Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
What is an ARG?
Read imbri's Quickstart Guide

The time now is Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:31 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » ARG: Tom Tooman
[Website] Black Hills Radio Control
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 8 of 16 [228 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, ..., 14, 15, 16  Next
drizjr
Unfictologist

What I'm hearing is a little different:
Spoiler (Rollover to View):
I'm gonna tell you something, son. You see that man.. walking into town. You drove your weapon... you run to that man... and you embrace that man. If that man kills you, then he'll take you to your grave. And if that's what happens to you, so be it. It's out there. It's coming.

Which is likely to change the longer I listen to it. Smile

The phrase "drove a weapon" appears in Homer's Iliad.
If it is "drove", the imagery is very different.

Are these audios intentionally playing with our audio perception?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:24 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
kolixela
Unfettered

new message in node 3; VHF freq 214 AZ 130.5

"I made a battery finder, while i was making it i wondered if you made one too, then I realized that you already know where they are *laughs*. I found a battery with a radio attached to it. And believe it or not I don't know where I am. You will have to tell me."

I think we have a new direction to go now

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:48 pm
Shiningfist
Unfettered

Well...that is very odd. But...

A battery finder? How would one construct that? And for what reason? Which brings me to the second point...

"You already knew were all the batteries are."

What is that supposed to mean? I mean, if we're talking of a collection of batteries here, then what would it be for? And a battery with a radio attached to it? Has anyone traced where this frequency is coming from, because this one is one of the strangest.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:32 pm
mgelles
Decorated

He might not mean battery as in something that conducts electricity but battery as in a collection of weapons. I think we may have identified our smoking locations. Have we pinpointed where the radio broadcasts have originated. That would likely be the battery with the radio

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:49 pm
kolixela
Unfettered

very good observation!

Wonder if we will hear from the other half of this pair coming up soon?

might be that we will see more as we go. Maybe this will lead elsewhere on the areyouaborder site or on the radio site.

mgelles wrote:
He might not mean battery as in something that conducts electricity but battery as in a collection of weapons. I think we may have identified our smoking locations. Have we pinpointed where the radio broadcasts have originated. That would likely be the battery with the radio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:49 am
sMooTH WuN
Entrenched

Regarding the "Vampire" message on Nodes 1, 6:

Quote:
Is this Thunder Mountain?
Falcone 1 do you copy? Falcone 1 do you copy?
Vampire 1 Vampire 1 ...
we have a bomb situation inbound .. bomb inbound

thats my best guess.. but the lines "Is this Thunder Mountain" and "We have a bomb situation inbound" are definitely clearer than the others...

Ive been away for a bit and it seems like new frequencies are popping up.. can I ask how you guys are monitoring them? are you coming across them by chance or do you have some sort of strategy?
Now Playing: The Human Pet*, Exiles, Grays Point
Waiting for: Invasion2, WITG?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:25 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
drizjr
Unfictologist

The broadcasts that were lost on 10-10 that MerRabbit mentioned here from node 3 were the Boystown (?) message on VHF/ 267 MHz/ 87.5 Az, and the Wichita message on VHF/ 214 MHz /(eta) 129.5 Az
I just realized that the battery finder message replaced the Wichita one. So, when she says, "... I don't know where I am. You'll have to tell me.", is that where she is? In Wichita?

I noticed today, that the spider messages on node 1 (VHF/96 MHz) and node 3 (VHF/ 96MHz) are now gone.

eta: The Wichita message Azimuth was 129.5. The current battery message on VHF/214 MHz is 130.5 Azimuth. Can we do anything with that info? Is it the same woman in both messages?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:28 pm
Last edited by drizjr on Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
sMooTH WuN
Entrenched

drizjr wrote:
The broadcasts that were lost on 10-10 that MerRabbit mentioned here from node 3 were the Boystown (?) message on VHF/ 267 MHz/ 87.5 Az, and the Wichita message on VHF/ 214 MHz (I'll look up the Az and edit this.)
I just realized that the battery finder message replaced the Wichita one. So, when she says, "... I don't know where I am. You'll have to tell me.", is that where she is? In Wichita?

I noticed today, that the spider messages on node 1 (VHF/96 MHz) and node 3 (VHF/ 96MHz) are now gone.

Yeah, maybe it was replaced by the reply? makes sense

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:30 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Shiningfist
Unfettered

Well, I decided to look through all the nodes for possible new frequencies. When I found that the "Thunder Mountain is Down" message is on ALL of the nodes. And the "battery finder" message...at the beginning she says:

"I made a battery finder"

twice? Hmmmmm...

Also, one...was it node 1? Maybe 3. But anyways, i found that when i put it on VHF, for the first few seconds while I was flipping through the frequencies...the default static sound is very, very, very quiet. It made me scratch my head.

And that is my worth while things to investigate into post of the day!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:09 pm
drizjr
Unfictologist

sMooTH WuN wrote:
<snip>
Ive been away for a bit and it seems like new frequencies are popping up.. can I ask how you guys are monitoring them? are you coming across them by chance or do you have some sort of strategy?

No strategy, really... just a daily scan of the nodes. There's a break in the audio while passing over a broadcast. It sounds like the start of the static loop though, so I go over that spot on the bandwidth a few times to make sure it's not just that.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:11 pm
sMooTH WuN
Entrenched

For those of you with the program "Audacity", Im attaching a file thats actually a piece of the "vampire" message.. let me know what you think.. ive been fiddlin with it for a while and got it actually a lot clearer.. if I get some positive feedback here, I'll try it with the whole message and other messages...

EDIT: Dammit.. gotta download a program that exports .aud to .mp3..

EDIT2: woo! check it out guys.. its a lil clearer..

EDIT3: The file below is strictly from Node 6. I have a clearer version of what is said completely on Node 1 (in mp3 form, regarding the "Vampire" message) if anyone is interested. Apparently its too big a file to attach to a post..eh oh well.. if anyone is interested, either PM me or email me and I'll send u it..
FirstPartVampireMessageTT.mp3
Description 
mp3

Download 
Filename  FirstPartVampireMessageTT.mp3 
Filesize  100.89KB 
Downloaded  713 Time(s) 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:24 pm
Rogi Ocnorb
I Have 100 Cats and Smell of Wee

I was in the middle of creating a .KML file for this and there were several changes that occurred while I was working with the four receivers. 96MHz is gone altogether. Here's what I see currently:
Quote:
Low Frequency

165 kHz
Node 3 - Azimuth 148

174kHz
Node 6 - Azimuth 77

High Frequency

8 MHz
Node 1 - Azimuth 195
Node 2 - Azimuth 185
Node 3 - Azimuth 236

27 MHz
Node 1 - Azimuth 150
Node 2 - Azimuth 110
Node 3 - Azimuth 347.5
Node 6 - Azimuth 198

Very High Frequency

49 Mhz
Node 1 - Azimuth 31.5
Node 6 - Azimuth 74.5

148 Mhz
Node 1 - Azimuth 31.5
Node 6 - Azimuth 74.5

214 MHz
Node 3 - Azimuth 130.5

Ultra High Frequency

2.46GHz
Node 6 - Azimuth 0

Not sure if it's part of the TT world and force mobility or if they're cleaning up their vectors as they weren't just right. I think when I get this done, I'll see that there are more of them pointing at each other than we've seen, so far.

EDIT: Attaching the .KML.
Had to use Google Maps because Earth won't run on this laptop/connection.

If somebody'd like to verify the angles in Earth, that'd be great as Maps doesn't support that. I used xnbomb's triangulation pinpoints where possible. I never looked at the receiver locations before. Some of them are in really weird spots, geographically.

It didn't save correctly. I'll ytry again, tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:48 am
Last edited by Rogi Ocnorb on Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:24 am; edited 3 times in total
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
xnbomb
Unfettered

There are no straight lines

Rogi Ocnorb wrote:
I was in the middle of creating a .KML file for this and there were several changes that occurred while I was working with the four receivers. 96MHz is gone altogether.

Heh, great timing ... last night I was just starting to think about the effect of projection choice on how things turn out. Of course, if you use an accurate globe model, you don't have to worry about that so much. An interesting thing is that once you start doing that (using an accurate globe model, or by using an appropriate projection to generate these 'signal lines' {which of course are curves when depicted on a map}, like azimuthal projections centered on each node so everything else is depicted with true direction with respect to that node) things look pretty different. For example, the relatively tight crossing of the 27 MHz signals is not really that tight. So, I'd take any of those quick bi- and tri-angulations and the resulting coordinate pairs with a whole handful of salt ... they were somewhat approximate.

The only useful thing I came up with last night is that Wichita, KS is at a bearing of about 129.5 or 130.5 from Node 3 as per our friend on 214 MHz that won't say her name and found a battery (it is 128.38 to the city center, but I gather Wichita does sprawl a little, like most places do).

{J302B S8JDC, 8996N M8L4W, 92D40 Q1JX5, 4PPRN R2B97, 8DC7C NZJNV, 8CH7V Q891H}

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:42 am
Rogi Ocnorb
I Have 100 Cats and Smell of Wee

I'm getting an error code "101" trying to save that Google map, but it does look a lot like what you just posted.

I know the Google geography tools can be quite far off as far as geospatial coordinates go. I was trying to give folks something they could kick the tires on and see what's close on a satellite map.

Like I said, there are some interesting features located at the receivers. Caves, possibly?

Maybe I'll try it again in Google Earth, later.

Edit: xnbomb: Is your Node 3 in the right place? I'm a little over 50 miles to the west and my 27 MHz signal, there, lines up just a little west of Node 2.

Edit2: Here's that Google Earth .KMZ file. It only has the currently active signals.

Edit3:
There's a new signal on Node 6 UHF at 2.46GHz on Azimuth 0.
No voice. Sounds kind of like the unintentional hetrerodyning that used to sometimes occur in the AM broadcast radio spectrum.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:38 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
drizjr
Unfictologist

Rogi Ocnorb wrote:
<snip>There's a new signal on Node 6 UHF at 2.46GHz on Azimuth 0.
No voice. Sounds kind of like the unintentional hetrerodyning that used to sometimes occur in the AM broadcast radio spectrum.

That same strange sound can be heard on Node 3, UHF at 1.35 GHz, 180.0 Azimuth.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:48 pm
Page 8 of 16 [228 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, ..., 14, 15, 16  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » ARG: Tom Tooman
Jump to: