Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

The Black Watchmen Game and Comic Book!

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Your continued support keeps uF running!

The time now is Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:43 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Updates » News & Rumors
Watch Dogs
Moderators: Administrators, Moderators, ndemeter, Varin
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 7 of 10 [144 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
catherwood
I Never Tire of My Own Voice

Re: Update = No new updates

invisibo wrote:
Just checking in on this one.
Watch Dogs showed some new gameplay today during the big Sony PS4 press thing ...

fyi, this being buried in the archives, you'll find the new thread a better place to continue the conversation.

~~~~~ And the shame of THAT is, the "new thread" is going to be merged here because there is never a reason to make a second thread. ;-) If this has actually become active, it will get moved back to N&R in the mean time.... ~ Pixie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:11 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Famine Riddle
Boot

catherwood wrote:
fyi, the original thread got up to 6 pages and was archived; recent activity bumped it, but do keep the conversation going here in the new thread.

Link to the other thread?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:33 pm
PixiestixModerator
Resident Angry Midget

As stated, I merged both threads, because frankly the search feature is your friend and don't make second threads.... I'll move this back to N&R for now, because I am assuming it has become active again.

SIDENOTE - please, don't double post. If your post is the last one in the thread, and unless the original post was too long to add new info to or unless the post was say a day old, edit your post instead. A popular method it "Edit To Add" or "ETA" and then the new info. This is not a forum rule, just a polite social convention here on the forums, and frankly a huge pet peeve of mine. Thanks Smile

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:45 pm
EvanVolm
Boot

Some of the text on the page was changed, though I'm thinking it was just a grammar fix (but who knows for sure). It previously said:

Quis Custodiet Costodes Ipsos

Now it says:

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes

Which is essentially the same thing.

edit: DedSec also has a Twitter account, though I'm not sure if it's official. It's following a bunch of Ubisoft guys.

https://twitter.com/DedSec

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:31 pm
catherwood

EvanVolm wrote:
http://www.chicago-ctos.com

On the website, it says:
DEDSEC
Dare to Resist
Quis Custodiet Costodes Ipsos
-[[[ This domain has been seized by DedSec ]]]-

The phrase Quis Custodiet Costodes Ipsos is Latin for "Who will guard the guards themselves?"

You mean "Who watches the Watchers?" perhaps*.

Late to the party, I am. I see there were a lot of references to Chicago at the start of the thread, but this is the first appearance of this specific URL. The domain was just registered last month (by Ubisoft). I doubt there was ever any content there before the "seizure" by DedSec.

*(of course, I realize now I'm not the first person to catch the alternative translation)
Spoiler (Rollover to View):

http://nintendoeverything.com/113902/ubisoft-opens-viral-marketing-website-for-watch-dogs/

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:38 pm
untricky
Decorated

Found the same code here. http://pino.dutchsecurity.net/

WHOIS states the site has been around for a while, so I'm guessing OOG.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:42 pm
netsua98
Unfettered

http://i.imgur.com/67J5DEHh.jpg There is a number for loft officies (312)-555-010? I tried everything but all other than when 6 was added to the end were not numbers.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:13 pm
catherwood

netsua98 wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/67J5DEHh.jpg There is a number for loft offices (312)-555-010? I tried everything ...

Don't bother, at least not as a telephone number. The '555' exchange is used for fake numbers, used in movies and other fiction media.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:29 pm
Greystone
Unfettered

Game Consoles will be dead by 2020.

I hope they are making a PC version of this game.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:55 pm
RoryF
Boot

found this on the /v/ board thanks to a friend who posted the link. its a youtube url and well..i think this is what we have been looking for people.

YouTube: Link

~~~~~ Fixed the youtube link. ~ Pixie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:32 pm
krakmunky69
Veteran

i don't know.....the video looks fan made to me. especially since it's trying to sound like the voice actor we are familiar with but not quite pulling it off, there are a few parts where it is obvious the voice is being manipulated digitally. i'm just not buying it, the fact that it was posted on 4ch isn't really helping it's credibility either.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:35 pm
Riddla
Greenhorn

krakmunky69 wrote:
i don't know.....the video looks fan made to me. especially since it's trying to sound like the voice actor we are familiar with but not quite pulling it off, there are a few parts where it is obvious the voice is being manipulated digitally. i'm just not buying it, the fact that it was posted on 4ch isn't really helping it's credibility either.

Can't agree. Hi, just registered. I've taken part in a few ARGs, most recently Portal 2 potato sack and the Ingress ongoing ARG, but gave up on that when the game itself got underway.

I think this is a solid lead. I doubted it too until I read through this thread. The image pasted on page 4 by Pressed Bunson is a profile on Aiden Pierce, the main protagonist of the game. Place of birth: Belfast, Northern Ireland. The account that posted this video has no other videos, joined the day it was posted with a highly Watch_Dogs stylised channel and it's registered location? Ireland.

I also pulled these frames out of the video, the second is Russian that translates to "HELLO WORLD". Kinda cute and hints at ARG elements. The imagery in the first seems to suggest the subject has harmed or killed a woman and is being threatened with exposure by Aiden, while the third... well, the stuff along the bottom looks like audiograph, but I don't have the tools to convert it. The last few seconds may be relevant as well but they shift too much to get screenshots.

Even if this isn't directly ARG related I still think it's game promo and hints at definite ARG upcoming. I subbed to the account and will watch it closely. It's not been posted anywhere except here, Reddit and 4Chan. The guy who posted it to Reddit said it just "turned up" in his feed as he watched a lot of WD videos recently. The account he posted from is a year old but only has sub 100 karma, post history is benign. Could be a Ubi employee's personal account that has agreed to take part?

Thoughts?

EDIT: HAH! Almost instant progress, check me out. Lols. YouTube poster also has a Twitter. Name adn_p85, clearly Aiden Pierce themed and actively tweeting about Watch_Dogs. Yesterday posted 2 interesting pictures! I haven't got Twitter so I can't see the 65 he's following or his 9 followers though. Really need someone to investigate this!

https://twitter.com/scxqdm/status/311745241503895553/photo/1
https://twitter.com/scxqdm/status/311708670343929857/photo/1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:35 pm
Last edited by Riddla on Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
krakmunky69
Veteran

i'll nose around at pax east next weekend, if anything is going to happen i expect it to start there.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:43 pm
ivenoidea
Kilroy

It would appear we have to use Base64. Check the bottom right.

http://i.imgur.com/n6op1fe.jpg

Also: Hi! I had quite a bit of fun in ARGs already, hoping to have some more here.

Can't code for shit though, what is that function? What does it do?

I took a ton of frames that i thought might have something relevant in them. Warning, big album: http://imgur.com/a/6fys9

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:41 pm
Riddla
Greenhorn

ivenoidea wrote:
It would appear we have to use Base64. Check the bottom right.

http://i.imgur.com/n6op1fe.jpg

Also: Hi! I had quite a bit of fun in ARGs already, hoping to have some more here.

Can't code for shit though, what is that function? What does it do?

I took a ton of frames that i thought might have something relevant in them. Warning, big album: http://imgur.com/a/6fys9

This is where it gets difficult really, because the game is about hacking, much of the general tone is going to be coding, hacking, computery type stuff. I think the majority of frames like that aren't relevant and are just fitting with the theme of the game. The base64 image for example, ties into the method Aiden uses to track down his target. In the context of code it seems to be written in Python and is similar to cryptographic HMAC implementations, likely designed to strip security from a database, however I don't think it's strictly ARG related.

ARG related materials are usually embedded in the images themselves. It's very layered. The obvious is usually misleading. I've seen a couple hundred fakes in other ARGs and the real ones that jumped out to me as containing actual hints in this video are the only 3 I've screenshot. It's the last one that's really intriguing me, with what appears to be audio data in it. There's a lot of symbolic imagery that may be important to the meta story, but in terms of actual clues, I think the audio data there is the key. It could speak a random series of letters and numbers, could be a file extension on a popular hosting website, could be another YouTube video, could be anything but we need to find out what.

Is there an IRC up for this yet?

EDIT: Digging deeper into the Twitter account and there's some interesting stuff there, coordinates for a place just off the coast of Rio Di Janeiro, other ramblings, the two interesting pics. Tweeted at the official Ubi account to see if they'll confirm it's legitimate and ARG related. It also tweeted the video URL again, this time with the message "Hèllo fr!ends ć"...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:39 pm
Page 7 of 10 [144 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Updates » News & Rumors
Jump to: