Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
What is an ARG?
Read imbri's Quickstart Guide

The time now is Wed May 24, 2017 12:07 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Diversions » TimeWasters
RevoMaze for Kids!
Moderators: Giskard, ndemeter, ScarpeGrosse
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]  
SoCalSteve
Entrenched

RevoMaze for Kids!
RevoToy

Hello TimeWaster Readers! If you've been getting tired of hearing me talk about the Revomaze, theres probably a reason why, ITS A BAD ASS PUZZLE!

For those of you who have been thinking about getting a Revomaze, but just cant fork out the dough for a puzzle you arent sure you'll like, well heres your oppertunity to fix that.

For £20 or $30 you can have your very own. Weighing in at 1/3 the weight, these plastic versions have no small parts. Just 100% bitchin' plastic puzzle goodness. Kid tested, mother approved!

Pre-order one of these today and if you dont think its simply "the most intriguing puzzle on the planet" tell me why and I'll almost certainly buy it back from you. I say, "almost certainly" because 1)I dont work for RevoMaze in any fashion, and 2) the puzzle has got to be in good, unregistered condition. Well there you go...

Oh BTW, in you're a new customer, tell 'em RevoRabbit sent ya. There might be something in it for you.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:37 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Reply with quote Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
SoCalSteve
Entrenched

Official Review
RevoToy - Blue w/Black Body

So I got out of my meeting today in order to find a small package sitting on my desk from Ashton Pitt Ltd. Here's my official review:

The first thing I noticed was that the plastic black body and the aluminum black body look really similar. As a matter of fact, if I could remove the RevoToy shaft, Iíd play with the concept of switching the shafts. The wonderful thing is that it retains the classy black on gold REVOMAZE sticker on the front. Additionally, the shaft end has been changed. Instead of a 7-sided nut and the mostly immovable shelf, the shaft is smooth from end to end and capped with a similar sticker; white with gold dots which look like a flower or starburst. [REVOMASTER Update: The shaft ends will be gold like the main label with the maze 'R' logo color matching the shaft maze 'color'].

The initial physical difference is the fact that the puzzle now ways 1/3 of the weight. As we all know the first physical concept to reckon with when you first feel a RevoMaze is how incredibly heavy it is. Although the weight of the RevoToy is very appropriate for kids and adults alike, I really missed the weight. For a person who gets a RevoToy as their first Revo product, I think the weight is still rather impressive; especially for being 'just plastic'. I'm not sure that the RevoToy is easier, but I will admit I opened it in about 1 minute on my first try. In other words my RevoToy has been solved and is still "click" free.

In summary, I am very impressed with this puzzle. I will certainly be collecting the entire set of RevoToys. This I think will be particularly imperative for enthusiasts for 2 reasons. First of all, I have allowed a lot of people to try my puzzles and as a collectible item, they have started to develop 'character' however, Iíd rather them be pristine.

Secondly, kids take after adults and if you or someone you know is a puzzle lover, chances are thereís a kid watching thatís even more interested in your puzzles that you are. So let them have a go at the RevoToy. If 1 RevoToy is all you ever buy, than I think you have shared your joy of puzzling with others and that is a gift few ever get. Letís face it; most of us discovered a love for puzzles on our own.

Overall the operation is extremely smooth and very, very impressive. Furthermore, note that this opinion is even more valid after I have spent hours with the Blue, the Green, the Black, and the Bronze; the RevoToy is still very impressive! At £20 each, I think everyone should own one!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:32 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
ReVoMate
Boot

Great - thanks for posting a good initial review Very Happy

http://www.revomaze.co.uk/products/product1-8.htm

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:51 am
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]  
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Diversions » TimeWasters
Jump to: