Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Got a jones for some uF swag?
Visit Ye Olde Tradin' Post!

The time now is Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:28 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » Low-Volume Games
[HOLO][TRAILHEAD] Holomove (was Emergen-C)
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 31 of 53 [786 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, ..., 51, 52, 53  Next
intersect
Entrenched

i see i too when i go there, only had to hit refresh once..

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:33 am
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
catherwood
I Have 100 Cats and Smell of Wee

Re: Holomove Ad Campaign

Agent Lex wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
I wasn't even looking for anything Holomove, but while I was searching for a new laptop I saw that the Notebook Review forums have begun displaying Holomove ads.

http://www.notebookreview.com/

I don't see any of these ads, after a short refresh session. Something I'm missing, or is it US-only (I saw a few ads that could only have been UK-based).

ETA: Seems like confirmation that UK peeps don't see the ads. I do see other ads, though.

Here is the banner ad I get in the USA:
banner-img.gif
 Description   banner ad for Holomove shown in the USA
 Filesize   17.74KB
 Viewed   103 Time(s)

banner-img.gif

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:34 am
CCS
Boot

Ads

The tagline "Hardware, software & imagination. All we need to change the world" is also associated with the sponsored link for Holomove when you Google it. (I don't know if the sponsored link has been mentioned before, I just noticed it yesterday.)

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:44 am
keohime

more on about.com

Hi there, my first post =)

i noticed that they are linked off another page on about.com, as well - the chemistry one:
http://chemistry.about.com/lr/nobel_prize_in_chemistry/274797/3/

specifically, the nobel prize in chemistry. hmm..... another point to nobelium, or something else?

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:21 am
konamouse
Official uF Dietitian

They have purchased ads. If you Google "Nobel Prize" the only "advertisement link" on the right side is:

Quote:
Sponsored Links

Nobel Prize
Hardware, software & imagination.
All we need to change the world
www.Holomove.com

The UPS packages was the first wave of the trailhead. Now advertising on websites where other computer geeks hangout, appears to be the second wave. So we might get people googling Holomove and finding uF.

Yup. First is the main site, then the ARGN Article. And third is this one from Game-Cyte.

Quote:
Holomove: The Game Is Afoot
Posted on 08 May 2008 by Sean Hollister

A mysterious job. A beautiful girl. A redacted government document. An empty packet of powder. What do these things have in common? That’s for you to discover, in a brand-new alternate reality game (ARG) currently dubbed Holomove.

Yesterday morning, several members of the ARG community received a rather strange package via UPS, which included a redacted letter, apparently from the United States Government Department of Energy; a paper crane, and an empty, cut-open packet of Emergen-C with a sticker attached to it. The sticker depicts three colored balls, connected by white beams in a three-dimensional arrangement.

CNET News’ Daniel Terdiman, a journalist known for his coverage of virtual worlds and ARGs in particular, was luckier — his document was intact. Written by one ‘Michael,’ the doc proved to be an internal memo from the Los Alamos National Laboratory — dated January 30, 1985 — and asking for the immediate resignation of a scientist named Eugene Gough.

Moreover, Terdiman’s package contained another sticker, which revealed that the colored-ball-assembly is the logo of Holomove, a company purportedly dealing in “next-generation user interfaces,” and whose impressive Flash website nearly makes us believe it.

Eugene Gough is dead. A young man with a penchant for puzzles and YouTube videos has recently been hired as Holomove’s lead developer. And Holomove is still hiring… and recruiting individuals as well. The community is actively analyzing audio, digging through social networks and tracking down the parties responsible.

Are you smart enough for Holomove?

Then down the rabbit hole you go.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:35 am
alexbutterfield
Boot

haha. Sean Hollister is the Sean/starfire2258 that posted the first spot of the holomove ads. How come I can find out lots of connections - but only OOG ones. Crying or Very sad

edit: btw I think it's a really well written article. nice work sean.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 12:41 pm
thebruce
Dances With Wikis

I think I just got the HOLOMOVE=HOLLOWMOVES thing (unless I missed the connection earlier) - I think it's just another hint about in the vain: RanKnow=RandomKnowledge *shrug*

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 12:48 pm
shylilembrace
Entrenched

About the Google Lasers thing, they do that every year IIRC Alex, at least they did it last year. So no, i doubt it's connected. A thought that does come to mind though is if a company might be using an ARG to actually recruit XP

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 1:11 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mousekinn
Decorated

They didn't do lasers last year as far as I saw: http://www.google.com/intl/en/holidaylogos.html

But they do a bunch of random stuff throughout the year, so I don't think it's relevant.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 1:44 pm
celina63
Entrenched

Just for the record - new pic up on Flickr / RandomKnowledge.

The Holomove symbol with "Reach the Future" underneath.

Was hoping it meant that "www.reachthefuture.com" was going somewhere other than holomove.com, but it's not. It's possible it's just pointing out all the new ads we've been seeing...

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 2:37 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CCS
Boot

Google logo

I'm not sure if this is the same thing that thebruce and others are saying about the Google logo today, but what struck me about the logo is that it looks vaguely similar to the "hollowmoves" puzzle if you draw lines between the letters as you go. I didn't see a design in that puzzle, but I'll now go back and look again. It certainly is a design that could be replicated using lasers, but does it mean anything?

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 2:46 pm
mousekinn
Decorated

New Flickr pic has hidden letters very faintly inside of the balls. The IRC group is working on getting it altered and reuploaded (notably Lex for doing this and Garbo for noticing it - the rest of us were clueless I think LOL)

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 2:49 pm
ares5000
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 2:51 pm
Agent Lex
Entrenched

Modified version of the pic. I used photoshop's fill tool, with tolerance set to 0 and anti-aliasing turned off - in other words, you can get the same effect in MS paint.

blue - m0qq0br0ajx
green - gqtlxuty
red - htr

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 2:51 pm
ares5000
Veteran

i noticed it looked "off" so tweeked the levels in PhotoShop and got this so far.

EDIT: LEX beat me on my balls getting uploaded

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 2:52 pm
Page 31 of 53 [786 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, ..., 51, 52, 53  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » Low-Volume Games
Jump to: