Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
What is an ARG?
Read imbri's Quickstart Guide

The time now is Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:01 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » Old News & Rumors
[TRAILHEAD] The Spider-Man Viral Begins
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 57 of 60 [890 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60  Next
netsua98
Unfettered

So will this be the end of our beloved Viral find out in a couple of weeks when the free advanced showings are here.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:15 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Adm_BlackCat
Unfettered

Yeah, this is it. The end. They did the same thing with FlynnLives/TRON.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:32 pm
BoMoJoFoShoYo
Boot

Maybe they'll see these and give themselves some funding or something for a better "prize" for the finish line (particularly for the people that were ACTUALLY involved with it) if they do an ARG for Spider-Man 2... Not that I'm not grateful, but I think pretty much everyone understands what I mean and agrees.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:38 pm
invisibo
Veteran

Sorry everyone.
I had some problems logging into the forum.

The google doc has been updated not that it matters anymore.
I'm meeting my friend tomorrow and will get pics (again, not that it matters).

He apologizes for the delay, he had other commitments today.

Hope to see some of you at the SF screening.

And yes, between this, Prometheus, and TDKR, nothing has topped the awesomeness of FlynnLives. FlynnLives was epic and had a great ending that actually made sense/lead up to the film in a way that really engaged and excited fans and ARG players.

BoMoJoFoShoYo wrote:
invisibo wrote:
Hey everyone,

The SF drop was picked up by my acquaintance.
He's taking pics and sending them to me to post.

We REALLY need your acquaintance's photos. Is there any update or progress on that?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:39 pm
netsua98
Unfettered

BoMoJoFoShoYo wrote:
Maybe they'll see these and give themselves some funding or something for a better "prize" for the finish line (particularly for the people that were ACTUALLY involved with it) if they do an ARG for Spider-Man 2... Not that I'm not grateful, but I think pretty much everyone understands what I mean and agrees.

Well I got involved in ARGs at the very end of Flynn Lives so boohoo for me so I never knew what prizes there where or the plot.

As for this Viral I see it the same way as to that some people who are lurkers or just at the last minute get devoted/involved in this Viral or many others happen to get away with receiving or even punching others out of getting to a dead-drop always has detoured me but hey not saying some do not deserve those things but as for the !!FAR&MANY!! that do spend hours days weeks months EVEN WHOLE YEARS of there time on something such as this witch IS a Viral do deserve a little something and by little something I mean (Limited Ed., Epic, Awesome, Tie-in, and The Great Collectibles) That we so much love alas I am only ONE.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:26 pm
djchristensen
Unfettered

With so few tickets I am wondering if the passes will be to a preview with others that got tehir passes from news papers and radio stations. Here in phoenix it is common to give away 600 passes to a movie, hoping that enough will show up. 48 spidey fans only seems small and intimate, plus not a guarantee to be seen that you will get in for the screening. For big movies like these, I had to show up at noon, and was still 40 people deep for a 7pm screening.

Second note, how could they leave off Phoenix. We have always done screenings, and this would be first time without.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:52 pm
Last edited by djchristensen on Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tseug
Boot

I'm inclined to believe that the 24 pairs may be guaranteed or VIP tickets. They frequently have screenings here that I (and many others) show up early for and watch as an elite group are led in ahead of us, as well as press, leaving 2/3 of the theater for the normal people. Also, I overheard the marketing rep say the briefcase recipient would be getting some tickets, so that's at least one more pair.

Since I'm never able to complete all my thoughts at once, here's an edit. I always seem to come up just short on the in-person events, so I don't think I'll even try for tickets since it'll only be a few hours early and I have that entire week off anyway. There are no potential spoilers as I already know way more regarding the plot than I cared to as I had some really overzealous friends clue me in to certain aspects.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:06 pm
invisibo
Veteran

If I'm reading the hybrid page right, you will need to find the location of the tickets first. I would assume this will be during the middle of the day though we don't even have a clue as to where and clearly NOT at the actual theater. That info will be withheld for some reason.

gofobo is currently listing a 7:30pm Spider-Man screening in SF on the 2nd. No specific location and "Private Screening."

48 tix is rather small and I will probably not be taking work off just to float around SF waiting for a specific location but hey, at least they're holding a free screening. Unlike some OTHER ARG that recently ended
*cough Prometheus.

Tseug wrote:
I'm inclined to believe that the 24 pairs may be guaranteed or VIP tickets. They frequently have screenings here that I (and many others) show up early for and watch as an elite group are led in ahead of us, as well as press, leaving 2/3 of the theater for the normal people. Also, I overheard the marketing rep say the briefcase recipient would be getting some tickets, so that's at least one more pair.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:19 pm
darkeyedone13
Veteran

Tseug wrote:
Also, I overheard the marketing rep say the briefcase recipient would be getting some tickets, so that's at least one more pair.

They said that to me too, though I haven't gotten an email or anything yet.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:13 pm
Tseug
Boot

gofobo seems to be listing a screening corresponding with each city from what I saw. I tracked down at least 3 different places offering up Chicago passes 'soon' so I hope for the sake of the people hunting down the location for the 24 pairs that they are at least guaranteed entry. Otherwise it will end up being 600+ people showing up as djchristensen said.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:19 pm
thebruce
Dances With Wikis

MrToasty wrote:
netsua98 wrote:
ObFuSc8 wrote:
http://www.oscorpindustries.com/hybrid

OMG again no florida Confused

OMG again no Iowa Wink

OMG again no Canada Razz

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:19 am
MongoLikesCandy
Boot

Individual images from the Dallas briefcase:

The calculator has a name scratched in it. One of the first thing it did when I put in new batteries is say "Recover Memory?" which of course I say yes, but I can't work this thing.

The phone has no SIM card, so recharging it would be pointless.

And I realize that the viral is supposedly over. But I can't help but want a clean set of letters for the final grid. Anybody have the whole thing? or can we post what came from each city individually?
sp.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   656KB
 Viewed   56 Time(s)

sp.jpg

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:14 am
GStacyLA
Kilroy

darkeyedone13 wrote:
Tseug wrote:
Also, I overheard the marketing rep say the briefcase recipient would be getting some tickets, so that's at least one more pair.

They said that to me too, though I haven't gotten an email or anything yet.

For what it's worth, the representative in L.A. told me that he believed they were going to send me something by mail, so perhaps we need to keep an eye on our mailboxes rather than our inboxes over the next week or so?

(Long time lurker, first time poster. Hi, guys!)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:18 am
MongoLikesCandy
Boot

The rep never took my physical address. Just my email.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:56 am
JulianDay
Boot

honestly, although i love free movie screenings, i really don't see the big fuss on this one. it's only 4 and a half hours before the movie officially comes out. had it of been next week i would have seen the excitement and try to go see it then.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:59 am
Page 57 of 60 [890 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » Old News & Rumors
Jump to: