Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 
 
Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
What is an ARG?
Read imbri's Quickstart Guide
 
The time now is Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:13 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » ARG: Tom Tooman
[Website] Black Hills Radio Control
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 7 of 16 [228 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, ..., 14, 15, 16  Next
Author Message
Shiningfist
Unfettered

Joined: 20 Jun 2007
Posts: 316

Well, this new Thunder Mountain message might prove my "Thunder Mountain is Down!" theory, presented before the popular "Dr. Malcolm is down!" theory. But after listening to the Thunder Mountain 2 message this is what I think it says:


"This is Thunder Mountain, this Thunder Mountain. Hey, Black Hills 1 do you copy? Black Hills 1 do you copy? This is Thunder Mountain. Black Hills 1 do you copy? Listen, we have fog entering inbound, fog inbound! (long static) ...fog inbound."


But when he tries to contact Black Hills 1 the third time. It sounds like "Dark Force 1". I dunno. But In the order of the Thunder Mountain Messages, I think it is like this:

"This Thunder Mountain..."

Then hours later the second message from possibly Black Hills 1.

"Thunder Mountain is Down!"

But here's my theory. A little storyline development from what we've gathered:




Thunder Mountain, a plane, crashes into a town after experiencing heavy fog and crashing because they got way to low to the ground. They happen to crash into Boystown/Burnstown. The survivors get out of the plane and enter the town. But at this point the children have begun some sort of revolt. The survivors are slaughtered by the children. But one survivor gets out. This survivor is the nameless women who is in Wichita. She will not use her name because the children are hunting her and she won't risk it. But with her message she attempts to contact our very own Tom Tooman. Tom Tooman, in a last ditch effort to save this nameless women, decides to mail us with cryptic messages so he won't get caught by the children. Now it is up to us to solve his puzzles and save the country from a psychotic legion of "Children of The Corn" like kids. The "sun god" may be one of the children's religious leader. And he is possibly in the area where Mr. Tooman lives. Hence "The sun god is here.". As for the smoking cities on the map, perhaps cities that the children have burned down/take over. And the green flashes of the certain states, possibly places that the children wil soon hit if we don't act quickly.


So there's my storyline theory. Fitting pretty much everything we've found together. Comments and rival theories are welcome! Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:28 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
kolixela
Unfettered

Joined: 23 Aug 2007
Posts: 335
Location: Gilbert, AZ

Thundermountain is currently assumed to be a military base (like cheyanne mountain is in the SG1 show)

ok scratch that....

http://www.thundermountainmonument.com/

thunder mountain is a place. A place related to the Native Americans.

I'd say it's possible there's some sort of a military installation on or near thunder mountain and that's the sites call sign.

Shiningfist wrote:
Well, this new Thunder Mountain message might prove my "Thunder Mountain is Down!" theory, presented before the popular "Dr. Malcolm is down!" theory. But after listening to the Thunder Mountain 2 message this is what I think it says:


"This is Thunder Mountain, this Thunder Mountain. Hey, Black Hills 1 do you copy? Black Hills 1 do you copy? This is Thunder Mountain. Black Hills 1 do you copy? Listen, we have fog entering inbound, fog inbound! (long static) ...fog inbound."


But when he tries to contact Black Hills 1 the third time. It sounds like "Dark Force 1". I dunno. But In the order of the Thunder Mountain Messages, I think it is like this:

"This Thunder Mountain..."

Then hours later the second message from possibly Black Hills 1.

"Thunder Mountain is Down!"

But here's my theory. A little storyline development from what we've gathered:




Thunder Mountain, a plane, crashes into a town after experiencing heavy fog and crashing because they got way to low to the ground. They happen to crash into Boystown/Burnstown. The survivors get out of the plane and enter the town. But at this point the children have begun some sort of revolt. The survivors are slaughtered by the children. But one survivor gets out. This survivor is the nameless women who is in Wichita. She will not use her name because the children are hunting her and she won't risk it. But with her message she attempts to contact our very own Tom Tooman. Tom Tooman, in a last ditch effort to save this nameless women, decides to mail us with cryptic messages so he won't get caught by the children. Now it is up to us to solve his puzzles and save the country from a psychotic legion of "Children of The Corn" like kids. The "sun god" may be one of the children's religious leader. And he is possibly in the area where Mr. Tooman lives. Hence "The sun god is here.". As for the smoking cities on the map, perhaps cities that the children have burned down/take over. And the green flashes of the certain states, possibly places that the children wil soon hit if we don't act quickly.


So there's my storyline theory. Fitting pretty much everything we've found together. Comments and rival theories are welcome! Very Happy


PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:40 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
DeadbyDawn
Unfettered


Joined: 16 Jul 2007
Posts: 678
Location: S Mart

OK. Thunder Mountain probably isn't referring to the monument since the triangulation shows the transmissions coming from ND. (Unless it's skipping off a repeater, in which case none of the triangulation matters.) The Thunder Mountain we're looking for is going to originate in North Dakota.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:49 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
kolixela
Unfettered

Joined: 23 Aug 2007
Posts: 335
Location: Gilbert, AZ

ok

Thunder Mountain Counseling of Belcourt ND

Thunder Mountain Speedway

THUNDER MOUNTAIN ELEMENTARY?

there's 3 possibilities in ND, wonder if any come close to the triangulations.

guessing the speedway most likely.

on my way home from work or id look closer.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:59 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
DeadbyDawn
Unfettered


Joined: 16 Jul 2007
Posts: 678
Location: S Mart

OK. Well, you run with that Speedway thought. Let us know where it takes you!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:22 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
kolixela
Unfettered

Joined: 23 Aug 2007
Posts: 335
Location: Gilbert, AZ

Oddly enough.. 103rd St NE & Town Line Road, Bottineau, ND (the speedway)

shows up on http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=103rd+St+NE+%26+Town+Line+Road%2C+Bottineau%2C+ND&getmap=get+map

if you pop it out to about 2/3 the zoom out you get close to the pic on
http://forums.unfiction.com/forums/viewtopic.php?mode=attach&id=10059

AND. if you look at where the grey lines cross there

and where the speedway is located on the google map

It's not exact mind you but the 2 DO seem close to the same location.
at least to me.

DeadbyDawn wrote:
OK. Well, you run with that Speedway thought. Let us know where it takes you!


PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:24 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
kolixela
Unfettered

Joined: 23 Aug 2007
Posts: 335
Location: Gilbert, AZ

Re: Triangles, lines, dots

This should be added to the reference post and the despoiler! Smile

xnbomb wrote:
Here's a quick roundup of the signals we have found so far, and a map showing where they cross:

27 MHz - W 103.32 N 44.16 - Mapped in red

Node 1 - Azimuth 150
Node 2 - Azimuth 110
Node 3 - Azimuth 347.5
Node 6 - Azimuth 198 (this one does not triangulate well with the others)

8 MHz - W 104.87 N 39.71 - Mapped in green

Node 1 - Azimuth 195
Node 2 - Azimuth 185
Node 3 - Azimuth 236 (this one misses the meeting of the other two by a fair distance)

214 MHz - Mapped in black

Node 3 - Azimuth 129.5

267 MHz - Mapped in cyan

Node 3 - Azimuth 87.5

96 MHz - W 101.59 N 40.54 - Mapped in magenta

Node 1 - Azimuth 154
Node 3 - Azimuth 119.5

49 & 148 Mhz - W 101.07 N 48.68 - Mapped in gray

Node 1 - Azimuth 31.5
Node 6 - Azimuth 74.5


PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:29 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
ncfriend
Unfettered


Joined: 04 Apr 2007
Posts: 694
Location: Your imagination

nothing new???

sigh...
_________________
Help me win a contest: Click here
www.wiseoz.com/referredbyNCFRIEND (only one time)
WiseOz is a cool site for riddles, puzzles and games.


PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:26 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
MerRabbit
Veteran


Joined: 11 Jul 2007
Posts: 126

New freq
New freq

So I 've noticed some things this morning. Unless i am mistaken
Spoiler (Rollover to View):
Node 3
has lost some of its broadcasted freq but picked up a new one.

The new one exists at
Spoiler (Rollover to View):
LF 165Khz az 148
.

I'll let you decide what it says.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:52 am
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
booba
Unfictologist


Joined: 09 Mar 2007
Posts: 1432

Its on node 6 LF 174 az 77 also. Plenty weird.

What sounded like "fog inbounds" sure sounds like "bomb inbounds" today. (But I also hear something like "Deltoids One, do you copy" so my ears may be a little suspect)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:24 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Shiningfist
Unfettered

Joined: 20 Jun 2007
Posts: 316

To me it sounds like a guy ranting about some guy to his son:

Spoiler (Rollover to View):
I want to tell you something son. Do you see that man, walking in the town? You drop your weapon. You run to that man. And you embrace that man. And that man...kills you. And it'll teach you that you're afraid. And that's what happens to you. So can you.

...It's out there...it's coming.



It is weiiiiieeeerd!!!! But around when he says: "tell you something son" and "walking in the town" it sounds like gas is rising or something. Listen closely. But I can tell you that this is beginning to get pretty good! But this message seems to link with the


"we killed the adults"

message. Mainly because this child apparently has a weapon. Confused

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:49 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
kolixela
Unfettered

Joined: 23 Aug 2007
Posts: 335
Location: Gilbert, AZ

Hmm.. sounds like a movie quote to me, can't place it and can't find it via google. I'll have to pull up the node when I get home and listen to it.

Shiningfist wrote:
To me it sounds like a guy ranting about some guy to his son:

Spoiler (Rollover to View):
I want to tell you something son. Do you see that man, walking in the town? You drop your weapon. You run to that man. And you embrace that man. And that man...kills you. And it'll teach you that you're afraid. And that's what happens to you. So can you.

...It's out there...it's coming.



It is weiiiiieeeerd!!!! But around when he says: "tell you something son" and "walking in the town" it sounds like gas is rising or something. Listen closely. But I can tell you that this is beginning to get pretty good! But this message seems to link with the


"we killed the adults"

message. Mainly because this child apparently has a weapon. Confused


PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:12 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
drizjr
Unfictologist


Joined: 28 Nov 2003
Posts: 1700

What I'm hearing is a little different:
Spoiler (Rollover to View):
I'm gonna tell you something, son. You see that man.. walking into town. You drove your weapon... you run to that man... and you embrace that man. If that man kills you, then he'll take you to your grave. And if that's what happens to you, so be it. It's out there. It's coming.

Which is likely to change the longer I listen to it. Smile

The phrase "drove a weapon" appears in Homer's Iliad.
If it is "drove", the imagery is very different.

Are these audios intentionally playing with our audio perception?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:24 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
kolixela
Unfettered

Joined: 23 Aug 2007
Posts: 335
Location: Gilbert, AZ

new message in node 3; VHF freq 214 AZ 130.5


"I made a battery finder, while i was making it i wondered if you made one too, then I realized that you already know where they are *laughs*. I found a battery with a radio attached to it. And believe it or not I don't know where I am. You will have to tell me."


I think we have a new direction to go now

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:48 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Shiningfist
Unfettered

Joined: 20 Jun 2007
Posts: 316

Well...that is very odd. But...


A battery finder? How would one construct that? And for what reason? Which brings me to the second point...


"You already knew were all the batteries are."


What is that supposed to mean? I mean, if we're talking of a collection of batteries here, then what would it be for? And a battery with a radio attached to it? Has anyone traced where this frequency is coming from, because this one is one of the strangest.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:32 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Display posts from previous:   Sort by:   
Page 7 of 16 [228 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, ..., 14, 15, 16  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » ARG: Tom Tooman
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum



Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group