Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Having Trouble with the Boards?
Ask in the General Forum
or email unforum /at/ unfiction.com

The time now is Mon May 29, 2017 1:07 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » ARG: Tom Tooman
[Website] http://sparkeye.kppldlz9oo.info/
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 4 of 6 [78 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
Jubilus
Decorated

Do we see any connection with this and the stars from the bar codes?

Also, can anyone identify the arm patch of this guy?
stars.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   70.79KB
 Viewed   240 Time(s)

stars.jpg

guy.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   66.17KB
 Viewed   245 Time(s)

guy.jpg

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:07 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Jubilus
Decorated

It looks like the badges on their arms are in the shape of hourglasses with a line heading down into the bottom half.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:07 pm
bgunzy
Kilroy

When was this video made?

This video of the ambush appears to have been made in the winter, due to the snow on the ground. However, in ARG time we should be in mid-late June.

I don't understand...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:18 pm
GenPatton43
Veteran

Re: When was this video made?

bgunzy wrote:
This video of the ambush appears to have been made in the winter, due to the snow on the ground. However, in ARG time we should be in mid-late June.

I don't understand...

According to the Cheyenne Message last week, they have been having "freak" snow storms and an unusual winter.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:43 pm
mousekinn
Decorated

The snow is probably due to the nuclear events screwing up the weather. hard to say - I've never lived in that area Smile

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:11 pm
mousekinn
Decorated

A few notes have been made about the ambush: Personally, I think I heard someoen say "Go, Tom!" in teh jeep as they were leading the humvee (but it wasn't very intelligible). Others have seen a scalping of one of hte US soldiers (I missed it, I think I was too tired). They've obviously Native American in origin - when they get to the ambush place, they use the Native American war whoop to communicate. I _think_ there's additional conversation in there, but it's hard ot make out.

I would be interested for someone to look through this frame by frame during soem of the gunfire flashes - there were some spots I could swear images were hidden. I've tried doing it myself, but tygr's video won't open for me and I'm having a world of hurt trying to save the one off of the page.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:17 pm
GenPatton43
Veteran

mousekinn wrote:
A few notes have been made about the ambush: Personally, I think I heard someoen say "Go, Tom!" in teh jeep as they were leading the humvee (but it wasn't very intelligible). Others have seen a scalping of one of hte US soldiers (I missed it, I think I was too tired). They've obviously Native American in origin - when they get to the ambush place, they use the Native American war whoop to communicate. I _think_ there's additional conversation in there, but it's hard ot make out.

I would be interested for someone to look through this frame by frame during soem of the gunfire flashes - there were some spots I could swear images were hidden. I've tried doing it myself, but tygr's video won't open for me and I'm having a world of hurt trying to save the one off of the page.

Any ideas as to how I can get this on my PC? I'm getting all sorts of "error messages" when I try to play it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:34 pm
Dunia
Veteran

mousekinn wrote:
The snow is probably due to the nuclear events screwing up the weather. hard to say - I've never lived in that area Smile

Umm.... To let real life intrude a bit. It's February. It probably wasn't taped that long ago. I can live with their "freak storm" explanation.

I think MerRabbit is on to something. The long shot of the constellation is conspicuous.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:32 am
Jubilus
Decorated

Here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awMtctIkWp4

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:54 am
Dunia
Veteran

mousekinn wrote:

The only things I could hear clearly are "Let's go" and "Come on" at the beginning and "He's Down, He's Down" repeated at the end of the video. Everything else was drowned out by the gunfire.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:04 am
Draiocht
Greenhorn

Jubilus wrote:
Do we see any connection with this and the stars from the bar codes?

Also, can anyone identify the arm patch of this guy?

I think that man's face look a lot like Cuz Tooman from SHC.

Edited to add the following:

I went to my astronomy program to look at the stars in the video, using the ground coordinates from Sparkeye. The brightest stars appear to be in Ursa Major; part of the "handle" of the Big Dipper. Attached is the Jubilus' image with the common names for the stars inserted. To the Cheyenne, the stars of Ursa Major are seven brothers who took their sister into the sky, by building a ladder of arrows, to protect her from Buffalo who wanted her for a wife. Buffalo tore down the ladder, and the siblings remained in the sky. The brightest star is the sister, the dimmest star is the youngest brother. Other myths here: http://www.ruthenia.ru/folklore/berezkin/eng/011_90.htm
stars2.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   74.98KB
 Viewed   233 Time(s)

stars2.jpg

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:45 am
castiron3
Boot

Cool info Draiocht! If I get some time at work today looks like I'll have some reading material!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:47 pm
rkj
Boot

Jubilus wrote:
It looks like the badges on their arms are in the shape of hourglasses with a line heading down into the bottom half.

Yes, the badges looks similar to the special army unit in control of the "Time Tunnel", the 60s TV show.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:25 pm
GenPatton43
Veteran

Jubilus wrote:
Here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awMtctIkWp4

Thank You Sooooo Much for getting that!

Thats eery! I mean, VERY eery!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:51 pm
DuncanONeil
Boot

Re: !!

mousekinn wrote:
I was playing around near the weird blip I saw on the map, when I found this strange signal - it loosk liek a box with rotating/blinking sides, so I clicked it -- it redirected "

http://sparkeye.kppldlz9oo.info/666f756e64666f6f74616765.html

I can't see it, though, I'm at work! I t requires quicktime!..

edit" it's at about 44.4, -104.5 and doesn't look liek anythign else around it, on the western edge of the north part of the mountain tha tlooks like a lima bean.

Nighttime firefight! Apparent Indians vs humvees

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:48 pm
Page 4 of 6 [78 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » ARG: Tom Tooman
Jump to: