Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Got a jones for some uF swag?
Visit Ye Olde Tradin' Post!

The time now is Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:12 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » Low-Volume Games
[CHARLOTTE] Charlotte is becoming real
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 24 of 44 [659 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, ..., 42, 43, 44  Next
outofvogue
Boot

postlarval

Hey PostLarval, do you know where La Jolla is? I think that this may be a good lead.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:03 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
addlepated
Unfictologist

These are the items that Penny scanned for me. Taladan tracked down the flyer to an exhibit at UPenn.
front.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   59KB
 Viewed   126 Time(s)

front.jpg

back.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   35.32KB
 Viewed   105 Time(s)

back.jpg

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:52 pm
outofvogue
Boot

Am I Crazy?

I don't know if I'm crazy or does any one else see the cat head in the shark?

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh36/decoD3V1L/2611_1024984112086_1449771434_30084.jpg

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:03 am
addlepated
Unfictologist

Here's a pass at trying to decode some of the stuff in the journal. "Verstoert" means "disturbed" in English. It's spelled wrong in the journal (if that's the right word). Makes it hard to google. Razz I hunted down a German speaker and bugged him about it.
krotzler-journal.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   127.63KB
 Viewed   135 Time(s)

krotzler-journal.jpg

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:10 am
ineffabelle
Unfettered

Trying to make out what's on the reversed side. Don't know if this will help...
page.jpg
 Description   Flipped and enhanced in an attempt to make out the reverse side...
 Filesize   270.51KB
 Viewed   121 Time(s)

page.jpg

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:41 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
 ICQ Number 
addlepated
Unfictologist

Here's my go at it... I'm terrible at this!
page-reverse.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   91.45KB
 Viewed   121 Time(s)

page-reverse.jpg

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:44 am
addlepated
Unfictologist

Okay - on my to-do list:

1) Post a list of all the things we need to figure out, like the /data login and whether there's something more at MPU-berlin.org.

2) Post a list of all the weird stuff Penny has said, because obviously the woman is off her rocker. I'm wondering if she's really Krotzler or something.

I really hope she doesn't totally cut us off of any clues all weekend, because we're going slow enough already and I think we don't have enough players yet to reach true hive-mindedness, so we're gonna need more nudges or strokes of lightning to get us to the right place. I love where this is going, I just wish we could get a little more activity.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:04 am
drizjr
Unfictologist

page.jpg

And another version of page.jpg is attached.
charlotte page2.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   97.67KB
 Viewed   160 Time(s)

charlotte page2.jpg

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:16 am
addlepated
Unfictologist

Okay, driz thinks the top left figure looks more like a bird with its beak open. Possible pointer to Twitter? I think it's a sad, sad bird, but definitely possibly maybe a bird. With mange.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:31 am
addlepated
Unfictologist

The chart thingie on the left has a different number of squares going across than the one on the right, and there's a dot on each chart thing in a different place, and there's a notation which may or may not read "bij."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bijective_numeration

Could we possibly have to convert something from one chart thing to the other chart thing? Or something? With the bijective whozit?

Math makes Addlepated's head hurt, and it has a side effect of making her speak in the third person.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:20 am
Ghadhean
Boot

addlepated wrote:
The chart thingie on the left has a different number of squares going across than the one on the right, and there's a dot on each chart thing in a different place, and there's a notation which may or may not read "bij."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bijective_numeration

Could we possibly have to convert something from one chart thing to the other chart thing? Or something? With the bijective whozit?

Math makes Addlepated's head hurt, and it has a side effect of making her speak in the third person.

Looks like matrix notation to this lurker.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matrix_(mathematics)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:41 am
danteIL
Unfictologist

Ghadhean wrote:

Looks like matrix notation to this lurker.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matrix_(mathematics)

I think I agree with Ghadhean. The notation at the far left of the connected dots is definitely:

ai

bi

And down below those cross-hatched squares there is:

aijbij

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:00 am
Merago
Unfettered

Re: Am I Crazy?

outofvogue wrote:
I don't know if I'm crazy or does any one else see the cat head in the shark?

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh36/decoD3V1L/2611_1024984112086_1449771434_30084.jpg

No, I see that too, there's very definitely two cat's eyes in there. They do look quite widely spaced apart, perhaps they're from a big cat? A tiger maybe, to signify a tiger shark? I dunno.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:12 am
 ICQ Number 
outofvogue
Boot

second third set of penny emails

Here are the third set of emails sent by Penny Farmer

Reply to danteIL

Quote:
Dear Dante

Someone else asked me the exact same question but I still cannot tell you for sure whether those tapes are the ones that were stolen from our practice or not. The woman's voice doesn't resemble any of our patient's voice. The voice of the man doesn't ring a bell either. It doesn't sound familiar and it doesn't sound like Mr. Krotzler.

Best regards,
Penny
Practice Ivan Krotzler, PhD
[b]

Reply to Tresbien

Quote:
Dear Mrs. Tresbien

There was always a strong tie between Mr. Krotlzer and his patients. He listened to their problems and their concerns and he always found a way to alleviate their troubles. That's why they feel as shocked as I do about his disappearance.

No. I actually already sensed some first indications of his changing mood a few weeks before someone broke into our practice. I cannot tell you what was going on with him because he never really talked about any private matters with me. That's why I don't know where to start to search for him. I wouldn't even know about any relatives that can I get in contact with in order to see whether they might have heard of him in the last days.

The authorities couldn't help me much. They just asked a bunch of questions without any coming out of that, really. After the interrogation, we went to his house together, but he wasn't there.

Do you know about those spooky ghost stories? I felt like being put into one of those stories when we entered his apartment: Everything was neat and clean and looked normal. Nothing seemed to be touched for the last couple of days and the atmospheare was very strange in there. In the end we found nothing in there that could have given us a hint on what had happened to Mr. Krotzler.

Best regards,
Penny

Third Reply to enaxor

Quote:
Dear Janine,

I looked up both names in our patients database but could not identify them there. I myself have never heard these names before. Well actually there was someone else asking for one of these names as well.

Best regards,
Penny

Followed by the Forth Reply to enaxor

Quote:
Dear Roxanne

I'm sorry, but I got mixed up with an email adress. The last email should go to someone else. Maybe you know her.

Best regards,
Penny

Third Reply to addlepated

Quote:
Dear Dee,

Some of Mr. Krotzler's patients are authors. He told me one day that many of them suffer from a recognized occupational disease which is known to hit them at a certain point of their lives. Some of them put themselves in the shoes of one of their characters to a degree at which they are not able to find their way out it in the end. He refers to it as the 'Labyrinth-Syndrome' I think. As far as I know he has done some thorough research on that topic.

There were some first indications of him changing his temper mood some time before the burglary.
On the one hand that these things seems to be connected somehow, but on the other hand there is no evidence for this assumption. Isn't that confusing?

Oh you mean the link to the Private University of Medical Sciences in Berlin, Germany (MPU)? They called here about once a week over the last months and I always had to put through this English-speaking man who had a rather thick German accent, but also a really friendly and soft voice in comparison to Mr. Krotzler. Sometimes, Mr. Krotzler used to talk about that institution in a way of uttermost respect. When he did so, he never forgot to tell me about one of their research departments which was "way ahead". In the week before his disappearane I had to arrange an appointment for Mr. Krotzler with someone from MPU, because he wanted to meet one of their researchers that week here in San Diego.

As I have promised you yesterday I took my camera with me today and Jimmy uploaded the pictures that I have taken to our webspace. On the first one you can see the note and on the other one you can see the back of the page that the note was written on to.

http://www.ivankrotzler.com/photos/back.jpg
http://www.ivankrotzler.com/photos/front.jpg

Best regards,
Penny

Another response to addlepated
Quote:
Dear Dee

thank you very much for forwarding this to me. I will listen to it before I start off for my trip to my aunt. She asked me to visit her this weekend, because Neena - her daughter - is having birthday on saturday and I will go and help her a little bit.

Reply to PostLarval

Quote:
Dear [PostLarval]

Now that is really a lot of information that you have gathered from that Facebook account!

March 15th?

And some of those photos do look familiar. Too bad that I cannot go out to look for those locations depicted on the photos at this weekend because I promised my aunt to visit her and to help her with the kids. You know, it's Neena's 9th birthday tomorrow and a dozen of her friends will sleep over for the weekend. That will help me to distract myself a little bit from all these events, but I won't be able to check or answer any emails there. Lazy bitch!

You have found the photos of the dog, too? You know what is really strange about those photos? Mr. Krotzler never mentioned that dog to me. I didn't know he had a dog! I must admit - I really don't know much about that man.

There hasn't been a dog in the house when I went there with the police to look for Mr. Krotzler. There hasn't even been a feeding bowl for a dog. I didn't check the garden, though. You must know that Mr. Krotzler does have a rather spacious garden. This is starting to give me a headache.

Best regards,
Penny

[/b]Reply to me or outofvogue

Quote:
Dear Mr. Neutral,

Actually, Mr. Krotzler didn't have a car. He always said that he thought it was his destiny to study people. And he would never have the chance to do so by sitting in his car, on his own, and steering along one of the roads. However, I know that he owns a boat.

I have never been on that boat, but he mentioned to me some day that it is located somewhere out of La Jolla.

Best regards,
Penny

I think that we need to collaborate on the questions we are gonna ask Penny in our next set of emails so we don't ask a lot of the same questions and so Penny doesn't get our emails mixed up.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:15 pm
Peacemaker
Veteran

well I've been away for a bit...things got a little crazy...but looks like I came back at the right time, this seems quite interesting.

Just finished reading through everything to catch up, did anyone mention the name Charlotte to Penny Farmer??

And I'm thinking that picture of the notebook page isn't going to give anything by simply trying to read the horrid handwriting. Someone said two of the pics found on the facebook page were stegged (Taladan - said he didnt have the stuff to desteg...has anyone done that yet??). Has anyone run a steg on the notebook pictures yet?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:56 pm
Page 24 of 44 [659 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, ..., 42, 43, 44  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » Low-Volume Games
Jump to: