Return to Unfiction unforum
 a.r.g.b.b 
 Calendar Calendar   FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups 
 Register Register   Log in Log in 

Welcome!
New users, PLEASE read these forum guidelines. New posters, SEARCH before posting and read these rules before posting your killer new campaign. New players may also wish to peruse the ARG Player Tutorial.

All users must abide by the Terms of Service.
This week sponsored by:

You?

Why do we need your help?
Announcements
Got a jones for some uF swag?
Visit Ye Olde Tradin' Post!

The time now is Mon May 29, 2017 5:37 am
All times are UTC - 4 (DST in action)
View posts in this forum since last visit
View unanswered posts in this forum
Calendar
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » ARG: Tom Tooman
[TRAILHEAD] Tom Tooman
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 33 of 56 [826 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, ..., 54, 55, 56  Next
Beef Supreme
Boot

steganography

Could anyone point me to a good stegdetect and/or decoding software? The links in the resources are kind of stale, and there seem to be a lot to choose from out there. Any reccomendations?

EDIT: The date on the barcode website has changed, but the content has not.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:02 am
 Mark this and the following posts unread Back to top 
tygr20
Unfettered

Re: steganography

Beef Supreme wrote:
Could anyone point me to a good stegdetect and/or decoding software? The links in the resources are kind of stale, and there seem to be a lot to choose from out there. Any reccomendations?

EDIT: The date on the barcode website has changed, but the content has not.

I've only used Stegdetect and stegbreak from http://www.outguess.org/ . Used JPHide to try to crack it manually.

@tygr20
www.tygr20.com

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:57 am
phyzix
Decorated

Hey guys I don't think that John Russo Guy is involved in this ARG. I sent him an email yesterday and he emailed me back. I'll post what our conversation was.

Quote:
Hello, and thanks for the support, no I am sorry I do not know Tom Tooman, and this is a story. A look into the future.

I was wondering how you came across my blog? Thank you again for the support.

Choice is the Revolution!

----------------- Original Message -----------------
Date: Aug 6, 2007 8:30 PM

Do you know a Tom Tooman?

And also great writing. Is this for a class or just something you came up with or is the story of the faceless man real?

What do you guys think?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:02 am
DeadbyDawn
Unfettered

I just got through the blog pages, I was at work when they were discovered and cant get on Myspace there. I was about to post that, besides the reference to Red Cloud, I dont see any other real connection.
Well, I guess the Author himself beat me to it. As for what I think about the email from the Author? No PM would write back and say "it's a story" if it was meant to be IG.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:09 am
degravedi
Unfictologist

Welp, back to the drawing board.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:12 am
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
 ICQ Number 
tygr20
Unfettered

Just for the giggles of it, anyone care to stegbreak the images?

@tygr20
www.tygr20.com

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:20 am
DeadbyDawn
Unfettered

Map

Just so we have it on hand. (And because I downloaded a screen capture program last night and FINALLY got it to work!)

I tried overlaying the stars on the map but, couldn't get more than two to line up. Also, the points on the map are too far apart to associate with the stars. I also did some changing in contrast and lighting on the image but, I dont see anything hidden in it.
Map.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   97.81KB
 Viewed   197 Time(s)

Map.jpg

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:36 am
Last edited by DeadbyDawn on Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:45 am; edited 4 times in total
Ecks51
Unfettered

phyzix wrote:
Hey guys I don't think that John Russo Guy is involved in this ARG. I sent him an email yesterday and he emailed me back. I'll post what our conversation was.

Quote:
Hello, and thanks for the support, no I am sorry I do not know Tom Tooman, and this is a story. A look into the future.

I was wondering how you came across my blog? Thank you again for the support.

Choice is the Revolution!

----------------- Original Message -----------------
Date: Aug 6, 2007 8:30 PM

Do you know a Tom Tooman?

And also great writing. Is this for a class or just something you came up with or is the story of the faceless man real?

What do you guys think?

Back to figuring out the map image.

Maybe you should tell him about the errors I pointed out. Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:36 am
degravedi
Unfictologist

Re: Map

DeadbyDawn wrote:
Just so we have it on hand. (And because I downloaded a screen capture program last night and FINALLY got it to work!)

Oh jeeze, I'm sorry hon. I could have told you that all you need to do is press PrtSc and then paste the picture into any image software (MS Paint, Photoshop, etc.)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:48 am
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
 ICQ Number 
tygr20
Unfettered

Re: Map

DeadbyDawn wrote:

I tried overlaying the stars on the map but, couldn't get more than two to line up. Also, the points on the map are too far apart to associate with the stars. I also did some changing in contrast and lighting on the image but, I dont see anything hidden in it.

Perhaps the stars won't line up with the cities highlighted on the map? Maybe we need to find the capitols of the states not highlighted, and see if based off that, maybe they'll line up elsewhere.

@tygr20
www.tygr20.com

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:53 pm
thatguy83
Boot

Now that we have this website we should revisit the original letter. Does this change the clue to look for what is mssng. Does this relate in any way to the fact that to get to the map you had to click on the left eye of the character to the left? Could this relate to the death of Left Eye from the girl group TLC? just kidding!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:22 pm
zizka
Decorated

As long as you're going back to the begining, there is also a comma missing from the original letter. "The sun god was here" and "We thought it might be..." are independent clauses separated by "and." There should be a comma after "was here." This could easily be a non-clue error, but commas are just as much punctuation as are periods. Wink

ETA:

degravedi wrote:
phyzix wrote:
Have you guys noticed this image on his myspace profile

looks like a puzzle to me.

I can't be absolutely certain, but I believe I've seen that symbol somewhere before.

it's the Labarum. It's a very common symbol in most churches, yo uheathens Razz:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chi_Rho

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:51 pm
 ICQ Number 
mortality
Unfettered

Following the Red Cloud/Lame Deer Links

DeadbyDawn wrote:
Heres some interesting connections.

Quote:
In June 1865 Red Cloud's Sioux joined a coalition led by Woqini (Roman Nose) of the Cheyenne, to attack a military post on the North Platte River. Believing they had taught the bluecoats to respect the treaty, they returned home only to learn in August of further encroachments.

Lame Deer is mostly poplulated by Cherokee. North Platte is where the letter was REALLY mailed from.

nobuofanxiii wrote:
As to the password.

Red Cloud was the leader of the Sioux tribe when they fought against the U.S. Military. He fought for land in Montana. The letter was postmarked in Montana.

This has to do with..indians...

Anyway Red Cloud links with Lame Deer as well

Quote:
That winter, Colonel Nelson Miles tenaciously tracked down Crazy Horse's village near the Tongue River in Montana Territory, and on January 8, 1877, with about 3 feet of snow on the ground, the two sides clashed in what would become known as the Battle of Wolf Mountain. Blizzard conditions cut the fighting short, and casualties were light, but Crazy Horse had suffered a mighty blow. His people could run, but they could not hide. The war ended in 1877, not because Sitting Bull and Crazy Horse were defeated in battle but because the hungry Lakotas were unable to hunt or gather food. In early May, Crazy Horse rode into the Red Cloud Agency to surrender, about the same time that Miles struck Minneconjou Sioux Lame Deer's band on Muddy Creek, a small tributary of Rosebud Creek, in Montana Territory. Lame Deer was among the casualties in that May 7, 1877, clash, and the Battle of Lame Deer (or Muddy Creek) was the last significant engagement of the Great Sioux War.

Too much to be a coincidence

Chief Red Cloud had a son, also named Red Cloud or Jack Red Cloud. He fought at Little Big Horn in Montana. Lame Deer was one of the leaders at Little Big Horn.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:05 pm
Maybe Twelve
Boot

regarding ajkin.com

I don't know if this will have any significance, since it's so far in the future, but I've found using this site, which has a spiffy date converter, that, if the glyphs continue to change:

1. On Aug. 15, the second glyph will appear to have eyes
2. The glyph on the left will change on the 22nd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:55 pm
thatguy83
Boot

The mayan callander ending on 2012 doesn't necessarily mean the end of the world but only a significant change. Like a paradigm shift. Maybe that is what "begin again" meant in the original letter. In which case maybe this is counting down to something. Forgive me for any trouts this thread has gone in so many circles it is hard to keep track.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:46 pm
Page 33 of 56 [826 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, ..., 54, 55, 56  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Archive » Archive: General » ARG: Tom Tooman
Jump to: