Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Got a jones for some uF swag?
Visit Ye Olde Tradin' Post!

The time now is Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:26 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » ARG: This Is My Milwaukee
[PUZZLE] Piecing together a map?
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 5 of 14 [198 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, ..., 12, 13, 14  Next
hatpins
Boot

I reckon the cafe is pretty fitting, with all the spiritual stuff and everything.
Oh, and the whole plant thing, too.

EDIT: Plus the "Abounding River" board game. Razz
http://www.cafegratitude.com/boardgame

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:05 am
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
krystyn
I Never Tire of My Own Voice

I speculate that there is a constellation of used grape gum underneath the table, in the shape of Cool Dog.

I WILL BE SO EXCITED IF I AM RIGHT

xbl gamertag: krystyn

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:35 am
Deanodon
Veteran

atomicthumbs wrote:
Yeah, I was thinking that the tape was probably OOG. The menu items at Cafe Gratitude are named things like "I am Thankful" and "I am Beautiful", and to order they insist you say that you are holy or whatever.

It tends to bother them when you say "I'll have an I am Radiant" or whatever. Laughing

I would hate this place, especially in the morning. "I'll have an 'I am Hungover and in Need of Caffiene so could you Bring Me Coffee and a Bagel' now please?????"

But then again, I'm a grumpy north easterner, and probably much more suited to the Greenhouse Cafe in Brooklyn.

And I am very happy that all this wasn't just for the number 4, but I will Scream Real Loud if there's a number 5 taped under the table.

Also, is it possible we're supposed to leave something there?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:21 am
dposse
Entrenched

Quote:
here was a peacock feather and a plant across from where I sat, from my bench against the wall. I asked the girl her name.

"I have many names, but they are not important now. What is important is what you will leave behind. You are an agent of change."

I think i just solved something in the story. The girl that Chuck met is a waitress. A waitress is just a job, each person has a different name. And they are all literally "an agent of change", ie they take your money. What do you leave behind at a cafe? Change! Money!

cool, huh? i finally solved something! *feels useful* Smile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:32 pm
swift360
Decorated

dposse wrote:
Quote:
here was a peacock feather and a plant across from where I sat, from my bench against the wall. I asked the girl her name.

"I have many names, but they are not important now. What is important is what you will leave behind. You are an agent of change."

I think i just solved something in the story. The girl that Chuck met is a waitress. A waitress is just a job, each person has a different name. And they are all literally "an agent of change", ie they take your money. What do you leave behind at a cafe? Change! Money!

But we dont know what (if any) change he left, and how we would use that info to move the story along do we?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:38 pm
dposse
Entrenched

swift360 wrote:
dposse wrote:
Quote:

But we dont know what (if any) change he left, and how we would use that info to move the story along do we?

if that was important, it would've been in the story. it wasnt.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:43 pm
hmrpita
Unfettered

Location: East of the Ocean, West of the Bay, Close to many faults

Hi there.

I will make an attempt today, though I am afraid that it won't be until this afternoon. I will use Relogger's information (thank you for that!) and I hope to gain access to the correct table.

And, yeah, I will not be feeling for anything underneath the table, but rather, pretending to drop something and looking up (I do have a small flashlight if needs be). We'll see how much odd behavior I can get away with--the person who is supposed to go with me is feeling uncomfortable about the entire idea, but I do hope to convince him so that I can have a buffer for my odd behavior. Other people will look at me, alone, and think, "Crazy lady--protect your children." If I am with someone else who is acting "normal," then I hope for "Crazy lady has a caretaker--children relatively safe."
--Robert Browning

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:34 pm
synspark
Veteran

hmrpita wrote:
Hi there.

I will make an attempt today, though I am afraid that it won't be until this afternoon. I will use Relogger's information (thank you for that!) and I hope to gain access to the correct table.

And, yeah, I will not be feeling for anything underneath the table, but rather, pretending to drop something and looking up (I do have a small flashlight if needs be). We'll see how much odd behavior I can get away with--the person who is supposed to go with me is feeling uncomfortable about the entire idea, but I do hope to convince him so that I can have a buffer for my odd behavior. Other people will look at me, alone, and think, "Crazy lady--protect your children." If I am with someone else who is acting "normal," then I hope for "Crazy lady has a caretaker--children relatively safe."

Thanks a load pita. Just remember to wear the magical drummers' sleeves. you'll be fine Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:09 pm
MrCthulhu2U
Boot

hmrpita wrote:
Hi there.

You could also just take some pics of the underside of the table without going under it yourself. Just sort of stick the camera under there and shoot. Review pics until you get what you need. Might work, especially if there's a tablecloth.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:54 pm
GMcG
Boot

hmrpita wrote:
Other people will look at me, alone, and think, "Crazy lady--protect your children." If I am with someone else who is acting "normal," then I hope for "Crazy lady has a caretaker--children relatively safe."

Ha, I'm going to guess that most people hanging out at the vegan cafe in San Fran have seen crazier! Good luck!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:14 pm
bjaardker
Veteran

I don't understand all of this properness.

Just crawl around on your hands and knees until you find the right table. Very Happy

Having no shame comes in handy at times like this. Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:56 pm
DarkProject
Veteran

bjaardker wrote:

Just crawl around on your hands and knees until you find the right table. Very Happy

Agreed. "I came all this way, and I have a mission to fulfill, but I'll be sooooo embarassed if anyone sees me being 'odd'."

Perhaps we can get someone who cares more about retrieving the drop than what strangers think about them. I'd do it if a planeride wasn't involved.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:45 pm
kyuurijanaidesu
Boot

DarkProject wrote:
bjaardker wrote:

Agreed. "I came all this way, and I have a mission to fulfill, but I'll be sooooo embarassed if anyone sees me being 'odd'."

Perhaps we can get someone who cares more about retrieving the drop than what strangers think about them. I'd do it if a planeride wasn't involved.

I think honestly they're less concerned about what people THINK about them necessarily than whether they'll be allowed to stay in the restaurant if they're crawling around all over the place long enough to actually get the drop. Thanks, pita, by the way! Wish I could be any help to these dead drop things, but I have the feeling Florida's wiped out, so... no go on that one.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:09 pm
morningcoffee
Decorated

DarkProject wrote:
bjaardker wrote:

Be grateful that we have people willing to go and do it for us. There's no need to be rude or doubt their "commitment to the game".
If people start acting like lunatics, they'll get thrown out of the cafe, and then they won't be able to collect the drop. Use your common sense.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:16 pm
dreamerblue
Unfettered

Pita was part of Team Esseff for the The Lost Ring ARG and enticed people to come out and run weird labyrinths with the prospect of bacon-topped cupcakes. There is no need to doubt her commitment or her willingness to be crazy Smile.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:41 pm
Page 5 of 14 [198 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, ..., 12, 13, 14  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » ARG: This Is My Milwaukee
Jump to: