Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Got a jones for some uF swag?
Visit Ye Olde Tradin' Post!

The time now is Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:50 pm
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » ARG: Tom Tooman
[TRAILHEAD] Tom Tooman
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 41 of 56 [826 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, ..., 54, 55, 56  Next
illspirit
Greenhorn

Re: fabulous 1860s Map of Wi/Mi

mortality wrote:
ncfriend wrote:

also eta: i know this may be too obvious to be anything but what about BAYS?...I know that's about as generic as saying LIGHTHOUSES...but it was a passing thought....

The problem is we haven't figured out what we need to be looking for. A new password for the ajkin site? A new website altogether? Without that, no matter what the clues are, we'll struggle.

There are no other valid passwords for the site. I've decompiled the flash and we've already seen everything in it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:04 am
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
DeadbyDawn
Unfettered

Map
Hidden images

The new spots on the map are not just dots. If you zoom in on them and wait until the "static" thing happens, you'll see them.
mapcloseup2.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   22.43KB
 Viewed   311 Time(s)

mapcloseup2.jpg

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:34 pm
ArchaicDome
Veteran

Dude.

They look like eyes. Or contour lnes on a topographic map denoting hilltops. The closer the lines get, the steeper, and each line represents a linear distance, like 20miles, depending on the map.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:56 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DeadbyDawn
Unfettered

Topography

Not likely they are topographical, since one of them is in the water but, good thought, keep digging.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:30 pm
Chronus_Valtiel
Entrenched

Location: Some house I found. The people in it are really annoying.

Doesn't topography also measure water depth in the same way?
I'm not sure, but it would seem that way, I guess....

Now Playing: Silverladder. BoL/SiD. Sky Remains.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:34 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DeadbyDawn
Unfettered

Not normally, unless it's an area thats below sea level but, not covered in water. Or if you're looking at map STRICTLY of water depths. I've never seen a map that showed both.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:37 pm
HetMasteen
Unfettered

Re: Topography

DeadbyDawn wrote:
Not likely they are topographical, since one of them is in the water but, good thought, keep digging.

Actually, my Google Earthing revealed that all the dots that appear to be on water are, in fact, islands. So I guess topography could be a possibility. But, once again, what do we do with it?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:06 pm
Chronus_Valtiel
Entrenched

Location: Some house I found. The people in it are really annoying.

That's the question.
SO many questions, so little answers.
We've really gone nowhere since the red cloud site and somehow the PM has shown us a place more vague than the bar codes....

Now Playing: Silverladder. BoL/SiD. Sky Remains.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:28 pm
Beef Supreme
Boot

I don't have a list in front of me, but I'm pretty sure when I was zooming in on the new spots in google earth all but one i think corresponded to an island. I'll go back and do it again later this evening and see if I can work up a list.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:25 pm
ncfriend
Unfettered

From what I can tell..
The Door (the peninsula beside Green Bay) isnt an island, and it has two circles (or eyes). Even if the northern most circle was on the island (debatable at best) the southern one isnt.
The 'thumb' up and to the left of La Pointe that has the larger circle within the circle and the square/diamond shape is mainland. I think the larger circle/circle is probably Valhalla (Mount Valhalla).
Then the one east of Escanaba is the thumb of land that is now Haiwatha National Forest.
Grand Island is i think the only island, i think....

but then, i've been known to be wrong before... Smile

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:51 pm
Liquidtouch
Boot

Some websites

I was away for the weekend and thank goodness there wasnt 30 more pages to catch up on.... I posted awhile back about a website the is about how the weather helped end the mayan civilization. Here is the link to that site, which I found by googleing "tooman +maya" and then browsing through the links

http://www.americanscientist.org/template/AssetDetail/assetid/44510/page/1

Also a google search on "tooman" brings up an ancestory website. Interesting that it seems alot of the toomans in america are populated around the map that we found on the website. If you have an account on that sight you would be able to bring up a list of "toomans" that lived in the area between 1840 and 1880. Here is a link to that site.

http://www.ancestry.com/learn/facts/fact.aspx?&fid=7&ln=Tooman&fn=&yr=1920

I agree it would be nice to know what we are looking for.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:38 am
Liquidtouch
Boot

I have a new idea about the "stars" on the bar codes. If someone thought of this already please forgive me. So far we have looked at the large stars and the specs and tried separating them, compare them etc.

There is also white stars on black stripes and black stars on white stripes. What if there are 2 images merged. Look at the white stars and black stars independently. Perhaps even take out the opposite and push the bars together.

Also some more thought on the letter, begin again, look for what you are missing and sun gods. Got me thinking about solar eclipses. Matching them up to dates we already have.

Here is a map of eclipses that occured between 1861 and 1880
http://sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov/eclipse/SEatlas/SEatlas2/SEatlas1861.GIF

Aug 7 1869 a large total solar eclipse passed right over the map on the website. Do any of you Americans know if the borders of the distorted map were like that in 1869? Or did this eclipse happen after that map?

The next one that passes over the map will be August 21st, 2017.

There will be another big solar eclipse on August 1st 2008 but it is North over Canada and then Europe and Asia.

An excerpt of what a total solar eclipse looks like:

"When the total solar eclipse finally arrives, it gives an unearthly appearance. There is a pinkish glow, which comes from the edges of the moon before the total eclipse and sometimes a red cloud appearance arch above it."

Just some more ideas...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:37 pm
mgelles
Decorated

not that has any relevance to what to do next but i was considering the name of the site as being a clue and or riddle (forgive me if I'm trouuting trying to catch up. instead of being a name treat kin as a noun and words begining with a and j as unknowns in a word puzzle like a crossword clue or word puzzle some how connected to our map
aj kin? as in AJ's relatives? but who's AJ? Andrew "stonewall" jackson? Just sorta thinking outloud. Forgive me if I make no sense
Michelle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:59 pm
drizjr
Unfictologist

[Tool] Decipher Morse code without spaces

If anyone is still trying to figure out the stars on the stickers by using Morse Code, here is something I found that gives all possibilities when there are no spaces. It has a limit of 18 characters or less.
Link

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:02 pm
tygr20
Unfettered

mgelles wrote:
Just sorta thinking outloud. Forgive me if I make no sense
Michelle

Good thoughts, unfortunately in vain. Ajkin is more or less a phonetic spelling of(forgive me if i butcher it) Yak'xin. Good thoughts! Bring them to #tomtooman Smile (On the PSP, sorry to trim so much)

@tygr20
www.tygr20.com

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:38 pm
Page 41 of 56 [826 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, ..., 54, 55, 56  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » ARG: Tom Tooman
Jump to: