Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Your continued support keeps uF running!

The time now is Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:37 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » Old News & Rumors
Emperor Norton's Ministry of Information
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 2 of 3 [31 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
Hangman42
Boot

A further update for those interested - the email address problem is solved :

Spoiler (Rollover to View):
Balclutha_united_bohemia_35SPLATyahoo.com

Just got a response as follows :

Your persistence is encouraging and should be a shining example to all of my subjects. Your address leads me to believe that you are one of my ex-patriots and are not currently upon my soil. If this is true, I expect you to travel to San Francisco as fast as possible. If you are unable to travel here, you should delegate your next task to someone a bit more local.

Proceed to "The Benches" at 18th and San Bruno. There you will find a box in the shrubbery. Your next task is described inside the box.

Keep up your good work. I am proud to call you one of my subjects! This is one of many tasks I will ask of you. Consider yourself a member in good standing of the Political Action Committee.

NORTON I

Someone might want to check on that and post a result Smile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:22 am
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
ALISDAIRPARK
Unfictologist

this is very interesting, but I guess I'll have to lurk as no chance of getting to San Fran

My charity page: http://www.justgiving.com/alisdairpark3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:06 am
Shawn David Struck
Boot

Hmmm.
But then...

...what of the dead-drop Jeremy got in Tokyo?

Im not quite sure I see how that fits into the overall story.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:41 am
Shawn David Struck
Boot

Let's try and sort out the sequence of events here:

This all takes place on April 12th, from 3:15 PM to 4:07.

I am assuming EID stand for employee ID.

Employee 44 exits Lab 1, door 2. Employee 44 enters the supply center, and checks out something with the code BI492459-X00A, then leves, goes back in the way he came and turns on a computer, security, data or power system.

Employee 85 enters room 307, logs on to a computer and is granted access after (presumably, it's cut off) passing some kind of biometric scan-- perhaps a thumbprint or retinal scan?

Employee 47 leaves room 16 through door 1.

Employee 85 stars an application on the computer called Anayltrac

Employee 47 enters Lab 4A using door 2.

The computer/security/power/data sytem Employee 44 turned on records some sort of data or record collection. Then employee 44 asks for the power schedule for a different system.

Employee 85 shuts down the Anylatrac program, then runs a calutor prgrams, an email program, and a web browser.

Someone from outside the building or employee system calls into the control room. Employee 85 picks up the phone, hanging it up a few seconds later (was answered at 8 seconds after 3:30PM, hung up 47 seconds later, just long enough for a few short sentences).

Employee 93 makes a manual request for a phone log, number 19. Eight minutes later, employee 93 overrides the main door to the control room (not sure what it controls) and presumably enters.

Employee 85 closes the calclator program.

Employee 93 now overrides the locks on the door to Lab 4A ,door (cut off) from the control room. This is the same Lab Employee 47 is in.

Employee 12 enters the facility at the same time Employee 85 closes his email and web browsing program (unsure what, if any, sites 85 visited or email was sent) and then logs out of the computer he was using.

Employee 12 acesses the elevator and takes it to floor 3, entering room 301 just as Employee 85 is leaving the computer room (307).

Employee 93 overrides (something in Lab 4A, disables (!) something in lab 4A (an alarm, maybe?), and then overrides something on the main door of the facility.

Some heretofore unmentioned employee (#19) leaves lab 4a through door 2.

Finally, after spending almost 25 minutes in room 301 (doing what? taking things? snooping around? playing darts?), employee 12 leaves room 301, then the building.

What the heck is so special about Lab 4a?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:26 am
Rogi Ocnorb
I Have 100 Cats and Smell of Wee

Missing Cache and Ministry of Information

uF member, dashcat and another player who posted on the blog of His Imperial Highness, have confirmed that the information left for us by His Highness at the 18th and San Bruno drop is now missing. If anyone here got to it, please post regarding your find.

I'm one of five eligible candidates/voters for the "Head of Ministry for Public Assessment" position and will be voting for myself as I believe I've used the best emperical analysis of the five entries, though most of our estimates are very close. Wish me luck.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:50 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hangman42
Boot

An update on the box drop - recieved the following :

Quote:
Esteemed members of my Political Action Committee,

I wish to thank you all, loyal activists, for alerting me to the theft. I am delighted to announce that the culprit was not the man in the brown hat, but rather a vagrant drug addict. I was contacted this morning by the owner of a local pawnshop where the object in question was presented for sale. The owner recognized my mark and confiscated the item until I could arrive.

By my royal decree, all citizens of the city of this San Fransisco are to remain uninfluenced by drugs during the month of September.

However, this box remains of the utmost importance. All members of my Political Action Committee must proceed to its new location immediately and follow the instructions within. For those unable to travel on such short notice, I will provide you with special instructions once a local member has discovered it.

Go to 48th and Taraval.
Turn right (North) on the bike path.
walk past the Monterey Pine.
Follow the path between the two posts.
Walk across the ice plant to the bush.
You will find a box in the bush.

<a>Consult this map for more clarity.<a>
map link

Can someone check it out?

edit: embedded url to get rid of horizontal scroll. yanka

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:54 am
Citizen Kane
Unfettered

I guess not? Man, I wish I lived around SanFransisco, just for this stuff... Ah well.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:35 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
 ICQ Number 
Rogi Ocnorb
I Have 100 Cats and Smell of Wee

By the time I got to the email, it was 23 hours after it was sent. I really don't wanna drive the two hours each way just to not find a muggled cache.

Plus, I think it's Fleet Week in SF.
Was there during that and the Mayors convention once, and didn't get to the freeway till nearly 7pm.

P.S... Thanks for your vote, CK Smile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:24 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Boozemonkey
Boot

Hey all,

Long time lurker, first(ish) time poster. I haven't really been following this as it didn't look like it was really an ARG, but checked in when I saw there was new posting activity today. I live in SF and should be able to make it out to the drop site. My one caveat is that I'm all kinds of busy right now and given my geographical location within the city, and my current lack a horseless carriage, getting out to 48th and Taraval is going to be a bit of a trek meaning I'm not sure I can get out there for a couple of days.

Has anybody had any contact with an of the IG characters? Some sort of 'can you make sure the package is still secure *Wink*' might help us out.

Edit: It just occurred to me that given that nobody has stepped forward to get the package and my only posts have been one huge trout and a couple of trivial missives it may look as though I'm involved in this game. Just wanted to assure everybody that I'm not in any way connected to this game. Just thought I'd de-lurk to lend a hand.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:04 pm
JTony
Veteran

The Taraval Drop

I just got back from the drop.

I was just browsing this thread and when I saw where the drop was, I just couldn't resist. I live so close to it and I knew exactly where they were leading us.

The box is a plastic rubbermade-style container, white with clear sides. Inside it was lined with white paper, and the box contained a number of small, round buttons and a whole bunch of copies of a procamation by Norton I.

Under the lid is taped the following note:

Welcome loyal subject and newly accepted member of Emperor Norton's Political Action Committee!

Please accept as a token of my appreciation several badges. Your primary task as a member of this prestigious groug is to spread my message to the populous. you may confer badges upon those who you feel are worthy.

Additionally, and most importantly, take 10 copies of the included Proclamation. If no more remain, do not fear, others are working with you. Retain these documents until I give the signal for distribution. Only then should you reveal them to the public. Coordination is highly important.

Your Emperor thanks you again. Continue On.

Norton I

Issued by the Ministry of Information
nortonthefirst.blogspot.com

I took 5 badges (leaving more than 50) and 10 copies of the Proclamation (leaving at least 100). The badges are nickle-sized buttons, like campaign buttons for a jacket lapel, with a photographic portrait of Emperor Norton.

The Proclamation is a single sheet of paper, white, with the same portrait of the Emperor and the word "Proclamation" in big letters, with the text of the proclamation printed below. I won't write the text of the proclamation here as the instructions clearly state to wait until we get "the signal" before revealing them to the public.

One thing I will reveal is that it references a future date, which is February 3, 2007, which tells me these folks might have plans for this to go on that long. It'd be cool if it does.

The box remains in the bush for anyone else who wants to find it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:56 pm
Hangman42
Boot

Many thanks for the post JTony - it seems like this might be an advertising ARG for San Francisco itself or at least for people based there.

If you haven't already, check out the the sites at the original post and email the Emperor to let him know you have been to the box Smile As a fellow member of the Political Action Commitiee I salute you! Wink

Edit : a quick update - according to one of the new links up at The Protection Initative there is a movie being made about Norton Cool

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:42 pm
Shawn David Struck
Boot

Sigh.

Faction aligning? Meta gaming, I report, you decidde. Got this in the inbox form entropyblues today:

Mr. Struck,

My thanks on your kind comments regarding my recent elected position. However, I have more serious business to discuss.

http://theprotectioninitiative.wordpress.com/2006/09/29/a-question-of-intentions/#comments
http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=34169787&postID=115930127649452213

Myself, and other members of the Emperors cabinet would be fools not to be aware of all detractors and defamers, such as the so-called Council. In the future you would be wiser to avoid such subterfuge with parties that are aligned against His Grace.

Or if you must continue your espionage, do not use your real name, or such an ineffective cipher as porcine Latin.

Please know that the Ministry is aware of your actions, as is his Eminence.

May your choices be wiser in the future,

entropyblues
Head of Ministry of Public Assessment
Member, Political Action Committee
Member, Ministry of Head Dressings and Apparel

I replied:
My good Sir,

After reading your latest missive, and the implications therein, I had an attack of the vapors. I was overcome, and lhad my attendent, Standish, not been around with smelling salts to revive me, I daresay I would have lain there, motionless for quite some time.

Did the possibility not occur to you that I am attempting to infiltrate the Council? Gain trust so that I can premptively warn His Grace of thier actions?

I continue to use my real name because the best sort of espionage is the type conducted with seeming transparency, good sir.

Yr obdt srvnt,
Shawn Struck

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:31 pm
krystyn
I Never Tire of My Own Voice

I just did a little round of applause here in my apartment at your reply.

It made me giggle.

xbl gamertag: krystyn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:06 pm
Citizen Kane
Unfettered

Rogi Ocnorb wrote:
P.S... Thanks for your vote, CK Smile

Yer welcome boy-o. I'ma send his Grace a little email, see about other possible commities.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:18 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
 ICQ Number 
Shawn David Struck at wor

krystyn wrote:
I just did a little round of applause here in my apartment at your reply.

It made me giggle.

Aww. Glad you enjoyed it. I figured I might as well take the milleau and run with it, yknow?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:12 pm
Page 2 of 3 [31 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » Old News & Rumors
Jump to: