Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Having Trouble with the Boards?
Ask in the General Forum
or email unforum /at/ unfiction.com

The time now is Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:43 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » ARG: Ny Takma
[Puzzle] Is this our mystery Yshklanti?
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]  
Sylvia
I Have No Life

[Puzzle] Is this our mystery Yshklanti?
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=TheSomnambulist42

After Kendra's blog update, I searched YouTube for gobbledygook and found this. Could this be our mystery "friend" aka "YshkLanti?" And the voice is definitely female.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=TheSomnambulist42

tags are: sleepwalking notes gobbledygook

Description:
Quote:
Added November 11, 2006
From TheSomnambulist42

I thought someone was sneaking into my room at nights, but it seems I have a bad case of sleepwalking. I even write while I'm asleep, but the notes look like a bunch of Gobbledygook to me.

And what the hell is that voice? I think something happened with the camera. Has anyone else had something like this happen? Am I just sleepwalking? Should I be looking for a shrink?

Transcript of the video: "My Sleepwalking by: TheSomnambulist42"
Quote:
I just can't take it anymore. I'm not sleeping well. So now I'm going to find out who's been sneaking into my room, who's been leaving all those wierd notes. Doing lord knows what with my computer. Now, I'm going to catch him. bastard.

---female voice, sounds like Lanti, but I can't hear it well enough to transcribe it---

He takes notes, then starts entering something into his computer. Then goes back to bed.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:27 am
Last edited by Sylvia on Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:50 am; edited 2 times in total
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
ancalime
Unfettered

As I told Sylvia in chat last night, I'm torn as to whether the female voice is Sarah or Kendra (since I definitely think he's our Yshk -- or a gamejacker in which case I'll be really mad). We know Kendra's just recovered from an "episode," but IIRC we still don't know if Sarah's really dead or if she just vanished.

Even if she's dead she could be speaking to Yshk, I suppose... Twisted Evil

>> @ancalime | tumblr: galacticdrift <<

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:30 pm
 ICQ Number 
molecularr
Unfettered

ancalime wrote:
Even if she's dead she could be speaking to Yshk, I suppose... Twisted Evil

I believe that John clarified that her method of suicide was unambiguous as to her survival. That is, it was a self-inflicted shot gun wound which, though as Sylvia (I think) pointed out is an unusual method for a woman, is pretty clear as to its success. So anything we're hearing or might think we're hearing from Sarah would have to be beyond the grave. I think earlier we speculated that Sarah might have been "taken by the sea" or something, in which case she might be freeable.

Assuming again that this Somnambulist is our guy, I did notice he has what sounds like a Russian accent, and the voice that we here while he's writing (automatically apparently) sounds like a computer-generated synth type voice to me. So maybe it's a ghost in the machine?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:55 pm
 ICQ Number 
GoodChild
Unfettered

i think the video was too obscure to be a game jacker. I vote for IG video. I mean if this were a video from a game jacker, i would think there would be more of an effort to force the video on us. But Sylvia found the video thru searching of a rather brilliant key word.

i also agree with molecularr; i'd hesitate to conclude that somnamulist is Yshk Lanti, but he's definitely channeling(?) her.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:06 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ancalime
Unfettered

molecularr wrote:

I believe that John clarified that her method of suicide was unambiguous as to her survival. That is, it was a self-inflicted shot gun wound which, though as Sylvia (I think) pointed out is an unusual method for a woman, is pretty clear as to its success. So anything we're hearing or might think we're hearing from Sarah would have to be beyond the grave. I think earlier we speculated that Sarah might have been "taken by the sea" or something, in which case she might be freeable.

Okay, I must've missed that. I've been a bit out of it the past couple of weeks.

Quote:
Assuming again that this Somnambulist is our guy, I did notice he has what sounds like a Russian accent, and the voice that we here while he's writing (automatically apparently) sounds like a computer-generated synth type voice to me. So maybe it's a ghost in the machine?

Could be, could be. I'm leaning more toward contact from beyond the grave (or through kendra), though, since he talks about things he's "allowed to see." Sounds more like visions than computer interaction.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:24 pm
 ICQ Number 
Sylvia
I Have No Life

possession

IMO, the boy's body is being used by (possessed by) someone (for now I will say Sarah). Notice the voice actually comes from his mouth, watch how his mouth moves as the voice speaks. Notice how he jerks just before getting out of bed.

I'll give you it does sound like one of those computer voices, but let's just say that was all the PMs had at their disposal at the moment.

Also, I wonder what night this was filmed cause there could be another message from our "friend" at http://746865656e64.com that we haven't found yet.

ETA: the someone could be Chaya. Since we don't know who she is yet. [spec = Chaya = Sarah]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:36 pm
fragment
Boot

He survived! I KNEW IT! Very Happy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xdcM5hXPzM

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:14 pm
ancalime
Unfettered

fragment wrote:
He survived! I KNEW IT! Very Happy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xdcM5hXPzM

...wrong forum? This is an AV vid! Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:46 pm
 ICQ Number 
fragment
Boot

Well, I somehow had the feeling that the accent sounds familiar...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:02 pm
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]  
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » ARG: Ny Takma
Jump to: