Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Your continued support keeps uF running!

The time now is Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:38 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: MetaCortechs » MetaCortechs: Interaction
Multiple Automated E-mail responses listed
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 2 [24 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
DrLariat
Greenhorn

Multiple Automated E-mail responses listed

From: MetaMailex Administrator <listadmin@underscorehosting.com>
Reply-To: MetaMailex Administrator <listadmin@underscorehosting.com>
To:
Subject: The Aquapolis Triton Suites Contest
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 12:36:49 -0500

Greetings!

We have received your entry for our Triton Suites drawing! You will be contacted by email if your entry is selected on Opening Day. Good luck!

Sincerely,
The Aquapolis
http://www.theaquapolis.com

Reply-To: infoSPLATunderscorehosting.com
To:
Subject: Underscore Hosting
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 10:42:09 -0500

Thank you for your email to Underscore Hosting. Your message has been forwarded to the appropriate party, and if a response is needed, you will receive a reply as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Underscore Hosting
www.underscorehosting.com

Reply-To: infoSPLATmetacortechs.com
To:
Subject: Thank you for your email
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 10:42:45 -0500

Thank you for your interest in MetaCortex. With the aid of our exclusive MetaMailex technology, your message has been forwarded to the appropriate department or individual.

If a response is required or necessary, you should receive it soon.

Thank you,

MetaCortex
Serving you into the 21st century

Reply-To: salesSPLATunderscorehosting.com
To:
Subject: Your Sales Query
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 10:45:20 -0500

Thank you for your email to the Underscore Hosting Sales Department. If a reply is needed,a sales representative will contact you soon.

Thank you,

Underscore Hosting

From: MetaMailex Administrator <listadmin@underscorehosting.com>
Reply-To: MetaMailex Administrator <listadmin@underscorehosting.com>
To:
Subject: MetaCortex Beta Application
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 03:52:12 -0500

Thank you for your interest in MetaCortex and our beta testing program! We will contact you if you are selected.

Sincerely,

The MetaCortex Beta Team

Reply-To: jobsSPLATtheaquapolis.com
To: Subject: The Aquapolis Jobs
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 04:38:42 -0500

Thank you for your application! If we find that your resume meets our requirements, we will be in touch with you shortly.

www.metacortechs.com

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 4:51 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Varin
I Have No Life

And from Cascade Vortex...

Quote:
While we can't guarantee a personal reply to every inquiry, we'll try to get to your email as soon as possible.

Thanks,
the Cascade Vortex Staff

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Visit the Cascade Vortex!

The Cascade Vortex is located south of Rainier National Park, just off Highway 12 on River Road, between Packwood and Silver Beach, Washington.

Snail Mail:
P.O. Box 1158
Cora, Washington 98369

E-Mail:
infoSPLATcascadevortex.com

"meta meta meta, I made you out of play..." ~ j5

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 11:53 am
tuxhedoh
Kilroy

Reply-To: jobsSPLATtheaquapolis.com
Subject: The Aquapolis Jobs

Thank you for your application! If we find that your resume meets our requirements, we will be in touch with you shortly.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 4:57 pm

Subject: From the Desk of Phillip Gairden
Date: Sunday, October 05, 2003 6:55 AM

Current engagements have limited my computer time. Please be patient as the mounting emails often take some time to go through. A proper response will be sent as soon as possible.

Thank you,
Phillip Gairden, Editor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 10:01 am
niobexrev
Unfettered

LAST UPDATED: Nov. 22, 2003

My Metacortex emails (I don't know how many of these are the same as everyone else's).

The short list (I got responses from these):

infoSPLATmetacortechs.com
infoSPLATunderscorehosting.com
submissionsSPLATparanormaljournal.org
mediaSPLATparanormaljournal.org
pgairdenSPLATparanormaljournal.org
jobsSPLATtheaquapolis.com
listadminSPLATunderscorehosting.com
Failed delivery: dsregenhardtSPLATmetacortechs.com
Failed delivery: taandersonSPLATmetacortechs.com
drleokaneSPLATdrleokane.com
scholarshipSPLATwongmo.org
emc2SPLATlittle-boxes.net #1
emc2SPLATlittle-boxes.net #2
emc2SPLATlittle-boxes.net #3
emc2SPLATlittle-boxes.net #4
emc2SPLATlittle-boxes.net #5
Just Added: emc2SPLATlittle-boxes.net #6
betatestSPLATmetacortechs.com
criversSPLATmurpha.com
subscriptionsSPLATparanormaljournal.org

the detailed version

Quote:
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 20:01:36 -0500
To: niobexrev@yahoo.com

Subject: Thank you for your email

Thank you for your interest in MetaCortex. With the aid of our exclusive MetaMailex technology, your message has been forwarded to the appropriate department or individual.

If a response is required or necessary, you should receive it soon.

Thank you,

MetaCortex
Serving you into the 21st century
www.metacortechs.com

Quote:
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 21:29:57 -0500

Subject: Thank you for contacting the Cascade Vortex!

While we can't guarantee a personal reply to every inquiry, we'll try to get to your email as soon as possible.

Thanks,
the Cascade Vortex Staff

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Visit the Cascade Vortex!

The Cascade Vortex is located south of Rainier National Park, just off Highway 12 on River Road, between Packwood and Silver Beach, Washington.

Snail Mail:
P.O. Box 1158
Cora, Washington 98369

E-Mail:

Quote:
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 21:40:39 -0500

Subject: Underscore Hosting

Thank you for your email to Underscore Hosting. Your message has been forwarded to the appropriate party, and if a response is needed, you will receive a reply as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Underscore Hosting

Quote:
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 21:49:11 -0500

Subject: Manuscript Submission- Paranormal Research Journal

Thank you for your interest in the Paranormal Research Journal.

For more information on manuscript submissions, please visit http://www.paranormaljournal.org/cfp.html

If you have submitted a manuscript that is up for consideration, please review the materials forwarded to you for the appropriate editorial contact.

If you have just recently submitted a manuscript, we are thankful for your patience during the initial reviewing process.

Thank you,
Paranormal Research Journal

Quote:
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 21:52:02 -0500

Subject: Paranormal Research Journal Media Inquiry

Thank you for your interest in the Paranormal Research Journal. Your request has been forwarded to the Editor. Unfortunately, his extensive speaking and teaching engagements take precedence and he is not, at this time, accepting any requests for interviews. Should his schedule permit, he will be in contact with you.

Thank you,
Paranormal Research Journal

Quote:
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 21:54:32 -0500

Subject: From the Desk of Phillip Gairden

Current engagements have limited my computer time. Please be patient as the mounting emails often take some time to go through. A proper response will be sent as soon as possible.

Thank you,
Phillip Gairden, Editor

Quote:
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 22:11:36 -0500

Subject: The Aquapolis Jobs

Quote:
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 23:32:24 -0500
Subject: The Aquapolis Triton Suites Contest
From: "MetaMailex Administrator" <listadmin@underscorehosting.com>

Greetings!

We have received your entry for our Triton Suites drawing! You will be contacted by email if your entry is selected on Opening Day. Good luck!

Sincerely,
The Aquapolis
http://www.theaquapolis.com

Quote:
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 01:12:28 -0500
Subject: Aloha!

Aloha! At the current time, I am on an extended sabbatical. I apologize or not answering mail and expect to be able to do so once my sabbatical is over and I'm back home in my very own office. Dr. Leo Kane http://www.drleokane.com

Quote:
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 03:29:11 -0500
Subject: Wongmo Artist Spotlight Submission

Hello!I would like to personally thank you for submitting your work for consideration in my Artist Spotlight Scholarship Talent Search. I look forward to reviewing your entry.Results will be announced within the first two weeks of November. Until then, follow the dolphins of your heart!*Wongmo*

Quote:
To: niobexrevSPLATyahoo.com
Subject: Life in a box
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 16:56:12 -0500

Hi!

Work is not going well at all. That s part of the reason for the resurgence of the email list. I m just not comfortable writing the truth on my website and that bothers me. I have always made a point of finding and stating the facts as I know them to be. Now that may lead me down a road that I am unwilling to take.

Last Friday, I was working late. I had explained to my boss that I would put a few papers in his office and then lock up for the weekend. While in there I was distracted for a few minutes and a coworker seems to have assumed that I was looking through company secrets. That was not the case at all. I was merely distracted by a single folder. Unfortunately, the worst possible employee to walk in on me did just that. Of course she ran straight to Marcus and told him. So now I have problems with authority and a troubling attitude that is distracting me from my duties. Now does that sound like me? He did have some valid points when he called me into his office. One of which was to watch what I write on my website. It s not unheard of for people to lose their jobs based on what they say online. So, here we are, back to the days of email. At least for now.

My life is only slightly better. I feel as though I m haunted by memories of days gone by. I m terribly concerned about a good friend from my past. He seems to be missing and though I ve not spoken to him in years, I ve tried to reach him with absolutely no success. If one didn t know better, it would almost be as if he never existed. What would make a person go into hiding like that? And with his ex-wife? They were on good terms for the sake of their son, but it was just for his sake. I always believed that he just needed to get away from it all. Now I know otherwise and yet I know nothing. I m so worried.

My hobby is as confusing as ever, so at least that hasn t changed. I ve found a number of instances that seem to be based on biblical plagues. I believe that they are part of an elaborate hoax, but it seems just too elaborate to be one. I ve put a few of them up on my site under current research and I ll add a few more shortly. There just has to be a logical explanation to them and I will figure out just what that is. If you have any ideas about them, I would love to hear your theories.

Feel free to send them my way, you know the address.

Beth/emc2

PS: I received the following letter last week. I have been meaning to get it scanned and uploaded on to my website, but haven t had the time. She really would like to gain some understanding in hopes of receiving some compensation from her insurance company. I am at a loss of what to tell her; perhaps her letter may trigger something with one of you.

Dear Ms. McConnell,

Mrs. Rockwell down the road said that you might be interested in hearing my story and that you might know someone that could help us. It s been quite a mess and I m just sick over it.

On October 6, I was cleaning up the lunch dishes and noticed the sky going green outside the kitchen window. They always say the sky goes green before a tornado and I wanted to call Mr. Ross inside. Now it struck me as odd then because it was a beautiful day but you can never be too safe about such things. So I hustled outside and called for him but he couldn t hear me so I ran right after him. The next thing I know, a loud crash scared the fright right out of me and I couldn t move. Mr. Ross came running and helped me back up to my feet and when I turned back around, the house was in a pile on the ground.

Now I know that it had to have been an earthquake. Houses don t just fall apart like that and the insurance man said that he talked to the weather service and that there wasn t a tornado, which I could have told him. He also said that it wasn t an earthquake as nothing else was destroyed, not even the chicken coops just down from where I was standing. I don't know how these earthquakes work, but there is just no other possibility. He also said that the only thing that could account for this happened at suppertime and about 2 miles down the road which just happens to be where Ms. Anne s goat barn collapsed. But I know that it was just after lunch because Mr. Ross always does the back field at 2, you can set your watch to it, and I could see him working on getting there.

Well now the man is telling me that the insurance won t pay us for anything. And really, it s not the money. I lost my mother s china. It was her mother s and her mother s before her. Nothing can replace that. But it sure would be nice to have them help us pay to have a new house built. That s why we pay this insurance and it s not cheap. I really do hope that Mrs. Rockwell was right and that you d be able to explain this for the insurance man or point me to someone that can. As I told you, I m just sick over this.

Thank you kindly,
Margaret Ross

Quote:
Subject: Outside the Box
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 19:56:20 -0500

Hi!

Vacation! I can t believe that with everything happening at work, I actually have the courage to take my boss up on his offer of a little time off to regroup and regain my focus . I m so very excited and there is just so much to do before I leave tomorrow and here I am writing an email. I figured that it would be the best way to let everyone know that I m ok and that I ll be back in town next week, if everything goes as planned.

As you are aware, I have a rather intense interest in paranormal activity. Well, sometime this week someone went into my research archives and did something to a few of the events I ve chronicled which made me look a bit more closely at them. If my hunch is correct, I think that for the first time I may have actually predicted where the next occurrence will take place. I can t believe it and it all seems so crazy, but sometimes you just have to follow your gut. So, I m off to the middle of nowhere to experience an anomaly first hand. I ll be sure to take copious notes and video whatever I may see. To be honest, I have no idea of what to expect and the anticipation is nearly killing me!

My boss, I m sure, will not be happy with my short notice. There is so much work to be done and he s already more than a bit upset with me. The new CEO seems to have lost the big picture and has reassigned the priorities on a number of accounts which has us all running around like mad. Despite my best efforts, I ve not been able to focus on work and find myself constantly distracted by the paranormal. Which, luckily I was because I think that I may actually have predicted an event (at least the when & where of it!). My mind is just racing!

Other than that, things have really been looking up. It was a rough start to the week, a good friend is apparently very upset with me for some reason that he does not feel the need to share, my research archives were once again broken into and messed with, my dog was back at the vet. On top of a rough couple weeks, it just nearly broke me. Fortunately I ve made a new friend at work that helped me to see the light at the end of the tunnel, Laika was suddenly much better, the altered research led me to a fantastic revelation, and I just feel like I m 10 years old waiting to open presents. It s all so illogical and yet so invigorating! I haven t felt this great for about two years. I m so excited that I m beginning to ramble.

I ll have my laptop with me, though who knows what sort of connection I ll be able to get out there. I ll try to check in with everyone midweek. If not, I should be back in town next week.

Woo! Vacation!!

Beth

Quote:
Subject: Out of the Box
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 00:10:06 -0600

Greetings from Alabama!

This trip has been quite a ride and a frustrating one at that! I was
within miles of an occurrence and missed it! After so many events had
taken place in or near national parks or forests, I thought that this one
would follow suit and had been focused on Talladega National Forest. I
trusted that though so much that I missed the event by just a few
miles. I cannot believe that I came all this way, sleeping out in the wilds,
for nothing!

Well, to be fair, it wasn't exactly nothing. A strange event did occur
just up the road and I was able to get up there, talk to a few people,
and take some pictures. If the story is true, it's absolutely amazing
and something that I really wish that I had witnessed. While there were
two witnesses to the actual event, I was only able to interview one of
them. The other witness, an unknown man, disappeared in the resulting
fog and hasn't been seen since.

The first witness, a very nice guy in his mid 30s, explained that he
was working in his barn when he noticed one of his horses running at a
full gallop and a stranger standing not far from the fence watching. He
was curious as to who the stranger was and why the horse was so active
so he went to investigate. As he got closer he saw the horse come to a
stop mid-stride and it seemed as if he was encased in glass. Instantly,
fog began to bounce off the glass and within seconds the surrounding
area was completely enveloped in the fog. By the time he made his way to
the fence, the stranger was gone. As he turned to look towards the
horse, he noticed that the fog was clearing and that the glass had faded.
The horse stumbled out of the gallop stride and slowly walked out of the
area. We measured the area, still marked by a sort of chill, to be a
perfect 12 foot square.

As disappointing as it was too not witness the event first hand, it was
great to know that I had accurately predicted that one would occur. If
the pattern continues, another event will be happening in just a few
days and if all goes well, I won't miss it!

Other than that, I have no news. I should be home and back at work by
Monday. I'm surprised that I'm actually looking forward to it. A little
time away was exactly what I needed!

Beth

Quote:
Subject: Followup: 10/31 Incident
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 16:09:15 -0600

Dear BetaTest applicant,

On the evening of October 31st, a large electrical storm passed through
a portion of the Pacific Northwest. Power surges and outages were
reported in the Redland area in particular. Our own backup systems survived
the disturbance.

It has come to our attention that our MetaBroadcast server (which has
remote connections to outside providers) momentarily went down,
resulting in automated phone calls going out to a portion of our current
applicant database. Metacortechs and its affiliates would like to extend
sincere apologies for any confusion or inconvenience this might have caused
for you.

Our technicians are currently securing all telephony circuits and
lines. Your information is valued, and secure, and we do not anticipate any
future occurrences.

Thank you!

MetaCortex Beta Test Team

Quote:
Subject: Home again, Home again...
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 02:11:07 -0600

Well, here I am back in Redland safe and sound. I had a great trip that
left me glad to be home and yet wishing I wasn't.

It's always sad when you return to work after some time off and the
place hasn't fallen apart without you there to hold it together. When you
are just always there, it's easy to delude yourself into believing that
the company just couldn't do without you. After a week away, it seems
that aside from a slew of emails nobody noticed that I was away.
Granted my boss was thrilled to see me walk in the door on Monday morning,
but I'm not sure if that was because of my work or because he was
worried about me.

Perhaps I just miss the days of old. Ran into an old friend from my
little stint in Switzerland yesterday that triggered memories of days and
friends gone by. It completely surprised me when I saw him walking down
the hall. I almost didn't recognize him with the stern all-business
look. Dim was always the energy of the room and his laughter could be
heard down the street. To see him so rigid, so professional, just
highlighted the changes that have taken place. The last time I saw him was
when he took James and I to the airport for our return to the states. We
stopped at a little caf頡nd had so much fun that we missed our flight.
I miss those days. There was just so much hope and faith in the future
and what it held. We were a team, a strong team. While nothing would
fall apart if you took a week's vacation, your absence was felt and you
knew you were missed.

There was a bit of odd news on my return which also may have something
to do with it. A new coworker was named employee of the month. While
I'm happy for her, it just struck me as odd. Not only is she new to
the company, she's from my department and I'm not even all that sure of
what she does for us. She's in the department, and she shows up for
departmental meetings, but she doesn't seem to have any of the typical
responsibilities. It just all seems out of place and I'm not sure what to
make of it. Why her? Why our department (again!)? She is a great
girl and has become someone that I can count on. But that's socially, not
professionally. An employee of the month should be someone that
represents the company in an outstanding fashion. She just does not, at
least as far as I can tell.

Speaking of her, she was a fantastic help while I was away. Not only
did she watch over my place, she welcomed my dog into her home. Laika
almost didn't seem happy to see me! I had to call her twice before she
came bounding into arms. Next time maybe I should board her. At least
then I can't even get out the first syllable before she attacks me.
The home was all in one piece, mail piled neatly on my desk. Heck, if I
didn't know better, I'd think she even straightened up a bit for me.

I'm glad to be home, though I do wish that I was still away from
everything. It was nice to be able to think about things without any
distractions. Now I'm home and I'm still as confused as ever and even a bit
scared.

I suppose that I just wish that I was still away from here and in the
heart of everything else. It was an amazing vacation and I finally
experienced my first "anomaly". I'm not completely sure of what all
happened, though it was definitely something. I'll upload my notes to my
archives as soon as I get a moment to get them all in order. Part of me
is convinced that this is a hoax or some massive joke on me. If any of
you are in on it, please let me know. I'm a bit spooked, I'll admit it
and we can all move on.

There is definitely evidence that this is a hoax. In both Alabama and
Washington, a man was present for the events. However, I cannot for
the life of me figure out how he could have done the things. Sure, a few
can be explained as illusions, but they were so real. Others cannot be
explained at all. Yet if he wasn't behind them, why was he there?

I did not experience the event in AL, yet I was right in the center of
it in WA. It started when a few bats flew through a tree like it was
the night sky. That startled me and I fell through my tent and wound up
with half my body in the tent and half of it out of the tent. It was
as real as anything else that I've seen or experienced, but I suppose it
could have been some crazy trick. What gets me the most is my PDA. I
asked the man a few questions and he didn't respond. Yet when I went
to write some notes, there were new files on the PDA; files that I did
not put there. Ok, he could have put them there. Wireless connection
and all of that. However, the files turned out to be the answers to the
questions that I asked him in XML. I did not see him with a PDA or any
device. I did not see him type. So, how did that happen? Was there
someone else involved? How could it have happened so quickly?

I have since seen this man on several occasions. He's always at a
great distance, but he's there. So, I begin to wonder if I have a stalker.
It's very possible. Heck, I tell all of you virtual strangers quite a
bit about me. I suppose it wouldn't be hard to find out more. Yet,
he's always at a distance and so I've not been too worried. However,
tonight he showed up at my home. He knows where I live and this time he
was rather close to me. That's troubling. Again he wouldn't answer my
questions. When he left, I checked my PDA. And there they were, his
responses. Now seriously, if this is one of you, stop it. I bought
into it. Cool little hoax. Well done. I want to know your
secrets....how did you do it! If it's not one of you, who or what is it? What does
it mean?

Well, I've rambled on long enough and I'm late to go pick up Kat.
Hopefully a good movie will help me get my mind off of this.

Beth

Quote:
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 17:20:15 -0600
Subject: Jobs

Thank you for your inquiry into a position at Murpha. Your material
will be reviewed, and if it meets our criteria, you will be contacted
soon.

Thank you!

Christine Rivers
Murpha Human Resources

Quote:
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 17:25:39 -0600
Subject: Subscription information for Paranormal Research Journal

Thank you for your interest in the Paranormal Research Journal.
Unfortunately we have put a hold on all new subscriptions for the remainder
of the year. We thank you for your patience and understanding during
this transition and will inform you when our subscription system is back
online.

Thank you,
Phillip Gairden, Editor

Quote:
Subject: Outside the Box
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 16:40:46 -0600

Hello!

I am writing to you from a wonderfully wet Washington state. Once again
my interest in the paranormal has led me to discover the great
outdoors. Had I written this last night, you would have heard a miserable tale.
I was convinced that I had made a terrible mistake that sent me into a
frozen wilderness on a wild goose chase. Today, however, things are
much better. I have found what I was searching for.

As many of you know, I have been in contact with someone, or something,
for the past two weeks. At first I was convinced that he was, at best,
a hoax. My worst fear that he was a stalker, perhaps even one of you. I
was terribly upset by all of it and didn t know what to do about it.
After several meetings, I came to realize that he meant me no harm and,
in fact, needed my help. Then a terrible incident occurred last week. I
was not present and I am safe. However, he felt that his presence could
endanger me and so he left. I felt that he still needed my help and I
assumed that he would be where we first met. I came up here as soon as I
could, bringing Laika along to protect me (ok, to keep me company).
Sure enough, we have met up and he still needs my help and I need yours.

I don t know if I know how to help him. He claims that he s not human.
And oddly, I believe him. All evidence points to him being an AI or a
robot of some sort. Yet, as we all know, technology is not that
advanced. This is way beyond anything that I ve seen in our labs and is almost
frightening in how real it is. He believes that he has a function that
he is not in control of. However we don t know what that function is or
how to gain control of it. I know that I should call some of the AI
guys at work, they would love to get their hands on him. Yet, he s not
just a machine to be taken apart. I just can t do that to him and,
frankly, I don t think he d let me do that to him. Have I lost my intellectual
curiosity? I don t think so. I just know that I can learn more if we
don t go that route.

Would I be the hero at work if I brought in some rival company s lost
AI? Absolutely. But would I be doing the right thing? I don t think
so. Unfortunately, I m at a loss of how to help him repair himself. If
you have any ideas on tests that we could run, let me know. I ve put a
log of everything that s happened up on my site, check it out. If it
gives you any ideas IM me, I ll have my various messengers up.

Thanks!
Beth

Quote:
Subject: Closing the Box
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 14:00:17 -0600

As many of you know, several weeks ago journey of discovery. What
started as a simple curiosity about several loosely related events turned
into a complex obsession; one that took me from friends and family and
distracted me from work.

The things I have learned, the people and phenomena I have come into
contact with, have forced me to fundamentally question and re-examine
everything I thought was true about the world. Not only the tapestry of my
assumptions about my interpersonal relationships with my friends, but
also the fabric of my reality as I understood it, all seemed to come
unraveled at the same time. Confronted at every turn with events which
seemed to cruelly mock and subvert my own sense of logic and self, I could
easily have fallen to pieces. The fact that I have not was in no small
part due to the support and timely intervention of several unexpected
friends new and old:

...a fellow-traveler investigator and journalist of the extreme, whose
love and support, I now realize, means more to me now than ever before;
...a strangely inquisitive man whose oddly stilted speech patterns
masked a powerful curiosity that rivaled my own;
...a co-worker whose slightly sarcastic energy was infectious to me and
a source of some cheer, even if I never was quite sure of her
motivations;
...a spunky and adventurous little ball of fur who seems to have
developed quite a taste for camping in the outdoors;
...a beautiful young boy who smiled at me through his tears even though
I saw his heart break;
...and dozens and dozens of disembodied voices coming to me through the
ether, names unfamiliar to me who nonetheless somehow came upon the
journal of my investigations, and who reached across the miles in
thousands of little boxes on my computer screen to offer their support.

For these friends, and the gifts they brought me, I will be forever
grateful. As I look at this box overflowing with wonderful and confusing
memories and some questions that will never be answered, I realize that
the time has come to add it to the others in the closet. So, until I
open the next box, good-bye. I thank you all for your support and
encouragement. It truly was a pleasure getting to know you. If you re ever in
Redland, be sure to look me up.

Beth

That's it. Am awaiting responses from the rest.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 10:55 pm
Last edited by niobexrev on Sat Nov 22, 2003 5:01 pm; edited 20 times in total
joebrent
Unfettered

nice #2

Wow, niobexrev, you've earned your stripes in the past few hours Very Happy As you receive the rest of the replies, can you edit them into the above post, so we can keep it here for easy reference?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 3:02 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
niobexrev
Unfettered

Will do.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 6:11 pm
Grabthar

Has anyone checked the source code of the emails? Maybe there are clues in these... just a thought

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 7:54 pm
carlitoxxi
Veteran

From: drleokaneSPLATdrleokane.com <drleokane@drleokane.com>
date: venerd́ 10 ottobre 2003 12.55
To: carlitoxxi
Object: Aloha!

Aloha!

At the current time, I am on an extended sabbatical. I apologize for not answering mail and expect to be able to do so once my sabbatical is over and I'm back home in my very own office.

Dr. Leo Kane
http://www.drleokane.com

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 7:03 am
niobexrev
Unfettered

Just posted updated my list. Go check it out ^

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:51 am
niobexrev
Unfettered

got a response from Elizabeth. Go check out the updated list. I'm the third or fourth response down ^

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 2:17 pm
niobexrev
Unfettered

New one from Beth scroll up

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 10:32 pm
loewin
Boot

just curious if anyone has replied to any of the emails they have recieved? or are you all just waiting to keep gettin emails from them

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 11:02 pm
niobexrev
Unfettered

I assure you I am replying, that may be why we've gotten 2 e-mails from Beth.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 3:13 pm
AcidTWister
Boot

niobexrev, add one from metacortechs on the list:

Quote:
Dear BetaTest applicant,

On the evening of October 31st, a large electrical storm passed through a
portion of the Pacific Northwest. Power surges and outages were reported in the
Redland area in particular. Our own backup systems survived the disturbance.

It has come to our attention that our MetaBroadcast server (which has remote
connections to outside providers) momentarily went down, resulting in automated
phone calls going out to a portion of our current applicant database.
Metacortechs and its affiliates would like to extend sincere apologies for any
confusion or inconvenience this might have caused for you.

Our technicians are currently securing all telephony circuits and lines. Your
information is valued, and secure, and we do not anticipate any future
occurrences.

Thank you!

MetaCortex Beta Test Team

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 5:59 pm
Page 1 of 2 [24 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: MetaCortechs » MetaCortechs: Interaction
Jump to: