Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Your continued support keeps uF running!

The time now is Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:23 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » Low-Volume Games
[HAAS][PUZZLE] the Divinus resort
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 3 [38 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
theonetruebix
Unfettered

[HAAS][PUZZLE] the Divinus resort

In it's press release this past week, Triton Enterprises managed to reveal to us that the mysterious "Divinus" (the word which appears on EHWR after all the puzzles are completed) is some sort of "proposed resort".

That, of course sent us all scrambling to try and see if we could find a website.

As indicated elsewhere in the thread about the remaining Haas journal pages, I've found some sites in theory before we were meant to do so, and I've not done into detail how.

However:

The URL for the eventual Divinus resort site is, ultimately, deducible. Most of us were, when the notion of it being a resort first surfaced, kept trying things like divinusresort.com or resortdivinus.com, to no avail.

They're going to spring this site at some point, obviously. And I wanted to start a thread now because, setting aside how I found its URL, it is possible to find it through deduction, and so I think it's valid if people find it in advance of it being given to us overtly.

So, what we did originally is a good way to think about (trying various domain ideas), but add this: Think about what resorts are for.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:04 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Nighthawk
I Have 100 Cats and Smell of Wee

Got it.

Damn you... That's like the only one word I didn't try. "Bright orange jumpsuit" indeed... Smile

I'm guessing this'll go live on August 1st; the main EHWR site gave the name to us, and for them 8/1's a big day. I'll keep an eye on it nonetheless.

And, thanks to our nosying around, they're putting all their domains through the Domain Privacy Group now.

They're afraid of us. Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:09 pm
Twee
Decorated

Well, if they didn't want us finding their sites, they shouldn't put them up before launch. Easy as that.

They are most likely aware that ARGers will snoop around everywhere and google,urlchange and sourcecheck their little asses off.. So why put stuff up AND hint to it if we are not to find it? Nope, I don't buy that.

That said, I still can't find the site. Razz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:09 pm
Almijisti
Decorated

Pretty sure I found it. Tried one wild guess based on the clues and, Bingo!, there it was, just where you'd think it would be.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:31 pm
LazyRegistered
Boot

Thanks to the hints here, I found the site. Thanks all. Now the real question is will it go live after comic con or gencon(sp?) or on 8-1?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:13 pm
theonetruebix
Unfettered

LazyRegistered wrote:
Thanks to the hints here, I found the site. Thanks all. Now the real question is will it go live after comic con or gencon(sp?) or on 8-1?

Honestly at this point, these people are crazy if they don't show up at Comic-Con, even just as ticket-holders, and do something.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:56 pm
Nighthawk

LazyRegistered wrote:

In light of the auto-responder, I think it'll be live any second now.

I also, and call it a hunch, think that we might end up making significant progress before GenCon (which is like four weeks away). I think right now they're just pacing themselves, or we're going faster than they anticipated, and they're going to hit us with a boatload of stuff on 8/1.

I hope it's not another pain in the ass Flash game like EHWR. God, that thing was annoying.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:05 pm
theonetruebix
Unfettered

Nighthawk wrote:
I think right now they're just pacing themselves, or we're going faster than they anticipated, and they're going to hit us with a boatload of stuff on 8/1.

I hope it's not another pain in the ass Flash game like EHWR. God, that thing was annoying.

I'm still not convinced we're going to see on August 1 anything other than a coupon good for 10% off of Alpha Omega pre-orders. Heh.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:06 pm
waitress#2
Entrenched

Auto responder
which one?

Nighthawk wrote:
LazyRegistered wrote:

In light of the auto-responder, I think it'll be live any second now.

I also, and call it a hunch, think that we might end up making significant progress before GenCon (which is like four weeks away). I think right now they're just pacing themselves, or we're going faster than they anticipated, and they're going to hit us with a boatload of stuff on 8/1.

I emailed jeremy673SPLATgmail.com twice and haven't gotten a response. Which email are you talking about? Confused

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:29 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
theonetruebix
Unfettered

This one:

Quote:
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 21:29:26 -0700
To: theonetruebix
Subject: Divinus Re: Divinus *********

Book your holiday now!

(The asterisks blot out the relevant word from the Divinus URL that some people have managed to find now.)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:35 pm
LordIllidan
Unfettered

theonetruebix wrote:
This one:

Quote:
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 21:29:26 -0700
To: theonetruebix
Subject: Divinus Re: Divinus *********

Book your holiday now!

(The asterisks blot out the relevant word from the Divinus URL that some people have managed to find now.)

That kinda deserves a spoiler tag, no? Despite the fact you blocked out that last word, it becomes obvious after reading your hint in the first post, and then the body of that email

Spoiler (Rollover to View):
Well... kinda XD I'm still trying to figure it out. I have thesaurus.com open, and am trying all the synonyms for "Hotel" I can find XD

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:16 pm
waitress#2
Entrenched

I finally figured this one out, Very Happy now if I had some kind of clue the logic behind the Cass. star URLs. They look like addresses but when I try to match them up it doesn't work at all. Confused

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:28 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lurker Underground
Boot

Nighthawk wrote:
And, thanks to our nosying around, they're putting all their domains through the Domain Privacy Group now.

They're afraid of us. Twisted Evil

I don't know about that. NetFirms (their hosting provider) makes domain privacy pretty easy to set up.
http://support.netfirms.com/article.php?id=728
-LU

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:45 pm
theonetruebix
Unfettered

Lurker Underground wrote:
Nighthawk wrote:

They're afraid of us. :twisted:

I don't know about that. NetFirms (their hosting provider) makes domain privacy pretty easy to set up.
http://support.netfirms.com/article.php?id=728
-LU

I think the point was that originally we could see who had registered the domains for Haas' journal pages. Then they went private.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:47 pm
Nighthawk

The WHOIS information on their sites was readily visible until we sort of started to use it against them, then all of it - even existing sites - went private.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:48 pm
Page 1 of 3 [38 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » Low-Volume Games
Jump to: