Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

The Black Watchmen Game and Comic Book!

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Having Trouble with the Boards?
Ask in the General Forum
or email unforum /at/ unfiction.com

The time now is Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:19 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Meta » Puppetmaster Help
Running out of ideas. D:
Moderators: imbri
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]  
OhWhatProvidence
Entrenched

Running out of ideas. D:
Need to stall for time, basicly. Or someone to help me think of ideas.

So, long story made a BIT shorter:

I'm running an ARG where I'm about to bring a WHOLE lotta stuff going on. Tying up plot threads, weaving new ones, all good and planned out. But, before ANY of this can happen, I have to have a special person or two show up, and have some things happen when they show up. But these people, for a certain reason, can only show up in May. To be more specific, the holiday Beltane. Once Beltane comes, I'm SET, I'm good and fine to go on with the game.

But, I've got a month of nothing to do. I've combed over all the plot threads, had random people get held hostage and released, had another character recently show up and make a muck of things. But, I don't know what to do to fill up March. April, I'll be getting ready for the Beltane shit to make sure EVERY ONE of my players is there, because I WILL need as many of them as possible to show up. >< But, for March... I don't know. I'm just... scraping the barrel.

See, I've had this whole game more or less scheduled out from the start. This will happen this month, and this will happen on this week or so. Fine. But the players would figure it out early, so then I'd just move the schedule forward. That wasn't too bad, none of it was date-specific really. Until now. Fucking Beltane! Ugh.

Add that on to a lot of OOG shit going on in my life, I've got not much time to figure out how to fill up a whole month with stuff in a game that has a pace of something going on every other night.

D: Any advice or something to get my creative juices flowing? Or anyone want to offer a hand to hear the story so far and to point out a plot thread I could use and draw out for a month or so? :/ I've got a FEW I could use if I HAVE to, but I would rather leave a few of those for the finale/post-Beltane.

A few ideas I'm pondering:
1. Coudl have a character kill RandomBystanderNo1 and spend some time having to clean the mess up. (but it's a bit cliche and doesn't progress the main plot... D: ) I could also introduce another character earlier than planned if this happens.

2. I could have this one person do this thing with this other thing that I don't want to go into detail on because it could give away what the game I'm running is. I could have something happen that would kill off a secondary character who's rather important and give the other secondary character more power, but I don't really want to until farther in the game for reasons.

3. I could just have general character development and chit-chat between everyone, but it would be rather obvious that nothing's going on or that the game is breaking down on the player's end, wouldn't it? Or, it could be the calm before the storm. Oo

Bang Head

tl;dr: I need a month's worth of filler and have no ideas to use during this month.

Current project: QS#286, a novel about a quarantine.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:56 pm
Reply with quote Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Glitch_in_da_system
Greenhorn

I'd help, mind letting me know what's going on?
I normally have a decent imagination, and it's always nice to have a second head in these sorts of things Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:33 pm
w-an-i
Boot

OWP I don't know if you are still stuck, but now that I've caught the ARG bug, I'd be interested in helping out. Lemme know if there's anything I can do!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:17 pm
Crescent
Decorated

beltane - implying following celtic festivals - look at lunar cycles as well - and other fire rituals - look into 'preparations for the final element - ie rituals/sacrifices needed to be made etc. - hoe this helps

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:38 am
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]  
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Meta » Puppetmaster Help
Jump to:  

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum