Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Having Trouble with the Boards?
Ask in the General Forum
or email unforum /at/ unfiction.com

The time now is Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:21 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » Old News & Rumors
[Trailhead?] Internal Defense Directorate
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 2 of 4 [56 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
alia
Veteran

wow. the thread on 2k forums is at 100 pages....is anyone planning on playing/updating here instead of there? i'd love to follow, but i'm not on the mailing list, but don't know that i want to read through 20 pages a day over there....

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:16 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Angelus78
Entrenched

alia wrote:
wow. the thread on 2k forums is at 100 pages....is anyone planning on playing/updating here instead of there? i'd love to follow, but i'm not on the mailing list, but don't know that i want to read through 20 pages a day over there....

Let me save you the trouble, here's what they know:
They Know Nothink! Nada Zip other then the letters =]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:18 am
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kayana
Boot

Azeru from over at the 2K Forums got something!

Azeru wrote:
EVIDENCE RECEIVED!

Sorry this took so long to post - had dinner plans and then had to photograph everything. Here's a summary of what I received today (will also add to the OP):

I received a large envelope on 04/08/2010, containing the following:

- Top Secret letter from IDD Operation Hermes
- Infinivac Network Card
- PEU-17-1312 / 37 (Evidence #37) - Test tube filled with a tar-like black substance
- Chemical Analysis sheet of sample PEU-17-1312 / 37

Everything was viewed under a black light, nothing came up.

Full photo set here - click on "all sizes" to see large versions: http://www.flickr.com/photos/azeru/sets/72157623812754980/

I had to go to the post office and sign for the envelope. It's good that I waited until I got home to open it - the test tube could have looked very suspicious!

Also, I think they're starting to update the first post of that thread to include most of the pertinent info that comes up. That thread is a pain to keep up with.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:29 pm
Angelus78
Entrenched

yeah no kidding I went through all 101 pages last night.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:23 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kayana
Boot

I got some evidence! Pictures incoming in a few minutes!

By the way, looks like they're updating the first post of the 2K thread, and that 3 people so far have gotten 3 different packages.

Edit: Added pictures. Apologies for the blurriness again, and let me know if anything else is needed. Smile
Entire_Package.jpg
 Description   Package
 Filesize   1.97MB
 Viewed   365 Time(s)

Entire_Package.jpg

Envelope.jpg
 Description   Envelope
 Filesize   1.97MB
 Viewed   181 Time(s)

Envelope.jpg

Letter.jpg
 Description   Letter
 Filesize   1.78MB
 Viewed   337 Time(s)

Letter.jpg

Evidence+Network_front.jpg
 Description   Evidence and Network Card (Front)
 Filesize   2.01MB
 Viewed   748 Time(s)

Evidence+Network_front.jpg

Evidence+Network_back.jpg
 Description   Evidence and Network Card (Back)
 Filesize   1.98MB
 Viewed   658 Time(s)

Evidence+Network_back.jpg

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:58 pm
Azeru
Kilroy

Kayana - Thanks for sharing all this! Back on the 2K forums, I added a list of what you received to the first post:

http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67362

- Azeru (from the 2K forums)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:34 pm
Brian Fialvert
Boot

For the last piece, my camera died. I forgot to buy batteries. Here is what it would say:

Office Memorandum U.S. Gov.

To: (censored) Date:(Censored)
National Security Council

Internal Defense Directorate

Subject: Soviet Weapons Capabilities

Per recent reports, we reiterate our concern about areas of military reasearch in the U.S.S.R. Forthcoming report #(Censor)((Perhaps will be recieved by one of us?))collates data regarding Soviet reaseach in the following areas: 1. Biological warfare
2. chemical warfare
3. weather control/ manipulation 4(censor)5.(censor) phenomena incuding ( censor)
6. psychological reprogramming aka brainwashing;
7. electrical, plasma, and (censor) weapons; and 8.(Censor)

Evidence mounts that Soviet reasearch is pursuing avenues dismissed by U.S. military as being nonscientific (e.g., (censor)) or offesively inhumane (e.g. biochemical warfare.)

It becomes increasingly clear that the Soviets are achieving advancements in these areas and may be already implementing them against internal domestic targets as evidenced by (censor) It is imperative that the US begin reseach in these areas, if not to create offensive weapons, then to prepare defenses against a present and looming threat. We urge the Joint Chiefs to review the data and to(censor) PROJECT(censor) OPERATION HERMES.
Hand-Black Slime.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   30.97KB
 Viewed   1914 Time(s)

Hand-Black Slime.jpg

Back-Hand.jpg
 Description   PEU-33-1499

Corpse heavily mutilated. Dental records match records of[censored]
 Filesize   27.21KB
 Viewed   1880 Time(s)

Back-Hand.jpg

Record ofWilliam Wallace KAYLEM.jpg
 Description   Reads: File with PEU-33-1499
Name: William Wallace KAYLEM(Important?)

Aliases: Lem Kaylem;William Wallace; W.W. Kaylem

Description: Born 04/02/28 Detroit, Mich.
5'10" 160 lbs, blue eyes,
straw blond/brown hair (receding).
Lanky build, sallow.

Loc
 Filesize   103.94KB
 Viewed   210 Time(s)

Record ofWilliam Wallace KAYLEM.jpg

Interrogation page 1-KAYLEM.jpg
 Description   PEU-33-1499 R#4

Interiew Transcript Topeka Field Office

02-02

Q-(Censor)
KAYLEM- William wallace "LEM" KAYLEM

(4th reel cont. from previous)((CLUE TO THE REELS WE HAVE BEEN RECIEVED?)

Q: --(cuts in) times do I have to ask this, Kaylem?
KAYL
 Filesize   87.62KB
 Viewed   195 Time(s)

Interrogation page 1-KAYLEM.jpg

Interogation part 2-KAYLEM.jpg
 Description   Cont.:

KAYLEM: She knew who I was, she'd seen me on campus. she came to the bookstore, she was looking for a place to, get away.

Q: And you were just being altruistic, I guess.
KAYLEM: (snickers) If you saw those legs, you wouldn't have said no.

(THUM
 Filesize   92.42KB
 Viewed   158 Time(s)

Interogation part 2-KAYLEM.jpg

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:34 pm
_vanny_
Kilroy

So jealous of IOOP members right now.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:22 pm
JohnnyCon7
Decorated

I got a package today too.

Infinitive Network Card Front
Infinitive Network Card Back

Chemical Analysis

IDD Letter

Vial Front
Vial Back

I was also one of the people who got an Order of the Pawns card.
I'll definitely be watching this.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:51 pm
Kayana
Boot

One of the guys on the 2K forums figured out that the site to plug in the network login is the access number with a ".com" tacked on to the end. You need to have a webcam to show the back of your card and type in your password. Apparently, it's not very consistent and a lot of people keep getting denied. Once inside, you can upload evidence, comment on it, and change your personal details. I haven't gotten a chance to try it yet, as I need to first locate my webcam.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:30 pm
Angelus78
Entrenched

Kayana wrote:
One of the guys on the 2K forums figured out that the site to plug in the network login is the access number with a ".com" tacked on to the end. You need to have a webcam to show the back of your card and type in your password. Apparently, it's not very consistent and a lot of people keep getting denied. Once inside, you can upload evidence, comment on it, and change your personal details. I haven't gotten a chance to try it yet, as I need to first locate my webcam.

If we had an access code we could all access the site with a webcam.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:39 pm
Loweryi
Greenhorn

I'm trying to access the site now; all I'm getting is the main screen with that blinking light and the office in the back, even though my webcam's turned on and I've got my access card and password and such. Any suggestions? Maybe I'm just dumb at this, haha. Wait, nevermind...that's just my campus's stupid internet connection. It's working now; I'll update once I upload some evidence or otherwise maneuver around the site.

By the way, my access number is 2025409047 in case it works for anyone else or is the same code for everyone.

EDIT:

Alright, I'm in the site guys. Here's a copy-paste of the posts, and the mission statement. I'll spoiler them so they get a bit more condensed.

Mission Statement:

Spoiler (Rollover to View):
OPERATION HERMES is a CLASSIFIED project of the I.D.D. (Internal Defense Directorate).

The I.D.D. was created under the aegis of the Justice Department in the wake of the Second World War to contend with various domestic security threats and
un-American activities.

Under the Directorate’s authority, a new task force has been assembled in an attempt to cope with certain unresolved cases.

To assist Directorate personnel in this effort, outside experts and advisors have
been delivered key research materials.

The Directorate now invites these citizen advisors to provide theories and opinions in an effort to correlate otherwise inexplicable data.

NOTICE: If you are a citizen advisor who has been contacted regarding this matter, please review extant material on the site. Citizen advisors may then submit additional information or opinions based on the research materials they have received.

The INFINIVAC system includes tools enabling project participants to electronically share documents, images and other media. Please do not hesitate to share any materials you have been sent by mail.

All submissions are subject to approval by the project director.

Priority 1 Posts:

1:

MSG 000 OPERATION HERMES Day 0004 / 23:37

OPERATION HERMES is now in effect.

Current desks are:
- SCIENG – Science & Engineering
- SECOP – Security & Operations
- INTEL – Intelligence Accumulation & Analysis

Per the mission directive from the Directorate Chief, codes and organizational chart may change as the mission evolves.

ALL DESKS are requested to register and cooperate. The experimental INFINIVAC network has been opened to facilitate the sharing of information between departments and with outside experts.

Science & Engineering Desk will act as the administrator for the network. Please refer all technical questions here.

- SCIENGBETA -

2:

MSG 006 SECURITY LIABILITIES Day 0004 / 23:59

re: OPERATION HERMES

The security desk would like to reiterate concerns about potential breaches due to the rash decision to involve civilian, foreign, and non-government personnel.

All outsiders’ names MUST be submitted to the Security / Operations Desk before submission of informational packets by post.

-SECOPBETA-

with these following comments:

April 7
SCIENGALPHA has already approved our mailings. Mission command did not specify SECOP approval.

- SCIENGBETA -

April 7
Advise that you re-read mission statement. SECOP\ is to devise and implement all security protocols. Advise SCIENG ALPHA to contact me directly.

- SECOPALPHA -

April 9
Who are you, SECOPALPHA?

- SILVERHERMES147 -

3:

MSG 012 ATTN. VISITORS Day 0004 / 0:09

Ladies and Gentlemen:

If you have just registered with the network, welcome.

You have been invited to participate in OPERATION HERMES.

The Internal Defense Directorate has reached out to a small group of citizens with unique experience or expertise in an effort to find new insights regarding certain unusual and unresolved cases.

You are invited to use the experimental INFINIVAC computer system to submit your comments and information on any case materials or evidence that have been sent to your for commentary.

Please use the form (see button at right) to submit your comments and information. Wherever possible, please also submit any documents or images referred to in your comments. A new process permits the televisual transmission of these images via the INFINIVAC system.

Thanking you in advance for your assistance,

- SCIENGBETA –

Priority 2 Posts:

MSG 010 SUBMISSIONS OPEN Day 0004 / 0:06

Per the organizational meeting, we have implemented log in procedures and submission form in order to enable non-Directorate experts and advisors to post information when informational packets begin to arrive.

- SCIENGBETA -

with these comments:

April 7
Just to check: all citizen contacts will be able to share info via this system? We believe this is vital.

- INTELGAMMA –

April 7
All posts must be approved and classified by SECOP.

- SECOPBETA -

April 7
Unfortunately, SECOPS already seems to have come to their own conclusions about how the incidents are related.

- INTELGAMMA –

April 7
With due respect, we don’t even know that they ARE related.

- SCIENGBETA –

April 7
Precisely. The whole point of HERMES is to collect outside points of view to correlate the information. Filtering is counter mission.

- INTELBETA –

April 7
These exchanges are visible to the entire network. We highly recommend that interdepartmental concerns be handled through other channels.

- SCIENGBETA –

Priority 3 Posts:

MSG 008 LUNCH MTG ORDERS! Day 0004 / 0:02

Re: OPERATION HERMES org. mtg.

Lunch orders for the organizational meeting are being handled by the Intelligence & Analysis desk this time. Please check in with your department’s orders. Sorry, no pastrami on Wednesdays.

-INTELEPSILON-

with these comments:

April 7
The INFINIVAC network is for essential mission-related communications only.

- SCIENGBETA -

April 7
We flagged this low priority per your memo.

- INTELEPSILON -

April 7
This is NONESSENTIAL. Delete immediately.

- SCIENGBETA –

April 7
Okay, how???

- INTELEPSILON –

April 7
Comment approval protocol now established under authorization of SECOP.

- SECOPBETA –

I'm was contacted by the SCIENG director, so I feel special since that's apparently the top desk. Cool. However, I didn't get that vial of sludgy stuff; I got the pictures of the lightning/fog anomaly along with a weather news clipping, my data card, a card describing the pictures, and the letter. I'm not quite sure what next to do about submitting evidence, since I haven't reached any conclusions yet, but I know that I'd much rather brainstorm on these forums than the 2K ones, since I am loathe to read through 172 pages of posts.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:15 am
Last edited by Loweryi on Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
xoNightshade
Boot

Ahh that's so cool, thank you for posting all that! I'm jealous, I wish I could access the site. I can't even post on the 2k forums since for some reason I haven't gotten the e-mail activating my forum account, which I signed up for today. I've been following the thread there, it's very interesting.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:07 am
Angelus78
Entrenched

Yeah I'm wishing I could access the site as well but unless you have your own access code and password you're up a creek without a paddle.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:10 am
JohnnyCon7
Decorated

I went out, bought a web-cam, and took some screenshots of the site today.

Priority 1
Priority 2
Priority 3

Mission Statement
Submit Intel

The "Review Profile" page is a typical form sheet with address, phone number, email, etc. I'm pretty sure the codename and password are unique to each user, otherwise I'd give mine out.

Nothing very interesting in the comments other than what Loweryi has already posted.

I'm not really sure what sort of "investigating" I should be doing with my black sludge. If anyone knows an easy/cheap way to have it analyzed by a lab, let me know. I'd probably even be willing to mail a little to anyone who has direct access to that sort of thing. On the other hand I don't really want to be under suspicions of mailing "unknown/dangerous" substances.

Edit: Here's a couple pictures of the sludge.

At this point I'm 95% sure that this at least very similar to the old Ghostbusters Ecto-Plazm Slime, that I used to play with as a kid. Which if I'm right, is just unbelievably awesome.

(Anyone who remembers Ectoplazm or TMNT Ooze, and knows what I'm talking about is also unbelievably awesome.)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:49 pm
Page 2 of 4 [56 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » Old News & Rumors
Jump to: