Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
What is an ARG?
Read imbri's Quickstart Guide

The time now is Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:37 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » ARG: Ny Takma
[NEW SITE] www.bryanaristos.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 2 [16 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
GoodChild
Unfettered

[NEW SITE] www.bryanaristos.com

TADA!!!

http://www.bryanaristos.com

Pulling my hair out over the poem that appears on the Ny Takma page and Kendra’s blog. I believe this was pointed out before, but I only just realized that Kendra’s version of the poem says “love” in the last line, while Yshk Lanti’s version says “Aristos.”

Then I got an email from Yshk saying:

I’ve already given you his last name

Putting that together with what John said about Bryan’s name beginning with either an A or an H led me to think maybe Aristos is the last name.

I'm so excited i haven't even looked at the site yet!

EDIT: Tipsila mentioned to me that the drawing on the bottom left corner of the website is a picture of Atlantis

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:45 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
ancalime
Unfettered

Great work! Very Happy

I see on his site it says "As a linguist I specialize in various theoretical languages such as Atlantean..." No wonder he got it before all of us. Wink

>> @ancalime | tumblr: galacticdrift <<

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:58 pm
 ICQ Number 
molecularr
Unfettered

The places he mentions seem kind of random, but that first one is very close to where I live. Less than a mile down the road, actually. Does anyone else recognize those places?

http://www.bryanaristos.com/places.html

The shop itself is OK I guess, but nothing really to write home about. That is, I don't think it's internationally famous or anything. Haven't been by there lately, though.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:02 pm
 ICQ Number 
redarmyboro
Boot

feck he says he went to "tattershal" castle well that don't exist BUT i live in Tattershall with a Tattershall castle it's about 300 yards from my house freaky

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:11 pm
molecularr
Unfettered

OK, so it seems intentional. So if it is, and the others turn out to also correspond to players, is that just an attempt to connect with the real world, or will those locations actually have some significance? I mean, I could drop by the Collector's Cabinet if I had a reason to.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:18 pm
 ICQ Number 
redarmyboro
Boot

surely its just connecting with the players cos what i can't imagine what tattershall castle has to do with the story, i've worked there nowt about end of the world of atlantis

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:20 pm
molecularr
Unfettered

The story about the Plato clock (http://www.bryanaristos.com/plato.html) is interesting, and mostly true, it seems:
http://www.koonysun.com/horology_world.htm (about 3/4 of the way down).

Obviously, Plato ties in to the Atlantis story (since he first recorded it) and the 746865656e64.com/ site (that's him in the background).

I haven't confirmed the 59-minute hour bit, or the revenge bit, but that may prove important. Revenge does appear on the find him image, so that must be important.

EDIT: Here's a better page with more information.

EDIT AGAIN: Here's the google search result with what looks like the source image. It's no longer on that page, though.

And it does appear that the Eugene Fitch 59-minute hour is true:
http://members.aol.com/donnl/59minutes.html

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:11 pm
 ICQ Number 
jsquared
Boot

in case you didn't know...that drawing in the bottom left of his homepage is Atlantis...

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40222000/jpg/_40222699_atlantis_bbc_203.jpg

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:39 pm
fragment
Boot

I also looked for some evidence of the 59-minute story, and the "donnl" page was also the only thing I could find.

The theory on that page regarding the 59-minute digital clocks is very much nonsense. At the end, it states that Fitch's revenge is a theory to explain that. If that really is the origin of the story, I find it quite strange for an antiquarian to fall for this.

BTW, the donnl page is probably not in-game, as it seems to be quite old (see http://members.aol.com/donnl/) and is referenced by several other pages on Google.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:45 pm
DrBunker
Decorated

At least John will be happy -- has anyone passed on Bryan's email address to him?

I noticed he says:
Quote:
Hello, I am Bryan Aristos, linguist by trade, antiquarian by love of history. As a linguist I specialize in various theoretical languages such as Atlantean and I have even dabled with some fictional languages such as Klingon.

I'm no treckie but the language we've seen doesn't look much like Klingon but I wonder why else he'd mention it.

Also, he mentions Jesse a couple of times on the site -- is this ANOTHER character we need to look out for??

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:00 pm
ancalime
Unfettered

I suspect Jesse : Bryan :: John : Hank. Maybe not so fixated on redheads, though. Very Happy

Maybe jesseSPLAThushmail.com?

>> @ancalime | tumblr: galacticdrift <<

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:37 pm
 ICQ Number 
makomk
Boot

fragment wrote:
I also looked for some evidence of the 59-minute story, and the "donnl" page was also the only thing I could find.

The theory on that page regarding the 59-minute digital clocks is very much nonsense. At the end, it states that Fitch's revenge is a theory to explain that. If that really is the origin of the story, I find it quite strange for an antiquarian to fall for this.

BTW, the donnl page is probably not in-game, as it seems to be quite old (see http://members.aol.com/donnl/) and is referenced by several other pages on Google.

Funnily enough, it appears from the pictures that Plato clocks display 12 o'clock as "12 o'clock", not "12:00" or "11:60". Oh, and yes it is nonsense - in fact, I'm not sure how anyone could believe it. Even if they did, surely they'd realise what was wrong when they got to:

Quote:
A fourth is that the pocket-protector types figured it would just confuse the great unwashed if the numbers 6 : 60 were used to indicate that particular 59 second minute; 7 : 00 flashed on for mere milliseconds, and then jumped immediately to 7 : 01. They therefore decided to show us their version of 'time', with the first minute of the new hour as; 6 : 01, up through 6 : 59, and instead of actually indicating the 60th minute, they would design this digital marvel to indicate 7 : 00 throughout what they would have us believe is the 60th minute of the present hour.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:18 pm
molecularr
Unfettered

ancalime wrote:
I suspect Jesse : Bryan :: John : Hank. Maybe not so fixated on redheads, though. Very Happy

So it seems, but now the question may be which one is in love with Kendra. The position of "Aristos" in yshk's version suggests that he is the one referred to as "love" throughought Kendra's version.

You know, here's a theory: if this Jesse is web savvy and has access to the Lanti language, that makes him a good candidate for being our mysterious Yshk. Let's say Jesse is Bryan's son -- his last name is also probably Aristos. If Jesse's been on the other end of those emails, he seems to have lost his access to translating the language at the same time Bryan went missing. He also seems fairly panicked about Bryan's current whereabouts.

Just a theory, but I think its at least as plausible as any of our other spec so far.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:30 pm
 ICQ Number 
DrBunker
Decorated

molecularr wrote:
Let's say Jesse is Bryan's son

I can't tell if this line helps the theory or if it detracts from it:
Quote:
Jesse had to tend to some family issues

I think it would be odd if Bryan referred to his family in the third party. But then...who knows.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:51 am
fragment
Boot

Just another thought: On http://www.bryanaristos.com/collection.html is says:

Quote:

Here I'll link you to some of the images I have uploaded of various pieces of my collection that I thought you might enjoy as much as I do:

*Coming soon, Jesse had to tend to some family issues and didn't show me how to set up the images yet*

If it really is meant the way it is formulated, this looks very much like an invitation do look for unlinked images... Images that "I have uploaded" but that are "not set up yet".

I tried some obvious images names, but no luck yet.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:52 pm
Page 1 of 2 [16 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » ARG: Ny Takma
Jump to: