Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

The Black Watchmen Game and Comic Book!

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Got a jones for some uF swag?
Visit Ye Olde Tradin' Post!

The time now is Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:01 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » Old News & Rumors
[Trailhead] Wallace P.I. & The Janus Archive
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 6 of 13 [187 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, ..., 11, 12, 13  Next
amandel
I Never Tire of My Own Voice

Booba wrote:
You don't suppose the rest of the digraphs are,well just...babel?
Amandel will not be pleased Smile
Coffee Certain of only one thing...Booba reads me like a book. Since there's 9 (magic nbr. here) digraphs I'll keep trying in my spare time until my brain explodes. Twisted Evil
FuzzyGoodle wrote:
So now we need to find passwords to missing-reply-dt.zip and both of the other Key Checkers, I guess?

Beaut Fuzzy. Don't see any clues in the Dire Straits vid. Here's some background on the "pmpm.jpg" & perhaps the "missing-reply-dt.zip" is from Defense-Tizard

In other news, Samael Leamas has commented on FB about the passage gleaned from the PAST Archive's railfence cipher, the Janus Archive itself & much more:

Among other intriguing revelations Samael Leamas on FB wrote:
Yes I know that passage and the man that wrote it. The blood spilt was not my fault although I do blame myself. The 2nd Ipuwer Papyrus was very real, it was written by the same man that wrote about my first meeting.

And JAG B26354 in a sympathetic email containing maybe a clue, maybe a key, with the year 1928 wrote:
Err hello, you haven't spoken to me in awhile and I was worried that perhaps I had upset you with well the way I am.

You and your friends have helped me a lot and I do my best you know, of course I am being paid but then they have to because of who I am. They think I don't remember that I am drunk and wasted all the time, there a reason I drink you know. Okay I admit I forget stuff but I still remember my birth date and I look very good for my 84 years.

You'd think that time would speed up lady when you get older but for us, it slows down to a crawl. They will not kill us but we are cut off from which keeps us sane, its a bad way to live lady

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:06 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
FuzzyGoodle
Veteran

I asked the Present guide about the codes in the pictures, missing-reply-dt, and the youtube video and got this response:
Quote:
Love Dire Straits man, youtube cool site man you can actually leave messages saying how much you like the vid really cool man.

Have you googled it, I google everthing amazing what stuff comes up man?

Numbers seem odd though were they in code too, you'd think it would start 1,2,3 you know.

I'm forgot well I had actually forgot you know but something came back to me last night. Something that chick giving the course said to me that stuck between the ribs if you know what I mean, don't know why I forgot it. She said the archive is alive, weird huh! Sometimes the data in archive changes by itself, so I was thinking if you've copied anything from the archive it might mean didley over squat, you have to recheck your copy with the original.

Since Samael also mentioned that copies were unreliable (which I assume refers to my work), I went back and checked all the pages again. I don't see any major changes, besides the name changes and zone opening that we've already discussed. The one thing that I noticed was that 3r5d in the Present zone (which had been mentioned before) might be slightly different. I had "Wkh jlylqj Or ee ga ehjlqv…" written down, but it now reads "Wkh jlylqj Or vv ga ehjlqv…" With the ROT, that's "The giving Lo bb dx begins…" (originally) and "The giving Lo ss dx begins…" (now). Obviously, that changes the digraphs slightly. Still can't decrypt the damn things though.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:47 pm
amandel

Food for thought, using "alexanderheaven" as a playfair key on the not rotted digraphs. Rechecked the Past Archive twice b/c I'm nice tho not an 'angel of heaven' Laughing

Dn hn eN=BabelX
Or vv ga=Fleece
Yg ax=Wine
Cd xk xe=Daniel
Um eh v L=TowerX
Fp ar=Gold
Ik cu=Gift
Td zs=Mask
Fh vv iN = GreekX (THX FuzzyGoodle)

EDIT: Not warrenting a 2nd post yet if we're looking for an 'odd man out' the unpaired one looks like Daniel imo. Cyas...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:43 pm
Last edited by amandel on Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
FuzzyGoodle
Veteran

Wow, nice job, amandel! I also see FhvviN = GreekX (Although the original text, again, read FheeiN, which confused me).

So our nine groups of letters, in order (reading left-right, up-down) are
Quote:
DnhneN Fpar FhvviN Ygax Orvvga Ikcu Cdxkxe UmehvL Tdzs

And with the decode:
Quote:
BabelX Gold GreekX Wine Fleece Gift Daniel TowerX Mask

I see some groups that we can make. Babel goes with Tower, Gold probably goes with Fleece (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Fleece), but could also go with Mask (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mask_of_Agamemnon). Maybe Greek goes with Wine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_wine)?

EDIT: Asked JAG Holden about it, he basically confirmed what I was thinking:
Quote:
I believe they work together to form three clues to the keys, however three of them are boojums.

I do not know which though, up to you to find the correct pairings.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:23 pm
Zobot257
Unfettered

Three of them are boojums... Hm.

In that case, doesn't the presence of the X's next to the three words out of that nine mean something? It could be obvious and mean that they're the three boojums, or it could be less than obvious and mean that they're three words that absolutely are X-cential. (Ok, a bit of a stretch for a bad joke, sorry)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:58 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FuzzyGoodle
Veteran

I had a similar thought initially, Zobot. But as booba said:
booba wrote:
the cap X is added by the encoder to complete a set

Because Playfair ciphers use digraphs, there had to be an even number of letters per coded word, so the Xs have to be there.

So let's say the pairs are "Babel" and "Tower," "Gold" and "Fleece," and "Greek" and "Wine" (of course, maybe they aren't). Would our three phrases be "BabelTower," "GoldFleece," and "GreekWine" (entered with a space in between each phrase?)? Or "TowerOfBabel"? Or "GoldenFleece"? Maybe subsequent words aren't capitalized (upper/lowercase matters)? How do we know what order they go in (there's only 1 Key Checker this time)? There will be six possibilities for each group of 3 words (and we don't know which group is correct).

How do we know the answer isn't just incredibly simple, and that I'm not just complicating things with my "babel"?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:02 am
amandel

JAG Holden in reference to the length of his keys wrote:
The first one takes five letters, the second takes fifteen and the last one takes nine. Does that line up with the key checker? I didn't press enter, no point in losing another chance is there. The keys are most likely to do with the zone's period of history I would think.

So, a possibility in the same period of history are Gold+Mask=MaskofAgamemnon with Fleece as its boojum & GreekX+Gift=TrojanWar with Wine as boojum?Dunno

And JAG B26354 just being friendly and giving some nice hints wrote:
Do you like 50's sci-fi books? Favourite authors of for the period are: A.E. Van Vogt and Henry Kuttner, definitely worth a read. Also love H.P. Lovecraft although that is far earlier. Turns out Kuttner was once joined and some of stories talk about the 'old country' with reference to a family that appear to know a lot about advance science with extremely long lifespans. I think he was trying to tell the world about the joined.

Haven't had my first beer yet, still quiet sober you know - did you have seen a series called Dark Skies? That had some really weird, well you know it was freaky lady. Perhaps you would like to send me a card on my birthday, its 25th July.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:45 am
Last edited by amandel on Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
booba
Entrenched

July 25th 1928 ???

reesylou pointed out the connection to this a while back.

"George joins Dick Cox, replaces our lose in 1948 (S-2)”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Colvin_Cox

The Somerton Man was found dead 1 December 1948

“First death of the joined, a sad lost.”

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:54 am
FuzzyGoodle
Veteran

The Present Guide is Richard Colvin Cox is Rick Deckard? Whaaaaaaaaat? Mind blown.

Meanwhile, what if "Greek Gift" refers to the Trojan Horse? "Horse" would fit the 5 letter key. I feel pretty confident that amandel is right about some form of "MaskofAgamemnon" for the second one. But then what would the third one be?

(I haven't had time to actually try any of these ideas yet. I'm just speculating.)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:10 pm
booba
Entrenched

Quote:
The Present Guide is Richard Colvin Cox is Rick Deckard? Whaaaaaaaaat? Mind blown.

Well, it's kinda pointing that way...

"'D' I was named after some great dude investigator"

He never really owed up to being Deckard, I guess we (or at least me) ass-umed because of the badge #.... "D"ick Cox could very well have been a great dude investigator???

I gotta concur with Horse and MaskofAgamemnon, they fit so well. Best i got for the remaining is Tower Babel (photo of ziggurat) for confusion weak, but best I got.

On the " the unfortunately named Dick Cox" True story- many years ago two dudes I knew from school started their own construction company. Their names were Bill Long and Jeff Cox....

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:21 pm
reesylou
Decorated

FuzzyGoodle wrote:
Meanwhile, what if "Greek Gift" refers to the Trojan Horse? "Horse" would fit the 5 letter key.

What if GreekGift was Helen? Would also fit the 5 letter key, and matches with the info in the archive (http://janusarchive.wikidot.com/ja208v140sq and http://janusarchive.wikidot.com/ja160v79sq) - I haven't yet watched all of the documentary and this is just another viewpoint/theory.

What would that leave? Tower Babel Daniel hmmm, no ideas beyond the obvious Tower of Babel

ETA oh... Gilgamesh appears several times, but don't know if/how it fits and it seems to fit: http://www.mazzaroth.com/ChapterThree/TowerOfBabel.htm

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:47 am
amandel

JAG Holden replying to a question about the time frame of the Past zone wrote:
Each zone covers a certain period in history although some parts do overlap and certain locations do not adhere to these rules at all like the gateways for instance. Currently you are only seeing the first of the past zones, when you provide the keys hopefully this will restore the lost ones.

Some legends contain an element of truth whereas history definitely contains much that should be considered as myths or legends. "The bigger the lie the more people that will believe it." - Who said that? The answer to that question in deeply ironic. Ordo ab chao["order from chaos" is supposedly the Freemasonry motto]
The answer to the quote marks above and maybe not important is that it is misattributed to Joseph Goebbels & is likely a varient of the Big Lie Idea

Then in reference to some past Wallace events F.P. Sun wrote:
I have some reference to a man by the name Lewis Styles but it is stored in the Janus Archive under the Shadow Events section. Max Drum's experiment has messed with our universe there much that has been lost. I very much doubt that Wallace is the sort of man to kill let alone without regret.

Finally F.P. Sun refers to a YouTube comment leading to http://janusarchive.wikidot.com/ja459w0k in this email he just wrote:
Amandel my dear,

I see you've unlocked Present Zone exit according the archive's status page, I believe the next present zone contains shadow events although they are encoded. Did you like my comment on the Youtube page I didn't want to be too obvious. No luck I see on the Past Zone exit, you will be needing to that to progress any further. Holden not giving up any of his many secrets.

And where is Wallace and that delightful young lady of his, left you holding the bag has he. Not like him to let you do all the hard work.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:02 pm
FuzzyGoodle
Veteran

Holy...what? How? Where is this comment? Jesus Christ. Who has the free time to create all these pages?

Why is this so cool.

I guess I'll get started on another word document for this page.

It also sounds like Holden may still have more "secrets" that he's not telling us. It seems like we are going to need them, as I am not making any progress with these keys.

EDIT: Forgot to add: great find amandel!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:23 pm
amandel

Laughing Hi Fuzzy. The YT comment (Next zone: ja459w0k) was made 4 days ago by "gremalus". Am loving your zest and organizational skillz tho I'm personally hoping the PM isn't planning to dump 9 of these puzzle zones w/o first advancing the story & core characters.

ETA: In the new 9M archive with a vdwxuq (saturn) pattern Ja933x463s is Hadrian's Gate with ROT text reading: Infernal Betrayer... What was he scared of?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:27 pm
FuzzyGoodle
Veteran

Alright, this zone features huge blocks of text that I haven't been able to decipher yet, so this is kinda a mess, but here's my observations: http://www.mediafire.com/?2s80oz7c9hfvc6y (the grid itself goes on to the 2nd page)

The blocks of text seem to be numbered 1 through 9 and most have similar looking shorter lines of text in the bottom rights of the pages. I assume they are related. And I think there's only 1 key this time (although 3 zone exits), so that's nice. There's also another yellow-ish image that fits with the other ones.

I'm going to ask Kalan about the gate as soon as I have some time. And I wonder if JAG Present knew about this second area?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:35 pm
Page 6 of 13 [187 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, ..., 11, 12, 13  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » Old News & Rumors
Jump to: