Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Your continued support keeps uF running!

The time now is Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:10 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » Low-Volume Games
[CHARLOTTE] Charlotte is becoming real
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 26 of 44 [659 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, ..., 42, 43, 44  Next
addlepated
Unfictologist

I have questions
26 burning questions - so far

I'll try to keep this list current with answers and with questions from other posters.

1. Who is talking on the tape? Penny says the man is not Krotzler, but the woman sounds familiar.
2. Is Penny trustworthy? She's said some really weird stuff.
3. Who is P.Martin? Why is he sending us the tapes?
4. Is there anything else in San Diego we have missed?
5. Are there more tapes floating around?
6. Is there anything else about the packaging that's important?
7. Do we need to read the book to play the ARG?
8. Is the inkblot on ivankrotzler.com significant?
9. Who did Krotzler meet on his walk? P.Martin? Are they one and the same? Or did P.Martin give Krotzler the Poor Puppy Story tape?
10. Where is Krotzler?
11. Are the song names on Krotzler's Facebook status updates significant? What about his favorites?
12. What's up with the two versions of the brain logo in Krotzler's Facebook profile pics?
13. Do we need to worry about Jimmy? Jimmy is now our point of contact.
14. The journal page. Was that a map on the front? A matrix? Why is Krotzler's handwriting so bad and why does he draw like a 3 year old?
15. Do we need to worry about Krotzler's boat? If so, what is it?
16. What's the deal with MPU-Berlin.org? Should we dig around?
17. What's the login to ivankrotzler.com/data? Ivan Krotzler/Sindbad
18. Is there a password on the back of the journal page, and what is it, and should we hack his Facebook?
19. Should we be pretending we know none of the information from the book?
20. The calendar page with "I have to stop this" on the back is obviously important. Why?
21. Would someone really hire an office assistant merely because she had the same name of a children's book author?
22. Where's the dog? Was there a dog? Is he fertilizing the garden now? Penny found the dog's remains in an "unfortunate condition" in Krotzler's garden, which drove her into a nervous breakdown. We have only Penny's (second hand) word that there was actually a dog body, though.
23. Labyrinth syndrome. Huh?
24. Who did Krotzler meet from MPU in the week before he disappeared? P.Martin?
25. Which MPU department was "way ahead"?
26. Is the journal cover significant? Because it sure is huge.
27. Could Penny actually be the woman on the tape?

What am I missing?

Edited with more.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:31 pm
Last edited by addlepated on Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:10 pm; edited 5 times in total
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
PostLarval
Entrenched

Just got an e-mail from Jimmy! Sent from the same help@ address.

Quote:
Hey,

it's Jimmy and I have some bad news.

The authorities phoned me today because Penny asked them to. She must have had a nervous breakdown and will now be examined in the hospital.

They told me that she went back to Krotzler's garden today where she found the remainings of a dog in an unfortunate condition.

Can't tell you, how long she has to stay in hospital. I just wanted to let you know.

Yours,
Jimmy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:11 pm
Tresbien
Unfictologist

For anyone who didn't get Jimmy's email, the subject line is: It's Jimmy.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:21 pm
addlepated
Unfictologist

You guys who are not in #therapy are missing comedy gold.

Quote:
21:19:25 <Taladan> I can see it now. Patient - "Doc, I'm just gonna do it. I'm just gonna kill myself tonight!" doc - "Mmmhmm" *doodles bird that looks like sattelite dish* "And how does zis make you feel about your mater?"

I think we're getting a little antsy. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:29 pm
fubarz
Veteran

Dog

I just got the book "Therapy" by Sebastian Fitzek and on the bookjacket there is is a photo of Fitzek with his dog (photo by Otto Volkmar) and it looks just like the dog in the photos in the "My crazy dog" photo album jpgs: n1449771434_30073103_4674652.jpg and n1449771434_30073103_4674652.jpg.
-------
fubarz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:45 am
labfly
Unfettered

nice list of questions, addlepated. Very Happy
as i'm reading them over i'm wondering
if penny is actually the patient on the tape - ?
we know we are dealing with someone (the patient
on tape) who has some serious mental health
issues - maybe she disassociates and doesn't
realize she's not herself? this may not make sense
but i'm trying hard to put it together in my head.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:21 am
Kazic
Unfettered

So what does finding the dog mean exactly?

Playing: Star Trek and AID the World

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:10 pm
addlepated
Unfictologist

labfly wrote:
nice list of questions, addlepated. Very Happy
as i'm reading them over i'm wondering
if penny is actually the patient on the tape - ?
we know we are dealing with someone (the patient
on tape) who has some serious mental health
issues - maybe she disassociates and doesn't
realize she's not herself? this may not make sense
but i'm trying hard to put it together in my head.

I think that's entirely possible.

I updated the question list with the answers we have so far, as well as with your question. I'll try to keep at least the answers up to date.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:48 pm
Kazic
Unfettered

The only thing i can think of is if penny is really our charlottle author and now she thinks maybe she really did have a dog and kill it. Or is this the Dr's dog and I'm way off?

Playing: Star Trek and AID the World

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:14 pm
addlepated
Unfictologist

By the way, Taladan specced last night in IRC that the alternate Krotzler logo with the broken brain represented a lobotomy. Lobotomies sever part of the prefrontal cortex, which is where the break seems to be -

http://bama.ua.edu/%7Esprentic/672%20aggression-brain.jpg

Also, some wikipediaing (is that a word?) came up with these nuggets:

Quote:
There is much current research devoted to understanding the role of the prefrontal cortex in neurological disorders. Many diseases, such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder and ADHD, have been related to dysfunction of the prefrontal cortex, and thus this area of the brain offers the potential for new treatments of these diseases...

It is believed that at least some of the human abilities to feel guilt or remorse, and to interpret reality, lie in the prefrontal cortex.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:49 pm
Tresbien
Unfictologist

New Email From Jimmy

Sounds like Penny might be up to a visitor tomorrow, which is a bit of good news. And, hopefully, a scan of the notebook page will be coming soon.

Quote:
I went to the hospital today, but the doctor didn't let me visit Penny. He told me that she still needs to be on her own and I should come back to visit her tomorrow.

So I went to the practice to search for the notebook that you mentioned, but I couldn't find it. Hopefully Penny can tell me tomorrow where she put it so that I can scan it for you.

Jimmy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:09 pm
addlepated
Unfictologist

I asked him a bunch of questions, plus bit the bullet and asked what the data directory was, hoping he'd spout off a password or something.

Quote:
I skimmed over some of the older emails, but I don't have any answers to most of those questions. I will try to go and visit Penny tomorrow again. Then I may ask her some of those questions. The doctor didn't allow me to see her today. He said that she has to stay on her own right now to recover from her nervous breakdown.

If Penny tells me where to find that notebook, I will try to scan it for you.

Dr. Krotzler's website includes a /data directory that he can use to gain access to his patiens database from any location in the world. He sometimes used to visit his patients in their homes instead of his practice and there he could go online to look up their data.

Jimmy

Ugh, ugh, ugh. Another day? Ugh. Ugh!

ETA: I also asked Jimmy if the tapes rang a bell, and he said:

Quote:
No, sorry. It doesn't sound familiar to me, which is no big surprise to me either. I usually don't get in touch with patients data that often. It's more the programming stuff that I work on.

So that rules out Krotzler and Penny being on the tapes, unless Krotzler and/or Penny has a raging case of multiple personality disorder.

Hmm, I wonder what Sebastian Fitzek's voice sounds like. Razz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:24 pm
Tresbien
Unfictologist

A little while ago I sent an email to Jimmy letting him know that Ivan's facebook pw is on the notebook page. Here's his reply:

Quote:
I still haven't found the notebook. If Penny can tell me tomorrow where she put it, I'll give it a try.

Jimmy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:57 pm
PostLarval
Entrenched

Here's what I got from Jimmy Tuesday evening.

In response to a list of questions I sent Penny just before her breakdown:

Quote:
Penny is still in hospital. I wanted to visit here today, but the doctor didn't allow it.

I can't help you with your questions, but I'll go and try to visit Penny tomorrow again. Then I'll ask her some of them.

Jimmy

And in response to asking him if there was anything at all he could tell me about the Dr. and his disappearance:

Quote:
All I can say is that the doctor's disappearance was more than a surprise to any of us, but as I said before I'll try and talk to Penny tomorrow.

Jimmy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:00 am
OwlGirl
Kilroy

addlepated wrote:
By the way, Taladan specced last night in IRC that the alternate Krotzler logo with the broken brain represented a lobotomy. Lobotomies sever part of the prefrontal cortex, which is where the break seems to be -

http://bama.ua.edu/%7Esprentic/672%20aggression-brain.jpg

Also, some wikipediaing (is that a word?) came up with these nuggets:

Quote:
There is much current research devoted to understanding the role of the prefrontal cortex in neurological disorders. Many diseases, such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder and ADHD, have been related to dysfunction of the prefrontal cortex, and thus this area of the brain offers the potential for new treatments of these diseases...

It is believed that at least some of the human abilities to feel guilt or remorse, and to interpret reality, lie in the prefrontal cortex.

Coming out of a lurking state for the first time to say I'm glad you caught that one. "Frontal lobotomy" was my first thought upon seeing those images. . . Which I find really disturbing because most doctors now see lobotomies as butchery except in dire situations (like severe epilepsy for example). It's very odd that a shrink would use that as a symbol.

On that note the comparatively healthy brain seems to have a problem as well. The right frontal hemisphere is either disconnected from the left, or a piece is missing. Or it's a stylistic thing that means nothing at all! lol I really think the lobotomized brain is significant though.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:53 pm
Page 26 of 44 [659 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, ..., 42, 43, 44  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » Low-Volume Games
Jump to: