Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
The Project MU Archives
Now available in stunning full-color print edition.

The time now is Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:07 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: Cloverfield (1-18-08) » Cloverfield: General / Updates
[NEW] Movie poster *spoiler maybe?*
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 2 of 9 [132 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, ..., 7, 8, 9 Next
benthic
Boot

In any case, if you do happen across one a second time around, please gobble it up. I'm sure there are several of us here who would be very interested in getting their hands on it, assuming it's not a shoddily made fake done by somebody with a big home printer.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:16 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Onikage
Boot

No problem. There were two things I was worried about though too about even trying to sell it lol.

1) It's some crappy fake someone made up to capitalize on profits.

2) Someone sees me selling it and I get in trouble since it wasn't supposed to be public yet haha. e.g. They were stolen from wherever.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:17 pm
Brainhurts

Calismic wrote:
This information was also posted under the Talk Back section on AICN early this morning. The party rambling the title however had no pictures to back it up. Personally I like 1-18-08 better than "Monstrous" =P

I don't hink Montrous is the title ( at least I hope not). But I agree that the poster would have more impact with just the picture of the decapitated SOL and the date.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:17 pm
benthic
Boot

Onikage wrote:
2) Someone sees me selling it and I get in trouble since it wasn't supposed to be public yet haha. e.g. They were stolen from wherever.

Best keep it for yourself then... Or just get photos. I'm sure that if it is a real poster (or a mock-up of a future poster), that they'll be available for all of us eventually.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:19 pm
Almijisti
Decorated

Actually, I'm assuming it's unauthorized--they haven't released any advance posters. If it's going to be the real poster, it would have the Paramount logo; if the title is real, then it would be registered as a TM. So, if it does have the logo, then it's either counterfeit or genuine (i.e, not a complete fake, pers se).

You can get advance posters of Star Trek XI already, so it's certainly possible that they have these ready to release at ComicCon and someone just got ahold of one early.

I did check eBay and while there are listings with Cloverfield and 1-18-08 in item desriptions, just to draw attention, there's no one putting these posters up. If someone pirated one, they pirated many (too much trouble to make just one for $20). I'm inclined to call BS on this. If there are real or counterfeit posters out there, there'd be dozens on eBay already.

/edit: by that I'm not saying you faked the photos, but that someone just got creative and came up with their own poster. For what it's worth, it is a good job, though I agree that having the title Monstrous takes away from the impact of the image.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:33 pm
Last edited by Almijisti on Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Onikage
Boot

Call BS on what? My photos or the posters being real?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:36 pm
Almijisti
Decorated

The poster. It's harder to fake a crappy photo than a clean one.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:38 pm
Onikage
Boot

Oh ok. Yea the posters may be fake. I just thought I'd give something to the community to chew on for awhile. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:39 pm
Brainhurts

If the poster is a fake, JJ and the powers that be should find the guy who did it and hire him to make the official poster. Just take off the "Monsterous" part and it would make a sweet promo poster.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:58 pm
Almijisti
Decorated

You know, lots of movies change titles along the way. The most famous example is th advance posters for the original King Kong that just said Kong (if you find one of these in grandma's attic, take it--it's worth close several $100Ks). So it's possible that even if it is real, the name of the movie won't be Monstrous.

If it is a real poster, you can bet that it will be gone Wednesday, unless they release it at ComicCon (when does that start, btw?). Those guys are monitoring our progress and will be mightily pissed off once they find out someone leaked the real thing.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:01 pm
CBergman
Greenhorn

It hurts not living in San Diego anymore. Burns. Someone needs to get to that store!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:04 pm
fishy
Boot

ComicCon is Thursday, July 26th.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:05 pm
Nighthawk
I Have 100 Cats and Smell of Wee

Quote:
If it is a real poster, you can bet that it will be gone Wednesday, unless they release it at ComicCon (when does that start, btw?).

Abrams is scheduled for Thursday, I believe.

Yes, the word "Monstrous" might not be the movie's title. I've seen this sort of thing done before, creating multiple posters with multiple taglines. The Transformers movie had different posters that said either "Protect" or "Destroy" depending on the robot pictured, and Charlotte's Web had over a dozen different posters with different statements across the top.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:07 pm
MrToasty
I Have 100 Cats and Smell of Wee

Almijisti wrote:
You know, lots of movies change titles along the way. The most famous example is th advance posters for the original King Kong that just said Kong (if you find one of these in grandma's attic, take it--it's worth close several $100Ks). So it's possible that even if it is real, the name of the movie won't be Monstrous.

Another example: Return of the Jedi was originally Revenge of the Jedi.

This could also simply be a tagline in a series of teaser posters.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:10 pm
CBergman
Greenhorn

Good point Nighthawk. Also, nice blog Very Happy I haven't looked at an ARG since A.I. and it's good to know that they're not all as crazy as this beast.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:11 pm
Page 2 of 9 [132 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, ..., 7, 8, 9 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: Cloverfield (1-18-08) » Cloverfield: General / Updates
Jump to: