Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Got a jones for some uF swag?
Visit Ye Olde Tradin' Post!

The time now is Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:15 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Updates » News & Rumors
Star Trek Into Darkness - Shall we begin?
Moderators: Administrators, Moderators, ndemeter, Varin
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 7 of 57 [855 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, ..., 55, 56, 57  Next
SirMartman
Kilroy

Did a google search on,, "upside down finish",,

and found,,

http://s119.beta.photobucket.com/user/Draconys/media/Clint-Boyer-Upside-Down-Daytona-500.jpg.html

Very Happy

ha,,having fun already!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:15 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
wildoofsmeg
Boot

Hey guys, I know we were all looking at the weird reversed FINISH at the end of the trailer but can anybody find that in the trailer in any more? I think they've replaced it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:31 pm
LtPiper
Veteran

wildoofsmeg wrote:
Hey guys, I know we were all looking at the weird reversed FINISH at the end of the trailer but can anybody find that in the trailer in any more? I think they've replaced it.

Wait a minute. That's at the end of all productions just like the countdown at the front of a visual production. It tells the operator that this is the end of the production and it normally not seen by the audience. Sounds like a editing mistake to me.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:34 pm
wildoofsmeg
Boot

LtPiper wrote:
wildoofsmeg wrote:

Wait a minute. That's at the end of all productions just like the countdown at the front of a visual production. It tells the operator that this is the end of the production and it normally not seen by the audience. Sounds like a editing mistake to me.

I know you don't normally see it but you can imagine in a JJ Abrams ARG that it was possibly there for a reason but as said I don't see it anymore so possibly it actually was a mistake?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:41 pm
avr1991
Unfettered

m0r1arty wrote:
145 meters. Higher than exists without 'elevated' assistance.

Thanks!

LtPiper wrote:

I downloaded the 1080p trailer from the apple website and it didn't contain the upside down finish at the end. Also the trailer that we were looking at has since been removed from YouTube. Maybe they saw this talk on the forums and corrected their mistake?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:25 pm
Melodyman
Entrenched

The OP with the upside down FINISH seems to have found a trailer that was 1:58 long where the FINISH happened at 1:56 plus a few frames.. All I can find now are ones that have been trimmed to 1:56..

Seems like they fixed it ... nothing hidden there I guess..

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:32 pm
tehJTK
Boot

After you put in your contact info it says "we'll contact you once the game has started." (or something to that effect)

They're probably going to wait a few days to let the hype build then start the game in full force?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:15 pm
RealMJBVIDEO
Kilroy

I got this Tweet from Bob Orci regarding the upside down Finish:
@boborci Any significance to the upside down "Finish" at the end of the trailer? no such thing as a coincidence;)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:22 pm
ZuP
Greenhorn

A few things:

• It's already been confirmed with that tweet, but the 'FINISH' couldn't be a mistake, that's just too unprofessional. Perhaps it was removed because that version should only be shown in theaters.
  • It's upside down. Reminds me of those word games you play ("'THINK' outside the box"). It's the first real clue, effectively starting the game. Since it's upside down, says it's the finish, and is at the beginning, perhaps we'll be playing backwards. That's probably the only thing we can glean from 'FINISH' for now.
  • About the things in the 1701 image. When you increase the contrast and brightness, and zoom in a lot, you'll notice there's a lot of variation to the color and resolution of these things. Notice how the variation is blocky, very straight edges, but not perfectly square, in fact not a constant size at all. This reminds me of the compression artifacts you get in videos. Notice how the circles themselves don't have these variations, they have the typical jpeg artifacts. It makes me think these objects were pulled from a video or promotional image. In fact, they look like parts of the steel girders from the movie poster, or even this background image I think appears if the movie poster does not. In fact, if you take that image and increase the contrast/brightness, you get similar variations.
  • With that, I think we can discount any hidden meaning for these objects. They're just aesthetically pleasing and set the mood.
  • Finally, the differences in the images that should be the same can be chalked up to different/multiple compressions of the same image. I doubt there is anything hidden in them. I know facebook compresses images further when you upload them. Just zoom in close to each picture and it's obvious where all that extra data is coming from. As for the different strings at the beginning, probably part of the compression differences. Someone should edit them and see what happens. If nothing happens, it warrants more investigation, if the image gets changed in any meaningful way, it's probably just technical.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:41 pm
Dadio
Greenhorn

I think HSINIF so more a subliminal message, where the word SIN stands out clearly in the center.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:26 am
Dadio
Greenhorn

It appears we have tetris blocks inside the circles.
1701 Top.jpg
 Description   1701 Top
 Filesize   69.12KB
 Viewed   1271 Time(s)

1701 Top.jpg

1701 Bottom.jpg
 Description   1701 Bottom
 Filesize   70.6KB
 Viewed   46 Time(s)

1701 Bottom.jpg

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:14 am
mario1
Boot

Cool! Are those blocks in the cover pic or the timeline?

I remember that at some point in last ARG some QR codes had to be combined to form a bigger one for the johannnbayer site. I'm trying (without luck) to combine the circles in layers in photoshot to see if they produce a consistent image. Any luck for anyone?
Dadio wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:52 am
ZuP
Greenhorn

Dadio wrote:

Hmm, you're right.

They don't seem like they form any QR code, they're missing the alignment squares. But they do seem out-of-place, if they were artifacts, wouldn't they show up on the numbers as well?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:55 am
kosmopol
Pretty talky there aintcha, Talky?

Awesome job everybody!
OK, I have not so much time right now, so I did just a tool, which could help us to decode this thing (if it's decodable at all).

I cut out every circle and made the white background to transparency, so you can overlay the boxes in every combination you want. The only requirenment is Photoshop CS5. (I haven't other tools here).

The first thing is: ironically, the size of the black boxes is identical with the standard transparency checked layer in photoshop. I haven't resized the checked boxes in Photoshop, and I haven't resized the boxes here.

So you have here 4 upper circles and 4 bottom circles, as layers, which you can freehand move across the picture. I hope it will help and I wonder, if it is something at all.
1701codes.zip
Description  Tool for decoding 1701 codes (Star Trek ARG). Req.: Photoshop CS5
zip

Download 
Filename  1701codes.zip 
Filesize  52.83KB 
Downloaded  121 Time(s) 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:50 am
Dadio
Greenhorn

Finish "HSINIF" could also mean a location.

Sini is located at 22.8N 85.97E

India

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:19 am
Page 7 of 57 [855 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, ..., 55, 56, 57  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Updates » News & Rumors
Jump to: