Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Your continued support keeps uF running!

The time now is Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:16 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Slender Man Mythos
[LOCKED] EverymanHYBRID 2011
Moderators: ChildOfAtom, Cougar Draven, DavFlamerock, Dixie_Wolf, ndemeter
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 159 of 602 [9030 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, ..., 600, 601, 602  Next
lunaticfish

Nah, I meant more like since the Great Damsel Breakout of 2010, it was almost a projected idea that with Steph came Slenderman. Not sure really. Whether we believe He was keeping an "eye" on her, whether He "helped" them get her out due to wanting the Corenthal 4 together- etc- He has in fact shown up, and even POSSIBLY was in "Damsel". It feels as though we may expect more of Him? I don't know.
On the subject of Slenderman taking a "back seat": When the Rake thing first began, I was rather annoyed at the loss of spotlight for Slends. Very quickly I was completely okay with it. They're just doing this really well, that's it. Somehow I've never felt like Slenderman has taken a "back seat" to anything. He's pretty solidly there.
About the MH thing: No I don't think season 2 has exactly emulated EMH in any ways, though it certainly has branched out more (which has done it well). It will be interesting when this is all over to see how EMH influenced MH2, because it's fairly accepted that since the hiatus and return, EMH has pretty much stormed the castle and been elected Uberking by SM fans.
Anyways, these guys are all over quality standards anyways. I don't mind waiting.
Again, "I don't mind waiting," should not be confused with, "I will not freak out in any small measure while waiting".

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:51 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
qaqa
Unfictologist

lunaticfish wrote:
On the subject of Slenderman taking a "back seat": When the Rake thing first began, I was rather annoyed at the loss of spotlight for Slends. Very quickly I was completely okay with it. They're just doing this really well, that's it. Somehow I've never felt like Slenderman has taken a "back seat" to anything. He's pretty solidly there.

I think his presence hangs over everything enough that it isn't necessary for him to appear in every other video. They maxed him out pretty well for a lot of last year and now they're going deeper into some other inter-connected stuff. There are very clear references to him in the Centralia children's account of their little trip and it is obvious who they're talking about both in Hidden Videos and in Corenthal's most recent letter (which hopefully has been directly linked to from the EMH account for people following along solely on Youtube). And everything goes back to Slender Man, really. The Rake, HABIT, all of it. That's who HABIT was talking to in the kitchen. It's like the old Orson Welles story about a play he did called "Mr. Wu," where everyone spends the whole first act talking about Mr. Wu and what he will do when he arrives, and it takes a whole act for Mr. Wu to appear onstage but everyone in the audience feels like he's been there all along. Although, again, SM has been around plenty.

Quote:
About the MH thing: No I don't think season 2 has exactly emulated EMH in any ways, though it certainly has branched out more (which has done it well). It will be interesting when this is all over to see how EMH influenced MH2, because it's fairly accepted that since the hiatus and return, EMH has pretty much stormed the castle and been elected Uberking by SM fans.

I don't know about that; I don't judge them that way or pit them against each other or consider them in competition, per se. MH is definitely still going very strong and their focus is clearly still as razor sharp as ever. I tend to think of MH as Joy Division and EMH as New Order, if you will. I love them both but they are very different strains of the same source. That's all.

Quote:
Again, "I don't mind waiting," should not be confused with, "I will not freak out in any small measure while waiting".

Oh, God, no.

And now a slightly more on-topic plea: HABIT. If you write me back, I will make you cookies. Deal on the table. Think about it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:58 pm
lunaticfish

Yep. In agreement on the SM thing.
About MH, no no no! There is no judging going on here; I merely mean I wonder what the MH team thought of EMH in the interim. I love that there is a friendly competition of sorts; I was merely stating that in MH's absence, EMH took (well earned) precedence. Please don't misunderstand me. I think MH is quite awesome, great at doing their own thing their own way, which is as it should be, and I am in fact an MH fan. I watched MH way before I got into EMH, but while I used to watch EMH waiting for MH to update, it's long been the other way around.
qaqa wrote:

And now a slightly more on-topic plea: HABIT. If you write me back, I will make you cookies. Deal on the table. Think about it.

XD

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:03 pm
Ouroborus
Unfictologist

While I'm fine with Slendy being scarce in EMH at the moment, I will say that we've been a little light on the Slendy sightings in 2011 in the big three. The only bit we've seen of him is the couple of seconds in "December & Early January"

I do miss the guy.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:11 pm
ravenofroses
Unfettered

just chiming in to say qaqa, i love you for the joy division/new order analogy. hardcore.

ahem. and to make this slightly on-topic, the waiting does drive me crazy, but i would infinitely prefer waiting longer for quality updates to having updates before they're really ready. quality over...timeliness? whatever. it's hard to keep quiet about the anticipation and excitement for a new video, but ultimately i think most folks here are okay with the idea of waiting awhile longer for new content cos we trust the folks making it to make it more than worth the wait.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:45 pm
qaqa
Unfictologist

ravenofroses wrote:
just chiming in to say qaqa, i love you for the joy division/new order analogy. hardcore.

I think it's extremely appropriate. To me EMH is more pop. And that's not a bad thing. Pop in its proper dosage and chemical content can be extremely subversive.

And yes to all that about quality, time, etc. Mostly because I would not have made half my deadlines this month if they'd kept up the pace from last fall.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:06 pm
sje46
Decorated

Quote:
About MH, no no no! There is no judging going on here; I merely mean I wonder what the MH team thought of EMH in the interim. I love that there is a friendly competition of sorts; I was merely stating that in MH's absence, EMH took (well earned) precedence. Please don't misunderstand me. I think MH is quite awesome, great at doing their own thing their own way, which is as it should be, and I am in fact an MH fan. I watched MH way before I got into EMH, but while I used to watch EMH waiting for MH to update, it's long been the other way around.
Yeah, EMH is, well, I'm more emotionally invested in it. The story and characters are just more interesting.

I kinda want it to end soon, though. Not "soon" maybe, but I want it to begin the end-game. It's starting to drag out, and I feel like something BIG should happen soon. No, not Jessie's grandmother dying. Maybe a major character (i.e. Vince) is killed off. Or Sparky digs up Jessa's dead body in the yard...Evan's yard.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:39 am
Luipaard
Unfictologist

sje46 wrote:
Quote:
Yeah, EMH is, well, I'm more emotionally invested in it. The story and characters are just more interesting.

I kinda want it to end soon, though. Not "soon" maybe, but I want it to begin the end-game. It's starting to drag out, and I feel like something BIG should happen soon. No, not Jessie's grandmother dying. Maybe a major character (i.e. Vince) is killed off. Or Sparky digs up Jessa's dead body in the yard...Evan's yard.

No, no, no. Jeff's shed. Not Evan's yard. Jeff's shed.

Personally, I kind of want EMH to last a long time. It'll be a long time before I see something as amazing as this ARG again.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:46 am
sje46
Decorated

Well the point was for it to be revealed that Evan (or evilEvan, that is) killed her.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:59 am
qaqa
Unfictologist

Ain't gonna happen. HABIT said Jessa was "his," i.e. SM's.

I do not want it to end soon, at all. I won't be doing this on this level again. And MH is a very different experience, the spectator is largely locked in a role there.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:06 am
Dixie_WolfModerator
Entrenched

sje46 wrote:

If Vince dies anytime soon, I am personally blaming you. Just because he hasn't been in the spotlight much lately doesn't mean he is expendable. Besides, we all know his beard is the only thing that can save them.

This series is still going strong, and I, for one, am not ready to see endgame yet. There's still plenty of mysteries that need to be solved. And I don't want to see our boys die. T_T

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:47 am
thehatter
Veteran

I'm not ready to see endgame yet either. But I /do/ feel like something HUGE has to happen like NAO. I'm trying very hard to keep up with EMH (and I'm getting alot more answers now that I'm watching everything over and over again) but it feels like it's kinda dieing a little. I don't want it to dieeeeee. I would be sad. Sad butttttttt if it so happens that it peters out like it has been, I'm not sure I'll be completely disappointed. Yes, there are alot of questions that have gone unanswered for me while watching EMH (as well as TT and MH) but if it ended soon, I would feel like I've got my fair share of Slender-scares out of them.

As for a main character dieing- NNNNOOOOOOOO. This /cannot/ happen.

And yes- Vince's beard is the answer to all. That is the only way.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:35 am
Mattwan
Entrenched

This talk of main-character deaths got me thinking: Depending on where they go with the relationship between the Mining Town Four and the EMH Four, it's very possible that we'll see at least one of the main characters die or otherwise "succumb". This could be why they had to drag in Steph, expanding the trio to a foursome: she's now ostensibly a major character and clearly has an analogue among the Mining Town Four, but her succumbing (whatever that turns out to mean) wouldn't be as game-breaking as it would be with Evan, Vince, or Jeff.

It could also trigger a lot more backstory about the MT4, which in turn could trigger more full-on ARG elements as we try to help them break the cycle before another Hybrid "succumbs".

This is pure speculation, mind, but I don't think it's quite tree-level. It would explain why they felt the need to add a fourth wheel to their tricycle and would also provide a natural bridge between the MT4 and the EMH3+1.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:18 am
Bartok
Decorated

What do you guys think the next trial is going to be?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:40 pm
purplesharpie
Decorated

I really, really hope it doesn't end soon. Mainly because I've not yet had a chance to be interactive. I mostly just lurk.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:00 pm
Page 159 of 602 [9030 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, ..., 600, 601, 602  Next
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Slender Man Mythos
Jump to: