Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

The Black Watchmen Game and Comic Book!

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Got a jones for some uF swag?
Visit Ye Olde Tradin' Post!

The time now is Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:35 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Flynn Lives
[OT] Tron related stuff
Moderators: enaxor, Euchre, spaceboy, thebruce
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 3 of 9 [135 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Next
mattw3
Boot

Phylos wrote:
Coasterg wrote:
Here's a rumor:

From Screamscape.com:

Disney's California Adventure

Park News - (8/2/10) I’m not sure how good of a rumor is, but according to one report sent in Disney may be planning on giving a large portion of the Hollywood Pictures Backlot area a new Tron theme later this year as a promotion for the new film. One possible plan right now is to turn the old Millionare soundstage into ‘Flynn’s Arcade’. A lot of the blacklight theme from GlowFest may stay to be converted into a Tron theme, and a possible scale sized Recognizer may be built to appear as if it was looming over Hollywood Blvd. Can anyone else confirm this?

They are fairly good in the theme park rumor business, so this is definitely possible. All I know is where is the Orlando version?!

If this is true, I'll finally have a reason to check out Disney Land and the California Adventure!!

I'm sure the Regognizer is just going to be the one that was used @ the Tron booth @ Comic-Con (we're very good @ recycling). The entertainment department is hiring for what is currently being called "elecTRONica" (I'm imagining Glow Fest with Tron inspired costumed dancers and Daft Punk music). There still seems to be a debate on where Flynn's will be located.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:04 pm
Reply with quote Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
GR1MNIR
Veteran

Is it even possible for the happiest place on earth to get happier? I'm trying to get out to Disneyland around the time of my gf and I's 4 year anniversary in December, as well as propose to her, and it would be awesome to see what kind of TRON stuff was there.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:05 pm
sowasred2012
Unfettered

A nonymouse wrote:
I wouldnt be so sure that the Disneyland stuff isnt related to the game...what if there is an event held there? ...or some sort of special code you can only get for going there. i say lets pool everything that has potential in this thread so we have it in a file cabinet if and when it becomes relevant

If there is an event held there, or a code to be gained by going there, we'll be led there via the game - it's great that people are out there spotting all this Tron stuff, but it's clogging up this forum.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:45 am
mattw3
Boot

sowasred2012 wrote:
A nonymouse wrote:
I wouldnt be so sure that the Disneyland stuff isnt related to the game...what if there is an event held there? ...or some sort of special code you can only get for going there. i say lets pool everything that has potential in this thread so we have it in a file cabinet if and when it becomes relevant

If there is an event held there, or a code to be gained by going there, we'll be led there via the game - it's great that people are out there spotting all this Tron stuff, but it's clogging up this forum.

Really? I thought all the SWAG discussions were clogging up the forum.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:41 pm
Coasterg
Veteran

sowasred2012 wrote:
Is there anyway of putting all the non-ARG related threads into their own sub-forum/topic/thread?

It was bad enough when Lex originally started this thread, but now it's just plain silly. I check every day for game updates, and every day there's some new thread about DIY swag/forum avatars/some guy saw some footage at some expo/tron bike leathers etc etc etc etc. It's all cool stuff! But it's not related to the game save for the Tron connection.

Do I need to take it up with a Mod to get sorted?

Actually this thread was formed to take up the OT items so my post is properly placed. The other stuff should be in this post as well, not out in the board in general.

And the easiest way to avoid it is not to read this post in particular because its not ARG related, thats the other 99% of the board.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:52 pm
OEsuperman
Greenhorn

Blu-Ray

Has anyone heard anything about a Blu-Ray version of Tron being released?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:29 pm
Phylos
Decorated

Re: Blu-Ray

OEsuperman wrote:

This is something that NEEDS to be done if it hasn't been done already. It would be smart cross promotion to tie into Tron: Legacy and include the trailers if it hasn't been done.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:03 am
Broklynite
Entrenched

Re: Blu-Ray

Phylos wrote:
OEsuperman wrote:

This is something that NEEDS to be done if it hasn't been done already. It would be smart cross promotion to tie into Tron: Legacy and include the trailers if it hasn't been done.

I seem to vaguely recall hearing rumor of this, but that's all it was- a rumor. Probably it went from "gee wouldn't it be nice" to "oh, they have to do it" to "they're doing it." But I totally agree, and hope that they take the time to really polish the remastering.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:47 am
Coasterg
Veteran

If they were going to do a November or December release we should've heard about it by now.

I'm hoping they do a December release since there is still time to market a just before the holidays release date.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:21 pm
fluff
Veteran

My local Flea pit Tron Legacy standee

Thought id take a pic for you all to see Very Happy
Its about seven foot high and was put up yesterday.
The Cinema marketing manager is an old acquaintance so with luck i might be able to get it Wink

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:54 pm
Coasterg
Veteran

Re: My local Flea pit Tron Legacy standee

fluff wrote:
Thought id take a pic for you all to see Very Happy
Its about seven foot high and was put up yesterday.
The Cinema marketing manager is an old acquaintance so with luck i might be able to get it Wink

Nice standup! Did you notice any QR codes on it?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:01 pm
fluff
Veteran

I didnt notice any QR codes on it, but ill take a closer look at it when im in there next.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:13 am
Rogi Ocnorb
I Have 100 Cats and Smell of Wee

While I doubt it's even feasible at that scale...
If you're going back, anyway...
Bring along a UV light source.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:20 am
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
eolith
Unfettered

Tron: Evolution game release date (dec 7th) and collector's edition (sweet light cycle by sideshow collectibles) details:
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/08/30/tron-evolution-release-date-and-collectors-edition-revealed/

between this, Halo Reach's Legendary edition, the new Reach console... my wife is going to shoot me in the face with a bazooka.

Nvm where she'd get a bazooka from...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:17 pm
 ICQ Number 
IllusionOfLife
Decorated

eolith wrote:
Tron: Evolution game release date (dec 7th) and collector's edition (sweet light cycle by sideshow collectibles) details:
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/08/30/tron-evolution-release-date-and-collectors-edition-revealed/

I was very interested until I skimmed over this little detail:

"The TRON: Evolution collector’s edition will only be available in limited quantities and will have a suggested retail price of $129.99 in North America."

$130? Really Disney? That's outrageous! BioShock 2's Special Edition, for example, came with the game, the soundtrack on CD, three high quality lithographs, a hard bound 164-page art book, and the soundtrack for the first game on a vinyl LP. All contained in a high quality collector's case for $99.99 (ten dollars less if you got it for PC).

I don't care how detailed that model light cycle is, the game and a model is not even close to worth $130.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:34 pm
Page 3 of 9 [135 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Chaotic Fiction » Flynn Lives
Jump to:  

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum