Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Having Trouble with the Boards?
Ask in the General Forum
or email unforum /at/ unfiction.com

The time now is Sat May 27, 2017 7:09 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
New Users, Read This First!
Moderators: Giskard, JKatkina, Zarggg
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 2 of 2 [20 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
JKatkinaModerator
Entrenched

In regards to the recent trend of 'reserving' threads -- that is, posting an "Entry ##" thread when an entry has been indicated to be coming up instead of right when it appears -- this is a thing that does not need to happen. It seems only to occur because one particular person wants the supposed (and totally fictitious) prestige of being the OP of an entry topic, which is cheesy and classless at best. It impedes any relevant discussion by forcing pages and pages of useless, content-free posts before any actual discussion of the entry occurs. In our most recent example, Entry #45, even by page 22 the OP had not even put a link to the entry in question in the first post.

In particular, it makes joining the discussion much harder for people who are late to the game -- and we're already a forum that moves so fast that if you're a day late to an entry, there's no bloody way you'll be reading the entire thread before posting.

At the moment, considering it isn't an overt policy issue, this isn't a bannable or lockable offense... just a matter of class and courtesy.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:25 am
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
BardicFire
Boot

I live kinda deep in the Appalachian woods, so thats started to freak me out a little, but most of my paranoia and sleep loss is caused by thoughts of masky home invasion, not fear of the operator.... probably because Masky is a perfectly possible threat and my room is right next to the front door.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:31 am
PianoManGidley
Boot

Forgive me if asking here is out of line somehow, but I can't find any information to this:

What is this forum's attitude towards necromancing threads? I know some forums take the approach that, if there is already a thread on a given topic, no matter HOW long it's been since the last post, then you post in that thread instead of making a new one. Other forums, however, will tell you to NEVER necro a thread past a certain age, and if you want to discuss something that already has an old, dead thread, that it's better to make a new thread for the sake of freshness or something.

So where does this forum stand?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:27 pm
konamouse
Official uF Dietitian

Preference is to keep the topic going in the same thread so there is historical information rather than forcing someone to search for the old thread (or constantlly asking about stuff that happened before).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:52 am
ZargggModerator
Unfictologist

Most of the regulars here are aware of this, but for the sake of the newbies, this should probably be posted:

Unfiction has a strict "no deletion" policy with regards to posts and threads, with the exception of posting commercial spam, which is a bannable offense. A gracious exception has been made by the forum admins (primarily SpaceBass) for the mods to delete troll threads claiming to be new entries, but obviously are not. However, to maintain the site's primary rule of preserving discussion, we are only permitted to delete these threads if they have not yet been posted in by another member of the community.

If you see one of these threads, let a moderator (probably me, unless JKat decides to come back regularly) know about it and do not post in it. If you post in it, I can only lock the thread.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:00 pm
Page 2 of 2 [20 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Marble Hornets
Jump to: