Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Having Trouble with the Boards?
Ask in the General Forum
or email unforum /at/ unfiction.com

The time now is Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:12 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » ARG: Super 8
www.hooklineandminker.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 37 of 70 [1037 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, ..., 68, 69, 70  Next
Deromdotcerom

PDP1 console
game

Just a thought. The PDP1 console was the platform for the first video game Space Wars. So mabe space creature???????

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:23 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
RasGold
Unfettered

Re: PDP1 console
game

Deromdotcerom wrote:
Just a thought. The PDP1 console was the platform for the first video game Space Wars. So mabe space creature???????

I thought the first video game was PONG.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pong

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:28 pm
Deromdotcerom

Nah the very first video game was crated on a scanner during the cold war it was a 2 player tennis game but the first recognised game with a controller was created on the PDP-11 console Space Wars check it out.
Prob nothing to do with the IG but fun to know

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:37 pm
Deromdotcerom

Pong was released 1972 thie space war pre dates this by 10 years released in 1962

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:40 pm
RasGold
Unfettered

Deromdotcerom wrote:
Pong was released 1972 thie space war pre dates this by 10 years released in 1962

Bravo!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spacewar!
Join Us!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:50 pm
twodten
Decorated

smartmart wrote:
For fire penguin: don't worry I checked for DST.

Ok, Kraten is located in Central time (GMT -6:00) and according to HLM his post was on june 29th at 11:48pm.

The "tide chart" points that on june 28th, the best time is 12:07Pm-12:44PM. Unless Kraten internet server is magically located in Pacific Time (GMT-8:00) or not timed right, the correlation to the previous location at GMT -7:00 is not relevant. Strange though that we encounter the "4 minutes over" as with meena.

At this point your guess is as good as mine. Anyway, I found the idea interesting enough to share. Also, I haven't had another from Josh yet. I'll try to contact him during the "best time to spot" just in case.

I wasn't sure what you were trying to do before, but I think if you're trying to use the times posted on the comments as some kind of a marker to figure out where Josh is, you might have a problem.

I'm pretty sure wordpress uses the current time of the server it's running on, which could be anywhere. I could get hosting on a web server anywhere in the world if I wanted to, and probably would, just to shop around for prices. I don't think that's a good way of pinpointing Josh himself. :/

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:35 am
Nulfox
Boot

Just to keep up.
Did noone yet see, that he'd updated he's blog?

What was actually funny :
He started to post again on the same day the moon on he's calendar matched the moon on Rocket Poppeteers.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:01 am
kags
Boot

possible coelacanth reference

i just watched cloverfield for the umpteenth time... and my son noticed this scene.
when they are escaping through the underground, hud (?) i think, says to one them, about how a fish, thought to be extinct was found in madagascar..

i know it not a direct link, or in game or anything, but i mention it cos, i love the way j.j. puts cross references in everthing !! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:36 am
Volt
Boot

Re: possible coelacanth reference

kags wrote:
i just watched cloverfield for the umpteenth time... and my son noticed this scene.
when they are escaping through the underground, hud (?) i think, says to one them, about how a fish, thought to be extinct was found in madagascar..

i know it not a direct link, or in game or anything, but i mention it cos, i love the way j.j. puts cross references in everthing !! Very Happy

ye damm that J.J Smile

The Fibonacci sequence is in lot of his work too.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:36 am
smartmart
Unfettered

twodten wrote:
smartmart wrote:
For fire penguin: don't worry I checked for DST.

Ok, Kraten is located in Central time (GMT -6:00) and according to HLM his post was on june 29th at 11:48pm.

The "tide chart" points that on june 28th, the best time is 12:07Pm-12:44PM. Unless Kraten internet server is magically located in Pacific Time (GMT-8:00) or not timed right, the correlation to the previous location at GMT -7:00 is not relevant. Strange though that we encounter the "4 minutes over" as with meena.

At this point your guess is as good as mine. Anyway, I found the idea interesting enough to share. Also, I haven't had another from Josh yet. I'll try to contact him during the "best time to spot" just in case.

I wasn't sure what you were trying to do before, but I think if you're trying to use the times posted on the comments as some kind of a marker to figure out where Josh is, you might have a problem.

I'm pretty sure wordpress uses the current time of the server it's running on, which could be anywhere. I could get hosting on a web server anywhere in the world if I wanted to, and probably would, just to shop around for prices. I don't think that's a good way of pinpointing Josh himself. :/

Regarless of server time, if you are sitting at your computer at 17:00 in GMT-5:00, your friend in Gmt -7 will see his clock at 15:00. My hypothesis was that josh answered to post only when they come up while he was seating at his computer and that those time refers to the tide charts. The first two comparison worked, both pointing at gmt -7:00, but the last with kraten was off by one hour. Unless we can verify this with more data, I assume that my theory is not valid.

Edit: again the scroll thing on ipad....

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:16 am
Headman
Entrenched

Re: possible coelacanth reference

Volt wrote:
kags wrote:

ye damm that J.J Smile

The Fibonacci sequence is in lot of his work too.

Indeed, found it on Hud's greatest hits at 1:00. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ugpgElqANU

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:57 am
Xeno Lambrose
Unfettered

Possible C ref.

Kags;

I believe if you run the search opt. you'll find that that was discussed earlier.

Beware trout spawning season is in full swing!

Don't get swung upon...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:14 pm
Kraten
Veteran

Timing Check - ReDux

Tried again For you this was posted at 12:06 pm CT

Kraten
Posted July 10, 2010 at 5:06 pm | Permalink
Your comment is awaiting moderation.
English perch (Redfin), I see it now. Is that the Fish on your site? I thought these were in NewZeland? Hey Where are you located? I am in Minnesota USA

I post From Home and Work - God only know where the servers are - The first Post was done frm Work - The one that was Published

I also sent this as an Email Last Night to Josh on the site, Hoping for a response

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:10 pm
.::Kanon::.
Boot

Ok, I dont know if it's worth, but I just comment on the site.

Here its 14:20PM, GMT -3 [or -03:00, depends of the sites i search xD]

Hereīs what I post:

Quote:
Hi Josh! I follow your Site From Argentina! I really donīt know anything about fish, but here I am, trying to learn xD

Itīs kind of freaking that "Coelacanth", I mean, something that supossed to be extingting still alive... But, also, interesting! So, Iīll be reading to see what it happen if you see someone!

Hope you can make it!

See ya!!

And, the tiem there was 5:25PM.

Hereīs the screenshot.

Hope that helps.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:40 pm
multipsychoapopheniosis
Unfettered

Colours

All v.preliminary-in a rush.....

So has anyone else been wondering why the colour changes in the background of the calenders? Hiding in plain sight and all that. Also-there are similarities between the moons and clues. I think especially interesting is 21st July - Same Moon as 22nd June AND is the date of the first lunar landing. My money's on 21st for new clues
junecal.jpg
 Description   Background colour-Noted are the audio file (2/6) and the most recent messages (new printout=22/6)
 Filesize   466.36KB
 Viewed   105 Time(s)

junecal.jpg

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:19 pm
Page 37 of 70 [1037 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, ..., 68, 69, 70  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » ARG: Super 8
Jump to: