Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Having Trouble with the Boards?
Ask in the General Forum
or email unforum /at/ unfiction.com

The time now is Wed May 24, 2017 11:06 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » Old News & Rumors
[Trailhead?] Internal Defense Directorate
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 4 [56 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Kayana
Boot

[Trailhead?] Internal Defense Directorate

I wasn't home for the last couple of days, so I'm not entirely sure when I got this, but found a letter in the mail today, postmarked "03 Apr 2010." The location it was sent from was Los Angeles, but the return address is to Washington DC (zip code 20010), although only the city and zip code is really legible. I've attached pictures. The only other things of note not visible in the pictures is that the label with my address has the same eye logo behind it, just fainter, and the very faint words "INFINIVAC DATA PROCESSING" underneath it.

I've googled "Infinivac" and "Internal Defense Directorate," but I haven't come up with anything so far.

If the letter isn't clear enough, I can post a larger picture. I can also take a clearer picture of the envelope, but the camera has run out of batteries and is charging right now. Just let me know what's needed! Smile
Full_Package_smaller.jpg
 Description   Envelope and Letter
 Filesize   255.92KB
 Viewed   325 Time(s)

Full_Package_smaller.jpg

Letter_smaller.jpg
 Description   Letter
 Filesize   262.68KB
 Viewed   486 Time(s)

Letter_smaller.jpg

Watermark_smaller.jpg
 Description   Watermark
 Filesize   283.37KB
 Viewed   275 Time(s)

Watermark_smaller.jpg

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:56 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Angelus78
Entrenched

could you get a close up pic section by section going by where the paper is folded?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:19 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
geenna74

I got one too.

Do you follow SitS or Lost? I have no idea what the letters are about. Those are the only things I can think of.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:23 pm
Kayana
Boot

Re: I got one too.

Denied4678 wrote:
could you get a close up pic section by section going by where the paper is folded?

I'll try to get some more pictures up after my camera is charged. Smile

geenna74 wrote:
Do you follow SitS or Lost? I have no idea what the letters are about. Those are the only things I can think of.

I did follow both, I think, unless the Lost one I'm thinking of is a different one... If I recall, they ran out of money in the economic crises and shut down. Definitely did follow SitS.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:33 pm
Angelus78
Entrenched

Well as far as the letter goes you should be getting more material soon Very Happy

PS too bad you don't have a scanner.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:39 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kayana
Boot

Ok, I took a few more pics. Sorry if some are a bit blurry. Just left the partial pictures of the letter in the original size so you guys can do whatever you want with it. Smile And nope, I don't have a scanner, unfortunately, so if someone else who got one could scan it in, that would be awesome.
Return_Address.jpg
 Description   Return Address
 Filesize   830.92KB
 Viewed   294 Time(s)

Return_Address.jpg

Letter_Top.jpg
 Description   Top half of letter
 Filesize   1.92MB
 Viewed   254 Time(s)

Letter_Top.jpg

Letter_Center.jpg
 Description   Center part of letter
 Filesize   1.88MB
 Viewed   244 Time(s)

Letter_Center.jpg

Letter_Bottom.jpg
 Description   Bottom half of letter
 Filesize   1.84MB
 Viewed   176 Time(s)

Letter_Bottom.jpg

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:54 am
Helvetica

I got this in the mail today as well. I participated in SitS, and I think that's the only ARG I've given my address out to, so I'm guessing this at the very least has something to do with 2K Games. As for the content, I'm guessing there's something retro going on with the name "Infinivac"- like Univac, a very early computer. My absolute best guess is that this has something to do with the upcoming downloadable content for Bioshock 2.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:26 pm
Loweryi
Greenhorn

Got this same exact letter!

I got this letter as well! I've managed to make out some of the address.

Besides Washington, D.C., 20010, the street address is something-something MacArthur Boulevard NW.

I am confused, but also really psyched. I was part of Something in the Sea but this doesn't have the same vibe to it; I also thought SitS was over since BioShock 2 is already out.

Intriguing!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:27 pm
Helvetica

Looking at Google Maps, MacArthur Blvd appears to be mostly partially residential, with the Georgetown Reservoir to one side. One ominous point is labeled "US Government" (but I suppose that's to be expected in DC). THere are a few media companies on the road, but none seem like they would be involved in any ARG.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:00 pm
sk82712
Kilroy

First post yay!

the paper seems to be from a company Neenah Paper. It's what seems to be a semi-expensive brand, Fox River. After more investigation, it seems that Neenah paper is not sold in DC. They do have distributors in Cali though. Two in LA, both of which seem to be OOG.

This has actually got me interested. I'm in.

EDIT: Maybe something with the logo...Eye...power...heartbeat...sinus rhythm??

If this is a secretive government contracting firm (IE stuff that the US G can't be affiliated with), it would make sense to use a cover firm ect ect.

Edit2: Wikipedia entry on this day in history on the day it was posted: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_3

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:36 pm
Kayana
Boot

I guess we can assume this has something to do with 2k Games then, as so far, everyone who got a letter followed SitS. Maybe this has something to do with Mafia II? It releases this summer and follows a WWII veteran who goes into a life of crime. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_II

If it has something to do with Bioshock 2 and the old SitS campaign, maybe it has to do with Inman and whatever happened on his end?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:09 pm
Loweryi
Greenhorn

Considering that the letter directly mentions WWII, I thought it might be Mafia II related as well.

I guess we may just have to wait and see what these other materials are that they send to find out!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:23 pm
Compulsory Basket
Unfettered

If this is being sent out to Order of the Pawns members, and that's the impression I've gotten from discussion on the 2K forums, I now have even more reason to regret not writing to Mark... :<

Thanks for posting photos! I'll be watching this like a camera hawk. If it is Bioshock related I might just die of excitement.

Can't wait to crack the address and start sending mail. I'm really struggling with the handwriting, but the bit before MacArthur Blvd could maybe be 9097, 9047, some number along those lines?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:23 pm
RMorrow
Kilroy

Letter Received.

Some High Res Images (sorry if takes a while to load) click for full size.

Here is the letter circulating.
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b217/kjdaniel/letter-1.jpg

And here is the envelope.
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b217/kjdaniel/envelope.jpg

Best I can tell is it is from 901 MacArthur Blvd NW, Washington, DC 20010.
Which is near the CIA building.

Since we are fairly smart bunch here figured we could try and solve this mystery.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:55 pm
Kayana
Boot

Compulsory Basket wrote:
If this is being sent out to Order of the Pawns members, and that's the impression I've gotten from discussion on the 2K forums, I now have even more reason to regret not writing to Mark... :<

Thanks for posting photos! I'll be watching this like a camera hawk. If it is Bioshock related I might just die of excitement.

Can't wait to crack the address and start sending mail. I'm really struggling with the handwriting, but the bit before MacArthur Blvd could maybe be 9097, 9047, some number along those lines?

Where on the 2K Forums are they discussing it? I checked, but I didn't find anything. Link please! Smile

Edit: Aha! Found it: http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67362

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:50 pm
Page 1 of 4 [56 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » Old News & Rumors
Jump to: