Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Having Trouble with the Boards?
Ask in the General Forum
or email unforum /at/ unfiction.com

The time now is Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:05 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » ARG: Tom Tooman
[website] http://www.kppldlz9oo.info/indexg.php
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 6 of 10 [144 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
GenPatton43
Veteran

REDEYE MAP ACTIVITY

castiron3 wrote:
Well this is the first time I've pulled up the SPARKEYE screen but I do see Ellsworth AFB, The FOB and what looks like lots of explosions guess radio signals? in the top left corner where wynecttnrlls is.

I THINK THAT IMAGE IN THE UPPER LEFT CORNER MAY VERY WELL BE AN EXPLOSION AND FIRE OF SOME KIND. IT ALSO APPEARS TO BE SOMEWHERE CLOSE TO THE "BLACK HILLS NATIONAL FOREST"
IT ALSO APPEARS TO BE CLOSE TO WAYNE COTTON AS WELL.
Unknown Explosion.JPG
 Description   
 Filesize   87.16KB
 Viewed   150 Time(s)

Unknown Explosion.JPG

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:28 am
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Dunia
Veteran

That's strange. I clicked on the C-130 over by thunder mountain, but the title showed up just under "Wayne's RV". It also had "205 87" right above it. I haven't seen that before. Section of IP maybe?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:48 am
GenPatton43
Veteran

F/A- 18's active on REDEYE
12:20 PM est

A flight of F/A 18's just showed up on the screen flying north.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:20 pm
mousekinn
Decorated

there's three I think. They came up over the NW of colorado from what I saw and are over southern North Dakota. Patrolling? Kinda looks like they did half a figure 8

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:24 pm
GenPatton43
Veteran

mousekinn wrote:
there's three I think. They came up over the NW of colorado from what I saw and are over southern North Dakota. Patrolling? Kinda looks like they did half a figure 8

Yup. Pretty interesting.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:32 pm
mousekinn
Decorated

2 new 654 helicopters (?) popping up out of Ellsworth - they usually patrol around this time, but they don't go as far out as the F18s, they tend to go around cheyenne, skim the north of denver, then head back to ellsworth.

And that slow 644 helicopter (??) chugged up from southern colorado today and is headed south from northern wyoming right now. It's only abou thalf as fast as the 654s.

I thought the F-18s wer edoing a perimeter patrol, but they didn't go very far north and now they're almost over the nebraska border and out of sight. Are we the only country with F-18s? Where are they gooooing? D:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:52 pm
GenPatton43
Veteran

mousekinn wrote:
2 new 654 helicopters (?) popping up out of Ellsworth - they usually patrol around this time, but they don't go as far out as the F18s, they tend to go around cheyenne, skim the north of denver, then head back to ellsworth.

And that slow 644 helicopter (??) chugged up from southern colorado today and is headed south from northern wyoming right now. It's only abou thalf as fast as the 654s.

I thought the F-18s wer edoing a perimeter patrol, but they didn't go very far north and now they're almost over the nebraska border and out of sight. Are we the only country with F-18s? Where are they gooooing? D:

Its possible I guess that they could be Canadian F/A-18's. They have a large number of them in their Air Force
The 644 and 654 birds could be Chinoonk and Super Stallion choppers. Cargo carriers they are.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:13 pm
mousekinn
Decorated

well the 644 tends to stay pretty far south - I don't know what base it could be out of, I've never seen it start or land at one. It stays around Denver an awful lot - wouldn't that be hazardous, not only to anyone on board, but the mechanisms in the chopper itself? It would become too irradiated to go near anyone.

And as always the little Hercules is chugging around - the E-3s seem to do a sweep in the morning and late evenings around the perimeter - well they do two giant circles one takes east, one takes west.

What type of cargo do you think they're carrying? It looks liek they make several trips a day between teh base and Cheyenne, up through eastern Wyoming and around Devils Tower. They never seem to go to another base though - I think they landed in Minot once or twice. Probably just basics and maybe some personnel, huh?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:38 pm
GenPatton43
Veteran

mousekinn wrote:
well the 644 tends to stay pretty far south - I don't know what base it could be out of, I've never seen it start or land at one. It stays around Denver an awful lot - wouldn't that be hazardous, not only to anyone on board, but the mechanisms in the chopper itself? It would become too irradiated to go near anyone.

And as always the little Hercules is chugging around - the E-3s seem to do a sweep in the morning and late evenings around the perimeter - well they do two giant circles one takes east, one takes west.

What type of cargo do you think they're carrying? It looks liek they make several trips a day between teh base and Cheyenne, up through eastern Wyoming and around Devils Tower. They never seem to go to another base though - I think they landed in Minot once or twice. Probably just basics and maybe some personnel, huh?

As far as the choppers go. The radiation should have long been dissapated by now. Even if its not, if they're properly equipped, they'd be OK there. Once they returned to their homebase they could be deconataminated quickly. The Crews could be enclosed in a self contained shell, so its doubtful that any large amount of harmful rads would be able to get through.

But the C-130 aircraft made me just realize something.
C-130s and AMW units are used for a mission called TACAMO, which stands for, "Take Charge and Move Out".
What they do is provide a relay to nuclear forces, primarily subs, to fire missles in time of a nuclear attack. They are mostly used by the navy, but it would not be too suprising to see them used for land based ICBM's either. Here's a link. (You have to scroll down a bit to see it.)

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/congress/2001_hr/01-06-28kane.htm

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:34 pm
mousekinn
Decorated

Interesting. I know that they're looking for nukes and missles to "cement" their leadership, since there are how many territories vying for power? It could be a big puff of bravado to try to establish claim.

Every move Ravenwood and J&R has claimed to make has as much tactical battlefield use as humanitarian - and the new thermeye seems as much a military seek and destroy as survival finder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:45 pm
Blackbird
Boot

GenPatton43 wrote:

Its possible I guess that they could be Canadian F/A-18's. They have a large number of them in their Air Force
The 644 and 654 birds could be Chinoonk and Super Stallion choppers. Cargo carriers they are.

If they were Canadian F/A 18's (which we do fly), would they not have a different designation, IE, a Canadian Home designation? It shouldn't change by crossing the border right?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:43 pm
GenPatton43
Veteran

Blackbird wrote:
GenPatton43 wrote:

If they were Canadian F/A 18's (which we do fly), would they not have a different designation, IE, a Canadian Home designation? It shouldn't change by crossing the border right?

No, it wouldn't. They should stay the same. Trouble is, we don't have a good handle on what their any specific designation is for these aircraft.

And I was wondering something else, do you think we'd see the airstrike on here tonight? On any of these sites?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:49 pm
Blackbird
Boot

They were undesignated?

AS to the airstrike? I think we might see one tonight. I would assume maybe on Therm, since it seems to be 'leading' us somewhere...
I've noticed it has stopped tracking and is staying static. Still zoomed in at 1600% focused roughly around DevilsLake ND.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:05 pm
mousekinn
Decorated

Dunia noticed a new acronym on the maps: YMRASU

Means nothing ot me, but it's a box up near two LMTVs (there used to be only one up there).. any military people know what it coudl be? Google is failing me.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:48 pm
GenPatton43
Veteran

mousekinn wrote:
Dunia noticed a new acronym on the maps: YMRASU

Means nothing ot me, but it's a box up near two LMTVs (there used to be only one up there).. any military people know what it coudl be? Google is failing me.

Yup!

LMTC= Light military Tracked Vehicle, simialr to our Strykers but still in the development phase.

YMRASU= "Yes, My Retarded Ass Signed Up!"

This is quite interesting.
Any idea what happened to SPARKEYE? The sreen went all red!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:50 pm
Page 6 of 10 [144 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » ARG: Tom Tooman
Jump to: