Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
What is an ARG?
Read imbri's Quickstart Guide

The time now is Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:37 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » ARG: Ny Takma
[UPDATE] Hank's Blog
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 4 [54 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Caterpillar
Unfictologist

[UPDATE] Hank's Blog

Hanks' Blog found by Wrayer-Guest

How it was found:

Spoiler (Rollover to View):
Searching for "bermuda triangle" and Hank in Google yielded two entries on the Skeptics Society Forum. Hank's co-ords were also given in the body of his posts (presumably to confirm that this Hank is the correct one).

Content of posts at mid-site.

1) During my 17 years of sailing the Triangle I've seen stuff. I've heard things, too.....strange things. Sometimes I can hear what sounds like a voices speaking a language I don't recognize (and no, it's not in my head). I've recorded it a few times and sent it off to linguists, but they've not been able to come up with anything yet. I can tell you that the Triangle changed my life 17 years ago. Since then I haven't been able to stop searching for the answers to it's mysteries.

Henry aka "Hank"

2) Has anyone here ever wondered about triangles complexities? I have sailed through it several times, and I strongly believe there is something strange going on there. From the moment I cross into it I feel as if I've entered another world.

What about you guys, does anyone else have experience with the Triangle?

Thanks,
Henry aka "Hank"

Hank's Blog Entries

9.21.2006 Another uneventful trip

For the past 17 years I have been searching for answers, but I keep finding only more riddles. Some trips I take into the Triangle, I come away with weird stuff (like that recording) . Some trips, nothing at all. Well it's coming up on my little Waterbaby's birthday. 22 on October 13th, I wonder if she'll answer my call this time.
32 01.34 - 66 07.14

Note: The above entry is next to the same picture found within the right sided video on the main Ny Takma site and a little less clearly on http://www.746865656e64.com/curiosity/ (presumably of his daughter)

9.29.2006 A Cry For Help...

I am Hank, and I love the sea. When I venture on land I lay my bones in Florida, but the sea's my real home. Over the past 17 years I have been obsessed with one particular area. For various reasons, I have done my share of paranormal research in the Triangle. The area has stolen my soul. I fear it may do the same for others who may try to help me, but I don't know what to do any longer. The enigmatic sounds eminating from the deep are undecipherable to me. I must know what they mean lest I lose my sanity. It doesn't matter what frequency I turn to on the radio, I keep hearing these voices.

It amazes me every day that so much in life is unexplained and how much the Triangle distorts my reality. I don't know if I can ever convince people that my findings are real and to help, but that's why I am here.

If you're interested in my various findings and what you can do, I will be mailing a series of short weekly newsletters soon, please send the following information to hauntedhankSPLATgmail.com

Name:
Address:
Email:
Phone #: (optional)

10.03.2006 Tanked Translation...

I've sent my audio recordings to various linguists, but they can't pinpoint the language. I understand that many such things have been discovered by common people with interest in puzzles, so if you're interested in listening to some of the recordings - please inform me of a way to share them with the public.

10.11.2006 Nosey Neighbors and Newsletters...

Rita from next door stopped by again. That annoying hag told me my daughter has become emo. I'm not sure what that means, but Rita spoke as if it weren't a good thing. She said I should spend more time with her, or else I'm going to be sorry. What does she know about raising kids anyway. Just because her grandaughter is a complete bookworm (she's read every book in the Series of Unfortunate Events) doesn't make her an authority on raising children. I can't tell you how good it felt to see her fat ass finally walk out of that door.

I shouldn't be so angry. Rita's really a kind person. I'm just frustrated because I can't get W. B. to reach out to me. I've tried, but she's so moody and...well, weird. She's not responding to my typical father diatribe, so I guess it's time for some different tactics. Maybe I'll try to stop by and see her Friday for her birthday. If I can't Friday, then Saturday for sure.

Today the weather was grand, but we'll have to wait until tomorrow to sail home. John's going to come with me for this trip. I let him listen to one of the recordings, and he suggested I write the newsletters. I thought he needed to hear the rest of them to have a better understanding since he's going to publish them. The area and recordings still puzzle me greatly. Perhaps someday I will find someone who can make sense of it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:02 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
BurnsIV
Greenhorn

I just got an email from Hank:

[Add to Address Book]
To: "burnsivSPLAT@comcast.net" <burnsiv>
Subject: Re: Your findings
Date: Friday, October 13, 2006 4:18:02 PM

Billy,

Thanks for your willingness to help. I have been surprised by how many people are open-minded enough to entertain the deciphering of my recordings. Have you seen this strange website ? I can't for the life of me think who would have that much interest in me and my work. I'm as perplexed by that as I am by the Triangle at the moment. This frightens me.

Hank

On 10/13/06, burnsivSPLAT@comcast.net <burnsiv> wrote:

Hank,

I am very interested in your findings, and would like to knnow what I can do to help.

I'm responding and of course will reply with anything new.

Doesnt look like any clues at first glance.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:35 pm
GoodChild
Unfettered

just got this email from Hank, it's a response to a comment i left in his blog:

Quote:
Sent : Friday, October 13, 2006 3:15 PM
To : ME
Subject : Re: newsletter

Hi Hy,

Thank you for your comment on my blog. It's so easy to love the soft lullaby of the sea, isn't it?

Have you seen this strange website? I can't for the life of me think who would have that much interest in me and my work. I'm as perplexed by that as I am by the Triangle at the moment. This frightens me.

Hank

so it would seem that Hank is aware of the Ny Takma site.

EDIT: Sorry, there was a link to the Ny Takma page in the word "website"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:37 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
BurnsIV
Greenhorn

In my reply I expressed that I have been to the site as well and that I think this is all tied together. I also expressed that I think we need to work together to understand what is going on, since he obviously knows what he is researching and we dont.

I hope, that since he said the website scares him, that this does not frighten him away.

We'll see....

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:57 pm
jwiv
Decorated

Just received a response that's fairly similar to what people have been posting. The words 'this strange website' are a link to http://www.746865656e64.com/

---
Hank Morgan
to me
More options 3:56 pm (1 hour ago)
Josh,

Thanks your willingness to help.

Have you seen this strange website? I can't for the life of me think who would have that much interest in me and my work. I'm as perplexed by that as I am by the Triangle at the moment. This frightens me.

Hank

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:28 pm
ancalime
Unfettered

Also got a mostly-form response from Hank, and now I'm mailing him back to see if he has any more transcriptions, or better yet any word definitions to add to our lexicon.

Ah! And just when I sent that email I got another reply to the previous one:

Quote:
Phoebe,

I called John earlier, he's coming over and he should be able to help me get the recordings uploaded for you.

Hank

So we should be getting audio sometime soon. Cool

ETA: He sent back a reply pretty quickly that he didn't have any transcriptions. So, we'll have to do the dirty work ourselves. Wink

>> @ancalime | tumblr: galacticdrift <<

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:17 pm
 ICQ Number 
Wrayer
Greenhorn

the mysterious <rmorrow> tag

I mentioned this earlier but it was on the tail end of a bit of a rant - wrapped around the first two paragraphs of Hank's latest blog entry is an <rmorrow> tag. According to W3C this isn't a real tag of any kind, and i can't find a reference anywhere.

Is this just a really strange error or are we being hinted at here?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:48 pm
BurnsIV
Greenhorn

Re: the mysterious <rmorrow> tag

Wrayer wrote:
I mentioned this earlier but it was on the tail end of a bit of a rant - wrapped around the first two paragraphs of Hank's latest blog entry is an <rmorrow> tag. According to W3C this isn't a real tag of any kind, and i can't find a reference anywhere.

Is this just a really strange error or are we being hinted at here?

Not to take anything away from what you've found, but this seams to not fit IMHO. Reason I say that is this.... From the email responses we've received from Hank, he is just a guy doing his research. So it might be out of charactor for him to be posting hints or clues in the source of his blog.

Just my 0.02

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:12 pm
Atom_Force
Veteran

Did anyone notice in the picture on Hank's blog...

The flag appears to be the "Betsy Ross" US flag, 13 stars, 13 stripes...

But there appears to be an eagle in the center of the stars.

Is this another 13 reference or a clue?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:40 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
evonne

Number
Rabbit hole

how did u even know to google hank and bermuda triangle? how did you get that from the unidentified language on the 746865656e64.com website?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:46 pm
BBQed Pizza
Greenhorn

anyone else notice the number 320134660714 at the bottom of hank's posts on the forum thing? Could this mean anything?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:50 pm
Atom_Force
Veteran

isn't it his profile #?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:51 pm
Atom_Force
Veteran

Just got this from Hank>>>>>>

From Hank
To Me

Adam,

It's always great to meet another who seeks out her mysteries. At this point I'm not sure what I believe. I sure would like to know what those recordings are, though.

Hank

--------------------------------------

Dear Hank,

I share an inerest with you in the triangle as well. I have done my share of research on it, and maybe you can come up with more answers than I could have. I would like to recieve and info that you may have.

Also, I'm curious as to if the triangle has anything to do with the stories of ATLANTIS.

Thanks,

Adam

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:53 pm
Caterpillar
Unfictologist

Please remember, the SEARCH function is your friend. Wink

At the top of the Unfiction site you'll see a SEARCH button. Put your term into the search box, and from the drop down list of forums to search in, choose ARGS WITH POTENTIAL. To view one of the posts retrieved by the SEARCH, click on the tiny little posty thing in the bottom right corner of the entry you'd like to view.

evonne wrote:
how did u even know to google hank and bermuda triangle? how did you get that from the unidentified language on the 746865656e64.com website?

Email from YshkLanti contained directions to find "Hank". Once the game went live, there was an encoded passage on the main site that was easy enough to read, but missing a few letters when decoded. These missing letters anagrammed to "curiosity", which led to the page that has a mapped image giving Hank's location as somewhere near Bermuda, but not Bermuda itself.

BBQed Pizza wrote:
anyone else notice the number 320134660714 at the bottom of hank's posts on the forum thing? Could this mean anything?

This number is the same as the coords on the mapped image of Hank's location on /curiosity/. I think it was included to give an in-game confirmation that this was indeed the Hank who was being sought. (This was addressed in the very first spoiler in the very first post in this thread)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:11 pm
Wrayer
Greenhorn

Re: the mysterious <rmorrow> tag

BurnsIV wrote:
Not to take anything away from what you've found, but this seams to not fit IMHO. Reason I say that is this.... From the email responses we've received from Hank, he is just a guy doing his research. So it might be out of charactor for him to be posting hints or clues in the source of his blog.

I can't argue with that, but I need to settle it in my mind somehow. I'm trying to picture the combination of typos that would make it happen and... probably not an intentional thing, blogspot's editor IS touchy, but trying to see it OUTSIDE of the game's context is even harder than trying to see it INSIDE.

I'm just going to have to let it go for now though because I've no clue what it means or even implies (if anything) and codes aren't my strong point. Highest probability is that it's just a red herring intentionally there to throw us off.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:18 am
Page 1 of 4 [54 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » ARG: Ny Takma
Jump to: