Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

The Black Watchmen Game and Comic Book!

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
The Project MU Archives
Now available in stunning full-color print edition.

The time now is Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:30 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » ARG: Fringe
[FRINGE] New Game? Fringe (Trailhead + pre-game)
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 11 of 23 [338 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, ..., 21, 22, 23  Next
Xtatic

For some reason I think 7th and Island is 711 - and refreshing - but I don't know why. Maybe certain 711's??

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:10 am
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
Splenda
Boot

I'm heading out to Comic-con tomorrow. I'll see if I can check out 7th and island. I'll keep you updated.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:14 am
gaffeofthecentury
Boot

hey guys, caught up and totally into this. strange enough to keep me interested.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:00 am
PostLarval
Entrenched

I just now returned from the Fringe scavenger hunt. This is how it all went down, stage by stage (without commentary).

1) At 5:45, as we exited the Fringe panel, girls were handing out "vouchers". They were blue leaves, with a small keychain-light attached. It was a blacklight... when you ran it over the leaf, invisible ink read "Booth #4129".

2) When you went to the booth and showed them your "voucher", you received a gift. It was a Fringe pocket-notepad, with a nifty lenticular cover. Inside this notepad was another card like the one I previously posted. It had the same map on one side, and on the other the first clue: "Investigate the storage container at Seventh and Island to receive the next refreshing clue."

3) At Seventh and Island there was indeed a storage container. Inside were animal cages filled with fur, the sound of screeching monkeys, and a tall rack containing hundreds of bottles of refreshing "Imagine" Ginger Ale. A quick search revealed that under the ingredients listing, the following clue was added: "THE IMPOSSIBLE AWAITS AT 5TH AND J".

4) Approaching 5th and J, moos could be heard. Lo and Behold, there was a mid-town lot filled with cows! And barrels too, which were filled with apples. The apples had stickers on them, with a 10 digit number (8773746430) and the phrase "Are you ready to know?" When you called that number, you received a message from an FBI agent: "You are closer than you know. Go to the corner of 10th avenue and J street. The impossible, isn't."

5) At 10th and J was a parking garage. If you got in the elevator, you could hear the sound of frogs. Taking the elevator to the roof lead to... THE END! An outdoor screening of the pilot, a free bag, and a free t-shirt.

Now for the commentary:

For those who've seen the pilot,
Spoiler (Rollover to View):
the elements from the show that they chose to use were fun. The ginger-ale, which Bishop requests at some point, really made me laugh. The mad scientist looking storage container and the cows added a great sense of surreality, as they did in the show.

All in all, it was a decent event. Pretty brief, with simple clues (definitely aimed at the casual Comic-Con attendee), but still engaging and entertaining. No particular prize at the end, except for the T-shirts and the 1st Episode (which I'd seen thrice). There were a few glitches, and a few frustrations, but in the end I walked away impressed.

This was definitely a stand-alone event. However, I was lead to believe that there will continue to be a viral marketing campaign. I got the impression that it won't be incredibly immersive, but don't quote me on that.

(one final note: My camera's battery died while I was taking far too many pictures of Summer Glau, so I didn't get any shots of the event. But tomorrow I'll upload pics of all of the props and swag I collected).

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:55 am
Apopheniac79
Veteran

Awesome PostLarval! Thanks for sharing that Smile
The ginger ale and the cows gave me a chuckle. And I agree, it sounded like a rather simple (but fun) little hunt. I hope they do some more online (me thinks of sheep in a circle).
I'll be waiting to see that T-shirt and your other swag.
Oh, and you can never take too many pictures of Summer Glau Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:22 am
sundown
Boot

Thanks!

Hi PostLarval! Thanks for posting about the scavenger hunt! I was starting to wonder if anyone had participated.

Hopefully this wasn't all hype for the SD folks and the rest of this is an actual ARG and not all for naught.

Can you let us know where you post those pics of Summer? Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:52 am
PostLarval
Entrenched

I had a feeling people would be understanding about the Summer Glau thing. And maybe more interested in those than the swag Smile I'll make sure to get pictures of both up soon.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:47 am
Cloverfield92
Veteran

does anyone have annyyy leads for the e-mail, arg i miss SHHH forums, so much faster and funnier, >_< i wish they included normal shows too, Dark Knight ARG...miss sooo much

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:49 am
stratagos
Unfettered

I assume the URL in the email was our 'clue', to find the Case 91 casefile thingy. Unfortunately, we found it *before* the email, so that kind of leaves the Home Audience to go "WTF?"

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:18 pm
Cloverfield92
Veteran

there has to be a reason why the e-mail has the same thing 100X

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:34 pm
Nighthawk
I Have 100 Cats and Smell of Wee

PostLarval wrote:
I had a feeling people would be understanding about the Summer Glau thing. And maybe more interested in those than the swag Smile I'll make sure to get pictures of both up soon.

We certainly won't be understanding if you don't hand over the Summer Glau pictures like NOW, pal!

Quote:
there has to be a reason why the e-mail has the same thing 100X

I'm willing to accept the "somebody screwed up" explanation.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:13 pm
 ICQ Number 
gaffeofthecentury
Boot

I hope Comic-Con wasn't the end for this ARG.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:24 pm
degravedi
Unfictologist

gaffeofthecentury wrote:
I hope Comic-Con wasn't the end for this ARG.

I doubt that one small scavenger hunt would have drummed up the amount of wide audience marketing that they're looking for. I guarantee there will be more. We just have to give it a little time.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:29 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
 ICQ Number 
Chibbie
Boot

YouTube: Link

Here is the audio from the phone call with the FBI agent Phillip Broyles. (You can hear it better here)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:55 pm
sometallusjinks
Veteran

Chibbie wrote:
Here is the audio from the phone call with the FBI agent Phillip Broyles

You mean I could have gotten a phone call from Lt. Daniels? Not fair!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:07 pm
Page 11 of 23 [338 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, ..., 21, 22, 23  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » ARG: Fringe
Jump to: