Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Having Trouble with the Boards?
Ask in the General Forum
or email unforum /at/ unfiction.com

The time now is Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:44 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » Old News & Rumors
[Trailhead] Stop The International
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 4 of 44 [646 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, ..., 42, 43, 44  Next
PostLarval
Entrenched

Of course! The login is fuitilium!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:59 pm
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
SLUSHO_ZOOM!
Unfettered

Wilhelm

He's the old man they speak about at Global Eyes on the taped conversation.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:08 pm
Transtar
Decorated

http://www.theibbc.com/images/GE10172.jpg
http://www.theibbc.com/images/GE18192.jpg
http://www.theibbc.com/images/GE08506.jpg

After reading the first image I literally said "oh Snap".

And I did use that as the login....I just kept the space >.<

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:22 pm
SLUSHO_ZOOM!
Unfettered

Scotland Yard should know now

That they have a mole.

Also the letter to Umberto us signed by a man with the initial A.

Could it be Alexander Martine?

Also perhaps Umberto (ilatian?) may work for Calvini Defense

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:28 pm
SLUSHO_ZOOM!
Unfettered

NICE!!!
UMBERTO CALVINI

http://www.02blog.it/post/2200/futuro-italiano-il-nuovo-partito-di-umberto-calvini

Well we know what he looks like... it's about filming the movie and shots taken of a set.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:32 pm
sowasred2012
Unfettered

Transtar wrote:
http://www.theibbc.com/images/GE10172.jpg
http://www.theibbc.com/images/GE18192.jpg
http://www.theibbc.com/images/GE08506.jpg

After reading the first image I literally said "oh Snap".

And I did use that as the login....I just kept the space >.<

Wait - what am I missing?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:35 am
thebruce
Dances With Wikis

ok... so... do we have any report from the Los Angeles drop? Or are we waiting for the official LA de-brief at STI.com?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:32 am
FSURobbie

The site still shows that Salinger is waiting for the username and passcode from the LA drop so I guess it's still being worked on?

Where is all this blood money (outside of the dead drops) being found?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:52 am
thebruce
Dances With Wikis

well, I sent in the login info via the form on the site, and received this autoresponse:

Quote:
You've done an invaluable service by recovering these documents. I've reviewed them and believe they are crucial to cracking the inner workings of the IBBC.

To see the recovered materials and follow the investigation, go to www.stoptheinterational.com.

I urge you to exercise caution and to stay alert. I might have to call on you again at any time.

Chief Inspector SO7, Louis Salinger, Scotland Yard

no idea if that's the response for any submission or not, but as you said, nothing seems to have changed regarding that mission yet. Dunno

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:57 am
FSURobbie

Maybe the site hasn't been updated yet? They said it would update every Wednesday and Friday with new missions/briefings, so maybe the results from the LA drop will go up tomorrow? If this is going to be a weekly thing I hope it expands beyond the current dead drops so more of us can participate. Even if it doesn't, this is still a pretty interesting start.

So is it me, or does anyone think the old man Margaret refers to in the audio from the LA Drop is Wilhelm, our informants ally? I only ask because from what I have read so far it doesn't seem like Wilhelm is all that innocent, and if he's not, what would be his objections to the human trafficking Margaret was discussing in the audio file?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:08 pm
ifihadahifi
Unfettered

thebruce wrote:
ok... so... do we have any report from the Los Angeles drop? Or are we waiting for the official LA de-brief at STI.com?

So I was lucky enough to be part of the L.A. drop yesterday, and I can say that it was a good deal of fun. I did email the password and username to Salinger when we got home. All of the contents of the drop were actually available for download on STI.com by the time I went to upload it. My guess would be that we are waiting for the official update from STI. Please forgive the length of the following re-cap.

(I believe shad0 has a good deal pictures to match this re-cap)

As for the drop, shad0, wj1975, my wonderful girlfriend, and myself met outside of Sincere Gifts in Chinatown. There were two gongs, one on either side of the entrance. The one on the left read "Good Luck", and appropriately enough, the gong on the right read "Money". I rang the gong four times, and sure enough a well-dressed man who we had all spotted came up, produced an envelope from is coat, and said "I believe this is for you". It was our security brief.

Step one was to find what year Sincere Gifts was established. It was 1938. Our next step was to "head towards Broadway and pay your respects to the man who founded a Republic". We found a statue of Dr. Sun Yat Sen, and were told to note his year of birth, 1866.

Next we had to hop on a bus for about 10 minutes to get to Olvera street. Truly a good setting for a spy/espionage themed event. Making our way through the narrow walkways we found our next destination, the Placita de Delores, which is an amazing mural outside of Olvera street. It was here that we noticed also that we were being followed by a guy in a hat taking pictures. While at Placita de Delores, we had to note the year it was dedicated by a former U.S. President. Jimmy Carter did this in 1979.

So now we had three numbers. 1938, 1866, and 1979. Our instructions told us to subtract the year the doctor was born from the year the shop was established. 1938-1866 left us with 72. We then had to subtract 72 from the year the mural was dedicated. 1979-72 gave us 1907. The next step was to add each digit of 1907 together, and to repeat this process until we had a single digit. So, 1+9+0+7=17. Then 1+7 = 8. Having ou single digit our instructions asked for us to go to the East Side of Olvera Market and find the address 8. We were told if the number 8 was blue, we were in the right spot and that our drop would be under the first wood step. Sure enough, in the crowded market street we found the blue 8, and under the step was a black evidence bag reading "Stop the International". As for the info, everything you see on STI.com is everything that was in the bag.

I am going to scan the currency tonight in case anyone want to see what was there. Sadly I won't be able to do this until later. But I hope you enjoyed the re-cap of yesterday. Also, as for the auto-response to thebruce submitting the usernmae and password, I got the same email. So I am thinking its a standard response.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:18 pm
thebruce
Dances With Wikis

and I'm sure I've seen Wilhelm, the actor, before... just can't remember where.

..ahh... Armin Mueller-Stahl, and he is credited in the movie. (and there's a few movies under his belt from which I now recall his face Smile)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:22 pm
FSURobbie

ifihadahifi wrote:
I hope you enjoyed the re-cap of yesterday.

Man, that sounds awesome! Must have been fun...I especially like that you had someone tailing you since we were warned we might be followed and (if I remember correctly) photographed...

Cool stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:35 pm
ifihadahifi
Unfettered

FSURobbie wrote:
ifihadahifi wrote:
I hope you enjoyed the re-cap of yesterday.

Man, that sounds awesome! Must have been fun...I especially like that you had someone tailing you since we were warned we might be followed and (if I remember correctly) photographed...

Cool stuff.

It definitely adds to the excitement. Chinatown isn't exactly packed with people at 1pm on a Wednesday, so it was kind of easy to spot who was involved. But at Olvera Market, you definitely got the sense you were being watched. On guy was following us, and another was waiting near the drop point for when we arrived.

I will say, you should have seen the looks on people's faces when we produced this black bag with foreign currency in it. It was truly priceless. I will definitely remember the day though. For my first live-event or drop of any sort, it was awesome.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:41 pm
SLUSHO_ZOOM!
Unfettered

Wilhelm is the old man
is he being played?

Red who is the mole in Scotland Yard for IBBC is also in contact with Wilhelm.

Also we have the letter from A to Umberto, which we have figured out is Umberto Calvini. A could be Alexander Martine who is on the board of Global Eyes.

Red could be who's talking to Margaritte in the audio.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:45 pm
Page 4 of 44 [646 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, ..., 42, 43, 44  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » Old News & Rumors
Jump to: