Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
What is an ARG?
Read imbri's Quickstart Guide

The time now is Mon May 29, 2017 11:18 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » Low-Volume Games
[CHARLOTTE] Charlotte is becoming real
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 3 of 44 [659 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ..., 42, 43, 44  Next
October
Unfettered

There's nothing to indicate that the recording took place on Mission Blvd. - all we know is that the package came from there. The background does sound like a train or a subway to me - rhythmic.

The writing on the tape - 21A or 211? Maybe a session number? (Edit: Or "vis" like mekdahl said - am I reading it backwards? It looks like numbers and maybe a letter at the end to me.)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:57 pm
Last edited by October on Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
mekdahl
Boot

enaxor wrote:
mekdahl wrote:
I noticed that on the tape it was written on the other side vis (?) which if that is the case could be taken from vis a vis (face-to-face)

I was thinking maybe it's the initials of the woman. If she's a patient, the therapist would probably use initials rather than a full name, to protect her identity.

True...true, but then why would the tape have been sent? I would think to protect "the patient" you wouldn't want anything on there linking them back to the tape. Maybe there's something we're missing in the taped conversation?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:57 pm
mekdahl
Boot

could also be VIZ on the tape as well...
What is the full return address? Maybe we can get an email to P Martin?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:00 pm
addlepated
Unfictologist

BadSmeagol wrote:
Hiya! Can we have the full return address? I'm thinking that if they wrote it on there they probably had a reason to. It might be relevant.

I'm a little wary about posting it publicly, but there is an ARGer in San Diego who's gonna check it out. Cool

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:06 pm
mekdahl
Boot

OK...sounds good, chances are though we may be able to find an email to email P Martin with their address...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:12 pm
PinkCloud
Decorated

if you look at the way those three letters/numbers are written, there's always a little darker spot. I've been trying to write them from both sides and it looks like the pen poses a little at the end of every number, not at the beginning, so it should be 21A or something. not VIZ.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:13 pm
mekdahl
Boot

PinkCloud wrote:
if you look at the way those three letters/numbers are written, there's always a little darker spot. I've been trying to write them from both sides and it looks like the pen poses a little at the end of every number, not at the beginning, so it should be 21A or something. not VIZ.

Well good on ya for that!!! Laughing Are u the one who will be checkin out the addy? If you are maybe you should knock on the door and meet with P Martin about the tape! LOL

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:19 pm
enaxor
I Have No Life

PinkCloud wrote:
Btw Hi! I'm new here, a bit lurking before but this Charlotte thing sounds pretty exciting Smile

Hi PinkCloud, welcome to unFiction. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:19 pm
addlepated
Unfictologist

PinkCloud wrote:

Excellent thinking - looking at it in person, my husband says that it's got to be "VIZ" because of the way it starts heavy on the top stroke of the V and trails off on the bottom stroke of the I and the bottom right stroke of the Z. It's a little hard to see in the pic from the reflection, but I think he's right. It's VIZ.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:23 pm
mekdahl
Boot

addlepated wrote:
PinkCloud wrote:

Excellent thinking - looking at it in person, my husband says that it's got to be "VIZ" because of the way it starts heavy on the top stroke of the V and trails off on the bottom stroke of the I and the bottom right stroke of the Z. It's a little hard to see in the pic from the reflection, but I think he's right. It's VIZ.

So what could VIZ be in connection to? Hmmm... I might try to google and see what I come up with...

EDIT: Here is a link to the def of viz http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viz There is also a Viz media, viz pictures, etc....

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:56 pm
Oriza
Entrenched

mekdahl wrote:
addlepated wrote:
PinkCloud wrote:

So what could VIZ be in connection to? Hmmm... I might try to google and see what I come up with...

EDIT: Here is a link to the def of viz http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viz There is also a Viz media, viz pictures, etc....

VIZ is a manga company.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:01 pm
addlepated
Unfictologist

I've listened to both sides of the tape and there is nothing on there other than the recording that I posted.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:29 pm
blessedSophia
Boot

The background is almost certainly an above-ground train. I've tried recording (video w/ audio) in subways in a couple of cities, and the ambient roar is way too loud to pick up anything unless you've got the mic right at your mouth and you're speaking loudly.

Since the speakers seemed to be at normal volume I'm going with above-ground train.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:53 pm
blessedSophia
Boot

addlepated wrote:
PinkCloud wrote:

The blobs in the writing indicate the stopping point. Unless somebody wrote that "I" bottom-to-top (rather than with a downward stroke), it's "21A".

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:59 pm
addlepated
Unfictologist

blessedSophia wrote:
The blobs in the writing indicate the stopping point. Unless somebody wrote that "I" bottom-to-top (rather than with a downward stroke), it's "21A".

I gotta disagree with you there. The blobs, at least in my writing, are the starting points, and the trail-offs are the stopping points. It's hard to trail-on when you're writing something.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:25 pm
Page 3 of 44 [659 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ..., 42, 43, 44  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » Low-Volume Games
Jump to: