Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Your continued support keeps uF running!

The time now is Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:19 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » ARG: Tom Tooman
[TRAILHEAD] Tom Tooman
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 26 of 56 [826 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, ..., 54, 55, 56  Next
Will 2.0
Unfictologist

As to the password.

Red Cloud was the leader of the Sioux tribe when they fought against the U.S. Military. He fought for land in Montana. The letter was postmarked in Montana.

This has to do with..indians...

Anyway Red Cloud links with Lame Deer as well

Quote:
That winter, Colonel Nelson Miles tenaciously tracked down Crazy Horse's village near the Tongue River in Montana Territory, and on January 8, 1877, with about 3 feet of snow on the ground, the two sides clashed in what would become known as the Battle of Wolf Mountain. Blizzard conditions cut the fighting short, and casualties were light, but Crazy Horse had suffered a mighty blow. His people could run, but they could not hide. The war ended in 1877, not because Sitting Bull and Crazy Horse were defeated in battle but because the hungry Lakotas were unable to hunt or gather food. In early May, Crazy Horse rode into the Red Cloud Agency to surrender, about the same time that Miles struck Minneconjou Sioux Lame Deer's band on Muddy Creek, a small tributary of Rosebud Creek, in Montana Territory. Lame Deer was among the casualties in that May 7, 1877, clash, and the Battle of Lame Deer (or Muddy Creek) was the last significant engagement of the Great Sioux War.

Too much to be a coincidence

Currently Playing: ??
Have Played: Way tooooo many

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:37 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Chronus_Valtiel
Entrenched

Location: Some house I found. The people in it are really annoying.

Red Cloud Agency....
I really don't like the sound of that....

Now Playing: Silverladder. BoL/SiD. Sky Remains.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:38 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ecks51
Unfettered

nobuofanxiii wrote:
As to the password.

Red Cloud was the leader of the Sioux tribe when they fought against the U.S. Military. He fought for land in Montana. The letter was postmarked in Montana.

Quote:
That winter, Colonel Nelson Miles tenaciously tracked down Crazy Horse's village near the Tongue River in Montana Territory, and on January 8, 1877, with about 3 feet of snow on the ground, the two sides clashed in what would become known as the Battle of Wolf Mountain. Blizzard conditions cut the fighting short, and casualties were light, but Crazy Horse had suffered a mighty blow. His people could run, but they could not hide. The war ended in 1877, not because Sitting Bull and Crazy Horse were defeated in battle but because the hungry Lakotas were unable to hunt or gather food. In early May, Crazy Horse rode into the Red Cloud Agency to surrender, about the same time that Miles struck Minneconjou Sioux Lame Deer's band on Muddy Creek, a small tributary of Rosebud Creek, in Montana Territory. Lame Deer was among the casualties in that May 7, 1877, clash, and the Battle of Lame Deer (or Muddy Creek) was the last significant engagement of the Great Sioux War.

That's what I was thinking when I was searching around.

Also, I think Nebraska and Iowa are the centered states. A map for reference

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:40 pm
phyzix
Decorated

nobuofanxiii wrote:
As to the password.

Quote:

I believe it was post-marked in Nebraska.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:41 pm
degravedi
Unfictologist

Ah, I would bet anything that the glyphs change tomorrow Because today August 6th, 2007 is 4 Yaxk'in 3 Kib' on the Mayan calendar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:42 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
 ICQ Number 
phyzix
Decorated

Good catch!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:43 pm
Chronus_Valtiel
Entrenched

Yeah, I thought of Iowa and Nebraska, too.
And I think you're probably right, degravedi.

I did a whois on the site. Domains by proxy. No answers there or in the source page....
I guess we wait till tomorrow....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:43 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Will 2.0
Unfictologist

Also, the "Sun God" may not be mayan. He might be Shakura the Pawnee sun god or...even better..well...read for yourself..

Quote:
The Lakota recount in their version of demiurge that the gods lived in the heavens and humans lived in an underworld without culture. Creation was initiated by Inktomi ("spider"), the trickster, who conspired to cause a rift in the heavens between the The Sun God Takushkanshkan ("something that moves") and his wife, the Moon. Their separation marked the creation of time. Some of Inktomi's co-conspirators were exiled to the Earth where the gods of the four winds were scattered and created space.

To populate the Earth, Inktomi traveled to the underworld in the form of a wolf and met with humanity, telling them about a paradisical world aboveground. Inktomi convinced a man named Tokahe ("the first") to travel to the surface for a brief visit. When Tokahe emerged through a cave (Wind Cave in the Black Hills), he found the world to be strikingly beautiful. Returning to the underworld, Tokahe persuaded other families to accompany him to the surface, but upon arrival they discovered that the Earth was full of hardship. Inktomi had by this time prevented humanity from returning below ground, so the families had no choice but to scatter and eke out their livelihoods.

If anyone remembers or knows the Lakota fought with the Sioux (they joined) so there is a connection there

Currently Playing: ??
Have Played: Way tooooo many

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:44 pm
DeadbyDawn
Unfettered

Ok. I've been doing alot of research on Lame Deer since this thing started and it looks like Red Cloud and Lame Deer were both Lakota. And the Lakota have a sun god named "Wi".

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:44 pm
Last edited by DeadbyDawn on Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
phyzix
Decorated

But are the Sioux related to the mayans in anyway? If not then why the use of mayan numbers and calenders?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:47 pm
Chronus_Valtiel
Entrenched

I have a funny feeling that red cloud's not the only password....
Just a thought.

And the Mayans were ancient Native Americans, too....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:47 pm
Last edited by Chronus_Valtiel on Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
phyzix
Decorated

DeadbyDawn wrote:
Ok. I've been doing alot of research on Lame Deer since this thing started and it looks like Red Cloud and Lame Deer were both Lakota. And the Lakota have a sun god named "Wi".

Wi? Maybe this is a promo for a wii game?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:48 pm
Chronus_Valtiel
Entrenched

XD THAT would be hilarious!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:48 pm
degravedi
Unfictologist

Well, I stand corrected. I decompiled the swf and I believe what we've seen is all that's there. There aren't any other glyphs to substitute in the date spot. So maybe today was the official starting date?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:51 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
 ICQ Number 
Shiningfist
Unfettered

Soo.....we went from Mayans(A native Mexican tribe) to this Red Cloud guy(a Native American)? This is changing in soooooo many ways.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:52 pm
Page 26 of 56 [826 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, ..., 54, 55, 56  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » ARG: Tom Tooman
Jump to: