Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
The Project MU Archives
Now available in stunning full-color print edition.

The time now is Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:13 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » Low-Volume Games
[CHARLOTTE] Charlotte is becoming real
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 23 of 44 [659 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, ..., 42, 43, 44  Next
addlepated
Unfictologist

These were under the "My crazy dog" photo album. No captions.
n1449771434_30073103_4674652.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   35.32KB
 Viewed   137 Time(s)

n1449771434_30073103_4674652.jpg

n1449771434_30073104_7155149.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   38.6KB
 Viewed   136 Time(s)

n1449771434_30073104_7155149.jpg

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:10 am
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
drizjr
Unfictologist

Dr. Krotzler's Facebook
updates are lyrics

This was talked about in irc chat; how the doctor's updates on Facebook are lyrics to different songs. Maybe there's a puzzle here to help find passwords for stegged photos or the /data page? Looking at his "crazy dog" on the stairs, makes we wonder if it's one of those step puzzles.
Quote:

March 9 The weight is a gift
Going downtown to meet a friend of mine

March 10 Nothing as it seems. How true.

March 13 Had a strange encounter yesterday evening when I went for a walk on the beach. It's a small world.

March 14 Heard some disturbing noises in the backyard last night. Hopefully it was not, what I suppose it was.

Just a little bit of history repeating?

March 15 The Walk (a series of photos)

And two photos of his "crazy dog."

1- The Weight Is a Gift by Nada Surf (eta: This one is different. It's not a song title; it's an album title.)
2- Nothing as It Seems by Pearl Jam
3- ? I'm not sure about this one. Maybe it's The Beatles' Yesterday, or It's a Small World, or something else?
eta: Strange Encounter by Steel Prophet (found by addlepated)
4- History Repeating by Propellerheads /Shirley Bassey
5- The Walk by The Cure

6- Crazy dog by Big Bang (may or maybe not part of a puzzle, if it is one. Smile )

eta: Just the artists' names
1- Nada Surf
2- Pearl Jam
3- Steel Prophet
4- Propellerheads
5- The Cure

6- Big Bang

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:48 pm
Last edited by drizjr on Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
danteIL
Unfictologist

Because I want them all in one place -

Emails from Penny Farmer:

Initial email reply
Quote:
Thank you for bringing this information to our attention. As you might imagine we are highly concerned about this incident.

We would greatly appreciate it if you keep your knowledge about the patient data secret unless you are contacted by the authorities.

Currently, our practice is closed due to personal reasons.
Thank you very much again for your support in this matter!

Best regards,
Penny Farmer
Practice Ivan Krotzler, PhD

Reply to Tresbien:
Quote:
Thank you for your help, I greatly appreciate that.

Dana King? Who is that? And why would someone steal those tapes and send it to her? And who is this P. Martin? Yesterday I received a plethora of e-mails with lots of information about the burglary. Others have mentioned that name, too. Do you know him?

To be honest with you, I am currently going through a hard time.
It's not only the burglary which worries me...

You can imagine that I am deeply concerned about this development. If you have obtained any further information in the meantime I would be grateful if you passed them on to me.

Reply to Addlepated:
Quote:
It's not only the burglary which worries me. I find it even more disturbing that Mr. Krotzler has disappeared without a trace. He was last seen on Friday at around 7 pm when he left his practice. I haven't heard of him since then.

Maybe a transcript would help to find out, whether those tapes were taken from our practice. On the other hand it would be helpful to hear a short part of it. Do you think you can provide me a short audio-file of one of them?

Reply to outofvogue:
Quote:
Thank you for your reply. I greatly appreciate your help since I am currently going through a hard time.

It's not only the burglary which worries me. I find it even more disturbing that Mr. Krotzler has suddenly disappeared.

I really don't know why that is on our website. That hasn't been there before. Thank you for pointing me to it. I belive that it was one of Jimmy's jokes again. He is our administrator and he programmed our website. Sometimes he thinks he is funny, but he really isn't. Note: this is about the Licensed Clinical Psychiatrist mistake

Reply to JRODCA:
Quote:
Thank you for your reply. I greatly appreciate your offer for help.

There was no specific data taken, as far as I can tell you. It really looked quite random to me. But the only person who can tell you anything about that in detail is Mr. Krotzler. Though he has dissapeared some days ago now and I haven't seen him since then.

The thief did not damage any furnishing. Can you imagine that? Everything looked like it was in place, except for some of the patients data and tapes.

Reply to mekdahl:
Quote:
Thank you for your reply. I greatly appreciate your offer for help.
To be honest with you, I am currently going through a hard time.
It's not only the burglary which worries me. I find it even more disturbing that Mr. Krotzler has disappeared without a trace.

He was last seen on Friday when he left his practice. I haven't heard of him since then. So I am sorry, but I can not provide you with any way to get in contact with him, because I am hardly looking out for this, too. I am Mr. Krotzler's assistant

Reply to Addlepated:
Quote:
I am so very glad to be in touch with you because I feel that you really care for the difficult situation that I am in. I am Mr. Krotzler's assistant and support him in administering the practice.

As far as I know, Mr. Krotzler has no relatives here in the U.S. Actually, he is from Germany but he doesn't seem to enjoy talking about his time there. I have absolutely no indication of where he might go next, but he seemed rather troubled during the week before he left.

I guess I checked his desk a hundred times, but I didn't come across anything which could help. All I've found so far was an intriguing note in the trash that was written in his handwriting saying: "I have to stop this."

I have listened to the audio file you linked. All I can say is that the man's voice is not the voice of Dr. Krotzler. I am not really sure about the woman's voice, but she reminds me of one of Krotzler's female patients, though I cannot say that for sure.

Reply to Tresbien:
Quote:
First and foremost please let me ensure you that I am really grateful that somebody is interested in the things that are happening here. In troubled times like these it is good to know that there is somebody out there who I can share my thoughts with. Thank you for that!

To answer your question: I am Mr. Krotzler's assistant and I've been working in his practice for three years now. It's been a good work relationship between him and me. He has been perfectly reliable in every respect and his patients were truly pleased with the treatment that they received from Dr. Krotzler.

Therfore, I found it quiet odd when I realized a sudden change in his temper a few weeks ago. I asked him what was wrong with him, but his answers were vague and evasive and I didn't seem able to get through to him.

It might sound strange, but when I was asked who he was, I suddenly realized that I actually knew nothing about him. I wish I knew what it was that has caused his distress! Maybe I could find out where he is right now.

Reply to enaxor:
Quote:
P.Martin? That name sounds quite suspicious to me since it was mentioned by others in their emails to me over the last days. Who is that person? I don't know anybody with that name. I looked it up in our patients database without any luck. Do you know anything about P.Martin?

My employer, Mr. Krotzler, has disappeared out of a sudden. I have absolutely no idea where he might be right now, but - believe me - I really wish I knew. I was quite busy the over days informing all of Mr. Krotzler's patients about the current situation here and I had to cancel all the appointments for this week.

Now I searched again through all of Mr. Krotzler's things in his room. I did that a dozen of times in the last days and I wasn't lucky at all doing that, but this time was different, because I found his notebook. It was sitting behind his cabinet and the wall and I hadn't seen it until I reached behind the cabinet with my whole arm. There wasn't much to read in it except for something that looked like a password. I tried it on our system but it didn't work and I have no idea what door it may open.

Reply to PostLarval:
Quote:
Mr. Krotzler is been missing since last Friday, March 13th. He left the practice at 7 pm and that was the last time I have seen him. Of course I informed the police about his disappearence. They asked me a lot of questions. I really had the impression that they somehow wanted to find any connection between the burglary and the disappearence of Mr. Krotzler, but they couldn't find any evidence for that just based on my answers.

Reply to addlepated:
Quote:
Maybe I have to listen to the recording again, but the man's voice doesn't sound familiar to me, and is also not similar to the voice of Mr. Krotzler. That is why I can't tell you for sure whether this recording was stolen from our practice or not.

Well, I really start to wonder about that name that you are asking me about more and more. I've never heard of a P.Martin before and it doesn't ring a bell for me. However, there are other people who were asking me about this name. That makes me believe that this person is somehow involved into what's going on right now.

Mr. Krotzler never talked about his family to me. And he did not mention any relatives either. Only that one day - a long time ago - he told me, that he had employed me because my name reminded him of his favorite author who goes by the same name.

I will take my camera with me tomorrow and take a picture of the note to send it to you by email. I hope that is okay? The note was written on a sheet of paper which was laying rumpled in the trash.

Reply to PostLarval:
Quote:
No, sorry. I couldn't figure out anything special and there haven't been any strange happenings on or around Friday, March 13th, except for one thing: Mr. Krotzler slightly changed his temper in the last few weeks. He didn't talk much about the burglary, but you could see that he was more than upset about what had happened.

Now I searched again through all of Mr. Krotzler's things in his room. And I must be a lucky person today, because I found Mr. Krotzler's notebook between his cabinet and the wall. There wasn't much to read in it except for something that looked like a password, but that one did not work for the computers in our practice. And when I read your email and clicked on that link, I was asked to login with an email address and a password. Now guess what happened... I am not familiar with Facebook, but that password really worked on that login screen. It looked like a page with some information about Mr. Krotzler. And there were a lot of messages reading something like "... added you as a friend".

I will dig deeper into that, but I have to leave for the evening in about 30 minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:47 pm
PostLarval
Entrenched

For those not on Facebook, here's Dr. Krotkler's list of favorites. Might be some kl00s in here:

Quote:
Interests:
The human mind, dogs, books

Favorite Music:
Ludwig van Beethoven, Symphony No.9 - a true masterpiece
The Cure
Curiosity Killed the Cat
Amy Winehouse
Gorrilaz

Favorite TV Shows:
Eliah Stone
Psych
Pushing Daisys
Six Feet Under
House

Favorite Movies:
Annie Hall
Metropolis
Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
The Pledge
Homo faber

Favorite Books:
The Road Less Travelled
Run, Jane, Run
Homo faber
The Bonfire of the Vanities
Misery

Favorite Quotations:
“If you can't do it, give up!” (Sigmund Freud)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:14 pm
Jalathas
Decorated

Hey, just caught up with this (and will have to catch up again in a few days since I'm leaving for the weekend *sigh*) but I figured I'd throw in the fairly obvious suggestion that someone get the password from his notebook and try to use it on the data/login page.

EDIT: Oh, dur de dur. That already got used. So that makes my post entirely useless, as opposed to only mostly useless. Apologies.
What was asked is given; the price is paid.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:15 pm
addlepated
Unfictologist

No Penny love for anyone today, huh?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:01 pm
danteIL
Unfictologist

Penny loves me so much she decided to write back and share information that we already knew... [I asked if these were the same tapes that were stolen and if anything else was missing]

Quote:
Dear Dante

Someone else asked me the exact same question but I still cannot tell you for sure whether those tapes are the ones that were stolen from our practice or not. The woman's voice doesn't resemble any of our patient's voice. The voice of the man doesn't ring a bell either. It doesn't sound familiar and it doesn't sound like Mr. Krotzler.

Best regards,
Penny

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:00 pm
outofvogue
Boot

facebook

i think there must be something on his facebook page that we are overlooking. I'll keep on trying to find connections until Penny gets back to us with e-mails.

****Sorry forgot to read the other posts.****

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:03 pm
Last edited by outofvogue on Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Taladan
Boot

Fence Writing

Hey, at drizjr's request in the channel, I've done a little work on the writing on the fence (writing on the wall? The moving finger has writ and thus moved on?) and am posting it here. This was taken from the original image and modified for purposes of trying to see if there's a clue there, I do not hold the copyright to the image and it was used without permission.

Tal
fence-writing.jpg
 Description   Fence Writing
 Filesize   20.31KB
 Viewed   148 Time(s)

fence-writing.jpg

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:20 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Tresbien
Unfictologist

Email from Penny Farmer

Quote:
Dear Mrs. Tresbien

There was always a strong tie between Mr. Krotlzer and his patients. He listened to their problems and their concerns and he always found a way to alleviate their troubles. That's why they feel as shocked as I do about his disappearance.

No. I actually already sensed some first indications of his changing mood a few weeks before someone broke into our practice. I cannot tell you what was going on with him because he never really talked about any private matters with me. That's why I don't know where to start to search for him. I wouldn't even know about any relatives that can I get in contact with in order to see whether they might have heard of him in the last days.

The authorities couldn't help me much. They just asked a bunch of questions without any coming out of that, really. After the interrogation, we went to his house together, but he wasn't there.

Do you know about those spooky ghost stories? I felt like being put into one of those stories when we entered his apartment: Everything was neat and clean and looked normal. Nothing seemed to be touched for the last couple of days and the atmospheare was very strange in there. In the end we found nothing in there that could have given us a hint on what had happened to Mr. Krotzler.

Best regards,
Penny

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:24 pm
enaxor
I Have No Life

New email from Penny with a link to a couple of pictures.

Penny wrote:
Dear Roxanne

We do not have a scanner here at the practice, but I promised someone yesterday that I would take my camera with me today and take some pictures. You can see Mr. Krotzler's notebook-cover on the first one. The second one shows a strange drawing and some of his illegible notes. I don't know if you can read them - I have a hard time deciphering them - but he always used to have a rather terrible handwriting. The other pages were blank except for one. However, I didn't take a photo of that one because there was the password written on it.

As I now by know it was the password to login to Mr. Krotzler's Facebook account, and I don't feel comfortable giving that away.

Jimmy uploaded the photos to our webspace, so that you can download them:
http://www.ivankrotzler.com/photos/cover.jpg
http://www.ivankrotzler.com/photos/page.jpg

Best regards,
Penny

ETA*

*I sent a second email to Penny yesterday asking about the dog photos and if she would expect my friend request on Facebook...

Penny wrote:
Dear Roxanne

Yes, that is right. I found the password to Mr. Krotzlers Facebook account yesterday and I accepted all those friend requests that were awaiting approval yesterday. Of course I will accept yours, too.

You know what is really strange about those photos? Mr. Krotzler never mentioned that dog to me. I didn't know he had a dog! I must admit - I really don't know much about that man.

There hasn't been a dog in the house, when I went there with the police to look after Mr. Krotzler. There hasn't even been a feeding bowl for a dog. Okay, I didn't check the garden, though. You must know that Mr. Krotzler does have a rather spacious garden. Do you think...

Best regards,
Penny

ETA**

And then I got these emails...

Penny wrote:
Dear Janine,

I looked up both names in our patients database but could not identify them there. I myself have never heard these names before. Well actually there was someone else asking for one of these names as well.

Best regards,
Penny

followed by...

Penny wrote:
Dear Roxanne

I'm sorry, but I got mixed up with an email adress. The last email should go to someone else. Maybe you know her.

Best regards,
Penny

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:25 pm
Last edited by enaxor on Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Tresbien
Unfictologist

Thought I'd add my try at the fence writing:
fencewriting.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   64.08KB
 Viewed   157 Time(s)

fencewriting.jpg

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:40 pm
addlepated
Unfictologist

New stuff from Penny - seems like it might be useful somehow. Halp?

Quote:
Dear Dee,

Some of Mr. Krotzler's patients are authors. He told me one day that many of them suffer from a recognized occupational disease which is known to hit them at a certain point of their lives. Some of them put themselves in the shoes of one of their characters to a degree at which they are not able to find their way out it in the end. He refers to it as the 'Labyrinth-Syndrome' I think. As far as I know he has done some thorough research on that topic.

There were some first indications of him changing his temper mood some time before the burglary.
On the one hand that these things seems to be connected somehow, but on the other hand there is no evidence for this assumption. Isn't that confusing?

Oh you mean the link to the Private University of Medical Sciences in Berlin, Germany (MPU)? They called here about once a week over the last months and I always had to put through this English-speaking man who had a rather thick German accent, but also a really friendly and soft voice in comparison to Mr. Krotzler. Sometimes, Mr. Krotzler used to talk about that institution in a way of uttermost respect. When he did so, he never forgot to tell me about one of their research departments which was "way ahead". In the week before his disappearane I had to arrange an appointment for Mr. Krotzler with someone from MPU, because he wanted to meet one of their researchers that week here in San Diego.

As I have promised you yesterday I took my camera with me today and Jimmy uploaded the pictures that I have taken to our webspace. On the first one you can see the note and on the other one you can see the back of the page that the note was written on to.

http://www.ivankrotzler.com/photos/back.jpg
http://www.ivankrotzler.com/photos/front.jpg

Best regards,
Penny

(and in response to my sending her the link to the full download of all the audio:)

Quote:
Dear Dee

thank you very much for forwarding this to me. I will listen to it before I start off for my trip to my aunt. She asked me to visit her this weekend, because Neena - her daughter - is having birthday on saturday and I will go and help her a little bit.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:08 pm
PostLarval
Entrenched

I took "The Walk" today... long story short, I didn't find the Dr.'s body. I'll post a recap later tonight, but I'm super late for an evening out. In the mean time, here's my latest e-mail from Penny-

Quote:
Dear [PostLarval]

Now that is really a lot of information that you have gathered from that Facebook account!

March 15th?

And some of those photos do look familiar. Too bad that I cannot go out to look for those locations depicted on the photos at this weekend because I promised my aunt to visit her and to help her with the kids. You know, it's Neena's 9th birthday tomorrow and a dozen of her friends will sleep over for the weekend. That will help me to distract myself a little bit from all these events, but I won't be able to check or answer any emails there. Lazy bitch!

You have found the photos of the dog, too? You know what is really strange about those photos? Mr. Krotzler never mentioned that dog to me. I didn't know he had a dog! I must admit - I really don't know much about that man.

There hasn't been a dog in the house when I went there with the police to look for Mr. Krotzler. There hasn't even been a feeding bowl for a dog. I didn't check the garden, though. You must know that Mr. Krotzler does have a rather spacious garden. This is starting to give me a headache.

Best regards,
Penny

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:19 pm
outofvogue
Boot

email reply

I asked Penny if Ivan had a car or a boat, because he has the road and the ocean in the background of his photos.
She responded

Quote:
Dear Mr. Neutral,

Actually, Mr. Krotzler didn't have a car. He always said that he thought it was his destiny to study people. And he would never have the chance to do so by sitting in his car, on his own, and steering along one of the roads. However, I know that he owns a boat.

I have never been on that boat, but he mentioned to me some day that it is located somewhere out of La Jolla.

Best regards,
Penny

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:58 pm
Page 23 of 44 [659 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, ..., 42, 43, 44  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » Low-Volume Games
Jump to: