Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Your continued support keeps uF running!

The time now is Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:04 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » Old News & Rumors
[TRAILHEAD] Dexter
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 6 of 27 [403 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, ..., 25, 26, 27  Next
degravedi
Unfictologist

Game Summary as of Saturday July 31st

I noticed that this thread was sort of all over the place, making it a little difficult for new players to join in with any real sense of the storyline. Hope this helps!

WARNING! Here there be spoilers!
---------------

At Comic-Con, visitors were given access to the most recent crime scene or "kill room" of an infamous serial killer dubbed "The Infinity Killer" -- so named for the lemniscate mark he leaves in the victims' blood. This opportunity to have citizens help police track Infinity was granted by the efforts of one woman under the handle of "Serial Huntress" who runs a serial killer crime watch site at serialhuntress.com.

In the kill room, there were a number of letters written in blood on the surrounding mirrors which resolved to "Sleep Superbly" or sleepsuperbly.com. If you try the free demo and exit out at any time, you are automatically redirected to the profile of one of the users named F8 (fate). First though, an ominous message from F8 scrolls on the screen: 'Do you want to play a game? Or would you rather sleep? I could tuck you in.' It is from SleepSuperbly's root system and seems to indicate that F8 has hacked/taken over the site. Recently, people who applied through the site's Premium Access page have started receiving login codes to bring you directly to F8's profile. F8 has weekly video "sleep sessions" -- discussions with the SleepSuperbly bot named "Iris" -- posted to his profile page.

In F8's first sleep session, his discussion with Iris gives subtle clues that he is Infinity. He also agrees that he should make more friends and is in fact already attempting to do so. The reflection of his computer screen in his glasses shows the username "urnameurlife" on Twitter. urnameurlife posted a number of clues to a riddle about the Moirae (the Fates) and gave out an audio file to those that solved it. The audio is a recording of what occured in the San Diego kill room.

Meanwhile, the Serial Huntress releases her first briefing video detailing what is known about the unidentified victim of the San Diego murder. This included photographs of the victim's hands that showed a pattern of slice marks. The marks were discovered to be a phone number (618-494-6117 pin* 6117) belonging to Boris Gouza of Illinois, who was recently the victim of identity theft. This leads to his blog at unpersonated.blogspot.com. One of Gouza's entries mentions that the most recent use of his stolen identity was flagged at a car lot "Messua Used Auto". A search for the name leads to two Seattle Craigslist listings and then the company's website at messuausedauto.com. The company is going out of business, but the owner has left an email address (theo.messuaSPLATyahoo.com) where he can be contacted. When asked about the flagged identity, he reluctantly gives the buyer's name as one Matthiew Clarke - finally identifying the San Diego victim.

On July 30th, F8's second sleep session became live. He discusses wrestling with a caffeine addiction and that he may see his friends elsewhere. The words "whocontrolsyou" written on his coffee cup lead to a new twitter account and website: controladdicts.com. Following the account then tweeting '@whocontrolsyou #ctrlpledge' has him DM you with instructions he requires you to follow. Puzzle ongoing!

---------------

Full list of sites:
serialhuntress.com
twitter.com/serialhuntress
youtube.com/serialhuntress
flickr.com/photos/serialhuntress
facebook.com/pages/Serial-Huntress/138419092835306

sleepsuperbly.com
twitter.com/urnameurlife
controladdicts.com
twitter.com/whocontrolsyou

unpersonated.blogspot.com
messuausedauto.com
8inblood.com [OOG]

---------------

[Note: there was also another Dexter related game called Dexter Game On played at Comic Con through smart phones on SCVNGR that had players collecting 200,000 "kills" to open access to new exclusive footage. This game has officially ended, and is not related to this ARG. You can, however, still participate by uploading a picture of yourself with Dexter's trademark "cheek slash". Sites for this were dextergameon.com and dexterslash.com.]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:10 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
 ICQ Number 
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
angelnorelation
Boot

Re: Game Summary as of Saturday July 31st

degravedi wrote:

[Note: there was also another Dexter related game called Dexter Game On played at Comic Con through smart phones on SCVNGR that had players collecting 200,000 "kills" to open access to new exclusive footage. This game has officially ended, and is not related to this ARG. You can, however, still participate by uploading a picture of yourself with Dexter's trademark "cheek slash". Sites for this were dextergameon.com and dexterslash.com.]

Technically speaking, GameOn actually led to the rabbit hole here. It even said that when you were there in the SCVNGR app...it called it the rabbit hole. You got like 20 points for completing challenges there. After the first day they tried to get you there other ways, but the first day was pretty much just populated by people who were playing GameOn, and whoever happened to be with them, as far as I know.

Also, because there is only one thread here, it's kind of all over the place, but the forums at SerialHuntress.com are broken in pretty well at this point.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:33 pm
rose
...and then Magic happens

Thanks for the summary degravedi! It helps a great deal to have everything laid out, even for me, and I've been following this.

So the sleep sessions are the serial killer talking about his victims? I don't know how I missed that. I do like that he is the infinity killer and uses the name F8 as the 8 can look like a sideways infinity killer.

I think this game is very well thought out and produced.

Another question: I check the facebook profile of Vince Masuka ( a character on the show Dexter, but he does have his own page) and no one has advised him of the goings on with sleepsuperbly. As he is an endorser of the product and works for the police, he might want to know? I wonder too if he has any login for the exclusive content area. Just wondered if anyone had tried to contact him.

I thought of contacting Matthiew's victim - Boris Gouza of Illinois. Although I have some fear hat Boris is dead already. He dropped off posting in his identity theft blog - he was on the trail of Matthiew and hasn't been heard from in months. Why would he stop posting?

hmmm- I see a link to case B on the serial huntress site mentions a male from Illinois killed on 8/17/2009. That fits with what we know about Boris, he lived in Illinois and stopped posting in March 2009. Although we don't know how old he is and he did have to borrow money from his parents to hire a private eye...that doesn't sound like a 51 year old guy.

I think I might call the serialhuntress hot tipline and leave a message as to my thoughts on who the previous victim is. or maybe not.

Mankind was my business, the common good was my business.~ Dickens

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:41 pm
rose
...and then Magic happens

from the serialhuntress forums

at the end of his game you get this page:

Spoiler (Rollover to View):
http://www.controladdicts.com/free#fbid=oG27RLakekO

which
in the source code ascii art says http://drop.io/powertrip leading to an audio titled "laststep"

Mankind was my business, the common good was my business.~ Dickens

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:14 pm
celina63
Entrenched

First, *great* summary post, degraviti! That will really help new players (as it helped me). Writing up the ARGN article on this now, and will certainly point to your post as a place for new users to start Smile

However I'm still confused on one point - how was the Serial Huntress' site discovered? Was it posted in the "kill room" at Comic-Con?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:54 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
angelnorelation
Boot

celina63 wrote:
First, *great* summary post, degraviti! That will really help new players (as it helped me). Writing up the ARGN article on this now, and will certainly point to your post as a place for new users to start Smile

However I'm still confused on one point - how was the Serial Huntress' site discovered? Was it posted in the "kill room" at Comic-Con?

It was. I'm actually working on a map of this stuff right now because I am a huuuuuge nerd. When you went in, they would show you her introduction video, and they had a poster on the door and they'd hand out her business cards and show you the introduction video from her website (if AT&T worked at the moment...which, uhhh, it didn't always).

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:29 pm
Saki
Decorated

Just re-read the last few pages to catch up Smile I pledged to @whocontrolsyou and just completed the second step.

Also rose, go for the tipline! Every little bit helps.
Delayed release:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:59 pm
Quiet
Boot

has anybody had any luck emailing Theo Messua? I shot him a message a few days ago asking for the list of previous owners just in case that was useful, but I havent got any reply yet.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:59 am
ironnikki
Unfettered

I sent Theo an email as well, but never got a response. I don't think that we will get responses, quiet, as the information that we needed to obtain from him has already been passed on. Also, I've entered into the "program" and just completed step two.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:34 am
Saki
Decorated

I am having an issue with step two, I think. I got the direct message saying "When was the last time you were fully in control of your life?" so I answered. But then I got a message saying "You are still consumed by your addiction. Reconsider your answer." Sad

THEN I got another message saying "my bad, redo" along with the original question. Confused, I answered with the same thing but just now got ANOTHER DM saying "You are still consumed by your addiction. Reconsider your answer."

Did I break it?? Confused
Delayed release:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:41 am
angelnorelation
Boot

Saki wrote:
I am having an issue with step two, I think. I got the direct message saying "When was the last time you were fully in control of your life?" so I answered. But then I got a message saying "You are still consumed by your addiction. Reconsider your answer." Sad

THEN I got another message saying "my bad, redo" along with the original question. Confused, I answered with the same thing but just now got ANOTHER DM saying "You are still consumed by your addiction. Reconsider your answer."

Did I break it?? Confused

No you didn't. There's a secret...he's looking for a specific answer. I'll tell you in a spoiler thing because I hate people who cryptically imply that you're doing something wrong but won't tell you what when they know what the answer is.

He wants you to say that you've never been fully in control of your life. It's pretty interesting, actually...this is the only one where I think he's really really specific about what he wants as an answer.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:44 pm
angelnorelation
Boot

Quiet wrote:
has anybody had any luck emailing Theo Messua? I shot him a message a few days ago asking for the list of previous owners just in case that was useful, but I havent got any reply yet.

I got a response from Messua, but I'm not sure that anyone else did. E-mailing Messua led to finding more information out about the person who attempted to buy the car from him--he revealed that the cops pulled a name from the license plate of the car he left in, Matthiew Clarke. Upon discovering this, the next day, the Serial Huntress confirmed in her blog that the victim in San Diego was Matthiew Clarke. It doesn't look like Messua had any more information on the subject, though. I asked him a couple more questions and he didn't know the answers to them. Still, it ID'd the victim, so.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:46 pm
CaptKing
Unfettered

Does anyone else think that
burning the list
seems a little dangerous? I know nothing will probably happen, but the PM's seem to be taking quite a risk.

People can sue anybody these days... would suck to see them get in trouble because someone is stupid.

Maybe I'm just paranoid... but we all know how ARG's are.

----------
Director of Finding The Thing We Miss and the Promulgation of
Nonchalance Tutelage and member of the Grotian Underground Sabotage Division

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:02 pm
comadarkvale
Unfettered

I know what you mean.I so wish peoplevcould just have fun and if accidents happen not to blame others and sue lol.Im impressed they did the burn.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:14 pm
Saki
Decorated

@comadarkvale and angelnorelation: Thanks for your help Smile Retweeted with the desired response and now have to wait until tomorrow morning. Hopefully I'll catch up with y'all tomorrow.
Delayed release:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:25 pm
Page 6 of 27 [403 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, ..., 25, 26, 27  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » Old News & Rumors
Jump to: