Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
What is an ARG?
Read imbri's Quickstart Guide

The time now is Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:21 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » Low-Volume Games
[CHARLOTTE] Charlotte is becoming real
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 38 of 44 [659 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next
rebel2k4
Veteran

I could go...except that I would do it tomorrow.

Jason

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:56 am
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Tresbien
Unfictologist

rebel2k4 wrote:
I dont have a GPS unfortunately.

Jason

Jason, I think we could get a pretty good fix on the location from the area that Mapmaker linked and these Central Park maps if you feel in the mood for an adventure: http://www.centralpark.com/pages/map-it/maps.html It appears to me like it could be by the path that leads from the south end of Great Hill.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:57 am
rebel2k4
Veteran

I printed out the location...I think I can do it. I am going to try later today.....maybe.

Jason

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:16 pm
danteIL
Unfictologist

On Mapquest, you can see the location of the surrounding paths more clearly. The star is the location of the coordinates, and that loop above the star is the track around the Great Hill:
clarespoint.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   120.1KB
 Viewed   118 Time(s)

clarespoint.jpg

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:03 pm
addlepated
Unfictologist

Here's another thing to try - this lets you check out maps from a ton of online services:

http://www.boulter.com/gps/?c=N+40%B047.74%27+W+73%B057.57%27

Is there anyone around who can be rebel2k4's phone contact while he's on the ground in Central Park? I'm about to hit the road to head back home, and everyone in IRC is idle. You'd almost think they were eating Easter ham or something. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:40 pm
rebel2k4
Veteran

I am making the attempt tomorrow morning. Wish me luck.

Jason

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:35 pm
DavFlamerock
Entrenched

Good luck!

I've been following this but for some reason I really haven't gotten *in* on this story, and that makes me sad. Now I must make a greater effort to assist you guys Razz

Anyway, here's a transcript of the letter in case we need it in text rather than image form.
Letters of a Peculiar Nature wrote:
My dear Julia,
Now, of course you wonder why you hear from me through this way. I am in Albany here for the exact number of 50 days now and I wanted to tell you that I am doing fine and that you don’t have to worry about me. The doctors are doing a good job so that I feel like I am in caring hands here. They say that I am making great steps.

Outside my window, I can smell that spring has finally arrived which feels really great. There are all those changes in the park that set my thoughts free. When I open my window I can already smell the sweetness of the prosperous cherry tree blossoms and then I wish this could last forever. It feels so good.

What I always wanted to let you know, Julia… we know each other for such a long time now, but I have never told you how much I really like you and you being around me. I sometimes have the impression that we know each other for even longer than we really do and though we met only two years ago you are likely to be my sister that I always wanted but never had. There is a strong bond between you and me and I sometimes think that we must be identical twins. That’s why I miss you so much right now and why I am looking forward to see you again… someday soon!

Take care,
Clare

What I find interesting about this letter is that the phrasing seems all wrong--probably Clare isn't a natural English speaker, but if that isn't the case... then is something else at work here? I know this is wild speculation, but could Clare be another character come to life?

EDIT: I've struck up a conversation with Julia--without the desire to start an acquiantence by awkwardly asking personal questions like "do you know why does Clare go to a mental hospital regularly?", but I'm just throwing out there that such a question is one I plan on asking her in the near future.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:57 am
addlepated
Unfictologist

I've got a copy of Charlotte Sometimes coming in tomorrow, so I'm kind of waiting to read it before I start my interrogation of poor tender Julia. Twisted Evil

Best of luck tomorrow morning, rebel2k4! Twitter updates if you can. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:26 am
rebel2k4
Veteran

Heading out....

Jason

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:02 am
Tresbien
Unfictologist

I have to think that we're intended to make a connection to Charlotte Sometimes since first Julia and now Clare use "sometimes" twice in correspondence, and Clare talks about feeling like a twin to Julia:

Quote:
I sometimes have the impression that we know each other for even longer than we really do and though we met only two years ago you are likely to be my sister that I always wanted but never had. There is a strong bond between you and me and I sometimes think that we must be identical twins.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:32 am
addlepated
Unfictologist

Rebel2k4 was out there for hours but wasn't able to find anything. Sad Anyone lurking from NYC with a GPS? Looks like it might be a must-have.

Thanks so much for looking for so long, Jason! You went above and beyond the call of duty and for that, you get a three brownie salute. Brownie Brownie Brownie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:34 pm
danteIL
Unfictologist

Yes, many thanks for going out and searching in the wilds of Central Park. The problem is that we don't really know what we are looking for (another recorder??), so we probably really do need to be at the exact coordinates in order to find whatever it is. :\

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:03 pm
danteIL
Unfictologist

Doublepost:

Looking back at the letter, I spotted another 'dot' underneath the "h" in 'than' 4 lines from the bottom of the first page.

This changes the coordinates very slightly, to:

N 40°47.74' W 73°57.587'.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:23 pm
safelocked
Kilroy

Been lurking for a while, but pardon that I can't help with the coordinates too much. I can vouch for the dot under the 'h' though? Wink

I just wanted to make a note that I find it interesting that Jimmy's heading to the east coast for "friends and family" and that both Clare and Officer Martinez are in New York. Maybe Jimmy knows one of them?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:01 pm
rebel2k4
Veteran

That doesnt help me...I looked all over. Sad

Jason

I tried guys...but with no GPS...nothing.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:05 pm
Page 38 of 44 [659 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » Low-Volume Games
Jump to: