Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Your continued support keeps uF running!

The time now is Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:40 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
[VIDEO] Entry #60.5
Moderators: Giskard, JKatkina, Zarggg
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 18 of 33 [484 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, ..., 31, 32, 33  Next
DHawk314
Entrenched

pravado wrote:
No I was addressing the guy who said they were not as far as they seemed

Ohhhhhh Okay. This makes so much more sense. I'm sorry.

Toadbert wrote:
Oh, right. The entry 1, 6 and Memories house.

Would this mean Alex's Season 2 apartment was where he moved to after he stopped Marble Hornets? It's not really as far away from it all as you'd expect.

Actually, he moved into Amy's house, with Jessica. I mean, he was probably living somewhere else while he was getting to know Amy. But he only moved into his Season 2 house after he and Amy were attacked by Slender Man in Entry #26.

But ya, it was in the town adjacent to Rosswood Park.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:05 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Starkley
Unfettered

pravado wrote:
Uhhh the town with rosswood/alex's apartment are not near brians house (at least what we think is brians house)

when jay was near rosswood and he passed out and woke up near the red tower, he claimed he was really far from where he just was

Yeah I confused red tower forest and Rosswood...my mistake.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:08 pm
soulboogaloo
Boot

Heeeeeey guys,

Long time lurker, here.

I found a little theory over in reddit/marblehornets

Quote:
In Entry 60.5 the "Brief Operative Progress Note" was almost completely covered up with a sharpie. From what i could tell it was a sheet about a surgery that Tim had, the interesting part is that it had a column titled "Wound" and the "Clean" option was checked. Bullets tend to leave clean wounds, meaning that it goes straight through and no shrapnel to clean up, and when Alex led Jay and Jessica into the forest with the intent of killing them Tim stopped Alex and they both escaped. As Jay and Jessica were leaving you could hear a gun shot. My theory is that Alex shot Tim and that is what the form is for, what do you think?

Credit to redditor: theripper160dx
http://www.reddit.com/r/marblehornets/comments/wm1wd/a_little_theory_i_came_up_with/

Anyway,

I think this theory has some pretty solid ground. I was looking back through the timeline and noticed that #50 happens sometime in the Fall of 2010, which would correlate with that mysterious October date.

Feel free to pick this to shreds as I retreat back to the shadows.

Edit: I'm sorry, I mean Entry # 52

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:21 pm
Last edited by soulboogaloo on Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Toadbert
Decorated

pravado wrote:
Uhhh the town with rosswood/alex's apartment are not near brians house (at least what we think is brians house)

when jay was near rosswood and he passed out and woke up near the red tower, he claimed he was really far from where he just was

alex's apt has to be near rosswood because jay doesn't claim that it's an incredible distance for him to be driving, nor does he claim that it's odd alex would drive that far out of his way to go to rosswood

I always assumed Alex moved somewhere relatively far away after giving the tapes to Jay because of the Something Awful post:

Quote:
Alex's comment was so sudden that I didn't have time to react before he had closed the door on me. He transferred to an out of state school soon after that and I haven't seen him since.

I guess he could've just came back to Alabama and settled down in Rosswood Town or whatever it's called. Either way, the map helped clarify this.

In response to the above post, it could explain why there's multiple papers loose while some were stapled.

But I think that if Masky would've gotten shot it would've been somewhere important, otherwise Troseph could just pass off the gun going off as an accidental discharge. And if he'd been shot cleanly somewhere vital, would he have been attacking Jay in the hotel not long after what happened in #52? Just a bit of speculation I haven't thought much about.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:32 pm
Starkley
Unfettered

soulboogaloo wrote:
Heeeeeey guys,

Long time lurker, here.

I found a little theory over in reddit/marblehornets

Quote:
In Entry 60.5 the "Brief Operative Progress Note" was almost completely covered up with a sharpie. From what i could tell it was a sheet about a surgery that Tim had, the interesting part is that it had a column titled "Wound" and the "Clean" option was checked. Bullets tend to leave clean wounds, meaning that it goes straight through and no shrapnel to clean up, and when Alex led Jay and Jessica into the forest with the intent of killing them Tim stopped Alex and they both escaped. As Jay and Jessica were leaving you could hear a gun shot. My theory is that Alex shot Tim and that is what the form is for, what do you think?

Credit to redditor: theripper160dx
http://www.reddit.com/r/marblehornets/comments/wm1wd/a_little_theory_i_came_up_with/

Anyway,

I think this theory has some pretty solid ground. I was looking back through the timeline and noticed that #50 happens sometime in the Fall of 2010, which would correlate with that mysterious October date.

Entry #52 takes place on November 22nd, I think. So I don't think this theory works out too well. Also, if Tim had been shot, I feel like Alex would have finished the job.

And we know Alex wants to.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:40 pm
twistedpuppet
Entrenched

Location: New avatar based on art made by @TheGinky for me for my birthday.

DHawk314 wrote:

Twisted, you have 231 posts.
So...ya. I'm not going to do that. Which is actually fine, unless you feel a strong need for me to take your theory seriously.

Ok, so found out that if you hover your mouse over that little page icon next to the word "posted", it actually takes you directly to the full post. Anyways. After doing a bit of searching myself, I found a post where I laid it out the best. Now, it's in reply to another post, so, please excuse the big block quote.

twistedpuppet wrote:
pravado wrote:
twistedpuppet wrote:
This video confirmed for me that Tim isn't the only one in the MH crew to come from the town near Rosswood Park.

how

Because there have been several hints along the way. Remember the birthday video that was posted on the MH channel, possibly by TotheArk? That established that Alex had been stalked by the Operator as a child.

Then, back in season 2, Jessica makes reference to dreaming about being a child and being stalked by some entity - most likely the Operator.

Then Tim mentions in #55 that the abandoned hospital is near his home town.

Then this latest TTA video. It shows pictures of an old hospital. Pictures of kids. It talks about lies everywhere and how he will soon know everything.

The way my mind works, it puts all of that together and comes to the conclusion that the MH crew all grew up together and then moved away for some reason, with Tim being the last to leave.

And before you bring it up, each person that has been on camera after the original production has exhibited some form of perceived memory loss. It stands to reason, that if they don't remember being kids together, then it's most likely due to whatever caused their memory loss as adults.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:57 am
bcmanhart
Boot

soulboogaloo wrote:

I feel like this date debacle is a bit of a dead end. The creators are American. All of their characters are American. There's no reason why the forms would be written in the European style. I mean, I'm prepared to eat crow if I'm wrong, but I think we should really be focusing our energies on finding out the significance of January 10, 2010.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:10 am
jimi060
Boot

What was happening around January 10th in Marble Hornets?

2010: TTA uploads "Attention" on the 11th, "Admission" on the 16th.
2011: Nothing before the 10th, but Jay and Jessica do leave the hotel and encounter Masky on the 12th
2012: Jay notes not seeing Tim at all for several months, starting November 28th until 1st March. Tim could have had the operation then, plus time spent perhaps with family while he recovered from the operation.

So not really much coinciding with the 1st January and i refuse to believe a doctor would use a different time notation to that of his hospital, sacrificing consistency for what is comfortable for him.

The document could be created by TTA, with the symbol and little information. It could just be some kind of code or prophecy for when Alex/Jay/Tim will die and how mesy it will be.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:03 am
DHawk314
Entrenched

twistedpuppet wrote:
Remember the birthday video that was posted on the MH channel, possibly by TotheArk? That established that Alex had been stalked by the Operator as a child.

Then, back in season 2, Jessica makes reference to dreaming about being a child and being stalked by some entity - most likely the Operator.

Then Tim mentions in #55 that the abandoned hospital is near his home town.

Then this latest TTA video. It shows pictures of an old hospital. Pictures of kids. It talks about lies everywhere and how he will soon know everything.

The way my mind works, it puts all of that together and comes to the conclusion that the MH crew all grew up together and then moved away for some reason, with Tim being the last to leave.

And before you bring it up, each person that has been on camera after the original production has exhibited some form of perceived memory loss. It stands to reason, that if they don't remember being kids together, then it's most likely due to whatever caused their memory loss as adults.

This is good! I see how you put all those thoughts together in your head, and it's a sensible theory. So ya, this wouldn't completely surprise me if it's true. I'm not sure if it's the theory that I'm personally going to buy into, but it's on my mind now for sure.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:06 am
tn5986
Kilroy

I'm not certain if this has been mentioned yet (I haven't seen it anywhere) but this entry less me to suspect that Tim was fully aware that Oppy was in his house in entry 54.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:23 pm
pravado
Unfictologist

theory copy pasted from the other thread

some food for thought: rewatch entry 51. the guy at the end is wearing two different shoes right?

follow me here: tim is the one sacrificing people, not alex.

tim sicks the operator on both alex and brian while they're just filming normally, takes alex's shoe and puts it on to confuse anyone who saw the video into thinking it was alex (covering himself up (leaving tims other shoe on is the basis of this theory, maybe something they did as a really in depth clue), and gets off scott free. he somehow sneaks the tape back to alex and when alex watches it, he thinks that he is the one that did it.

alex goes back to investigate, and asks seth to come with him since he doesn't want to go alone. alex explains everything to seth. in entry 22, the scenario implies that seth isn't against alex or there against his will. at one point alex says "i think it went back upstairs" - plus why would seth agree to go there for any other reason other to investigate something? if it was for any other reason, wouldn't seth have a stronger reaction to seeing blood? they find the basement and that's where seth is taken by the operator. alex wakes up in brians house with no memory (i have a theory that brian is keeping tabs on everyone and brings them to a safe place after being operated on) but with the footage intact

later on alex finds out he's missing a shoe, makes the connection, and then the events from 56/57 occur. by this point alex hates tim because he assumes tim is the cause of everything since tim magically dissapeared and he didn't remember anything himself. however brian still thinks alex did it (has no memory of anything other than going there with alex), and so does seth (again, no memory of anything other than going there with alex.) seth forms the totheark account and begins watching alex. in exit, he watches jay to find out if anything happens while jay is with alex sort of like what happened to him

tim takes jay from his room and sacrifices him up to the operator in return. in season 1 i fully believe tim to have control of the account. theoretically tim could still be in control of it and just mocking the shit out of jay.

anyway when alex kills bruce, he does it because he thinks the guy is one of the maskys (he was pretty far in the woods, how did bruce get over there anyway). tim leads jay to the tunnel to once again try and scare him into stopping the investigation after seeing a dead body. jay sees it during the camera balckout from that entry and his reaction fits.

i can't explain tim saving jay and jessica in this theory though. maybe he thought if alex got caught it'd lead back to him and eventually his story would slip up.

when jay puts entry 51 up, brian (hoody) realizes that his incident took place there and goes back to investigate where he finds tim's files and puts two and two together. calls tim out on his lying and stops siding with him. informs seth and now the two are siding against tim.

tim's line about "maybe you aren't the reason she went missing" could be tim bragging about taking jessica. this also explains his reluctance to let jay follow hoody (he knows brian is now against him)

i understand the possibility of this being true is less than alex just sacrificing people, but i feel like there needs to be a reason for totheark/hoody calling out tim after once working with him, and alex had to be innocent early on. i feel that i didn't go in depth as much as i should have with this and rereading it makes me think people will dismiss it without actually thinking about it in depth: it makes perfect sense to me

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:21 pm
slendydreaming
Veteran

Pravado, that's actually a really good theory! I mean, it explains why Alex just randomly decided to attack Tim, and also why Tim seemed to be so...rude I guess is the right word when he and Alex were location scouting at the hospital, plus it fits with the assumption that he and whoever Hoody is have stopped working together, heck the whole Remember TTA video could be from Hoody to Tim!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:35 pm
pravado
Unfictologist

well reminder is most likely a message to jay

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:20 pm
Gante
Veteran

If you plan to sacifice somebody to an Eldrich Abomination, turning your back on him and unzipping your fly is a really dumb move.

Also, don't forget the time Masky had the drop on Alex, and a rock more than big enough to smash his skull--but only threatens him with it instead.

What I'm saying is this: If Tim really is the evil mastermind of Marble Hornets, why isn't he better at it?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:39 pm
FalloutGhoul
Unfettered

Gante wrote:
If you plan to sacifice somebody to an Eldrich Abomination, turning your back on him and unzipping your fly is a really dumb move.

Also, don't forget the time Masky had the drop on Alex, and a rock more than big enough to smash his skull--but only threatens him with it instead.

What I'm saying is this: If Tim really is the evil mastermind of Marble Hornets, why isn't he better at it?

Hmm, this is a good point.
1.) Perhaps to bait Alex into attacking him.
2.) Perhaps to do what Alex did to Bruce (sorry if that's chronologically out of order with the entry that Alex does kill Bruce.)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:39 pm
Page 18 of 33 [484 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, ..., 31, 32, 33  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
Jump to: