Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
The Project MU Archives
Now available in stunning full-color print edition.

The time now is Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:41 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » ARG: Conspiracy for Good
[TRAILHEAD] Conspiracy for Good
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 3 of 38 [556 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ..., 36, 37, 38  Next
grindboy
Decorated

Agent Lex wrote:
Level_3 wrote:
I want to help out here, but can someone summarize this in a quick nnutshell for me please?

These guys don't like these guys.

Yeah that's about all we have so far.

That's about my level of understanding at the moment! Its really early on so we don't have a lot of plot information yet (Or even very many characters!)

OK I emailed the careerSPLATblackwellbriggs.com address:

Quote:
Mr Gomes

Thank you for your application. We are always on the lookout for new talents. Our openings in Thailand are mainly in the private security sector and will incorporate property surveillance and close protection services. Due to the sensitive situation in the capital, we require all applicants to provide certificates of Military Service and/or work experience from the Close Protection sector. Applicants fluent in Thai will be taken into special consideration.

We will close applications tomorrow evening (Thursday 2th, 9PM GMT) for rapid deployment next week. Please be aware that we require all employees to take a vaccination shot against Hepatitus A prior to departure. If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to contact me.

--
Liz Greenwell
Career and Recruitment

I've replied confronting her directly with the YouTube video suggesting they have a security leak. Lets see what they have to say.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 5:06 am
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
AzureWolf
Entrenched

grindboy wrote:
I've replied confronting her directly with the YouTube video suggesting they have a security leak. Lets see what they have to say.

Thanks for blowing my cover... Shocked Exclamation

lol, j/k.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:57 am
SamuelofR247
Decorated

WOW, they responded in less than an hour...wth? Ours responses seem to be in regards to different locations each time, wonder if there's any meaning there....

Quote:

Re: Career Potential‏
Sent: Thu 5/20/10 8:51 AM
To: Sam F. (samver2SPLAThotmail.com)

Mr. Samuel F.

Thank you for your application. Blackwell Briggs are always on the lookout for new talents. We currently have a number of openings in Security and Drilling at our pipeline project in Lusaka, Zambia. Please provide our recruitment team with a resumé of your prior work experience, complete with certificates from past employers. Military Service, experience from the Construction sector and/or high degree studies in geology will be taken into special consideration. We will hold our annual recruitment expo in July (date TBA), but I could try to arrange a meeting with one of our recruiters if you have any prior business in London. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions.

Best Regards
--
Liz Greenwell
Career and Recruitment

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 9:01 am
AzureWolf
Entrenched

AzureWolf wrote:
grindboy wrote:

Thanks for blowing my cover... Shocked Exclamation

lol, j/k.

Not kidding!

Quote:
To the owner of the youtube account AzureWolf777

You are currently hosting confidential material belonging to Blackwell Briggs Corps on your youtube account. This material was acquired by subversive hacker groups, following a breach of Blackwell Briggs internal security May 15. We strongly advise you to remove all confidential and unauthorized material in any way connected to Blackwell Briggs Corps. If you fail to adhere to these demands legal action will be taken.

Thank you for your cooperation. If you have any questions concerning this matter, please contact me via e-mail at: legalSPLATblackwellbriggs.com

Regards
Arabella Mayor
---
This message and any attached documents contain information from the Blackwell Briggs Legal Department that may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not read, copy, distribute, or use this information. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message.
---

Does anyone know an unregulated version of youtube? I'm so uploading the hi-res version to an unregulated site lol.

ETA: My response: "To the best of my knowledge it is not "illegal" to host "confidential" material, only copyrighted material. If your internal video is indeed copyrighted, I would like to see proof, and will then gladly take it down. Otherwise, for the greater good I'm afraid I'm going to have to leave it where it is."

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 9:42 am
SamuelofR247
Decorated

Man, this stuff is deep. It almost feels like we're "playing with fire" so to speak. This game has moved up to number one my following | participating | lurking (all of 'em) list!

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:06 am
grindboy
Decorated

Bloody hell! I thought the emails I was getting felt more real than the normal ARG fare but going as far to send you a take down notice Azure! Blimey!

My latest email with Liz:

Quote:
Dear Mr. Gomes

We are aware of the leak but I will forward your information to our legal department. As to your prior inquiry; we will hold our annual recruitment expo in July (date TBA), but I could try to arrange a meeting with one of our recruiters if you have any prior business in London. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions.

Thank you.

So I'm being forwarded to legal as well. They seem to be pushing this recruitment fare quite a bit. I'm thinking it'll be a real world meet-up anyone in London? (I'm in Plymouth, Deepest Darkest Devon!)

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:18 am
ravagedmind
Greenhorn

AzureWolf wrote:

Does anyone know an unregulated version of youtube? I'm so uploading the hi-res version to an unregulated site lol.

Dont know about regulations but my best bet would be vimeo and dailymotion (vimeo looks better asw!). Thinking of uploading a copy myself to youtube, they cant stop us if we're Legion Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:23 am
AzureWolf
Entrenched

Based on the responses people are getting saying we only have until 9:00PM GMT today to get our applications in. That's 4.5 hours (as of this post) from now.

The employee intranet is going live tomorrow (per their twitter) I'm guessing those who apply and/or get accepted will get logins. So hurry up people!

I just sent mine in and included a scan of my (fake) honorable discharge from the USMC. Hopefully that's enough, I don't look forward to faking more documents, it's time consuming Razz

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 12:39 pm
SamuelofR247
Decorated

Yes, I still have to fake up a couple documents as well and am running short on time myself.....

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 12:56 pm
AzureWolf
Entrenched

I was looking into the company P when I found this press release. http://www.nokia.com/press/press-releases/showpressrelease?newsid=1302146 So I figured there would be some sort of game related item in the http://store.ovi.com/

First thing I noticed when looking was a game called "Exclusion" that had the CFG logo.

Well I don't have a cell phone period so here is what I did.

To play cell phone games on your pc install this: http://webstart.mpowerplayer.com/index.jad

Then to download the game go here:
http://www.4shared.com/get/285995012/911a2f62/Exclusion_s60e3_1_0_3_UID.html

When you open the mpowerplayer click file->open and click the file you just downloaded.

I'm not 100% sure this is related to the game but it does have a very weird code like screen if you click the CFG symbol.

ETA: As I'm playing the game I'm revealing bits of a URL in the "code" part, and I'm fairly certain it's leading me to conspiracyforgood.com

The game is also fun to play Razz

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 2:24 pm
Last edited by AzureWolf on Thu May 20, 2010 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
SamuelofR247
Decorated

Ok, my "credentials" are sent lol. Man that was SUPER time consuming and felt rather corny to be honest lol. But hey, maybe it'll do the trick....

*ETA: Also forgot to add my most recent email response from blackwellbriggs prior to sending my "resume"...

Quote:
Re: Career Potential‏
Sent: Thu 5/20/10 12:38 PM
To: Sam F. (samver2SPLAThotmail.com)

Hello Mr. Samuel

I am glad to be of service. Even though I'm prohibited to make any kind of comment on our unfortunate breach of security last week, I can confirm that there will be openings in the IT-security division due to employee relocations. I will gladly forward your curriculum vitae to the recruitment team.

As for the Blackwell Briggs recruitment expo, the exact date is yet to be announced but it will be held in London this July. Don't forget to follow our twitter for any updates.

Best Regards
--
Liz Greenwell
Career and Recruitment

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 2:36 pm
grindboy
Decorated

Suppose I'd better apply too. Although I've already told them that I've got no military training :-/

Might apply for the IT job. Do you think its going to be necessary?

Screw it I'm not going to do it in 7 minutes. Hopefully the job application isn't a necessary part of the game.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:50 pm
Agent Lex
Entrenched

AzureWolf wrote:
Instructions to play the game

Yeah I dunno about you but I like not to be given links to crappy download sites that load up so much rubbish that they render my computer inoperable, like your 4share site there. Just sayin.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 4:12 pm
catalyst
Boot

Tried the Exclusion game. The codes you get are morse codes - the second one (I think?) spells out "X0L.NU" (that's a zero, not the letter "O")

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 4:21 pm
catalyst
Boot

catalyst wrote:
Tried the Exclusion game. The codes you get are morse codes - the second one (I think?) spells out "X0L.NU" (that's a zero, not the letter "O")

Oops, seems it's the same morse code all the time - but for each level you get a tiny piece of a picture. I don't think I'll be finishing the game just to see it, though.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 4:28 pm
Page 3 of 38 [556 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ..., 36, 37, 38  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » ARG: Conspiracy for Good
Jump to: