Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
The Project MU Archives
Now available in stunning full-color print edition.

The time now is Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:32 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » ARG: Ny Takma
[UPDATE] 746865656e64 site after countdown
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 13 of 14 [208 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
DrBunker
Decorated

hyexistenz wrote:
I wasn't trying to jump on you, i was trying to help you out.

Classic trout confusion.

Now, back to the point in hand...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:45 am
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
JSR
Greenhorn

the utube video

i have been following this for a while. and i have a question.
what does all of this have to do with the original video found on utube with the world exploding? im failling to make the connection. what does atlantis have to do with the world exploding? i dont get it.

one more thing. is it possible this hank, john, and soon to be found kendra are in on it. what are the odds that someone creates a web game linking hank, and hank and john are none too concerned? sounds strange to me. they have a stalker, and they dont seem to care.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:26 pm
Silverio

What do you think about that?

http://eon8alloveragain.ytmnd.com/

If press Properties by mouse in that page, this is the result - 746865656e64 = Eon8?

And ...

http://eon8alloveragain.ytmnd.com/favicon.ico

As the same icon face in reptile eye.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:00 pm
nukedog
Boot

Silverio wrote:
What do you think about that?

http://eon8alloveragain.ytmnd.com/

If press Properties by mouse in that page, this is the result - 746865656e64 = Eon8?

And ...

http://eon8alloveragain.ytmnd.com/favicon.ico

As the same icon face in reptile eye.

that site is a screeen scrape of the 746865656e64.com site prior to Friday the 13th. unfortunately, not in-game.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:13 pm
BBQed Pizza
Greenhorn

Movie

Anyone ever consider the animated disney movie, Atlantis: The lost empire?

I vaguely remember something about the King losing his blood, and his daughter having a huge part to do with the reconstruction of atlantis...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:57 pm
Silverio

Something change in Yshk Gai ... a poem.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:20 am
DrBunker
Decorated

Silverio wrote:
Something change in Yshk Gai ... a poem.

This was picked up on and mentioned by nukedog in his chat with John Valentine. It's the poem from Kendra's deadjournal blog.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:52 am
Silveran

twosides.png solution?

Overlapping functions.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:42 am
molecularr
Unfettered

I've been having another look at http://746865656e64.com/curiosity, and I think I may be onto something. Unfortunately, I'm going to need some help to decode it all the way, if indeed this is something decodable. Stay with me on this ...

First, take a look at /itbegins_12.gif (the picture of a kid with what looks like fire in the background) in a text editor. (If you open an image in firefox in a window by itself, and then go to View -> Source, you get the same information as if you saved it to a desktop and opened it in notepad.)

Now, in the first line of itbegins_12.gif, you'll see the letters "CFP", which ROT-15 to RUE. Could be a coincidence, but look at itbegins_06.gif, the first line contains the letters "EHF" which ROT-13 to RUE. In itbegins_31.gif, you'll find the first line contains the letters HKU which ROT-10 to RUE. _31.gif also contains CFP (ROT-15).

I think there are more, but you get the idea. There are also several rotations for one-letter off of RUE, like QUE or RUF.

I could still write this off as coincidence, but take a look at /images/bg.gif. There you'll see that the first line is massive, and contains several tantalizing strings of characters. The first I noticed is HKUJMWLOY. Take each group of three letters (HKU, JMW, LOY), and run them through ROT-X. You'll see that RUE shows up at ROT 10, 8, and 6 respectively.

Then there's CFQEHSDGRGJUFITHKVJMX. Doesn't look like much, but put it in ROT-X and you'll see some interesting patterns. Basically, if you divide it up into groups of three letters, you'll see that they're all ROT-X's of each other (or the same word, however you look at it). Unfortunately, the only candidates for real words that I see among the rotations are orc, ado, psd (photoshop file extension) and ruf (almost RUE). So I'm not sure what the original word might be or where that gets us.

Through various other rotations, I've found the word SWIM and UFO, but the way I found those wasn't consistent with anything else. Just wanted to mention them in the interest of completeness.

Beyond that, there's the plaintext (i.e. not rotated) AIFIREHQ@CKILUCHTGLXY, which might be something like "AI Fire Headquarters At [something] Galaxy." Whatever.

So I'm convinced there's a message there either in the page as a whole (i.e. by accumulating bits and pieces from several image files) or just in bg.gif. I'm kind of going cross-eyed looking at this, so hopefully someone else can connect the dots -- or maybe someone can convince me it's all just a coincidence of the GIF encoding.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:04 pm
 ICQ Number 
Dorphalsig
Boot

molecularr wrote:
I've been having another look at http://746865656e64.com/curiosity, and I think I may be onto something. Unfortunately, I'm going to need some help to decode it all the way, if indeed this is something decodable. Stay with me on this ...

First, take a look at /itbegins_12.gif (the picture of a kid with what looks like fire in the background) in a text editor. (If you open an image in firefox in a window by itself, and then go to View -> Source, you get the same information as if you saved it to a desktop and opened it in notepad.)

Now, in the first line of itbegins_12.gif, you'll see the letters "CFP", which ROT-15 to RUE. Could be a coincidence, but look at itbegins_06.gif, the first line contains the letters "EHF" which ROT-13 to RUE. In itbegins_31.gif, you'll find the first line contains the letters HKU which ROT-10 to RUE. _31.gif also contains CFP (ROT-15).

I think there are more, but you get the idea. There are also several rotations for one-letter off of RUE, like QUE or RUF.

I could still write this off as coincidence, but take a look at /images/bg.gif. There you'll see that the first line is massive, and contains several tantalizing strings of characters. The first I noticed is HKUJMWLOY. Take each group of three letters (HKU, JMW, LOY), and run them through ROT-X. You'll see that RUE shows up at ROT 10, 8, and 6 respectively.

Then there's CFQEHSDGRGJUFITHKVJMX. Doesn't look like much, but put it in ROT-X and you'll see some interesting patterns. Basically, if you divide it up into groups of three letters, you'll see that they're all ROT-X's of each other (or the same word, however you look at it). Unfortunately, the only candidates for real words that I see among the rotations are orc, ado, psd (photoshop file extension) and ruf (almost RUE). So I'm not sure what the original word might be or where that gets us.

Through various other rotations, I've found the word SWIM and UFO, but the way I found those wasn't consistent with anything else. Just wanted to mention them in the interest of completeness.

Beyond that, there's the plaintext (i.e. not rotated) AIFIREHQ@CKILUCHTGLXY, which might be something like "AI Fire Headquarters At [something] Galaxy." Whatever.

So I'm convinced there's a message there either in the page as a whole (i.e. by accumulating bits and pieces from several image files) or just in bg.gif. I'm kind of going cross-eyed looking at this, so hopefully someone else can connect the dots -- or maybe someone can convince me it's all just a coincidence of the GIF encoding.

I remember that sometimes when watching cable TV you see on some networks something like a GALAXY positioning for the satelite antennae. i searched in google but coudlnt find any reference to this, so it could be my imagination. Go figure Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:02 pm
Zazaban
Decorated

OK, tons of images in the Non-flash version, time to check them all! Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:21 pm
molecularr
Unfettered

Hmm, one of the words I mentioned as a possible key for the big chunk is "ado." We've seen that word before. Remember u.html? It was a list of the words in the thesaurus entry for "confusion." The first listing, abashment, was blacked out (black background), so "ado" appeared to be the first word listed, iirc. I managed to save a copy of nearly every page before they disappeared, but I don't seem to have that one. Can anyone verify that for me?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:37 pm
 ICQ Number 
Caterpillar
Unfictologist

molecularr wrote:
Can anyone verify that for me?

That is correct.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:09 pm
fragment
Boot

I just checked the GIF file format, the characters you mention are contained in the color table block, where the colors in the image are described by 3 byte RGB each. So it might be a clever hidden message, but it might as well be a side effect of the algorithm used to reduce the colors of the original image.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:34 am
molecularr
Unfettered

Admittedly, I don't know much about GIF encoding, but I tried removing the suspicious characters and couldn't discern any changes in the image. How did you check that?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:49 am
 ICQ Number 
Page 13 of 14 [208 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » ARG: Ny Takma
Jump to: