Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Having Trouble with the Boards?
Ask in the General Forum
or email unforum /at/ unfiction.com

The time now is Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:27 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » Old News & Rumors
[TRAILHEAD]Dollhouse ARG
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 2 of 13 [187 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, ..., 11, 12, 13  Next
Derek

Has anybody seen the name of the person who submitted the password? First google link - apparently they are a missing person, according to http://findkimi.com[/url]

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 3:13 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Esteed
Entrenched

So what is the password? Looking at the source says the password name is "secretkey" but I'm not sure if that's actually the password.
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll look down and whisper "No."" -Rorschach

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 3:14 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
wiesengrund
Boot

Derek wrote:
Has anybody seen the name of the person who submitted the password? First google link - apparently they are a missing person, according to http://findkimi.com[/url]

i'm also there. the foto reminds us slightly of the set of Dollhouse.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 3:20 pm
nitefoll
Decorated

There's also another thread going on in the Dollhouse Forums fansite.

playing: skynet
watching: holo
played: sky remains, BoL/SiD, ilovemaureenpickles, AOD, perplexcity, geist, worldwithoutoil

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 3:39 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
wiesengrund
Boot

can someone decode what the text is in this bg-image?

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:08 pm
notgordian
Unfictologist

So Sheridan Owen (Sheridan.OwenSPLATgmail.com), from Manchester, is looking for Kimi Lassek. He's a civil service worker...maybe they work together and are trying to track down some other missing people?

Kimi somehow has access to the Dollhouse and might even work there currently, since she knew the username/password and managed to take a photo of its interior.

And then there's the number 897, which shows up fairly randomly on the findkimi page. I sent out an email to Sheridan to see what comes of it.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:16 pm
Last edited by notgordian on Mon May 26, 2008 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jain
Unfettered

Esteed wrote:
So what is the password? Looking at the source says the password name is "secretkey" but I'm not sure if that's actually the password.

Spoiler (Rollover to View):
username: adelle password: wipe

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:20 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
notgordian
Unfictologist

By the by, it looks like there's some very small text hidden in the blue header bar on the findkimi site.

http://www.blogblog.com/no897/bg_header.gif (although that's reeeeally hard to read)

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:27 pm
Esteed
Entrenched

Okay, so I sent Sheridan Owen an email address.

Me wrote:
Hi. I'm Esteed. I found your site and I would like to help if at all possible. There are a few things of interest.

First, in your first post, you mention that the letter is wrong. Can you explain what's wrong about it? Do you mean it just didn't sound like Kimi? This is going to sound like an odd question, but was Kimi into spy movies? Maybe she hid a message in the letter.

Secondly, that picture. Do you have any idea of where that is?

I'm thinking of River's letters to Simon in Firefly, which may be metagame thinking but also a handy trick for those in sticky situations. Let's see what happens.
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll look down and whisper "No."" -Rorschach

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:56 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nitefoll
Decorated

notgordian wrote:
By the by, it looks like there's some very small text hidden in the blue header bar on the findkimi site.

http://www.blogblog.com/no897/bg_header.gif (although that's reeeeally hard to read)

That header is just the default theme available from blogspot, I use it myself.

Also, I posted an email to kimiSPLATadelledewitt.com asking where she was and if she's ok, no reply yet

played: sky remains, BoL/SiD, ilovemaureenpickles, AOD, perplexcity, geist, worldwithoutoil

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 5:03 pm
Last edited by nitefoll on Mon May 26, 2008 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
October
Unfettered

I've been scouring YouTube for where Sheridan might have posted that video he talked about in the March 30th entry... but no luck. Maybe some of you with better Tube-fu can take a look. I doubt that post would be there if the video wasn't up. In the meantime, I, too, will email Sheridan and badger him about his YouTube account.

Edit:

Just For Reference: The picture on the Southland Labs website is the room that is seen in the Dollhouse Trailer at 21 seconds. Notice the same woman standing there in the trailer as the Actives get into their cubicles - same as the one in the picture on Southland Labs.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 5:10 pm
Last edited by October on Mon May 26, 2008 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
VindicatedEagle
Boot

Aha! Updates!! Razz

SO glad something is happening.

OK so I'm definitely thinking that Find Kimi site is in game. Could Kimi be one of the Dolls? I also sent Sheridan Owen an email, telling him I had a group of friends looking forward to helping him find Kimi. I asked him what Kimi was doing in L.A. when she went missing and for more information about her.

As far as that email in the webmail account, it's from Topher Brink, who according to various sources on the web (including www.dollverse.com):

Quote:
Topher Brink is a genius programmer who is responsible for the tech side of the Dollhouse. He's busy wiping and reprogramming the Dolls. He says Huzzah. That's all you need to know.

I'm glad this got off the ground so quickly! Joss Whedon is my hero.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 5:20 pm
October
Unfettered

Topher must be the young blond guy in the trailer (at 40s) who's standing next to Echo when she wakes up.

Edit: Also, I've been wondering - what email address did the email from Adelle DeWitt come from? The furiousnads site doesn't say.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 5:23 pm
nitefoll
Decorated

notgordian wrote:
Kimi somehow has access to the Dollhouse and might even work there currently, since she knew the username/password and managed to take a photo of its interior.

Picture from Kimi definitely looks like it came from inside the dollshouse.
Spoiler (Rollover to View):

http://www.dollverse.com/index.php/component/option,com_rsgallery2/Itemid,28/gid,3/

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 6:23 pm
Salsaman1991
Decorated

Location: Uruguay (also known as "that little triangle in south america")

Definitely in. Not much of a Whedon fan, but I loved Angel, and the premise of the show just plain rocks. Let's see how this ARG unfolds.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 6:59 pm
Page 2 of 13 [187 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, ..., 11, 12, 13  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » Old News & Rumors
Jump to: