Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
The Project MU Archives
Now available in stunning full-color print edition.

The time now is Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:22 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » ARG: Tom Tooman
[TRAILHEAD] Tom Tooman
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 35 of 56 [826 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, ..., 54, 55, 56  Next
sMooTH WuN
Entrenched

believe it or not, theres still not a terrible amount of info... seeing as though the barcode puzzle was so engaging, i (edit: it*) took up a bunch of pages to solve..
Now Playing: The Human Pet*, Exiles, Grays Point
Waiting for: Invasion2, WITG?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:04 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
ncfriend
Unfettered

2012 movies

Even IMDB had minimal info on this particular one.. although I Found many movies with the subject matter...

There's one that's to be released in 2008. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1034294/

And another one to be released in 2010 here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0988032/
from another site: "Based on Whitley Strieber's book, a researcher finds a way to communicate to his alternative self in a parallel universe to stop an apocalypse predicted by Mayans. "

Here's a documentary that's to be released in on DVD shortly(ifnot already): http://www.timeofthesixthsun.com/

And another documentary, just released.. not quite as dynamic, though
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84v7KL5Dc9o

now, whether anyof these have anything to do with this game or not, remains to be seen. But just out of curiosity and a matter of record.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:42 am
HetMasteen
Unfettered

Hey. tygr20 and GCDOA dragged me kicking and screaming down another rabbit hole. damn. Anyway, glad to be here.

After reading the thread, I have a thought to share:
I think that before we start looking for the next clue, we need to figure out what the clue is.
Up until this point, we always had an idea what we were looking for (first the website, and then the password). Right now, we don't know what we are looking for. We have a satellite image of the mid-US, and that's it.
Could we be waiting for an update? Ajkin has only one clickable link which leads no where.

I think UF is getting faster and faster and the PMs can't keep up anymore. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:42 am
tygr20
Unfettered

Ok. So in the Tom Tooman chat, I'd been discussing "What next?" with GCDOA, HetMasteen, and xnbomb. I began wondering why they'd offer up 6 barcodes with the same information, save that 3 of them have Mayan numbers rather than the regular decimal numbers that the others offer. GC came across a Mayan math system. More or less, it's a base 20 math(consisting of numbers 0-19). The site can be found here. Basically, every time a number is added, it's added by a power of 20(e.g. 20^0*1 + 20^1*2 = 1 + 20*2 = 1 + 40 = 41). I did the exponents on each number found in the barcodes. The important part to remember is that if 6 is written .| and 7 written :|, the numbers need to be added from bottom to top. The formula would be written-
. .
__

__

In decimal it would be (20^0 + 6) + (20^1 + 7) = 146.

Exponentially, the numbers in the barcodes would be-

7=7
8=160
1=400
7=56,000
Empty space- important?
9=1,440,000
6=19,200,000
4=256,000,000
2=2,560,000,000
7=179,200,000,000
0=0
2=20,480,000,000,000

Adding these numbers as decimal, we get 20,662,036,696,567. I'll wager it's a useless number, but when a man provides you Mayan numbers, you do Mayan math, and hope for the best. I know the decimal numbers on the barcodes led GC and XN to the akjin.com site- but why provide the Mayan numbers as well if they're worthless?

@tygr20
www.tygr20.com

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:06 am
zizka
Decorated

tygr20 wrote:
...when a man provides you Mayan numbers, you do Mayan math, and hope for the best.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

So at the moment, we have the original materials that were mailed to SB and the webiste with the map, right?

So we're faced with either waiting for more info or teasing more info out of what we have so far.

FWIW, the spots on the map file look like wind-blown water vapor. judging by a google earth comparison, most seem to be centered over large cities, but one or two are centered over large lakes. I figure it's some sort of natural phenomenon, but I could easily be wrong. All three fo the cities we know about in connection to this so far are on the map.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:07 am
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
 ICQ Number 
HetMasteen
Unfettered

Mayan Calendar

I can't remember seeing this yet.
The two main glyphs on Ajkin.com are Mayan Calendar Glyphs.
The first one is the "month" - the Mayans had 13 months with 20 days, plus 5 extra "unlucky days", and the second is a day - each month had 20 days, each one having it's own name.

Looking at Ajkin.com today, the first glyph is called Yaxk'in (like Ajkin?), and it is the 7th of these "months". The second glyph is called Etz'nab', and it represents the 18th day.
Translating this to the Gregorian calendar, the glyphs represent the 157th day of the year, which is June 6th.

Also, Yaxk'in means "blue/green sun". "Yax" being blue/green, and "K'in" being sun. "Etz'nab" is just the name of a day. It's a word in itself.

I looked up some birthdays and events. Nothing Mayan or otherwise obvious jumped out at me. June 6 is D-Day, but other than that I can't really think of anything.

For more on the Mayan Calendar, math system, and ritual cycle, visit http://www.ancientscripts.com/maya.html

It's where I found all this interesting data.

If this was posted before I apologize in advance and assure you that I will commit ritual suicide if that is what you will demand of me.

EDIT - just thought of something. The Mayan new year isn't January 1st, so I started counting from the wrong day. I can't seem to find a Gregorian date for the Mayan new year...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:20 am
Last edited by HetMasteen on Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
HetMasteen
Unfettered

New Theory

If you look at the date glyphs in the URL from my previous post, you can see that several Glyph dates have eyes. I think the next time we have a glyph with eyes on Ajkin, we will have another picture (what's mssng? eyes).
Today is Yaxk'in Etz'nab. The next time we have a glyph with eyes is on Yaxk'in Ajaw (August 10th - friday). I bet that's when we get another pic.

Also, much thanks to GC and tygr. We're all working over at #tomtooman.

EDIT - I was wrong. It's 2 separate calendars. The left calendar is the 365 days solar calendar, and the right is a 260 day ritual calendar. The gray numbers symbolize the day of each month. So it's 6 Yaxk'in in the solar calendar, and 5 Etz'nab' on the ritual calendar. They realign every 52 years.
The site I posted has a date calculator. The date moves in a funny way, but It says that Friday, August 10th will be 8 Yaxk'in 7 Ajaw. Which means we should expect a new pic on Friday.

LOL, I was right about the date, but I got it in a weird way.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:36 am
xnbomb
Unfettered

Yep, he's kin

Looking for the meaning behind the chosen domain names (which are http://ajkin.com and http://ajkin.net), I found the following on the Maya Hieroglyph Dictionary:

Peter Mathews and Peter Biro (in the Maya Hieroglyph Dictionary) wrote:
aj k'in

Meaning(s): n. priest, diviner / sacerdote, adivinador(a)

Perhaps this is an indication of the sort of person (that we might eventually get to meet, I hope) who is behind the website.

{J302B S8JDC, 8996N M8L4W, 92D40 Q1JX5, 4PPRN R2B97, 8DC7C NZJNV, 8CH7V Q891H}

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:46 am
Last edited by xnbomb on Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
sMooTH WuN
Entrenched

i believe the mayan calender / ajkn thing has been discussed.. its ok though..

im sure we can make this ritual suicide as quick and painless as possible.. now where is the best spot to rip a heart out..hmm..

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:46 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Giskard
Sassypants

sMooTH WuN wrote:

im sure we can make this ritual suicide as quick and painless as possible.. now where is the best spot to rip a heart out..hmm..

Just to clarify, I'm guessing you're addressing HetMasteen and not xnbomb? The aj k'in/priest thing is actually new info and a pretty nifty find!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:05 pm
 ICQ Number 
sMooTH WuN
Entrenched

Giskard wrote:
sMooTH WuN wrote:

I'm guessing you're addressing HetMasteen and not xnbomb? The aj k'in/priest thing is actually new info and a pretty nifty find!

it was in reference to het's post about the page that 'red cloud" leads to being a mayan calender:

Quote:
If this was posted before I apologize in advance and assure you that I will commit ritual suicide if that is what you will demand of me.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:08 pm
HetMasteen
Unfettered

sMooTH WuN wrote:

:suicide committing emoticon:

Hey, at least I was able to come up with a prediction on the next update (with help from GC, XN, and TY). We'll have to wait 'till Friday to see if we were right.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:11 pm
sMooTH WuN
Entrenched

HetMasteen wrote:
sMooTH WuN wrote:

Hey, at least I was able to come up with a prediction on the next update (with help from GC, XN, and TY). We'll have to wait 'till Friday to see if we were right.

yeah i think your right about that friday prediction... only time will tell i guess

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:12 pm
Giskard
Sassypants

HetMasteen wrote:

Well now, let's not get carried away that easily Wink

There was indeed some talk about the symbols depicting dates and predictions on how they might change accordingly, pretty much started by this post by degravedi and carried on for a few more pages after that.

It's all pretty much spec until now though, so please do join in and hold off the sepuku for a while Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:18 pm
 ICQ Number 
Ecks51
Unfettered

sMooTH WuN wrote:

Aw, come now. lol Het has contributed a lot with those posts, even being quick enough to edit and correct him/herself before any of us noticed mistakes. I don't think ritual suicide is the answer, yet. Laughing

Het, that is great work. I'm very amazed at the ammount of information you dug up, since you just got dragged down this hole.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:24 pm
Page 35 of 56 [826 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, ..., 54, 55, 56  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » ARG: Tom Tooman
Jump to: