Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Got a jones for some uF swag?
Visit Ye Olde Tradin' Post!

The time now is Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:24 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » ARG: Project Abraham
[TRAILHEAD][R2] Get a War Job
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 34 [496 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, ..., 32, 33, 34  Next
h311b3nt
Decorated

[TRAILHEAD][R2] Get a War Job
Resistance 2 (PS3 game) ARG

This month's Gamepro magazine has an ad that has the look of a WW2 newsreel style paper.

http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=196168

In the newsprint, the article discusses the improvements of US Military Technology in the effort to prepare for an upcoming offensive against the Chimera.

In the first Resistance game, Chimera is an alien race that attacks earth in the late 1940's/early 1950's. So the game has a WW2 feel except with aliens and alien technology...think Halo meets Call of Duty.

The ad also includes the website, getawarjob.com. On this website hides a job application to...well....get a war job of course, a telephone number, plus some additional propaganda.

Could be a "Halo - I Love Bees" style ARG trailhead or it could be a rabbit hole for endless spam. What do you think guys?

UPDATE (7/6):

A lot of progress has been made in what looks like something may be shaping up to be a full blown ARG. Check out the site below to catch up: http://fallofman.wikibruce.com/Home

Not created by me...that credit goes to thebruce.....just trying to be useful in getting everyone up to speed and participating.

Mr Hell

UPDATE (7/9):

Here is a progress report for everything found as 7/9 6:45PM. If you want to catch up on your own, don't read below.
Spoiler (Rollover to View):

Uncovered websites:
getawarjob.com
- How it was found: mentioned above

projectabraham.com
- How it was found: Morse code in the ad in gamepro pointed to the "map" in a different part of the ad. The map was a cipher that lead to project abraham.
- Website has been recently updated and now contains 2 videos

projectabraham.com/blackout
- How it was found: Morse code at the end of the first project abraham video
- website now contains two documents, the first is a picture of 7 enlisted men and the second is a letter.

UPDATE (7/12-7/15):

projectabraham.com
-Timer located on Project Abraham website which counts down to Tuesday, 7/22 at noon PST.
-3rd video added

projectabraham.com/blackout
-New (2nd) letter added to Project Abraham blackout. Transcipt here: http://forums.unfiction.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26090&start=420

UPDATE (7/22):
Spoiler (Rollover to View):
projectabraham.com
Once the timer ended at noon PT, a new main page was made available underneath the the Resistance logo on the Project Abraham website. It leads to http://www.projectabraham.com/main.aspx. This replaced the blackout site. On this new site, we are asked to choose the next subject for experimentation. To assist, there are dossiers for the 7 subjects which include psycho reports, records of service, videos of interviews, etc. as well as, a voting system to select the next subject. Voting ends every Friday and test results every Monday.

getawarjob.com
Also, getawarjob.com has a new pamphlet warning readers of the dangers of subversives, especially a radical group called the the Alliance for American Autonomy. The gov't propanda pamphlet "inadvertently" hints at this group's website which turns out to be:

americafirstamericaonly.com
This features a look at what appears to be the rec room in the AAA headquarters. Copy of their newsletter, pertinent AAA related media, and local interest clippings are found here

That is the long and short of it for now. Details can be found in the wiki above.

UPDATE: 7/29
There have been many updates following the test results of Brown's injection. It is moving a little faster that I can update this posting. For the most up to date info please visit the wiki:

http://fallofman.wikibruce.com/Home

Mr Hell

[Stickied! ~Rekidk]
EDIT - moved to Potentials forum - SG

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:11 pm
Last edited by h311b3nt on Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:17 pm; edited 13 times in total
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
KLind
Entrenched

I like the way you think. When I saw that URL in the magazine, my ARG siren went off. Mainly because I remembered this article: http://www.argn.com/archive/000718rumor_an_arg_for_resistance_2.php

Looks like this site finally is up. It wasn't live yesterday. Time to dive in! Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:20 pm
cigarman
Veteran

this intrigued me so i signed up ,just have to wait and see what happens "Foily!"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:09 pm
MrToasty
I Have 100 Cats and Smell of Wee

Looks like there is a toll free number to call as well

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:23 pm
Jacks
Unfettered

I saw this on a gaming blog earlier today and signed up... Smile

XBL: Jacks4tw, PSN: acj74, Wii Friends Code: a bunch of numbers...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:26 pm
KLind
Entrenched

MrToasty wrote:
Looks like there is a toll free number to call as well

http://boomp3.com/listen/byossrwwb_l/get-a-war-job-phone-message

^Audio from the call

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:54 pm
RelaxRelapse720
Veteran

{Rant}I wish I could sign up, but I'm moving in like 2 weeks and don't remember half the stuff about the house. If this blows up in the next two weeks I'm going to be pissed.{/Rant}

Anyways here are the two pamphlets. I don't know if they are needed..

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:19 pm
Bartock
Decorated

So has anyone considered sending a mail to the Free information address given in the Popular Technologies Pages from Gamepro?

It looks like is says:
Free Information Box(?)
P.C. Hedges, President
American Radio Organization
PO Box 2141
Pasadena(?) CA 91322(?)

The question marks are points where I am not sure what is says (no subscription to Gamepro, so I am working off the small images from the link posted above).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:48 pm
KLind
Entrenched

Bartock wrote:
So has anyone considered sending a mail to the Free information address given in the Popular Technologies Pages from Gamepro?

It looks like is says:
Free Information Box(?)
P.C. Hedges, President
American Radio Organization
PO Box 2141
Pasadena(?) CA 91322(?)

The question marks are points where I am not sure what is says (no subscription to Gamepro, so I am working off the small images from the link posted above).

Pasadena also pops up in the Privacy Policy:

Quote:
Contact Us

For further information on this Privacy Policy, or for questions on information that we may have collected from you, or should you wish to have your name removed from the mailing list associated with this site, please contact us by either of the following methods and we will be happy to review, update, or change your record status as appropriate:

By Mail at: Get a War Job
556 S Fair Oaks Ave #144
Pasadena, CA 91105

I dunno if it's connected.

I'll send something out to the address you posted. Also I can try to get higher res scans tonight.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:30 pm
ares5000
Veteran

hmmm. That address is 15 min away from my work! i might just have to show up in camo and ask for a job Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:29 pm
KLind
Entrenched

Interesting clue. On the bottom of the ad for "DEADLY INFLUENZA" there's Morse Code that decyphers to "FOLLOW THE MAP". There's a map on that page too with with boxes and dots. I'll keep looking.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:10 pm
degravedi
Unfictologist

KLind wrote:
Interesting clue. On the bottom of the ad for "DEADLY INFLUENZA" there's Morse Code that decyphers to "FOLLOW THE MAP". There's a map on that page too with with boxes and dots. I'll keep looking.

Okay, I'm blind or stupid (I'm betting on the latter), where are you seeing that?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:15 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
 ICQ Number 
KLind
Entrenched

degravedi wrote:
KLind wrote:

Okay, I'm blind or stupid (I'm betting on the latter), where are you seeing that?

I don't know you so I don't know if you're stupid or not, but I'm willing to bet in this instance blind would be more fitting. There's Morse Code under the address on the "DEADLY INFLUENZA" page. I have the magazine, so It's bigger for me, but it definitely deciphers to FOLLOW THE MAP.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:18 pm
degravedi
Unfictologist

KLind wrote:
I don't know you so I don't know if you're stupid or not, but I'm willing to bet in this instance blind would be more fitting. There's Morse Code under the address on the "DEADLY INFLUENZA" page. I have the magazine, so It's bigger for me, but it definitely deciphers to FOLLOW THE MAP.

Hehehe blindly stupid, sounds like me Wink But thanks, finally caught it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:21 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
 ICQ Number 
KLind
Entrenched

Now we need to figure out what map...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:24 pm
Page 1 of 34 [496 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, ..., 32, 33, 34  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » ARG: Project Abraham
Jump to: