Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 
 
Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
The Project MU Archives
Now available in stunning full-color print edition.
 
The time now is Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:00 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » Old News & Rumors
Animism: The Sacred Sites
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 7 of 14 [202 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, ..., 12, 13, 14  Next
Author Message
Shizzire
Decorated


Joined: 08 May 2010
Posts: 262
Location: Canadanada

takunta wrote:
Rebecca Sanders
September 7, 2010 - 5:44 pm

Oxbridge is a noteworthy institution that maintains exceedingly high standards and Iron Clad Properties prides itself in reaching out to such institutions to form new partnerships. Our deal here ensures that Iron Clad can both benefit from and give benefit to Oxbridge’s architecture and engineering graduates through internships and permanent placements. Any proximity in time to Dr. Grey’s dismissal is purely coincidental and in fact, we here at Iron Clad express our sympathies to Dr. Grey. Losing one’s livelihood in times such as these is never easy.

Best,

Rebecca

iron clad, honestly you astound me.


Did you send Rebecca an e-mail? Where did you find her e-mail address? Is she on twitter?

ETA; OK I see it now... She commented on the article about Oxbridge donation from IronClad here http://godslakepost.com/?p=96

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:25 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Shizzire
Decorated


Joined: 08 May 2010
Posts: 262
Location: Canadanada

DeadDrop STILL outstanding!

The note is still waiting at the Vancouver Public Library! Please, call in your friends, post to twitter, post on facebook! We need someone to get that note!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:05 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Oats22
Boot

Joined: 28 Jun 2010
Posts: 27

Is there a reason what was extracted from campsitegamma wasn't posted on here? I'm reading it now...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:09 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Shizzire
Decorated


Joined: 08 May 2010
Posts: 262
Location: Canadanada

Oats22 wrote:
Is there a reason what was extracted from campsitegamma wasn't posted on here? I'm reading it now...

Good point. I ETA'd the OP.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:24 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
enaxor
I Have No Life

Joined: 25 Feb 2003
Posts: 2395

Great find Shizzire, I tried using that password with jseek and camouflage, but obviously didn't work. How did you figure out to change the extension? I don't think I've ever seen anything like that used, glad you could open a rar file.
_________________
10/05/2007, 04/23/2009, 07/02/2015
The world is a much dimmer place.


PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:36 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Shizzire
Decorated


Joined: 08 May 2010
Posts: 262
Location: Canadanada

enaxor wrote:
Great find Shizzire, I tried using that password with jseek and camouflage, but obviously didn't work. How did you figure out to change the extension? I don't think I've ever seen anything like that used, glad you could open a rar file.

I saw it in a previous ARG (GKNOVA6). I've been checking all JPGs and PNGs with that technique and it FINALLY paid off. Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:34 am
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
enaxor
I Have No Life

Joined: 25 Feb 2003
Posts: 2395

Shizzire wrote:
enaxor wrote:
Great find Shizzire, I tried using that password with jseek and camouflage, but obviously didn't work. How did you figure out to change the extension? I don't think I've ever seen anything like that used, glad you could open a rar file.

I saw it in a previous ARG (GKNOVA6). I've been checking all JPGs and PNGs with that technique and it FINALLY paid off. Very Happy


And I'm glad it did. Very Happy I followed GKNOVA6 for a bit, but I missed that trick. Did they use the rar extension or something else?
_________________
10/05/2007, 04/23/2009, 07/02/2015
The world is a much dimmer place.


PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:57 am
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
WolfHawk
Entrenched


Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Posts: 1247
Location: St. Louis

Oats22 wrote:
Is there a reason what was extracted from campsitegamma wasn't posted on here? I'm reading it now...

Not sure, but here it is:
Quote:
Log 28, January 6th, 2010
Recorded Transcription
Original Recording: Destroyed

...it's dark and i've placed the apparatus on my head, shivering in the cold and bristling with every breeze that sweeps it's way through the trees. Although it's pitch black out here in the wilderness, with these nightvision goggles i find myself staring up wonderously at the vast array of trees as they lance upward toward the starry sky. It's as though they were aspiring to be heavenly bodies themselves, denied only by their stubborn roots. I have my own aspirations, and they too are anchored to the ground by the fallacies of human 'rationality'. I will have my day. They thought i was wrong about Angkor Wat before i showed them...I will show them again.

While i sit here waiting for...something. Why am i compelled to do this? I can't help but continuously recall the symbolic patterns i've been seeing on all the trees in the region. They're recent. Their exposed wood is fresh as though the carvings themselves were only days old...hours even. But who--or what--is making them?

What might be even stranger...is that i could swear that as i approach the carvings...something...reacts to me...


---

_________________
Having abandoned my search for the truth I am now looking for a good fantasy.

The light at the end of the tunnel may be the headlight of an oncoming train.


PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:45 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Shizzire
Decorated


Joined: 08 May 2010
Posts: 262
Location: Canadanada

enaxor wrote:
Shizzire wrote:
enaxor wrote:
Great find Shizzire, I tried using that password with jseek and camouflage, but obviously didn't work. How did you figure out to change the extension? I don't think I've ever seen anything like that used, glad you could open a rar file.

I saw it in a previous ARG (GKNOVA6). I've been checking all JPGs and PNGs with that technique and it FINALLY paid off. Very Happy


And I'm glad it did. Very Happy I followed GKNOVA6 for a bit, but I missed that trick. Did they use the rar extension or something else?

In the GKNOVA6 ARG there was a point where we received one JPG of a 1/4 of a letter. The JPG had a hidden RAR just like this one. But I can't remember what the encrypted contents were. I remember sitting in IRC when someone found it, but didn't realize what they found... That trick blew my mind, I was impressed. But it's apparently a common method on 4chan...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:50 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
enaxor
I Have No Life

Joined: 25 Feb 2003
Posts: 2395

[Update] Declan's Blog

Shizzire, maybe you can do some rar magic with the photos in Declan's latest post. I'm thinking the list of book and DVDs will somehow give us the passwords to extract the hidden files.
_________________
10/05/2007, 04/23/2009, 07/02/2015
The world is a much dimmer place.


PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:47 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
enaxor
I Have No Life

Joined: 25 Feb 2003
Posts: 2395

Sorry for the double post, but I wanted the post to show. Here is a list of the books and dvds, posted on Declan's blog...

    The Third Wittgenstein: The Post Investigation Works
    The Seven Seas Calendar
    How Our Grandfathers Lived
    Penguin Classics Tale Of Two Cities
    Ogashiinan
    Who Do You Think You Are


And

    The Secrect (Extended Edition)
    Bad Mother's Handbook
    Hand in Hand
    Three Silent Classics By Josef Von Sternberg: Underworld/Last Command/Docks of New York
    Crabbe, Buster Double Feature: Oath of Vengeance/Law and Order
    02 In H2O A Self Help Course On Breathing In Swimming
    The Year Of Getting To Know Us


I've underlined the words in the titles that correspond to the position on the list. "The Seven Grandfathers of Ogashiinan Are" and "The Mother's Hand By Oath Help Us". I'm not sure if this is the way to go, but the mythology of the area does include "Seven Grandfathers" and notice the last two words in the second list are "help us". Dunno I asked Declan about the seven grandfathers, we'll see what he says.

*eta - I sent Declan a message on FaceBook explaining my solve above. Here is his reply:

Declan Grey wrote:
Declan Grey September 11 at 8:26pm
Fascinating work, well done Ena Xor...this is most certainly a message for us. They seem to make sense when put together as well:

"The Seven Grandfathers of Ogashiinan Are The Mother's Hand By Oath Help Us". It's a little poor on grammar, but makes sense.

The Seven Grandfathers of Ogashiinan. What, is that...a group of some sort?

"The Mother's Hand by Oath". It almost sounds like a organization if i didn't know better...a group of people perhaps committed to doing the work or bidding of Gaia, the Mother? We should definitely see what we can make of this...


So far I haven't found anything, but I guess we are looking for something. I also asked him if he thought the close up picture of the books was showing something hidden in the book titled "Telling Tales". I'll post when he answers.
_________________
10/05/2007, 04/23/2009, 07/02/2015
The world is a much dimmer place.


PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:24 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Shizzire
Decorated


Joined: 08 May 2010
Posts: 262
Location: Canadanada

enaxor wrote:
Sorry for the double post, but I wanted the post to show. Here is a list of the books and dvds, posted on Declan's blog...

    The Third Wittgenstein: The Post Investigation Works
    The Seven Seas Calendar
    How Our Grandfathers Lived
    Penguin Classics Tale Of Two Cities
    Ogashiinan
    Who Do You Think You Are


And

    The Secrect (Extended Edition)
    Bad Mother's Handbook
    Hand in Hand
    Three Silent Classics By Josef Von Sternberg: Underworld/Last Command/Docks of New York
    Crabbe, Buster Double Feature: Oath of Vengeance/Law and Order
    02 In H2O A Self Help Course On Breathing In Swimming
    The Year Of Getting To Know Us


I've underlined the words in the titles that correspond to the position on the list. "The Seven Grandfathers of Ogashiinan Are" and "The Mother's Hand By Oath Help Us". I'm not sure if this is the way to go, but the mythology of the area does include "Seven Grandfathers" and notice the last two words in the second list are "help us". Dunno I asked Declan about the seven grandfathers, we'll see what he says.

*eta - I sent Declan a message on FaceBook explaining my solve above. Here is his reply:

Declan Grey wrote:
Declan Grey September 11 at 8:26pm
Fascinating work, well done Ena Xor...this is most certainly a message for us. They seem to make sense when put together as well:

"The Seven Grandfathers of Ogashiinan Are The Mother's Hand By Oath Help Us". It's a little poor on grammar, but makes sense.

The Seven Grandfathers of Ogashiinan. What, is that...a group of some sort?

"The Mother's Hand by Oath". It almost sounds like a organization if i didn't know better...a group of people perhaps committed to doing the work or bidding of Gaia, the Mother? We should definitely see what we can make of this...


So far I haven't found anything, but I guess we are looking for something. I also asked him if he thought the close up picture of the books was showing something hidden in the book titled "Telling Tales". I'll post when he answers.


I believe you are onto something.
http://www.anishinaabemdaa.com/grandfathers.htm
Wisdom
Love
Respect
Bravery
Honesty
Humility
Truth

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:57 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
enaxor
I Have No Life

Joined: 25 Feb 2003
Posts: 2395

Deaddrop in Toronto

Declan believes we need to check out the book/s in the photo, especially "The Polar Sea Journey".

This comment from Stephen on Declan's blog gives us a location to check for the book/s:

Stephen Phelps wrote:
I’ve conferred with a few colleagues sir–they’re saying they’re certain the library is the U of T Hart House library!


I sent a tweet to Arg_Deaddrop just to give a heads up for the deaddrop. I know of a couple of people in the Toronto area, one being thebruce.
_________________
10/05/2007, 04/23/2009, 07/02/2015
The world is a much dimmer place.


PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:31 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Shizzire
Decorated


Joined: 08 May 2010
Posts: 262
Location: Canadanada

Re: Deaddrop in Toronto

enaxor wrote:
Declan believes we need to check out the book/s in the photo, especially "The Polar Sea Journey".

This comment from Stephen on Declan's blog gives us a location to check for the book/s:

Stephen Phelps wrote:
I’ve conferred with a few colleagues sir–they’re saying they’re certain the library is the U of T Hart House library!


I sent a tweet to Arg_Deaddrop just to give a heads up for the deaddrop. I know of a couple of people in the Toronto area, one being thebruce.

I've asked someone, who said they can do it tomorrow. If not, I've got a few other friends to call upon. Worst case is I'll go next Saturday...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:42 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
thebruce
Dances With Wikis


Joined: 16 Aug 2004
Posts: 6897
Location: Kitchener, Ontario

Bah, see this is why I need to not live an hour away from Toronto (or a 2hr $27 bus trip)... quick drops like this. Razz
_________________
@4DFiction/@Wikibruce/Contact
ARGFest 2013 - Seattle! ARGFest.com


PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:45 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Display posts from previous:   Sort by:   
Page 7 of 14 [202 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, ..., 12, 13, 14  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » Old News & Rumors
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum



Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group