Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Having Trouble with the Boards?
Ask in the General Forum
or email unforum /at/ unfiction.com

The time now is Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:11 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » Old News & Rumors
[TRAILHEAD]Hayward Incorporated
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 4 [57 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
distilled
Unfettered

[TRAILHEAD]Hayward Incorporated

Recieved the following email:

Quote:
Important News for Investors of Hayward Inc.
Hayward Incorperated <haywardinc> to will.r.knightSPLATgmail.com
11:08am

This E-Mail is to inform all investors of Hayward Incorporated that the vote to declare Brent Hayward, our CEO and Founder, legally dead is officially suspended.

Mr. Hayward has been found and is currently doing just fine! We here at Hayward Inc. are sure that this news is seen as truly wonderful to all those who were concerened about Mr. Haywards safety.

[the rest was in white, and so highlighting it revealed:]

Listen I've included you in this mailing list subroutine and made sure that you're one of the only ones who gets this message. You need to open the door. Hayward is no more 'fine' than he was when he left. You need to open the briefcase as soon as possible and make sure that he can't use it's contents against all of us. I hope the message finds you well. Remember : E9F19D23M1P9U20H9M14D7U14G15E23.

As for the update: Bruce remains in waiting, still pulling that "Mysteriou" bit every once and a while. Still the best asset we have for containment though.

I was also followed on Twitter by: http://twitter.com/HaywardInc

Anyone else get this? Working on the letter/number string atm, but I'm out today, I'll probably email back later.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:23 am
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Dixie_Wolf
Entrenched

I was talking to a couple of people earlier who got the email, too.

If it hasn't been figured out already, the numbers come out to IS WAITING NOW. Can't for the life of me figure out the letters, though.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:52 am
distilled
Unfettered

Nice one Dixie. At ROT14 the letters come out as STRADIVARIUS.

So, Stradivarius is waiting...

Stradivarius could possibly be related to the Stradivari family - who make incredibly high quality violins.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:55 am
Last edited by distilled on Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Mops
Decorated

I got the same email, as did Ravenofroses! And we were both followed by twitter.

Along with some other people (all from the everymanHYBRID thread, including lovely Dixie there) swapped the numbers for the corresponding letters and got ISWAITINGNOW. I assume that refers to Bruce from the email?

We're still unsure what to do with the original letters, though, and the twitter isn't answering many questions. xD We swapped them for numbers, and mayhaps that's the code to whatever/wherever the briefcase is?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:56 am
distilled
Unfettered

Good to know I wasn't alone!

As I said above, the letters come out to STRADIVARIUS when ROT14'ed. So I assume the message is Stradivarius is waiting.

I've replied to the email asking (with whited out txt) if the email address is safe to communicate over.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:00 am
Mops
Decorated

Weird though, was the bottom message in yours whited out, Distilled? Might just be the difference in email services, but mine wasn't. Hm.

The twitter also appears to be ignoring anyone who didn't get the email! (Dixie, you did tweet 'em, right?)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:04 am
distilled
Unfettered

Mops wrote:
Weird though, was the bottom message in yours whited out, Distilled? Might just be the difference in email services, but mine wasn't. Hm.

The twitter also appears to be ignoring anyone who didn't get the email! (Dixie, you did tweet 'em, right?)

Yeah mine was whited out (I'm on Gmail).

The twitter has said the same thing to both people who it has replied to:

Quote:
Right now we're just trying to get back in synch with our newly returned CEO!

Back in synch?

New email (I'll put the hidden bits in red):

Quote:

Mr. Haywards return is truly a boon to the company. It is of, of course, a regretable thing that he was so long in contacting us. But these things do happen, don't they?
This line is nowhere near secure. The only way you haven't been ferreted out at this point is that I'm using the Chinese Room.
It is important to remember that the Hayward incorperated would at no time, and under no circumstances, wish to make a hasty judgement call.
Bruce is underground right now. The water heater suddenly started acting like the Painted Springs. 2nd Degree across 10 percent.
Thank you for a continued concern Mr. William? and have an exciting day.
Only info that we have is that the briefcase is samsonite. Why that's always the case is unknown. Maybe composition?
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hayworth Inc. - Bringing tommorow's best. Today

So yeah, the email address is not the way to go apparently. Lots of new info though...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:08 am
Mops
Decorated

The only two people who they replied to were you and I, Distilled.

Synch... whoever's running that twitter makes some typos, huh? Or it's pronounced "sinch" ooor they just spell it weird. Color/colour and the like.

Doesn't seem to be much else to poke at here!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:14 am
Mops
Decorated

distilled wrote:

New email (I'll put the hidden bits in red):

Quote:

Mr. Haywards return is truly a boon to the company. It is of, of course, a regretable thing that he was so long in contacting us. But these things do happen, don't they?
This line is nowhere near secure. The only way you haven't been ferreted out at this point is that I'm using the Chinese Room.
It is important to remember that the Hayward incorperated would at no time, and under no circumstances, wish to make a hasty judgement call.
Bruce is underground right now. The water heater suddenly started acting like the Painted Springs. 2nd Degree across 10 percent.
Thank you for a continued concern Mr. William? and have an exciting day.
Only info that we have is that the briefcase is samsonite. Why that's always the case is unknown. Maybe composition?
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hayworth Inc. - Bringing tommorow's best. Today

So yeah, the email address is not the way to go apparently. Lots of new info though...

Huh, interesting.

Samsonite is a company that makes luggage bags, so the briefcase is an actual case, then. And apparently the preferred type that's always used?

Chinese Room? Painted Springs?
Painted Springs is an alpaca farm in Pennsylvania. I wonder about the relevance.

Also, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_room
That is particularly interesting.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:49 am
Anonymousity
Entrenched

"Bruce pulling a Mysteriou"??

"To: Will R. Knight"

Uh, guys... could this... be... TDKR-ARG?

I know, I know, but it'd be cool...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:18 am
Mops
Decorated

Just got this email from qto_aSPLATyahoo.com, titled "A re sal of perpo"

Quote:
I have a qUeston. It's mine. Can I give it to you?

Cap: http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/2464/itsmine.png

Pretty damn sure it's related. I responded with "Yes, you can give it to me if you want to."

EDIT: Ooh, fast reply.

Quote:
How do you stand it? Aaaaaaaaaalll the unkown jst waving around.. Mimes and

seraphs.

Mimes. Freaky. This guy sounds like whoever's running the twitter, with similar typos littered about.

A seraph is a celestial being, by the by, apparently a type of very powerful angel.

EDIT: Replied with "You get used to it. Or you try to make the unknown known. I have a question too, that is mine. Can I give it to you in exchange for yours? It's only fair."

Quote:
Get used to

Get - verb, got or ( Archaic ) gat; got or got·ten; get·ting, noun –verb (used with object) Informal . to understand; comprehend:
Used - Idiom accustomed or habituated to
To - preposition (used for expressing aim, purpose, or intention)

I unnerstand it perfect, but it makes no sense. I think this is what burning feels like. I have tried to make the unknown known known noun adverb. but now I hurt.

Fair is fAir is faIr is faiR is FAIR is F.A.I.R. is fair. Ask away, trailhand.

What with the mentioning of a Chinese Room, something tells me I'm not talking to a breathing person? Now I'm unsure of what to ask.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:27 am
Anonymousity
Entrenched

I think he wants you to hide something in your question (hence the F.A.I.R. bit). Not sure about the noun/verb thing.

You should ask him a.) who the Hayward is that they "found" b.) how you can further help, considering somebody can't be trusted c.) how you can talk to Bruce (is he Bruce?) d.) for further contact information (website/email etc.).

Mimes are - I guess - the bad guys, miming something but saying nothing. Seraphs may be a link to Hayward... (Seraphs also have many faces, I think four).

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:45 am
Mops
Decorated

Anonymousity wrote:
I think he wants you to hide something in your question (hence the F.A.I.R. bit). Not sure about the noun/verb thing.

You should ask him a.) who the Hayward is that they "found" b.) how you can further help, considering somebody can't be trusted c.) how you can talk to Bruce (is he Bruce?) d.) for further contact information (website/email etc.).

Mimes are - I guess - the bad guys, miming something but saying nothing. Seraphs may be a link to Hayward... (Seraphs also have many faces, I think four).

I still think it has something to do with the Chinese Room... the messages seem sort of cobbled together.

I think I'm only going to ask one question. He asked one question and I asked if I could ask one...

Ah, screw it.

"Why did you give me your question? Do you need help?

That's two questions I gave you, so you can give me another to even it out if you want."

And it's interesting, he called me "trailhand"? Por qué?

"I think this is what burning feels like." That's queer, I think, and what gave me the impression I wasn't talking to a human.

EDIT:
Quote:
In eed perspective. A viewpoint. I saw something I shouldn't have, and I started to BuRN. It's like a bicycle ... you can't forget it.

A door was closed with fire and heat. I am told that i wil be opened wih it.

I feel kind of bad for this guy, and I don't know why.

EDIT:

Hooo shit, new tweet.

Quote:
Fair is far.

Which I guess confirms the emails as being in this game.

And new reply.

"Can you tell me what you saw? I can give you a viewpoint on it. And who told you that you will be opened with fire and heat?"

Quote:
I saw mimes in the image of god. The Legionairre told me. He sid "One door closes, another opens. I will make you a pipeline." Then he shoed me. It ws mad and beutiful. I started to ask not anser. I looked and didn't tell.

I can't hold the line. iT's allllll faling in. SPEAK NOW OR FOREVER HOLD YOUR PEACE.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:13 am
Sionja
Boot

Is this new email address the same person who sent the first email?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:49 am
Mops
Decorated

Sionja wrote:
Is this new email address the same person who sent the first email?

Nope, as I said earlier. I never responded to the first email, and then a new address emails me, qto_a @ yahoo.com

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:51 am
Page 1 of 4 [57 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » Old News & Rumors
Jump to: