Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
What is an ARG?
Read imbri's Quickstart Guide

The time now is Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:08 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » Old News & Rumors
Red Monday -- new game?
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 5 of 72 [1076 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, ..., 70, 71, 72  Next
Cr0ybot
Veteran

Found another something in the code, still unsure if these are just numbers to make the code work or if they're actually something:

http://www.red-monday.com/gettime.php

gives us: time=1191475630

and the rm.txt gave us: abc=123

I've been able to get "king ere" out of the time numbers by converting them to letters, but that's pretty nonsensical.

Or maybe I'm totally going in the wrong direction.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:28 am
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Rogi Ocnorb
I Have 100 Cats and Smell of Wee

Try it as Unix/POSIX time

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:46 am
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dscab00se
Boot

Cr0ybot wrote:
Found another something in the code, still unsure if these are just numbers to make the code work or if they're actually something:

http://www.red-monday.com/gettime.php

gives us: time=1191475630

so i got bored this morning and decided to do the Unix/POSIX time thing and well...this is what we get

Spoiler (Rollover to View):
Thu, 04 Oct 2007 05:27:10 GMT

hopefully that helps some

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:48 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cr0ybot
Veteran

Yup, it's just code to make code work, nothing special here. It just gives the current time.

If you look at the url again, the numbers will be different.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:32 am
dscab00se
Boot

damn i thought i did something special lol

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:33 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ayanami Rei
Boot

There's no reason for a flash file to need to pull the time from a php script, is there? Nor is there really a reason to have a .php script echo the current time.

Something's pulling that time value.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:02 pm
Nereus_Theophilus
Unfettered

He needs the flash to know what time it is so that it can run the countdown on the /index2 page, after you log in. I have gone through all the flash code there is nothing of interest there any more just this. But that is not even really it is what he uses to send out the initial email. Though all the stuff written is kind of neat. There was nothing in the source code when I checked it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:37 pm
thebruce
Dances With Wikis

the code for the countdown is directly in the actionscript. There's no reason to have a separate file to get the countdown date.
I've also ripped apart the flash files and quoted anything I felt was interesting or relevent... at this point unless a flash file is updated, there's nothign really else to gain from the code, IMO. And the passwords aren't in the code, it just uses the code you entered to check for the existence of a file (thus, gabriel.swf)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:52 pm
Cr0ybot
Veteran

thebruce is right; go to the login page and put in the name of any flash file we've found that the site links to--index2.swf, login2.swf, gabriel.swf, or countdown.swf. It will take you to that .swf.

If only there was a way to see what other .swf files are on the site. Would that be cheating?

EDIT: I guess it might be more than just cheating, it would be illegal...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:57 pm
Wittgenstein
Veteran

hey guys, i guess i'm in - i signed up for event notification with the email address cayden.makSPLATgmail.com....

what can be said at all can be said clearly; and whereof one cannot speak
thereof one must be silent.

the noise of the street enters the house.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:15 pm
Nereus_Theophilus
Unfettered

I had forgotten to put the 2 in the index2.swf and that worked, but it was the same. Any way that is all I have. Been chatting with JC but not any thing was said. Mostly just trying to get confidence in me.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:03 pm
Ayanami Rei
Boot

Alright. JC slipped up, or the PM running JC did, early last night and said something silly about a security clearance.

I own a firm which is registered to do business with the Department of Defense (This isn't as cool as it sounds), and it was a way "in" for me since this "is" a government agent or contractor we're talking to.

After JC was incredulous that I wasn't running a chat log on #RedMonday because I was "running" DISCO SECRET mode. DISCO SECRET is a security clearance for government contractors (not government employees), and not an operational mode or a security posture.

Well, I wanted to see what JC would do when taken to task for it, noted that I'm just a guy who decided to inform our fine government of a security breach and works with DoD not DoJ, and JC needs a refresher on the Classified Materials Handling Guide which she can get from her section chief or the Classified Material Liaison.

I got back a snippy, "If you aren't part of this project, then why are you talking to me?" Seemingly someone forgot why I contacted her in the first place. Smile

JC has noted that "they" are reading this thread, which would treat it as in game. They are also attempting to "bug" the chat room, and some folks in #unfiction were wondering wtf they were thinking, since our IRC chat rooms are strictly OOG.

So, everything we type here may be used for/against us as in game. Just a heads up.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:57 am
Ayanami Rei
Boot

thebruce wrote:
the code for the countdown is directly in the actionscript. There's no reason to have a separate file to get the countdown date.
I've also ripped apart the flash files and quoted anything I felt was interesting or relevent... at this point unless a flash file is updated, there's nothign really else to gain from the code, IMO. And the passwords aren't in the code, it just uses the code you entered to check for the existence of a file (thus, gabriel.swf)

I haven't bothered to sothink the flash, I wasn't sure it was nice to do or not. Smile However, I am wondering why some of these .php scripts exist, and what the trail to find gettime.php was.

Now, I don't know if its in game or out of game, but the mail headers sent from JC's RedMonday.com account indicate that she/he is logging in using Squirrelmail from a proxy at Disney in California. Either IG OR OOG, its obvious that whoever is doing this knows Flash and Linux and PHP - there's a reason for that .php file, if nothing else than just for it to be found.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:01 am
ScotioBade
Veteran

aww fuck me

Ayanami Rei wrote:
Alright. JC slipped up, or the PM running JC did, early last night and said something silly about a security clearance.

I own a firm which is registered to do business with the Department of Defense (This isn't as cool as it sounds), and it was a way "in" for me since this "is" a government agent or contractor we're talking to.

After JC was incredulous that I wasn't running a chat log on #RedMonday because I was "running" DISCO SECRET mode. DISCO SECRET is a security clearance for government contractors (not government employees), and not an operational mode or a security posture.

Well, I wanted to see what JC would do when taken to task for it, noted that I'm just a guy who decided to inform our fine government of a security breach and works with DoD not DoJ, and JC needs a refresher on the Classified Materials Handling Guide which she can get from her section chief or the Classified Material Liaison.

I got back a snippy, "If you aren't part of this project, then why are you talking to me?" Seemingly someone forgot why I contacted her in the first place. Smile

JC has noted that "they" are reading this thread, which would treat it as in game. They are also attempting to "bug" the chat room, and some folks in #unfiction were wondering wtf they were thinking, since our IRC chat rooms are strictly OOG.

So, everything we type here may be used for/against us as in game. Just a heads up.

speaking of which..... i dont think i should have mentioned khaldids name in here cause now jc is pissed at me

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:18 am
Rogi Ocnorb
I Have 100 Cats and Smell of Wee

Hey, JC...

Thanks for the confirmation that this is just a game.
By referencing unFiction in game, your reality has ceased to exist.
Now, to me, you're just another weirdo on the internet.

Players don't tell characters they are fictional constructs and characters don't acknowledge the existence of unFiction which is ALWAYS an out-of-game area and unworkable, for you, as a resource.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:27 am
Last edited by Rogi Ocnorb on Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:41 am; edited 1 time in total
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Page 5 of 72 [1076 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, ..., 70, 71, 72  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » Old News & Rumors
Jump to: