Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Your continued support keeps uF running!

The time now is Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:19 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: Cloverfield (1-18-08) » Cloverfield: Reference / Press / Questions
[REFERENCE] LIST OF GAMEJACKS, FANSITES, UNRELATED
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 6 of 6 [82 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
tMan930
Unfettered

Quote:
you might want to put a disclaimer on that one.

True, I didn't even look at it this time.

It changes periodically.

At first it was this picture:

But with the text cropped out, and I remember a friend believing that this was proof that the monster was cthluhu.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:26 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
polymedia
Boot

Re: http://godstilllovesus.org/
They talk about Tagruato without mentioning Cloverfield. IG? OOG?

kosmopol wrote:
Hi people,

I don't want to open new thread, 'cause perhaps it's just an OOG site.
But at the http://godstilllovesus.org/ you can find a strange rebellious Christian ecologic group, who are Believer? protectors of Earth (like Bandit Vert)?

Anyway, they post their pics, spray (?) graffiti around the world (?) and write in forum.

So they also write something about Slusho and Tagruato, but their texts show, they don't know, it's a viral site.
http://godstilllovesus.org/posts/search?q=Tagruato&commit=Search

Look at this (Topic: Mankind's Violation of Nature)

ElderThing wrote at 2nd December:

Quote:
...Now, something else I’ve been hearing a lot about is deep sea drilling. First it was for oil, and that was bad enough, but on the news now they’re talking about a Japanese company called Tagruato which is drilling for something no one understands on the ocean floor.

Have any of you heard anything about that? What do you think? Have we overstepped our boundaries?

And BlueSox answered:

Quote:
[...]Tagruato:
A Google search seems to indicate that the unique aspect of this company is that they’ve managed to build equipment capable of functioning at far greater depths than any other company, and thus can tap oil/petroleum reserves that were previously unreachable. I think the more interesting topic than “have we overstepped our boundaries” is, what are we going to do when peak oil finally hits?

[For those unfamiliar with the term: over time, the demand for oil grows steadily. At the same time, technology allows us to drill and produce more and more oil, and the rates of increase have been roughly similar. However, the amount of oil in the world is finite, and the easier to reach oil reserves are running out. Eventually, it is inevitable that technology will fail to advance fast enough, or we will simply drain all the oil reserves, and the amount of oil produced will peak, and start to drop off. Meanwhile, barring major behavioral changes by all of humanity, the demand will continue to grow. From there, it’s simple economics: demand rises AND supply falls, so price goes WAY WAY up. The scary think about peak oil is that unlike other end-of-the-world-or-at-least-civilization-as-we-know-it scenarios, peak oil is going to happen, and there’s nothing we can do to stop it.]

What is that? Some people mistake a fictious company for real one and use it for their own theories about mankind destroying the nature?

Or it's something more?

Well, it's out of game, but I wouldn't call it a gamejack. It's closer to AYBABTU-type thing, just a little less silly (and with some sort of corporate sponsorship--check out the contest).

All your base are belong to us...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_your_base_are_belong_to_us

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:37 pm
kosmopol
I Never Tire of My Own Voice

Oh, good old "AYBABTU"! I love memes, and I'll check that strange site out, how much time will it take for the people to understand, what Tagruato is, hehe

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:24 pm
tukmol
Veteran

Was Ethan Haas the famous amongst all list?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:07 pm
vorondill
Veteran

http://www.loveslusho.com/photos
I searched again and there is already a topic that mentions this site. But it's still not on your list of fansites.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:03 am
Polar Bear
Decorated

btw

since the recent update of 1-18-08.com (with the 7th image - Tagruato Ninjas) the "mirrored" site 0-00-00.com has not been updated...

im sure this was already determined to be a hack/fake
but I wanted to point out that lack of update...

How to use

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:55 pm
The Barmaid
Decorated

I predict blogspot 500 rad will end up here before it's all said and done ;-p

Offhand, does anyone remember that awesomely cool fan vid that parodied all our wild eyed speculations about Cloverfield, with the infamous

Have fun in Japan Bob!

I reeally would love to see it again.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:34 pm
Page 6 of 6 [82 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: Cloverfield (1-18-08) » Cloverfield: Reference / Press / Questions
Jump to: