Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
What is an ARG?
Read imbri's Quickstart Guide

The time now is Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:02 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » Old News & Rumors
[Trailhead?] Chicago Mayor Candidate Garrison Medill
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 2 of 4 [54 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
cyng
Unfettered

oop there it is: http://www.argn.com/2010/11/elect_garrison_medill_the_next_mayor_of_chicago/

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:20 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
thefuturesnow
Greenhorn

Just got back from the event. I started recording when the Garrison Medill guy was going up in case something weird happened, and I'm glad I did. I talked to him at first. He seemed normal.

The problem is that I can't scan the flier. There were a ton of them but I know you have to take a picture of the code or something and I have an iPhone. I don't know if they'll post the flier on the site cuz I don't know exactly who is in the game, but this is the video I took.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td1AnpcH0ko

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:02 am
thebruce
Dances With Wikis

You should be able to take a picture of the page with the QR code with the iphone. You could upload it to Dropbox.com (there's a free iPhone app which is great for quickly getting photos off the phone), or you could try using a QR reader app like QuickMark.

It looks like that code will convert to a fairly large block of text. I believe the iPhone's resolution should be sufficient to capture enough detail. Try uploading to a Dropbox or reading with Quickmark. Or just wait until you have easy 'net access to load it and upload to UF Smile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:05 am
danteIL
Unfictologist

cyng wrote:
oop there it is: http://www.argn.com/2010/11/elect_garrison_medill_the_next_mayor_of_chicago/

So that is weird and/or disappointing. Since when does ARGN decide to out puppetmasters officially from behind the curtain?

Yes, we probably could have ultimately figured it out, but that's beside the point...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:28 am
DarkProject
Veteran

danteIL wrote:
cyng wrote:

So that is weird and/or disappointing. Since when does ARGN decide to out puppetmasters officially from behind the curtain?

Yes, we probably could have ultimately figured it out, but that's beside the point...

<-- This. They're breaking the cardinal rule, here. Not that I'm not interested in what they come up with, it's just that the curtain is there for a reason.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:18 am
Solid Snake

http://bigresistance.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6

I posted this image on the forums, but someone told me about this site also, so I wanted to make sure you guys saw it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:23 am
amandel
I Have 100 Cats and Smell of Wee

Here's the decode for the memo's center QR code:
Spoiler (Rollover to View):
1. By contributing to project GM-0553213512, the employee agrees to waive the company of any liability toward personal injury, loss, or death. Likewise, the company is not liable for any negative outcomes that result from employee actions, whether said actions work toward the goals of project GM-0553213512 or not. If the employee does not agree, they should return to the company immediately.2. The employee acknowledges that project GM-0553213512 involves minimally tested machinery that may be prone to malfunctioning. These malfunctions may result in any manner of unpredictable outcome, including spontaneous relocation, cessation of existence, and fatigue. The employee uses a device at their own risk.3. If an employee experiences dizziness, fatigue, or memory loss, they should perform the self-conservation sequence immediately, as detailed in the previous memo.Always keep your project guide at hand.

The "self-conservation" memo must have been quite a read. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:01 pm
Last edited by amandel on Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
thebruce
Dances With Wikis

May I ask what you used to decode? None of my reliable QR apps (zxing, iphone apps, bctester, etc) could decode it, even after doing a bit of enlarging/touching up. Did you recreate the matrix to clean it up and decode it? (I didn't go that far, thinking someone else would decode it anyway Wink )

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:43 pm
thebruce
Dances With Wikis

Oh, also, regarding the number:
0553213512 is the ISBN-10 for HG Wells' The Time Machine

http://www.amazon.com/Time-Machine-H-G-Wells/dp/0553213512

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:46 pm
amandel
I Have 100 Cats and Smell of Wee

@thebruce: Think I just got lucky with my most reliable online reader http://www.2dtg.com/decode.html
Tried cleaning it up yesterday from the YT video and had no joy. Ahaha @ your spoiler too.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:47 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
thebruce
Dances With Wikis

Neat! Annoying that it's BMP only, but it does work... bookmark'd =)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:07 pm
Kandiman
Decorated

danteIL wrote:
cyng wrote:

I'd assume it's for legal reasons; these students need to make it as clear as humanly possible that this IS a game. Otherwise they could be accused of election tampering.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:38 pm
thefuturesnow
Greenhorn

There's a new memo. Anyone wanna take a crack at it? Again the scan isn't too good so I don't know.
memo.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   157KB
 Viewed   396 Time(s)

memo.jpg

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:59 am
thebruce
Dances With Wikis

QR decode - looks like a deaddrop tomorrow...
top left:
You have been selected for the fantastic opportunity of being on of the first humans to experience our breakthrough technology. In preparation for this project, we have implanted a personal device that, when placed in contact with the signal of the relay, will allow you safe passage to your destination. If the chronolonium floats in the center, the device should function properly. Hold the device in your dominant hand, and your nanobionic implant will interact with the device, causing the floating piece to spin. At this time, brace yourself. Travel can be taxing on the body.

top right upper:
WARNING: Do not move your relay more than twenty yards from its placement spot. Displacement of the relay can cause spacetime instability, and will revert you to your origin. For obvious reasons, this could place project GM-0553213512 in jeopardy.

top right lower:
For more information concerning use of the device, consult the guidebook for project GM-0553213512.

lower:
Your first step is to apprehend Blake. Go to 00110010001101110011001000110101 North Clark. The device will appear at that site between 12:00:00p.m. and 3:00:00p.m. (UTC -6 hours), 13 November, 2010. It will be hidden amidst other cubes. You have only a short window of time before the device relocates along its circuit.

binary:

ETA: Map link - 2725 North Clark, Chicago

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:27 pm
PaperbckWriter9
Veteran

There's a Gamestop at that location. I wonder if what they mean by "It will be hidden amidst other cubes" is that they'll hide the device around a stack of xboxs or something? Too bad it's a 3 hour window or I would be able to make it... Maybe I could try to stop in before 3:00 if noone can; is anyone here planning to go?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:45 pm
Page 2 of 4 [54 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » Old News & Rumors
Jump to: