Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Having Trouble with the Boards?
Ask in the General Forum
or email unforum /at/ unfiction.com

The time now is Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:52 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: MetaCortechs » MetaCortechs: Puzzles
[SPEC] Binary Code in James Avery profile
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 2 [16 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Gewrew
Greenhorn

[SPEC] Binary Code in James Avery profile

I couldn't really find this anywhere in another thread, so i started another one, and it might stem enough conversation to warrant its own thread anyway.

in the directory on www.metacortechs.net in James Avery's profile, you get that scrambled picture and a bunch of binary code.

Code:

When translated that leaves us with:

Quote:
Na e: Aver , J es D pt x c iv

Now, according to http://mitglied.lycos.de/Gumpraider/metacortex/htm/puzzles.htm if you just fill in the blanks it spells:

Name: Avery, James
Dept: Executive

I couldn't help but think that the binary code left the spaces in there for a reason. So i took the missing letters: MYAME:EEUTE (including the colon after Dept) and entered them into an anagram solver and i come up with some interesting results.

a word that comes up a lot is the word EYE which can be substituted for "I". I'm still trying to find a really good anagram generator, but maybe if someone doesn't think i'm completely out of my gourd, and they have a good anagram generator....they could maybe help out here. i figured it was worth a shot since not a ton of progress has been made in the past 8 hours or so.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 3:10 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Gewrew
Greenhorn

i just saw this thread too: http://forums.unfiction.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2608&start=255

looks like they found another file, and it contains something with EYE in it too... maybe we're on to something here?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 3:12 pm
spin
Kilroy

i'm working on the anagrams now......haven't found much yet.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 3:12 pm
Gewrew
Greenhorn

one that i got early, but didn't think anything of was:

EYE AM ME TUE

seems to be on the same page as that other thread, with the EYE and ME TOO

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 3:19 pm
Dyslexc3

eye am me tue

In Reloaded, Smith said "Me, me me." His new copy said "Me, too." Though if we're going with people logging on to the site, "me, too" could be an arrival greeting to go along with "also."

Dys

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 4:07 pm
Auspex

Just had a thought- could it be that the missing persons have been "absorbed" by Smith?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 2:02 pm
Azathoth666

So, going back a ways in the story, James Avery was absorbed by (ex) Agent Smith?

This would account for his "unexpected" retirement, and potentially some of the sinisternessness at Metacortex anyway.

(Apologies: I only stumbled across the Metacortechs.com site a few days ago, and have spent almost the last 48 hours playing catch-up. Go easy on me for trying to fill this in as back-story. Wink )

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 7:44 pm

Assuming that the ARG takes place in the Matrix between Reloaded and Revolutions, it stands to reason that people Smith has been absorbing would be noticed as "missing".

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:45 pm
ecwilder

if agent smith absorbed james avery ... then james avery would have been previously unplugged... and if he was previously unplugged... then why on earth would he hang out every single day in the matrix working a boring 9-5 computer job.....

we should assume that James was into the same sort of thing as Beth and Phil, they seemed to chat about him as if they were close friends.. so he was obsessed w/ the paranormal.. finding out whats up w/ the world..

james avery dissapeared because he, like neo, stepped through the looking glass....

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 9:08 pm
ecwilder

and furthermore... im gonna say i can almost guarantee that one of the hackers is James Avery....

all the clues on paintover.net are possibly for Beth and Phil to find... he wants his friends out... the pictures they got sent to them of the missing people were on the paintover site......

seeing all this???!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 9:10 pm
Guest-a-saurus

ecwilder wrote:
and furthermore... im gonna say i can almost guarantee that one of the hackers is James Avery....

all the clues on paintover.net are possibly for Beth and Phil to find... he wants his friends out... the pictures they got sent to them of the missing people were on the paintover site......

seeing all this???!!!!!!!

Thats a really intresting theory, could you explain it further please?

Also my girlfriend (a shrink) says Beth appears to be borderline suicidal and in a great deal of regret. Also, she says Phil is most likely homosexual. But Im sure neither of those are very relevant right now

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 9:15 pm
egomaniacal1
Greenhorn

Personally i think James Avery IS agent Smith. How else do you explain that Beth is seeing him everywhere. I think she is seeing him as he begins to take over the matrix. As Smith takes over everyone in the matrix the matrix becomes unstable and causes all the paranormal phenomena that Beth and Phillip are documenting. I think there are people at Metacortech that KNOW the truth and some people who will suspect/discover the truth. That truth being.....that they are all IN the matrix and possibly that Metacortech is responsible for creating and/or controlling the matrix. The revelation there being that there are actual human components in Metacortech either being used by the machines or willfully helping them to keep humans in there pods as batteries!!!!

Thats my theory and i'm stickin' to it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 1:45 am
ecwilder

i got $20 sayin your wrong.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 1:46 am

ok. Whatever. Why don't you tell us why you think James is one of the hackers?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 1:58 am
Chinghis
Veteran

Hm, egomaniacal1 - I like the first part, at least. That's something never quite explained in the movie - not like it had to be, but, still - how do all these Smith's appear in the Matrix to regular folk? Maybe they appear as someone familiar, but, the same person. So, you'd see someone all the time...

But yes, I like that thought. Adds to the idea that this is the prequel to TMO.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 2:00 am
Page 1 of 2 [16 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: MetaCortechs » MetaCortechs: Puzzles
Jump to: