Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Your continued support keeps uF running!

The time now is Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:45 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » ARG: Tom Tooman
[Website] Black Hills Radio Control
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 2 of 16 [228 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, ..., 14, 15, 16  Next
xnbomb
Unfettered

Triangle Man, Triangle Man
Does whatever a triangle can

Het found some pretty cool signals. Specifically at 27 MHz, with azimuths 110, 150, and 347.5 from Nodes 1-3. It sounds a lot like talking. And it triangulates rather nicely (although not perfectly, zoomed in it forms a triangle of about 1/2 mile length on the long direction, but this is to be expected with the angles incremented to only 1/2 a degree).

EDIT: It centers over about N 44.16 W 103.32, or Blackhawk, SD according to my sources.

EDITED AGAIN: To add various missing words.
triangle.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   28.57KB
 Viewed   288 Time(s)

triangle.jpg

triangle2.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   24.25KB
 Viewed   252 Time(s)

triangle2.jpg

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:19 pm
Last edited by xnbomb on Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:51 pm; edited 3 times in total
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
HetMasteen
Unfettered

I use Cubase SX3, and Audition 1.5 (software for music recording/editing).

I gave the azimuth data to xnb, and he'll triangulate it later when he has time. (thanks xnb!)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:20 pm
kolixela
Unfettered

ah cool

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:26 pm
HetMasteen
Unfettered

The Triangle Man strikes again!

So, that cackling is coming from a triangle 20 Kilometers long (like 13 or 14 miles). It's center is N 39.68 W 104.88.

That spot is pretty much smack in the middle of Denver, Colorado...
And from this we are supposed to infer... what?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:29 pm
kolixela
Unfettered

Re: The Triangle Man strikes again!

[quote="HetMasteen"]So, that cackling is coming from a triangle 20 Kilometers long (like 13 or 14 miles). It's center is N 39.68 W 104.88.

That spot is pretty much smack in the middle of Denver, Colorado...
And from this we are supposed to infer... what?[/quote

Dunno.. mark the 3 stations and the 2 signals on the map.

see if anything jumps out

for now its more information then we had yesterday
]

Also were you able to merge the 3 cackling signals into 1 file?

i think that needs to be hit with a signal decryptor, it's not random noise.

EDIT: no problem Smile We all get a little obsessive about these games I think. I just didn't want a potential clue to be overlooked in this.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:32 pm
ncfriend
Unfettered

Ellsworth AFB

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:30 pm
tygr20
Unfettered

For what it's worth- I fast scanned node 1 HF.

Here's what I did-

I opened node one, selected HF, went to 3 mHz, and using tabbing within the browser(click on the R Azimuth arrow, take your hand off the mouse, hold shift and press tab, that highlights the L arrow) and held space to scan quickly through the whole frequency. I did this for 3-30 and the only thing I found was what we already knew about- 8 mhz has static and 27 has garbled voices. Anyone care to do LF UHF and VHF, or the other nodes for that matter? 6am will be here soon, and I've got to rest before work.

@tygr20
www.tygr20.com

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:07 am
Rogi Ocnorb
I Have 100 Cats and Smell of Wee

Here's what I got mixing the three 127Mhz signals in Audacity.
Kind of a waste of time since they're virtually identical. But, in case I missed anything along the way. There is a little clipping in a couple of the louder areas as I was trying to pull something out of the mud.
27MHz_Combined.mp3
Description 
mp3

Download 
Filename  27MHz_Combined.mp3 
Filesize  442.15KB 
Downloaded  838 Time(s) 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:06 am
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Liquidtouch
Boot

Sounds like a war zone followed by some retro videogame sounds.

Soliders playing Pong perhaps? Razz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:25 pm
DeadbyDawn
Unfettered

Dearther

Just to keep the group up to speed. Driz and I were looking into the word "Dearther". We found a few uses for it.
1. An Old English word meaning shortage or famine.
2. "Birth Dearther" used to describe a generation such as "Gen X".
3. A race from the Clive Barker book "Imajica".

I dont know if it's relevant but, there it is.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:19 pm
ncfriend
Unfettered

Dearther

from alphaDictionary: http://www.alphadictionary.com/goodword/word/dearth

Quote:

dearth

Printable Version Pronunciation: drth

Part of Speech: Noun, mass

Meaning: 1. Lack, deficiency, scarce supply, shortage. 2. Specifically, a shortage of food, implying famine.

Notes: This Good Word is the noun from dear, semantically gone astray (see Word History). As a result, there is, if you will pardon the expression, a dearth of this word's relatives. Dearthful was tried in the 18th century, when the word still meant "dearness, costliness". Dearther "someone who causes a dearth" was tried about the same time but, mercifully, was allowed to slip harmlessly into oblivion.

In Play: As Larry Brady once put it (I think it was in the Agora), "I wouldn't say Helen Beddoes was a gold-digger, but I thought I heard her say 'Until dearth us do part' at the altar." In fact, we might even say, "There is no dearth of good ideas about Good Words in the Alpha Agora."

Word History: Today's Good Word came down from Old English (OE) deorthu "expensiveness", the noun from the adjective deore "expensive", which went on to become dear. Dear is used in this same sense (expensive) outside the US, e.g. "The hat was too dear for me." As Adam Smith taught us, the way to keep prices up is to keep supply down, hence the current meaning of the word. The OE word came from the same root as German teuer, Russian dorogoi, and Serbian drag "expensive". (Speaking of which, Katy Brezger was a dear for suggesting today's Good Word in the Alpha Agora.)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:57 pm
kolixela
Unfettered

Re: Dearther

LOL

So from that description the page means Mssng Smile

Looks like the theme is back!

we have a dearth on information as to how to proceed from here.

Sun god or no I think the name of the game is Mssng: What you don't see is the most important Smile

ncfriend wrote:
from alphaDictionary: http://www.alphadictionary.com/goodword/word/dearth

Quote:

dearth

Printable Version Pronunciation: drth

Part of Speech: Noun, mass

Meaning: 1. Lack, deficiency, scarce supply, shortage. 2. Specifically, a shortage of food, implying famine.

Notes: This Good Word is the noun from dear, semantically gone astray (see Word History). As a result, there is, if you will pardon the expression, a dearth of this word's relatives. Dearthful was tried in the 18th century, when the word still meant "dearness, costliness". Dearther "someone who causes a dearth" was tried about the same time but, mercifully, was allowed to slip harmlessly into oblivion.

In Play: As Larry Brady once put it (I think it was in the Agora), "I wouldn't say Helen Beddoes was a gold-digger, but I thought I heard her say 'Until dearth us do part' at the altar." In fact, we might even say, "There is no dearth of good ideas about Good Words in the Alpha Agora."

Word History: Today's Good Word came down from Old English (OE) deorthu "expensiveness", the noun from the adjective deore "expensive", which went on to become dear. Dear is used in this same sense (expensive) outside the US, e.g. "The hat was too dear for me." As Adam Smith taught us, the way to keep prices up is to keep supply down, hence the current meaning of the word. The OE word came from the same root as German teuer, Russian dorogoi, and Serbian drag "expensive". (Speaking of which, Katy Brezger was a dear for suggesting today's Good Word in the Alpha Agora.)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:37 pm
Liquidtouch
Boot

I have a ton of stuff going on right now so actively trying to solve some of this stuff has been difficult so i will continue to throw out ideas that hopefully lead somewhere....

Looking at Black Hills Radio and broadcasting in general it appears that the area is a bit unique. It sounds like it is very difficult to get stations as you drive through because of all the hills. At night on top of the hills however you can pick up stations as far away as Mexico. Because of this some stations use "repeater" stations to pick up the same broadcast in different areas on different frequency's. Not sure how it fits in if it does at all but perhaps this is why you get similar broadcasts on different stations on the dearther website.

http://www.rosyinn.com/4410.shtml

edit: added link to Black Hills Radio Station Guide

edit to fix the link. ~ drizjr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:12 am
audioslave
Unfettered

Hey guys. No idea what any of this is about, all I know is that I got a PM yesterday asking for my help messing with an audio file, but you seem to have it solved.

For future reference, I can do it fairly well, so if it comes up again, don't hesitate to ask. =] Good luck.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:04 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tygr20
Unfettered

audioslave wrote:
Hey guys. No idea what any of this is about, all I know is that I got a PM yesterday asking for my help messing with an audio file, but you seem to have it solved.

For future reference, I can do it fairly well, so if it comes up again, don't hesitate to ask. =] Good luck.

Audioslave- not entirely true. We're still working on an audio file, trying to clarify it. I can't pull this particular audio file from the flash- so, here's how to get there. I'm sure you can probably cap it and work with it from there. It may be impossible to clear it up, but hell, it's work a shot.

http://www.blackhillsradiocontrol.com/node1.swf

Settings- bottom buttons, HF, Frequency dial- 27 MHz, Azimuth- 150.0. See what you can discover there, if you please Smile

@tygr20
www.tygr20.com

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:16 pm
Page 2 of 16 [228 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, ..., 14, 15, 16  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » ARG: Tom Tooman
Jump to: