Joined: 25 Jul 2004 Posts: 139
ClassifieD (Stop emailing me)
Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:42 pm
Last edited by Siege88 on Sat May 07, 2005 1:18 pm; edited 3 times in total
Joined: 04 Aug 2004 Posts: 124 Location: Boulder, CO
-Knows Macs, OS9/OSX
-Knows some Windows
-Video and audio editing
-Lots of journalism/writing knowledge
-Lots of science knowledge
-good at searching for stuff online
-Broadcast journalism-type camera work and "acting"
-various console gaming skills (probably not relevant, but why not list it)
I Could probably donate about 5 hours/week, maybe more. Depends on what exactly is needed. I can do more if it's stuff that I can do in front of the computer at 2 am or something. Daytime is scarce.
edit: I won't be available to work on an ARG until November.
Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:53 pm
Last edited by violentvixen on Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Joined: 11 Aug 2004 Posts: 19
Mac & PC based
Very skilled in photoshop (photomanipulation, correction, etc)
Photographer + Videographer (and I have the equiptment)
Plot/Charecter developtment (I'm an aspiring screenwriter)
Web Design (anything but flash)
Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:26 am
Joined: 25 Sep 2002 Posts: 460 Location: Carmel, Indiana
Ooo ooo ooo, pick me pick me!!!! Pleez!
- Adept at hopping up and down like an angry monkey (high-pitched screeching and poo-flinging optional)
- Can program 2 lines in BASIC:
10 PRINT "OMG STFU"
20 GOTO 10
- Mac, PC, Atari 2600, ColecoVision, and Texas Instruments TI-85 Advanced Scientific Graphing Calculator based
- Once met SpaceBass and was not too scared of his overwhelming suaveness
- Can edit some audio, if by "edit" you mean: "burp really loud into a microphone and then spend several pointless hours setting said burp to a totally bumpin' techno beat using a pirated copy of ProTools"
- Knows, like, all sorts of stuff about cool things. Does not speek 1337 fluently, but is willing to fake it
- Has Google programmed into his web browser as a BOOKMARK!!!! (OMFG, mad search skizzizzles)
- Can walk, chew gum and pick nose at same time
- Was totally never an actual evil PM. NEVER. Go away.
Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:03 pm
Joined: 28 Sep 2002 Posts: 3372 Location: Far Far Away. Nowhere Near You. Really.
As Ozy has so cleverly shown you (rather than explaining it clearly), being a PM is not just about computer skills. Content providers also are needed. Story, plot, characters, jokes. Probably a good game would need better content than Ozy's usual, but you get the point.
Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:22 pm
Joined: 14 Aug 2004 Posts: 9
Programming - I'm a jr game programmer so C++, Java, Win32/.Net, limited experience in openGL and DirectX8+ (hence Im a junior, but I doubt any of this will be useful ).
Basic Maya modelling and Animation
Photoshop - basic to intermediate. Foudn I love manipulating images to look for hidden things
Web stuff - I write static HTML pages by hand, anything else I couldnt give a stuff
Math and Phyiscs - not very creative here, usually ike to go with a given formula. Since I deal with linear algebra stuff mostly thats where I think I can contribute.
Video editing and compositing - have taken lots of projects here, quite experienced in a wide variety of tools. Combustion mostly for composting work.
Sound editing - basic stuff, loops, filters, doppler, fades etc
I originalyl came from a writing background, story/character development and the roleplaying aspect of IM's , Emails etc interest me most. I love the design/create the game part of game design more than the technical.
Like many here Im also a jack of al ltrades in many areas like history, anthropology, politics, sociology etc
Tempe, AZ (about an hour away from Phoenix). Originally Australian
email me at fathamburger SPLATgmail.com
Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:37 pm
Joined: 20 Aug 2004 Posts: 112
Newbie enthusiasm counts, right? right?
Extensive roleplaying experience
Sound editing/creating skills
Passable voice actor
Can build robots/animatronics/similar things
Knowledge of quantum mechanics and theory
Encryption skills (know how to crack Enigma)
Can obsessively focus on detail
The usual random puzzle and plot ideas
Haven't done much ARG-ing
Not much $$$
Somewhat tight schedule
Currently no access to GPS
It seemed like a good idea at the time.
Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:41 pm
Joined: 01 Aug 2004 Posts: 45
- Moderate C++ ability (nothing Win32-based, but some pretty darn good console coding)
- 1337 TI-BASIC skillz. You know it's important for every PM
- Good with Windows, fairly good with Linux
- Sound editing
- Good writer (game reviewer for two different sites, have written a few plays)
- I'm on an improv team (like Whose Line Is It Anyway), so I'm good at being quick on my feet with conversations, etc, and I also do quite a bit of acting (good for phone calls or whatnot)
- Have both a 4-megapixel digital camera and a decent video camera, as well as access to a local theater's large costume basement.
- Music composition, should the need arise. (I play piano and guitar and I sing)
Okay, so I'm not as good with coming up with puzzles, but if you're looking for a story or plot element (character, web site, what have you) I've got creativity coming out of my ass.
Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:33 pm
Joined: 07 Aug 2004 Posts: 39 Location: Austin, TX
Might as well post my info here, since I love the behind-the-scenes type of work..
- extensive RPG experience (since the D&D Basic box set...)
- LARP experience
- extensive Windows OS experience (OEM tech support 9+ years)
- basic Linux / basic C programming
- web design experience / basic HTML, basic Flash
- Master of Arts in Psychology
- Texas State Teaching Certification for English and Psychology
- journalism / editing / English instruction experience
- acting / music / improv experience
- MiSTing experience (warped sense of humor)
- lots of pointless pop-culture trivia-type knowledge
- little $$$
- little ARG experience
- strange hours (I work graveyard shift)
I'm in Austin, TX (GMT-6). You can contact me at lgarrett[AT]quasispace[DOT]org.
"I accept unreservedly the views of no man, living or dead." -- Horace Greeley, Recollections of a Busy Life
Sun Sep 05, 2004 1:42 am
Joined: 04 Sep 2004 Posts: 16
I'll give 'er a go. I'd like to give 'er a go as a PM. Just off the top of my head, here's the relevant info.
- I love this stuff. It satisfies some part of me that nothing else does.
- No experience in being a PM, but lots of keen ideas.
- Pretty good with web design (won a Silver for web design in the Skills Canada competition in my region, which was enough to get into the Provincials, but I pretty much bombed that).
- Good with making music and editing audio, especially making weird drawn out creepy sounds, which is always useful.
- Fairly good at using Windows Movie Maker and some other video editing software.
- I have a very specific idea that I know for a fact no other ARG has ever done.
- I'm a very good writer, very adept at making cryptic poetry and doing storylines. That's my strongest point.
- No graphic design skills.
- Programming skills are very limited.
- No Flash or Director skills.
E-mail me at ben SPLATbenserwa.com if interested in picking me up for a project.
Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:36 pm
Joined: 19 Oct 2004 Posts: 281
BUMP First off sorry for this bumpage of dead thread, but hey I'm new
Perl, XML, X/HTML, numerous CMS's
Experience with Apache, BIND, vsftpd, courier-*, PGP/GPG
Rundown: I can setup a site, and manage it to whatever specifications needed for plot lines, puzzles, and the like.
I've ran or helped ran a half-dozen or so player driven (GM Sanctioned) events in a few different MMORPGS.
I did theatre for 4 years in HS, Forensics for two (I did IDA, that's Improvised Duet acting [Who's line is it anyway], and Extemp).
I'm in the process of writing a book, sci-fi/thriller based.
I've particiapated in NaNoWriMo for two years.
Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:15 pm
Joined: 13 Apr 2004 Posts: 444 Location: London
Not to mention the fact that you're one of the Godfathers of 1337 uber haX0rs everywhere
simono: Master Chief needs free energy too you know.
Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:31 am
Joined: 16 Oct 2002 Posts: 18
... but hey I'm new
C'mon....I mean come on...Do you think that we don't know who you are???
Spoiler (Rollover to View):
The secret uber-lord of all that is archived and still exists as MAJESTIC.
I still haven't gotten my copies yet... (@)
"Be water my friend..."
Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:37 pm
Joined: 31 Aug 2004 Posts: 338 Location: High Point, NC
I don't have any computer skills beyond the basic stuff but I can respond to emails in character pretty well because I love to write and I love literature.
I can write a believable plot and characters and I'm good at coming up with things on the fly and improvising when needed.
So a basic list of what I can do would be:
-Characterization, in character stuff
- Research, background, stuff like that
Mostly I've been involved in:
-Lots and lots of Rpgs, some of which are almost ARG's
-very limited expirience with LARPs
-Plenty of writing expirience
email: kazic284 SPLATyahoo.com
The likelihood of world peace becoming a reality is about the same as a poke'mon materializing out of your DS and actually thanking you for your considerate care.
Playing: Star Trek and AID the World
Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:53 pm
Joined: 28 Aug 2004 Posts: 86
Just thought I would put my info out there.
I can do:
-psychological tricks (screening and manipulation)
My previous experience includes:
-running a real world gaming crew (privately owned company which would do puzzles/args offline) aka The Satanis Corporation (we're in the process of building a demo site)
-halloween treats (shhhh, don't tell anyone)
-building websites for companies (holistichealthpractice.biz, which has since been shut down along with their business)
More recently, I have been bts for a few projects which are currently in progress.
My contact info is as follows:
(replace # with @)
Test Everything, Believe Nothing.
Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:33 am
Display posts from previous: Sort by: All Posts 1 Day 1 Week 2 Weeks 1 Month 3 Months 6 Months 1 Year Post Time Post Subject Author Ascending Descending